Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

> What a free kick from Gerrard - I'd be please with that on FIFA let alone in real life into the Kop.

> If that is Stevie's last Champions League goal - which fills me with sadness - then what a way to do it

Special wasn't it?

Read somewhere that it was his 100th goal at Anfield, just a shame we didn't make it into knockout rounds. Wasn't his 100th goal for Liverpool coming from freekick too, in Champions League back then?

I'm starting to notice that Liverpool's reputation has decreased dramatically since 2005. Before, I thought of them as one of the best clubs in England. Now when you try to think of the best teams in the league, they don't even come close to being associated with that group. Liverpool need to get their act together if want to have any chance of getting out of this hole.

I'm starting to notice that Liverpool's reputation has decreased dramatically since 2005. Before' date=' I thought of them as one of the best clubs in England. Now when you try to think of the best teams in the league, they don't even come close to being associated with that group. Liverpool need to get their act together if want to have any chance of getting out of this hole.[/quote']

Yeah, we were definitely considered one of the best teams in England in 2005. With the likes of Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan, Neil Mellor, and Florent Sinama-Pongolle striking fear into the hearts of the opposition.

Yeah' date=' we were definitely considered one of the best teams in England in 2005. With the likes of Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan, Neil Mellor, and Florent Sinama-Pongolle striking fear into the hearts of the opposition.[/quote']

Sami Hyppia, Daniel Agger, Jon-Arne Riise, Xabi Alonso Gerrard, Luis Garcia, Dietmar Hamman, Vladimir Smicer, Fernando Morientes, Milan Baros, Kewell, Djibril Cissé.........

Not only in England but Europe I would dare say !

I'm starting to notice that Liverpool's reputation has decreased dramatically since 2005. Before' date=' I thought of them as one of the best clubs in England. Now when you try to think of the best teams in the league, they don't even come close to being associated with that group. Liverpool need to get their act together if want to have any chance of getting out of this hole.[/quote']

They finished 5th in the Premier League in 2005, they've undoubtedly improved as a team since then.

Emre Can has played 15 minutes in the last 6 games. Moreno is repeatedly being benched in favour of inferior Enrique and Johnson. Lallana has looked very solid whenever he has played yet he hardly does. Manquillo is barely playing now. Surely it can't be Rodgers that is signing these players if he does not even want to use them.

Emre Can has played 15 minutes in the last 6 games. Moreno is repeatedly being benched in favour of inferior Enrique and Johnson. Lallana has looked very solid whenever he has played yet he hardly does. Manquillo is barely playing now. Surely it can't be Rodgers that is signing these players if he does not even want to use them.

It's funny, he moaned about not having squad depth, but now when we have ton of players, he failed to capitalized it.

Read somewhere Lallana apparently playing through the pain in the last couple of weeks; 2 broken ribs.

The rumour that Brad Jones is set to start tomorrow is gathering pace and I don't know how to feel.

Nervous/petrified would be my initial prognosis.....

As much as I stand by my stance from the off that Mignolet is nowhere near good enough for a top side, the thought of Brad Jones is even worse....

I admire Brad as a man with all the challenges in life he has overcome and the charity work he does after the tragic death of his child but in the harsh reality of football he ain't anywhere near good enough to be a PL keeper, he is championship material at best.

But then Mignolet continues to be so awful you come round to thinking could it be any worse.....this is where not having a "proper" number two keeper comes back to bite.

You're only as good as your goalkeeper' date=' as I've always said.

That means Liverpool are relegation standard and Arsenal are as loopy as a fruit bat.[/quote']

I think that's a bit of an overstatement. United went for a good few years without a decent keeper before Van der Sar. And they were rather successful.

Also Safir - wages would be my guess.