Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I think it's about time he tried Sterling up top, suggested it myself on here a few weeks back. Clearly playing with a target man CF in Mario/Lambert hasn't worked and getting more movement up top with Coutinho and Lallana around him could be our best bet right now. I would prefer to see Can in for Allen tho, just don't think he's physically strong enough for the big games.

Jones' date=' Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Balo on the bench

I swear Rodgers has gone mad[/quote']

Looks like Gerrard will be back in his 'quarter back' role again, even though our defense has looked far more solid with Lucas in the team. I'm worried for today now, little protection for a weak defense in front of a seriously weak goalkeeper :eek:

Have we all seen the 'young Brendan Rodgers in a nightclub' picture yet? If not' date=' right now is as good a time as any. Enjoy.

[img']http://i.imgur.com/fpgX2dL.jpg[/img]

He looks like someone (maybe semi-) famous, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's just everyone who was anyone in the 80's.

It's going to bother me that.

So here's the team: Jones' date=' Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Mignolet on the bench! I thought he did ok against Basle.[/quote']

He did okay, but it was bound to happened.

Apart from Jones/Mignolet and Lovren/Kolo; that is the best we can do right now.

I would throw Markovic in the second half for Coutinho/Lallana.

Absolutely appalling

We have performed quite well. Lapse in concentration for the goal and a poor spell just after. Bar that and a blatant offside call, we have been pretty decent.

Just the final balls that have been let downs, otherwise we could've been in a few more times. But we are winning every tackle, every header etc.

Not really sure how. If Sterling and Balotelli didn't hit every shot directly at De Gea the result would have been completely different.

Doesn't change the fact that defensively we're a laughing stock and have been for some time. Everyone knows were not scoring goals atm so you have to tighten up at the back it's not rocket science but BR doesn't know how to set teams up to defend. Everyone raving about De Gea and whilst I think he played well all the saves he made were made saveable for me by woeful finishing. Spent a ton of money and lets be honest none of them look up to it.

Not really sure how. If Sterling and Balotelli didn't hit every shot directly at De Gea the result would have been completely different.

Had he purchased a better striker, or played a tactic where Sterling wasn't the focal point when we know how poor he is at finishing it could of been different.

Brad Jones was terrible, I'd have backed Mignolet to have stopped at least one of the goals. Lovren is the most pathetic defender ive ever seen.