ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Coquelin on form would challenge Lucas any day. I think that Lucas at the very moment is the better player and will get a place in the Arsenal side over Coquelin in an ideal world but with Arsenal needing to solve other pressing issues first, Coquelin has provided enough to Arsene in that DM spot. If Arsenal had a perfect 10, Lucas would be my 11th at the very moment.

Coquelin has potential and will overtake Lucas in terms of ability when he reaches his age as his presence on the ground and tackles are admirable. Only thing IMO he lacks right now is the accurate passing ability and decision making. So often he wins the ball and gives it away with a bad pass.

Ok let's try and do a mixed team? 4-2-3-1?

GK: David Ospina

RB: Mathieu Debuchy

CB: Laurent Koscielny

CB: Martin Skrtel

LB: Alberto Moreno

CM: Aaron Ramsey

CM: Jordan Henderson

RW: Raheem Sterling

AM: Mesut Ozil

LW: Alexis Sanchez

ST: Daniel Sturridge

Seems fair enough right? I'm considering Santi Cazorla to be an attacking midfielder' date=' and Coutinho is fantastic, but I would take Ozil ahead of him based on talent. Of course not based on form.[/quote']

Monreal has been one of our best players the past few months so right now i'd probably have him over Moreno at this moment in time anyway.

You said Lucas would not get into Arsenal XI but in the mixed team you put Lucas ahead of Coquelin.

So' date=' certainly he is better than Coquelin and should be in Arsenal XI in the first place?[/quote']

But I didn't say just that?

I said Coquelin has done so well that Lucas isn't needed right now at Arsenal. 2 months ago though Lucas would walk into that side but right now there is no reason for him to displace him.

In general though I feel Lucas has more experience so is better?

I don't understand how people are struggling to understand my point?

Coquelin on form would challenge Lucas any day. I think that Lucas at the very moment is the better player and will get a place in the Arsenal side over Coquelin in an ideal world but with Arsenal needing to solve other pressing issues first' date=' Coquelin has provided enough to Arsene in that DM spot. If Arsenal had a perfect 10, Lucas would be my 11th [b']at the very moment[/b].

Coquelin has potential and will overtake Lucas in terms of ability when he reaches his age as his presence on the ground and tackles are admirable. Only thing IMO he lacks right now is the accurate passing ability and decision making. So often he wins the ball and gives it away with a bad pass.

The first point you make pretty much sums up what I am saying.

On form the two are not massively apart, experience wise Lucas edges it and so is the better player but there would be no point currently in Arsenal not allowing Coquelin to make that role his own.

Apparently now that the window is closed we are working on a deal to bring Ings in on at the start of the next window.
We can get Danny Ings on a free can't we? That would be a nice deal

Too good to be true, so can't see that happening.

We gonna messed it up at some point or he will end up signing a new contract.

Too good to be true' date=' so can't see that happening.

We gonna messed it up at some point or he will end up signing a new contract.[/quote']

Or Spurs will sign him... :rolleyes:

Word is he rejected a pre-contract agreement with Real Sociedad on deadline day as he wants to come to us:)

Just making things interesting that's all :P

I don't think we played that bad and we created plenty of chances, still think there penalty is soft at best I ain't convinced he clips him at all but silly of Skrtel to give the ref the opportunity. More stupid from Danns for Bolton I think that challenge on its own could have been a red never mind a second yellow.

Over the two games though we have created a catalogue of chances, Coutinho's winner was class and will get the headlines but the first goal was better IMO great pass and vision by Can, and then the technique from Sterling to volley that coming over his shoulder on his wrong foot was magnificent, really difficult technique.

With all the games we are having you ain't gunna be at your best every single game but we done enough and that's what counts.

Onwards and upwards :)

So nice to be surrounded by Liverpool fans in a pub as opposed to United fans :P Incredible goal by Coutinho, the whole atmosphere in the team changed when Sturridge came on. Big shout out to Emre Can like a tank completely changed the momentum in midfield.