ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Huge match tonight .... here's the team:

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Sterling ruled out through injury but great that Sturridge is able to take his place, also no Allen in the starting lineup which is good!

Sakho is awful' date=' he was crap in the derby as well. You were just lucky that we are just as bad and couldn't punish him.[/quote']

That would have involved you trying to score.....you didn't

Sakho has actually been excellent the last two months admittedly not his finest 45 minutes so far though :o

That would have involved you trying to score.....you didn't

Sakho has actually been excellent the last two months admittedly not his finest 45 minutes so far though :o

No he was awful against us, doesn't look confident on the ball whatsoever.

I can smell it.... can you? It smells like.... the top 4.

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago we'd be 3 points off the top 4 places now?

Mahoosive game against Southampton next Sunday, Palace and Besiktas will be tests aswell.

Right now I've calmed down like;

Thought it was an utterly breathtaking match, both teams looked like they would score every time they attacked. Firstly thought the goals we conceded were poor, first one you realise just how important Lucas is as Gerrard and Henderson pushed forward and got caught out, Sakho's positioning was dreadful and the slip just topped it off. 2nd goal was a joke, first of all it was a fantastic tackle from Gerrard and then Kane is offside when he puts the cross in.

Thought Coutinho was poor does look a little jaded and unsurprisingly he's played an immense amount of football recently. The whole team is looking tired but the spirit to get the win was great, good for Sturridge to get 70 minutes as well looked a threat every time he went forward and his finishing will comeback with time.

The transformation Mignolet has gone under this past few months is incredible, he was dead and gone and we looked certain to be getting a goalkeeper but he's turned it around and that save he made from Lamela was world class and even his distribution has improved. Bar the goal I thought Sakho was alright his passing is good but he seems to really struggle when someone pressures him ie at Everton and what Dembele did today. Really impressed by Skrtel though and that's unlike me he looks like a leader now and that's all we've ever needed his yellow card was extremely harsh as well.

Rodgers got all the subs correct as well tonight, I thought when they were made that the game would be killed off and for about 5 minutes it was very slow, but Lovren looked strong for once and the decision to move Emre Can up again just like against Bolton just gave our midfield some momentum, Lallana with a great assist and what can you say it just seemed in the script for Balotelli, completely forgiven for his drought because that could be one of the biggest goals in the season for us, and undoubtedly that should raise his confidence you could see the relief on his face when that went in.

Tottenham were fantastic though a completely different team than the one we faced early in the season, they'll be in the hunt all the way till the end if they carry on playing like that, and I honestly cannot call the Top 4 it's dreadfully close luckily we've gained form at a great time.

Right now I've calmed down like;

Thought it was an utterly breathtaking match' date=' both teams looked like they would score every time they attacked. Firstly thought the goals we conceded were poor, first one you realise just how important Lucas is as Gerrard and Henderson pushed forward and got caught out, Sakho's positioning was dreadful and the slip just topped it off. 2nd goal was a joke, first of all it was a fantastic tackle from Gerrard and then Kane is offside when he puts the cross in.

Thought Coutinho was poor does look a little jaded and unsurprisingly he's played an immense amount of football recently. The whole team is looking tired but the spirit to get the win was great, good for Sturridge to get 70 minutes as well looked a threat every time he went forward and his finishing will comeback with time.

[b']The transformation Mignolet has gone under this past few months is incredible[/b], he was dead and gone and we looked certain to be getting a goalkeeper but he's turned it around and that save he made from Lamela was world class and even his distribution has improved. Bar the goal I thought Sakho was alright his passing is good but he seems to really struggle when someone pressures him ie at Everton and what Dembele did today. Really impressed by Skrtel though and that's unlike me he looks like a leader now and that's all we've ever needed his yellow card was extremely harsh as well.

Rodgers got all the subs correct as well tonight, I thought when they were made that the game would be killed off and for about 5 minutes it was very slow, but Lovren looked strong for once and the decision to move Emre Can up again just like against Bolton just gave our midfield some momentum, Lallana with a great assist and what can you say it just seemed in the script for Balotelli, completely forgiven for his drought because that could be one of the biggest goals in the season for us, and undoubtedly that should raise his confidence you could see the relief on his face when that went in.

Tottenham were fantastic though a completely different team than the one we faced early in the season, they'll be in the hunt all the way till the end if they carry on playing like that, and I honestly cannot call the Top 4 it's dreadfully close luckily we've gained form at a great time.

I hate to say it, (and you'll probably hate to hear it even more,) but you have Sir Gary Alexander Neville to thank for that.

He looks extremely awkward on the ball' date=' but his pass completion stats are actually very high. I don't really care how he looks as long as it works for him.[/quote']

Pass completion mean nothing when he is just passing the ball a few yards. He is a mistake waiting to happen.