ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Mario changed the game for me' date=' great performance especially against a bogey team, brilliant from Mignolet and Allen today as well. Thank god Gayle didn't score.[/quote']

Don't think I would agree with the top comment I don't know how it looked on the TV but in the entire first half I thought we dominated the game and just bad finishing and some decent blocks by Palace to be fair was the difference, we were dominating the ball creating numerous chances.

Don't get me wrong Mario played half decent again but don't think he really made the difference I just think the team in general was full of confidence and belief and we would have turned it around regardless.

Thought Henderson was MOTM thought he was terrific, really led the side well demanded the ball and kept us ticking. Thought he had his worse game in a long while against Tottenham but was the complete opposite today really good and his assist was top quality.

Lots of decent displays Allen was very good, Mignolet has really started to command his box and he deserves credit for that, Can again just looks like a Rolls Royce player to me and Studge's movement is just so so good see it in person it really it top drawer.

The goal was Dissapointing Skrtel made an error but he has been brilliant lately so can forgive him and in the second half we saw the game out with real ease and in a very professional way Palace created next to nothing and had nothing bar the punt forward...

Still job done, a potentially tricky tie and we came through in real good fashion, keeps the run of good form going....

Thank God we didn't sack Brendon eh ;)

@Ray, I disagree re Skrtel, I've watched the last couple of games and I haven't been that impressed with him. Im not sure the combination of Can-Skrtel-Sakho is the answer for the future.

Have to say though I think Henderson is developing into an outstanding player - if there were any worries about replacing Gerrard I think they have been pretty much quashed now.

I reckon he will be back around 11 don't think he wil hide

innit why the hell wouldnt i be back im not gunna run away especially team we beat past two times in the league...fair play liverpool won today but was a poor game could have gone either way gayle missed a big chance but speroni pulled some worldies.....end of day dont see why u wouldnt reckon i wouldnt be back especially since our history.....and what u on about the ref being awful, yeah he was in young bloody favour!!!!end of the day im palace till i die and scouse at the end cheered me up ahaha was all good banter tho eh

innit why the hell wouldnt i be back im not gunna run away especially team we beat past two times in the league...fair play liverpool won today but was a poor game could have gone either way gayle missed a big chance but speroni pulled some worldies.....end of day dont see why u wouldnt reckon i wouldnt be back especially since our history.....and what u on about the ref being awful' date=' yeah he was in young bloody favour!!!!end of the day im palace till i die and hitting a few scouse at the end cheered me up ahaha was all good banter tho eh[/quote']

You're cooked mate.

innit why the hell wouldnt i be back im not gunna run away especially team we beat past two times in the league...fair play liverpool won today but was a poor game could have gone either way gayle missed a big chance but speroni pulled some worldies.....end of day dont see why u wouldnt reckon i wouldnt be back especially since our history.....and what u on about the ref being awful' date=' yeah he was in young bloody favour!!!!end of the day im palace till i die and hitting a few scouse at the end cheered me up ahaha was all good banter tho eh[/quote']

Can I have some....?

@Ray' date=' I disagree re Skrtel, I've watched the last couple of games and I haven't been that impressed with him. Im not sure the combination of Can-Skrtel-Sakho is the answer for the future.

Have to say though I think Henderson is developing into an outstanding player - if there were any worries about replacing Gerrard I think they have been pretty much quashed now.[/quote']

I would suggest that the upturn in our form, our outstanding defensive record since he three of them played together on Boxing Day, and the fact that all three of them have been outstanding would suggest otherwise. Those three together at the back has been the bedrock of the revival.

Skrtel has been immense, not his finest moment yesterday but he recovered well from the mistake and was absolute boss in the second half.

No reason at all to change a formula that is working so well, in time Can will be in CM but the three at the back looks here to stay.

I would suggest that the upturn in our form' date=' our outstanding defensive record since he three of them played together on Boxing Day, and the fact that all three of them have been outstanding would suggest otherwise. Those three together at the back has been the bedrock of the revival.

Skrtel has been immense, not his finest moment yesterday but he recovered well from the mistake and was absolute boss in the second half.

No reason at all to change a formula that is working so well, in time Can will be in CM but the three at the back looks here to stay.[/quote']

Thought Skrtel was dreadful yesterday, made 3 really key mistakes including the goal and when Gayle should have scored. Brendans reaction to the cheap free-kick he gave away in the last second summed it up, hes been brilliant recently but this was his worst game in a long time.

We still seem to have problems on corners well scoring from them as since Mignolet turned himself around hes bossed pretty much every corner, don't understand why Coutinho takes them as he can't clear the first man, I think it's criminal that a team with Sakho and Skrtel aren't scoring from corners.

I'll admit when I'm wrong and I was very wrong, Rodgers has proven that he can turn it around and switch up his tactics, disappointed that he didn't do it a few weeks earlier as we could still be in the Champions League but to know how dire the outlook was a few months ago we are in a great position now.

Huge game at the weekend on this difficult fixture run we've got.

innit why the hell wouldnt i be back im not gunna run away especially team we beat past two times in the league...fair play liverpool won today but was a poor game could have gone either way gayle missed a big chance but speroni pulled some worldies.....end of day dont see why u wouldnt reckon i wouldnt be back especially since our history.....and what u on about the ref being awful' date=' yeah he was in young bloody favour!!!!end of the day im palace till i die and scouse at the end cheered me up ahaha was all good banter tho eh[/quote']

When are you next on Jeremy Kyle?

(translation) ey blud, wen u next banging dem hose on jezza innit?

Lazar Markovic gets a four game European Ban for doing absolutely nothing against Basle, the sending off was ridiculous as I still aint convinced his hand even touched his face and to compound it he got a four game ban for that!!

Ridiculous length of suspension but hey thats UEFA for you.

Lazar Markovic gets a four game European Ban for doing absolutely nothing against Basle' date=' the sending off was ridiculous as I still aint convinced his hand even touched his face and to compound it he got a four game ban for that!!

Ridiculous length of suspension but hey thats UEFA for you.[/quote']

I'm not overly worried. It's an outrageous suspension, especially considering it wasn't even a red card.

But we'll just play Lazar in league games and Ibe in Europa games. Helps keep the team fresh as well.

Lazar Markovic gets a four game European Ban for doing absolutely nothing against Basle' date=' the sending off was ridiculous as I still aint convinced his hand even touched his face and to compound it he got a four game ban for that!!

Ridiculous length of suspension but hey thats UEFA for you.[/quote']

You can argue the red card as it was debatable but once it is down as a red card the punishment is suitable, that red card was his second in the last 5 European games he played.

You can argue the red card as it was debatable but once it is down as a red card the punishment is suitable' date=' that red card was his second in the last 5 European games he played.[/quote']

He was not even looking at him so for me it ain't even debateable there is no intent there whatsoever, but if your gunna give out four game bans for that then you might as well pack football in, it is a nothing offence.

The fact it is his second red card matters not as the first red card is not relevant to the decision making process of how many games he gets for this "red card offence"

We accept the punishment and move on and will do with it, no point moaning about it just gotta get on with it but really four games for that....you get three games for stamping....the punishment in my eyes really don't match the crime so to speak in this instance.

C'est la vie though and as Tom mentioned I am pretty sure Ibe would have been marked down to play all the Europa Games as it is he is almost guarenteed to now.

That ban was from last season' date=' so shouldn't really be considered.[/quote']

The red card during the match is not considered based on past offense.

But the extra punishment that comes after that I believe have direct effect from his past offense.

Reputation over anything else.

It's a red card by the laws' date=' as there's intent but four games for that is a joke.[/quote']

He's got a 4 game ban for exactly the same reason that Shelvey got a 4 game domestic ban earlier this season - a punishment that I seem to remember you supporting. 3 games for a straight red, plus the extra considering it's a second offence in a limited period seems pretty fair to me. Clearly the 3 game ban wasn't a significant enough deterrent.

I don't think bans should be restricted to domestic/European games. A 3 game European ban can take months to clear and an awful foul in the league can leave you able to play in your club's crucial continental games.

He's got a 4 game ban for exactly the same reason that Shelvey got a 4 game domestic ban earlier this season - a punishment that I seem to remember you supporting. 3 games for a straight red' date=' plus the extra considering it's a second offence in a limited period seems pretty fair to me. Clearly the 3 game ban wasn't a significant enough deterrent.

I don't think bans should be restricted to domestic/European games. A 3 game European ban can take months to clear and an awful foul in the league can leave you able to play in your club's crucial continental games.[/quote']

But Stuart,

Markovic didn't even touch Safari. There was absolutely no contact. And it's a natural push-off, there was no malicious intent in it. Anyone with borderline common sense would understand that it wasn't intentional. The four game ban is completely unwarranted.

But Stuart' date='

Markovic didn't even touch Safari. There was absolutely no contact. And it's a natural push-off, there was no malicious intent in it. Anyone with borderline common sense would understand that it wasn't intentional. The four game ban is completely unwarranted.[/quote']

Doesn't matter if there's no contact if there's intent, and I believe there is. He checks behind him twice to see where Safari is and then flings his hand out for no good reason (other than to strike Safari) with his fingers out at about eye level. It could have been very nasty.

vXhSFv9dAEY

Doesn't matter if there's no contact if there's intent' date=' and I believe there is. He checks behind him twice to see where Safari is and then flings his hand out for no good reason (other than to strike Safari) with his fingers out at about eye level. It could have been very nasty.

[center']

vXhSFv9dAEY

[/center]

See, but that's a yellow card offense in my opinion, at most. It's not the same as a two-footed challenge or a high boot in the face of someone or stomping on someone.

See' date=' but that's a yellow card offense in my opinion, at most. It's not the same as a two-footed challenge or a high boot in the face of someone or stomping on someone.[/quote']

Rules are rules. You raise an arm/hand to another players face and you're going to be lucky to avoid a red. Obviously the ones you list are worse but that doesn't mean Markovic's isn't a red. A continuous order of the seriousness of various fouls has to somewhere be cut off into the discrete red, yellow or no card offences.