ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Safari should get a 4 game ban for that dive. That's not a defence for Markovic by the way, but even if there was contact, then there would of been the tiniest little flick, so going down like that is just so weak. Seriously frustrating simulation like that. Not talking about when there is contact and a player goes down easily. I'm talking about making an absolute meal out of nothing like Safari has to try and influence a refs decision. Need to start banning players for that sort of thing or else it will only get worse, even if it were to be a Liverpool player

looks to me like he pkes him in the eye, in that case i wouldnt say he was simulating, getting hit in the eye is quite a painful thing.

If he didnt get poked in the eye though, thats bviously blatant simulation, even though markovic did purposely 'hit' him, so the ban is right (but not fair, as many of you have pointed out)

My question for liverpool fans. This time last season a liverpool fan ask me would you rather win the FA CUP or finish in the top 4? My answer was I will rather finish ahead of spurs and win the FA Cup that was before the quarter final vs everton even though l knew we had a decent chance there but we got FA CUP and top 4 :D

So liverpool fans would you rather win the FA cup or finish in the TOP 4?? if you only had one choice. which one

Fa Cup glory looks almost there. My prediction for top 4 will came in the last two game of the season. were Liverpool will hope United do them a favour by beating Arsenal in game 37

Where have you heard that? All I can see is jarg twitter accounts saying it.
My question for liverpool fans. This time last season a liverpool fan ask me would you rather win the FA CUP or finish in the top 4? My answer was I will rather finish ahead of spurs and win the FA Cup that was before the quarter final vs everton even though l knew we had a decent chance there but we got FA CUP and top 4 :D

So liverpool fans would you rather win the FA cup or finish in the TOP 4?? if you only had one choice. which one

Fa Cup glory looks almost there. My prediction for top 4 will came in the last two game of the season. were Liverpool will hope United do them a favour by beating Arsenal in game 37

FA Cup and qualification for Champo via the Europa :D

I never get these either or hings makes no sense we will go for both and both are achieveable by the same token we might end up with nothing....

Always trophies for me mind, what do you remember most trophies, no silverware or open top bus rides for fourth is there....

I am actually shocked at how strong our starting line up is tonight felt certain there would be a few changes.

With the absolute carnage that has been our fixture list he past two months and upcoming I thought tonight would see some changes especially with such a vital game at Southampton but Rodgers must be taking this very seriously.

I would have rested Coutinho for Definete he has looked tired after 55-60 minutes of recent games and needs a week to recharge the batteries and thought Mario may have got a chance tonight along with a rest for Moreno.

Difficult half that, Besiktas have been very solid and well organised but I stick by my guns we should have made a couple of changes a few of the players look leggy and needed to freshen it up.

Not wholesale changes but a couple, Coutinho for me is in danger of burn out and tonight was the ideal opportunity for a slight rest as we will need him more in the next two PL games and a draining trip to Turkey on a Thursday night before a 12.00 Sunday game (ridiculous scheduling but that's just the way it is)

Ibe has looked threatening without the end product and Sakho for me has been our best player so far solid and terrific use of the ball from the back.

Wow. Balotelli pulled a Mirallas there' date=' Hendo not impressed.[/quote']

yep very Dissapointing, actually it is no different to the Mirallas incident and the fact he scored does not change the fact that Mario has demonstrated a selfishness but more importantly a complete lack of respect for his Manager, his Captain and his teammates.

I don't blame Henderson and Sturridge for being angry, Henderson was the designated penalty taker and you follow team orders it is a complete lack of respect IMO.

Obviously delighted he scored it and it is a decent result to take for the second leg with the clean sheet. Think we probably just edged it Besiktas defended very well.

Sakho MOTM for me, thought Can was abysmal tonight worst game I have seen him have for us gave the ball away endlessly and made stupid mistakes looked a bit mentally tired more than anything.

The shame is Mario played well again when he came on as a sub and was influential but all the talk will be about the penalty and the lack of respect and TBH I have no sympathy with him on this occasion he deserves the flack.

Always one step forward, two steps back with Mario....

Well it is different for one obvious reason Balotelli is one of the best penalty takers on the planet, Henderson is not and shouldn't have priority for being captain, the lads getting a little bit too cocky since he became captain elect.

Totally agree with Carragher and Hamman, shouldn't be any argument Balotelli is our best penalty taker without Gerrard and end of the day the best one should take it, everyone will make a mountain of a molehill hope it doesn't distract Mario, he's won us the game and end of the day that's all that's important.

Well it is different for one obvious reason Balotelli is one of the best penalty takers on the planet' date=' Henderson is not and shouldn't have priority for being captain, the lads getting a little bit too cocky since he became captain elect.[/quote']

What a complete load of rubbish.

It don't matter if Mario has scored 60 penalties and missed none, the essence is the complete lack of respect for his captain, his manager and his teammates and I would suggest the only person displaying cockiness is a player who believes his own selfishness is more important than following team orders and showing respect to the people and club who employ him...

the team is on a great run and we don't need incidents like these which could lead to fractions within the side and cause disharmony within the dressing room and the club...

Stevie got it spot on in the TV studio.

Rodgers putting Henderson on penalties over Balotelli.

Absolutely mental. Has such an agenda against Balo.

Also watching Henderson miss free-kick after free kick next season is going to be horrible.

Finally Gerrard quotes tonight were ridiculous and we are going to be a lot better off without him next season.

Rodgers putting Henderson on penalties

Finally Gerrard quotes tonight were ridiculous and we are going to be a lot better off without him next season.

Yeh that's the way to talk about arguably the best player to ever put on a LFC shirt.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

How do you know Henderson can't take penalties by the way???

What a complete load of rubbish.

It don't matter if Mario has scored 60 penalties and missed none' date=' the essence is the complete lack of respect for his captain, his manager and his teammates and I would suggest the only person displaying cockiness is a player who believes his own selfishness is more important than following team orders and showing respect to the people and club who employ him...

the team is on a great run and we don't need incidents like these which could lead to fractions within the side and cause disharmony within the dressing room and the club...

Stevie got it spot on in the TV studio.[/quote']

Well a whole host of names support Mario, it's hardly selfish to take a late penalty with so much pressure on, utter rubbish that he's disrespecting anyone, I want the best penalty taker to take the penalty not Henderson, Hendersons attitude has changed completely since Gerrard announced he was leaving.

You're talking utter rubbish if you don't think Balo did the right thing, completely different to the Mirallas situation as Baines has again an almost perfect record, best penalty taker takes the penalty simple as that, if Hendo took it and missed we'd all sat here wondering why Mario didn't take that, I don't think it's selfish to take a late penalty when you know the pressure is all on you, it's a huge risk to take and bar Gerrard Mario is the only person I'd want in that position.

Yeh that's the way to talk about arguably the best player to ever put on a LFC shirt.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont want him practicing his penalties in the 85th minute of a 0-0 game.

If anything it's very unprofessional of Gerrard to call Mario out on live TV, as club captain he should know better than to air dirty laundry and I'm really disappointed in him.

Your argument is so frustratingly irrelevant. He is arguably the best player ever and we will be better without him, its not one of the other.

He is ruining us on the pitch. First half of the season having him at DM was disastrous and then look at the Everton game. They were there for the taking but he played the full game with absolutely no impact. If he wasn't a club legend he wouldn't get a look in.

But he has such a strange hold over Rodgers. Rodgers can't not play him. Its ruining us. Now he publicly throws one of his players under the bus on live TV? Terrible actions as club captain.

Also Rodgers is pathetic. Trying his very best to make Balotelli a problem. Didn't even put him on the bench for a month because he "didn't press", then he was "ill".

Also Henderson has taken 1 penalty ever, in a shootout for Sunderland and....

... he missed.

Balotelli is one of the best penalty takers ever. Make your mind up.