Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Very dissapointed to go out, really can't ever have the attitude of some fans in any competition "better if we go out" how can it ever be better, blows me away when I hear people talk like that.

Not surprised in all honesty when you look at the situation we have a bunch of players who have played every three days for over two months now (not even European but domestic commitments) and also we have to factor in we have a lot of players who ain't 100% anyhow.

Lots of hate for Sterling and Studge on social media but they have been injured and making there way back, the sharpness ain't quite there yet but. Wouldn't be to harsh on them at all.

Had the opportunity first half to seal it but we didn't take our chances and the longer the game wore on Besiktas took charge and they deserved the win on the night although we defended pretty well in the main and the goal was a peach of a strike to be fair.

As soon as it went to Penalties I was sure we were out, having seen Mignolet's attempts at saving penalties in the Boro game I couldn't ever see him saving a penalty and so it proved.

Lots of hate for Lovren but at least he had the cajones to step up and take one, it was an awful penalty but then look at the options we had left Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Manquillo, Sterling all of them would have filled me with the sack lack of confidence.

Very Dissapointing, but chin up gotta move on, be astonished if we get anything from the City game the injuries are racking up (Studge was hobbling as well) but hey will make it all the more sweeter if we do!!

Get through the next week with another three games and we should hopefully have Johnson, Sakho, Gerrard and maybe even Lucas back which will help enormously.

Obviously disappointed, but with all the injuries, compact fixtures and tiredness finally kick in - it's understandable.

Poor performance as a team all around, only few worth mentioning - Can, Skrtel and maybe a little bit of Allen, Lovren and Mignolet. Others have been pish poor.

The trio of Sturridge, Balotelli and Sterling were awful. That's what you get when you have player like Sterling, that special trait is hogging the ball and want to do it himself to play as AM to link up between midfield and the final third - massive gap in the hole and Sturridge and Balotelli been overly isolated.

Sterling is good players on normal day, but he obviously can't work alone on that 'creative' department.

Also, when Balotelli off for Lallana, one would expect Sterling to move further forward and Lallana takes his place, but it didn't happened and Sterling keep playing that deeper role. Critical error when we are trying to find that one goal. And then they finally switch place, bit too late.

I don't know where people get that "Sterling don't want to take the last penalty" bit, is there an interview or something?

Really feel for Lovren, personally thought he play quite good tonight compared to his normal performance. Hope he comes back strong after this, we all knew how hard he tried to get back into the team. Show glimpse of his Soton day in the last few match.

Lots of hate for Lovren but at least he had the cajones to step up and take one' date=' it was an awful penalty but then look at the options we had left Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Manquillo, Sterling all of them would have filled me with the sack lack of confidence.[/quote']

Kolos penalty record is fantastic was very surprised he didn't step up 5th.

Another really poor tactically set-up match in Europe. Got to hope Rodgers learns because he obviously lacks experience massively in order to get through European games.

Kolos penalty record is fantastic was very surprised he didn't step up 5th.

Another really poor tactically set-up match in Europe. Got to hope Rodgers learns because he obviously lacks experience massively in order to get through European games.

He obviously didn't back himself though and I'd never blame the manager for picking players who feel confident especially if others are shying away.

As I said in my initial post was confident in the first four but after that whoever took it I wouldn't have fancied em.

Don't buy the tactical bit either, we were the better side first half and tactically we were doing perfectly. I honestly just think it was a combination of tiredness setting in and a combination of players not match fit in Studge, Sterling and lets remember Allen has just come back for example.

Anyhow what's done is done dissapointed if we can get muddle our way through the next week with the depleted squad we have hopefully get four points from City and Burnley and take care of Blackburn in the FA Cup everybody will be feeling positive again especially with all the players who are out likely to be back in time for the Swansea game.

Very disappointed in Sterling' date=' you want 130k a week you can't be shying away from penalty duty.[/quote']

+1

Just been reading a few reports, probably nothing much in them but linking us to Turan and Illarramendi, wouldn't complain at that, same goes for Milner and Ings on top of them, would be a decent window.

+1

Just been reading a few reports' date=' probably nothing much in them but linking us to [b']Turan[/b] and Illarramendi, wouldn't complain at that, same goes for Milner and Ings on top of them, would be a decent window.

When will you learn? He was never meant to be with us.

Arda waiting to join Liverpool be like:

Nvw4jmS.jpg?1deXt3AX.jpg?1

"Freakin' get it done already!"

Besiktas really Liverpool I guess your concentrating on the league Rodgers right? Lost for words this team are a shambles can't replace Suarez and can't replace Gerrard I think it's only going to go from worse to even worse. :eek:

Bit over the top that like, they only lost 1-0 away from home and have been on fantastic form. Also most teams would struggle to replace Suarez and Gerrard.

Besiktas really Liverpool I guess your concentrating on the league Rodgers right? Lost for words this team are a shambles can't replace Suarez and can't replace Gerrard I think it's only going to go from worse to even worse. :eek:

We lost 1-0 away from home, with a big game at the weekend coming off a jam packed fixture schedule where we've been unbeaten since the start of the year.

Very over-dramatic.