Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

We lost 1-0 away from home' date=' with a big game at the weekend coming off a jam packed fixture schedule where we've been unbeaten since the start of the year.

Very over-dramatic.[/quote']

Totally agree, i feel sorry for Lovren cause his confidence will be out the window again of course im sad where out of Europe but we need to focus on getting league results and beating Blackburn at Anfield. I thought Kolo or Raheem would have taken the penalty but if they werent confident then i can see why they didnt step up. COME ON YOU REDS LETS GET A GOOD RESULT AGAINST CITY.

Apparently Sakho and Hendo will be fit for City. I'd assume that means Lovren will be dropped due to Kolo having a decent game against Besiktas' date=' which is a shame because it's really not what his confidence needs right now.[/quote']

Not according to this

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9732695/mamadou-sakho-set-to-miss-liverpools-anfield-clash-with-manchester-city

Can't see us rushing things with ever fragile Sakho.

Hendo on the other hands is a must play if we want a shot of something this Sunday.

Mignolet

Kolo - Skrtel - Lovren

Ibe - Hendo - Can - Moreno

Sterling - Coutinho

Sturridge

I think Allen has to start with Can in defence, I can't see a partnership between two very similar players like Hendo and Can really work in a big game you need one to do defensive dirty work.

I think Allen has to start with Can in defence' date=' I can't see a partnership between two very similar players like Hendo and Can really work in a big game you need one to do defensive dirty work.[/quote']

I don't think Allen is up for scratch against City's midfielder, he will end up giving more foul.

I think Allen has to start with Can in defence' date=' I can't see a partnership between two very similar players like Hendo and Can really work in a big game you need one to do defensive dirty work.[/quote']

Allen doesn't defend, doesn't attack well he's just there IMO lol. What I have seen of Can is that he's pretty solid with tackles so I think that the midfield duo of Henderson and Can can work?

Hasnt Sakho been your best player at the back? Why would you drop him for Lovren who has been dreadful?

Allen doesn't defend' date=' doesn't attack well he's just there IMO lol. What I have seen of Can is that he's pretty solid with tackles so I think that the midfield duo of Henderson and Can can work?

Hasnt Sakho been your best player at the back? Why would you drop him for Lovren who has been dreadful?[/quote']

Because Sakho isnt fully fit, and i agree about allen except for a few games he doesent really do much i hope Can and Henderson will be tried out.

Markovic to start ahead of Sterling.

Markovic is nailed on to start regardless of who it is for IMO. We won't have much freshness in the team and a player who is fully fit, fresh and of first XI starting standard is going to play.

Team selection is difficult to predict because frankly so many players have niggles, injury doubts.

Agree with Syn though I would start Can but most certainly in the back three, and also worried about Allen in CM as he looked (understandably) shattered the other night but we ain't got another CM fit so he has to play.

Picking this side presuming Sakho ain't fit and Studge is "fit enough"

Mignolet

Lovren

Skrtel

Can

Moreno

Markovic

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Lallana

Studge

Markovic is nailed on to start regardless of who it is for IMO. We won't have much freshness in the team and a player who is fully fit' date=' fresh and of first XI starting standard is going to play.

Team selection is difficult to predict because frankly so many players have niggles, injury doubts.

Agree with Syn though I would start Can but most certainly in the back three, and also worried about Allen in CM as he looked (understandably) shattered the other night but we ain't got another CM fit so he has to play.

Picking this side presuming Sakho ain't fit and Studge is "fit enough"

Mignolet

Lovren

Skrtel

Can

Moreno

Markovic

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Lallana

Studge[/quote']

As much as I'm a fan of Lovren (or really just hoping he comes good), I'd start Kolo instead tonight (unless he's injured?). Kolo had the better game against Besiktas and there's no telling what that penalty did to Lovren's already fragile confidence.