Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Where all those people that said that Rafa was bad and should be replaced, as he's not good enough now?

Shambles - complete shambles. Give Hodgson 1 or 2 more chances and if nothing happens, sack him. However, with such great owners who deemed that Benitez was doing a bad job with such a great squad and that Liverpool needed something new, you start to wonder whether they'd sack him even if Liverpool was in relegation zone after 20 games. Sad, sad times...

I just couldn't bear the pain that both of 2 clubs in England I actually like go down from Premiership in less than 10 years.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Give Hodgson 1 or 2 more chances and if nothing happens' date=' sack him.[/quote']

from what he's done so far he doesnt deserve any more chances, so so clear that most of the players arent bothered by him and his methods just wont work with this group of players (nando, agger, johnson for 3)

oh, and good to see that div redknapp still blaming rafa for this. tit

Aquilani is putting in a really good performance against Inter tonight. Putting his foot in' date=' spreading the ball, making himself available. He's playing alongside Melo in a "holding" role. Looks pretty Xabi-esque to be honest.[/quote']

Once he was getting some fitness and starting to play a cpl games I thought he looked good for us, good on the ball and was a threat up top I was totaly shocked when he was loaned out.

I still think he only needed fitness and match practice and he would have been a very good player for us.

Aqu out on loan for the season and Poulsen in for 5mil.......

Maxi - Gerrard - Meireles - Cole

-----------Aqu-------------

--------Torres-------------

That would have been a pretty good "football playing" midfield imo

The middle 3 should easily be able to switch about seems they can all play CM and AMC

I still think we badly miss having proper wingers mind, but that team above compared to..

Meireles (RDM) - Poulsen (DM)- Gerrard(DM) - Lucas(DM) - Cole (LDM)

from what he's done so far he doesnt deserve any more chances' date=' so so clear that most of the players arent bothered by him and his methods just wont work with this group of players (nando, agger, johnson for 3)

oh, and good to see that div redknapp [b']still[/b] blaming rafa for this. tit

I agree that he hasn't done anything good so far, but getting rid of him would cost quite a bit for 'Pool (considering their financial situation) and sometimes things do change for better if you give him a last shot put him under pressure. So far looks like he just isn't good enough, but getting rid of a manager is almost always a tough and expensive procedure, so I think 1-2 last games should be given.

I agree that he hasn't done anything good so far' date=' but getting rid of him would cost quite a bit for 'Pool (considering their financial situation) and sometimes things do change for better if you give him a last shot put him under pressure. So far looks like he just isn't good enough, but getting rid of a manager is almost always a tough and expensive procedure, so I think 1-2 last games should be given.[/quote']

this summer there was supposedly money to buy carlton cole and IMO it would be in our best interests to use that money to pay off hodgson, and i cant see how it could get a great deal worse tbh

and i definitely dont want him here when the next transfer window comes around

this summer there was supposedly money to buy carlton cole and IMO it would be in our best interests to use that money to pay off hodgson' date=' and i cant see how it could get a great deal worse tbh

and i definitely dont want him here when the next transfer window comes around[/quote']

Also if we are going to be put into administration, its better to make a move now, rather than wait for new owners and the ability to trade again the other side of administration

Both fair points' date=' but I don't think Liverpool are going into administration.[/quote']

dont think it'll be admin, more RBS repossessing the club and trying to sell it fairly sharpish

and the worrying thing is that the press have a disturbingly high influence on the board and that tit henry winter is saying today 'hodgson needs time and money', something which would be catastrophic for us (and henry, there are only a handful of players in the squad happy with hodgson, and they're all english

I'm applying for the Liverpool job.

Nobody should be able to get a team with our players and get them to play this poor.

Even if you just sent them out and told them to play where ever they liked and no instructions they couldn't do this bad.

Soon as I saw Roy was manager I feared the worst, even more when I saw Poulson. Said from the second he signed the guy was a zombie with no abillity whatsoever, he makes Degen look like a superstar.

Heads need to be knocked together!

Also, really hope Fairclough isn't as serious as is being made out on other forums.

Where all those people that said that Rafa was bad and should be replaced' date=' as he's not good enough now?

Shambles - complete shambles. Give Hodgson 1 or 2 more chances and if nothing happens, sack him. However, with such great owners who deemed that Benitez was doing a bad job with such a great squad and that Liverpool needed something new, you start to wonder whether they'd sack him even if Liverpool was in relegation zone after 20 games. Sad, sad times...

I just couldn't bear the pain that both of 2 clubs in England I actually like go down from Premiership in less than 10 years.[/quote']

Well I was saying he should have gone and in many ways I stick by that,tactically his always been top draw but his transfer record leaves a lot to be desired,they should do it like Inter were he just manages the side and doesn't bring in his own players,unfortunately this didn't happen and therefore I think the squad he built up during his time was quite poor with only Torres and Reina been fantastic signings,although I though Benitez needed to be replaced I felt that a top class coach was needed but Liverpool couldn't get that so if they stuck with Benitez is wrong and appointing Hodgson was wrong as well,Liverpool are a joke at the moment to be honest and I hope they sort it out.

Well home now after a very disappointing day, ive spent nigh on £300+quid to watch us at Birmingham and home to Blackpool...:o:o:o

Embaressing today it really was, first half as it has been all season was abject. not for one minute do i imagine Hodgson sends em saying start slowly etc I cant imagine that for a minute. He must be saying to them start fast etc but the players appeared totally complacent and they paid a big big price for it.

Hodgson des have a lot to answer for, i dont blame his line-up so much because i believe most liverpool fans would have played the same players today. It is not even so much the way they are set-up though have to concede playing Meireles wider makes no sense, he is a central player no ifs not buts he is a CM. It is just the lack of fight and passion the current crop are showing. Bar Gerrard who as usual ran his heart out it was nigh on a disgrace.

The players have to take an awful lot of responsibility. Hodgson is taking a lot of stick and rightly so in many facets but the players have to take just as much responsibility. They are not displaying any fight, any passion love for the team, the shirt, the fans. i can accept players playing badly what I cannot accept is players not giving 100% for the cause and to many of them are hiding presently. They do not have it in them to take on responsibility and thrive on the presure quite simply most of them are wilting.

Gerrard and Cole today were IMO the only two who displayed any kind of fight, desire. Cole is not playing well in recent weeks but at least he is putting in a shift, as to Gerrard who its easy to understand being disilusioned with the quality iof player he is yet he leads by example, he cant do it all by himself (same with Torres) other players have to step up.

at the ground today there was a general sese of gloom and doom even before Kick-Off. Everybody knows we are going though difficult times, struggling badly and this is easily transmitted as the tension and anxiety in the air was palpable, but these are well payed professional sportsman they should be able to handle pressure. Of course the off-field stuff is devestating but I am not sure if on match-days these protests are helpful, the atmosphere instantly becomes gloomy and this can transmit to the players.

Where i will criticise Roy is his inability to try and change the shape of a game, he does not use substitutions well (I mean what is the point of sticking Maxi on with a minute to go, i dont like Maxi but if you are going to introduce him you have to give a player 15-20mins to try and influence a game) and appears either incapable or to frightened to try and change things within a game when clearly it is not working and in many cases this season changes made have been to late.

Lets face it though this team suffers from the same problems it has for many years, in wide areas we are totally lacking. A complete lack of pace and mobility around the park and a woeful shortage of strikers that has long been a serious problem. David N'Gog is not good enough full stop but what other options do we have.....and that is the problem we have in our squad currently its easy to say change personnel but to what....stick the also woefully poor Babel/Jovanovic up top.....there is not much in terms of personnel we can change.

it should be clear to everybody Lucas-N'Gog-Babel-maxi-Jovanovic-Poulsen are all not up to the job. Skrtel, Agger, Torres, Johnson, Carragher aint been up to scratch this season thats a full team either not good enough or not playing well..... the only players who can hold there head up so far this season IMO is Gerrard and Pepe

The Liverpool fans are not stupid they know where we are currently as a club ad dont expect miracles but we do expect fight, desire, passion I cannot understand why all eason it takes us 45minutes or to go behind before we start tom play even a little bit. I have rarely seen an Anfield crowd so angry but lets give credit to Blackpool they are everybodys 2nd team this season and they played well. Having said that we should be taking care of sides like Blackpool with ease but it is a sign of the class and dignity that Liverpool fans posess that even on a dark day like this a large majority say 90% stayed and appaluded Ian Holloway and his team off the pitch. That is what sets Liverpool fans apart it was a magnificent gesture and another sign of why our fans are the greatest in the world.

I did say along with Johnny we may have to hit rock bottom before we start to go back the right way.....we must be at near Rock-bottom...but then every time i say that it gets worse....it is going to be a long haul to get this club back to former glories, the playing staff for one needs a complete overhaul, manager aint helping himself, the owners and the debacle there is long known.

It hurts....it hurts and i aint looking forward to going to work tomoorow thats for sure :o

I welcomed the appointment of Roy and thought that he might be that something different that we needed. I was all for giving him time until until today.

We were utterly pathetic today and looked like a team who'd just been promoted to the Premier League and decided to not reinforce their squad. Bar Gerrard and Cole, everyone was shocking. Whilst the players have to shoulder a large part of the blame it is also the managers role to motivate and inspire the players and that is simply not happening.

I don't see how anyone can want to give Roy a whole season when we are now in the relegation zone and looking like a newly promoted team. Its time to press the panic button and say add to the yanks out calls.

YANKS OUT! ROY OUT!

Hodgson des have a lot to answer for' date=' [b']i dont blame his line-up so much because i believe most liverpool fans would have played the same players today[/b]. It is not even so much the way they are set-up though have to concede playing Meireles wider makes no sense, he is a central player no ifs not buts he is a CM. It is just the lack of fight and passion the current crop are showing. Bar Gerrard who as usual ran his heart out it was nigh on a disgrace.

The players have to take an awful lot of responsibility. Hodgson is taking a lot of stick and rightly so in many facets but the players have to take just as much responsibility. They are not displaying any fight, any passion love for the team, the shirt, the fans. i can accept players playing badly what I cannot accept is players not giving 100% for the cause and to many of them are hiding presently. They do not have it in them to take on responsibility and thrive on the presure quite simply most of them are wilting.

Personally speaking I thought this game was crying out for a 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 (with our lack of full backs). We're basically looking toothless with an out-of-form misfiring Torres up front and it's clear to see that having N'Gog up front alongside him (regardless of what people feel about his level of ability) would take some of the burden off him (albeit not a great deal). What better opportunity would we have had to blood one of our promising youngsters at LB (Mavinga/Robinson) than a game against arguably one of the weakest sides in the league? Ok, perhaps Roy didn't want to risk a youngster, so why not play a 3-5-2 with a more attacking emphasis against a side which has already had two hammerings season? Instead we went for a tried and trusted 4-5-1 with a CB at LB, reluctant wingers and a front man again asked to furrow a lone path up front against the weakest defence in the league. Almost as if we were playing Barcelona or Chelsea trying to negate their attacking wide men and sitting back hoping to score on the counter :rolleyes:

Roy's not totally to blame I agree with that, but the vision of him sitting on the bench throughout the game as the game is passing us by is beginning to irk at alot of us fans. He just seems devoid of ideas and that is partially understandable as he is not blessed with an unlimited set of options on the bench. But to see him sitting on the bench with a forlorn look on his face for 90 minutes shows a distinct lack of passion. It's also mildly amusing (if I didn't laugh I would cry) that we got rid of the last manager because he was apparently "not a good man manager", "not motivational", "sat on the bench and didn't celebrate goals" and "had lost the dressing room" and yet here we are 7 games into the new premier league season and lo and behold, people are questioning the new manager in a similar fashion.

The common link is of course the players. Quite frankly the club is now infested with several players who are simply acting like spoilt brats. Nearly all of them think they should be first-teamers and most of them go into a sulk when they aren't playing. It only takes one bad apple to spoil a batch of fresh apples and unfortunately we have a few bad apples at the moment. This disease then spreads accross the whole squad. Confidence and morale are at an all time low in my 25+ years supporting the club. There seems to be no sense of cameraderie amongst the players. Worse of all as Ray and others have pointed out, there's absolutely no passion or pride in wearing the shirt. Never have I seen so many players allegedly making noises about leaving the club as I have in the last year. 5 years ago, players felt they had made it by joining a club like Liverpool and would be fighting tooth and nail and ensure they get to remain at such an illustrious club. No player would have been making noises about leaving. Worryingly, we've now almost gone full circle and players are regularly looking to escape and that never bodes well.

I can only hope that the Blackpool loss will sting some of the players into some action as it's absolutely shameful for a side who have so many established internationals to be performing so poorly. I honestly didn't think things could get much worse than last year, but at the moment we are the laughing stock of the football world. Embarassed is not a strong enough word to describe how I am feeling right now. If only some of the players could feel the same sense of embarassment and we might get somewhere. It's going to be a long hard season that's for sure :(

tomorrow night hodgson is putting maxi' date=' lucas, babel and aurelio in the reserves match

great man management there fella[/quote']

Iknow he aint done a lot right lately but you can hardly criticise him for that....

Aurelio has been injured needs games.......

Maxi, babel, Lucas aint featured much if at all lately and need to keep some level of match fitness....

I know it's hate on Hodgson time but he cant be criticised for that....these players need games to keep them match sharp. (though bar Aurelio who is given dispensation ashe has been injured....those players aint looked sharp or like they even know what to do with a football)

Iknow he aint done a lot right lately but you can hardly criticise him for that....

Aurelio has been injured needs games.......

Maxi' date=' babel, Lucas aint featured much if at all lately and need to keep some level of match fitness....

I know it's hate on Hodgson time but he cant be criticised for that....these players need games to keep them match sharp. (though bar Aurelio who is given dispensation ashe has been injured....those players aint looked sharp or like they even know what to do with a football)[/quote']

I kind of agree, although if it was me I would have used them in the Uefa cup the other night instead of Torres and co and kept them fresh for the Blackpool game.

All we should be going for this year is the EPL (as in finish as good as possible) and use the reserves for the other cups (maybe except the FA cup if we ever did pick up some good form I guess we could go for that)

Hving said that I think he planned on using most of them in the league cup, but we all know how they performed in that lol.

Babel should leave in the Jan window I think

I'm with Ray on this.

the players that arent playing in the 1st team need to play in the reserves, Rafa treated the reserve team like a under 21s and barely even developed any of the ones that were impressive into the first team. So in effect rendered the reserve team useless.

It's no good giving the reserves the odd cup match then complain when they are so sloppy and off pace, they need consistant gametime so that when we do need them they are 100%.

I'm with Ray on this.

the players that arent playing in the 1st team need to play in the reserves' date=' Rafa treated the reserve team like a under 21s and barely even developed any of the ones that were impressive into the first team. So in effect rendered the reserve team useless.

It's no good giving the reserves the odd cup match then complain when they are so sloppy and off pace, they need consistant gametime so that when we do need them they are 100%.[/quote']

I would put most in the reserve team and use some of the others in the main team like Pacheo and co.

They need a good kick up the ....

I would put most in the reserve team and use some of the others in the main team like Pacheo and co.

They need a good kick up the ....

Lets face it if those players we are talking about had been performing at any kinda adequote level they wouldnt have to even think about a reserve game

As it is they have all woefully underperformed for quite a long period of time and sooner we are shot of them the better, never have been up to standard and never will be.

Lets face it if those players we are talking about had been performing at any kinda adequote level they wouldnt have to even think about a reserve game

As it is they have all woefully underperformed for quite a long period of time and sooner we are shot of them the better' date=' never have been up to standard and never will be.[/quote']

Yeah, although most are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than they are currently showing.

What bugs me more than anything is no matter how bad your playing, no matter how bad things are currently the least any player could do is put a really good shift in on the pitch.

If I was playing for Liverpool I know for a fact every game I would run myself into the ground for the team, I know I might have bad gives were I give the ball away, tricks wouldnt come off, miss some chances etc etc but as long as I ran my socks off every game I know the crowd would never be against me and its the least the fans deserve from me.

Its about time some of these over paid morons grew a pair, got some pride and dignity and started doing the same.

If all our players at least put a shift in even if we played badly we would still win against most sides esp at home.

Yeah' date=' although most are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than they are currently showing.

What bugs me more than anything is no matter how bad your playing, no matter how bad things are currently the least any player could do is put a really good shift in on the pitch.

If I was playing for Liverpool I know for a fact every game I would run myself into the ground for the team, I know I might have bad gives were I give the ball away, tricks wouldnt come off, miss some chances etc etc but as long as I ran my socks off every game I know the crowd would never be against me and its the least the fans deserve from me.

Its about time some of these over paid morons grew a pair, got some pride and dignity and started doing the same.

If all our players at least put a shift in even if we played badly we would still win against most sides esp at home.[/quote']

Exactly what I said in the big post yesterday and in previous posts.

Maxi aint tried a leg all season, Babel cannot be bothered, Lucas is like a rabbit in the headlights.

Pepe has been good, gerrard tries his heart out, Cole and Carra whilst not playing well give everything but the rest...less I say the better....effort, determination, passion, pride in performance is not something you can associate with 80-90% of our squad

Got rid of a lot of dead wood in the summer but got soooooooooo much of it, the squad is woefully unequipped.