ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'll eat my words from earlier this season when I questioned whether Liverpool could finish within the top 4. I'd now be surprised if they were to not achieve that feat, especially with Europe out the way.

Coutinho has been outstanding, such a talented player.

Looks like Liverpool, United and Arsenal all have top 4 in their own hands....

Liverpool vs Manchester United 22nd March

Arsenal vs Liverpool 4th April

Manchester United vs Arsenal 16th May

Based on remaining games you'd say Arsenal and Liverpool are favourites for top 4 if those games end in draws.

All 3 are definite 6 pointers!

Well done to you use less lot, new you had it in you to beat them clowns. Now I'm worried :o looks like you lot really mean business. Still plenty of time to go but I'd definitely be looking over My shoulder to see how you lot are going from here on in.

Like Ben said, those fixtures coming up will be a good indiction of how we could all finish. ?

Hello. Not been here in a while but I think it might be safe to re-enter this thread now that "done a Spurs", "Suarez", "£100M" and "what is Rodgers doing?" don't seem to be appearing so often. I can understand rivals taking digs at us at the first possible moment but I was really disappointed with the short-sightedness of the Livepool fans. Not really referring to anyone particular here but there were plenty of people on Twitter who genuinely thought that Rodgers should be sacked which imo was insane. And so many of our signings where branded flops when really only Balotelli deserves that label (Lovren hasn't played enough, but yeah he's closer to a flop than anything else).

Since Rodgers has been here, we've only lost 4 games all together in the Jan-May periods. So, yeah, there's nothing that's going to stop us from steamrolling our way to top 4, probably 3rd place. I suggested a long time ago (from something I'd read elsewhere) that our conditioning program is set for us to be fitter than the other teams during the second half of the season. That theory didn't get a whole lot of support here but I think it's obvious to see now.

Blue line: Rodgers & Liverpool, Red line: Majority of premier league teams.

tumblr_my6vi31FWH1sf5t8bo1_500.png

We have averaged 2.6 points from our last 10 games (38x2.6=98.8) and that includes games against Man City, Spurs (H) and Soton (A). Like I said, nothing is going to stop us from getting CL football again for next season.

Obviously would love us to win the FA Cup, too. Would be a very big deal for Rodgers, Gerrard and a lot of the younger players. Not the mention the fans, of course.

Sky highlighting how good Coutinho was today.... how long till he moves on for £30m??? :(

£30M? lol

Hello. Not been here in a while but I think it might be safe to re-enter this thread now that "done a Spurs"' date=' "Suarez", "£100M" and "what is Rodgers doing?" don't seem to be appearing so often. I can understand rivals taking digs at us at the first possible moment but I was really disappointed with the short-sightedness of the Livepool fans. Not really referring to anyone particular here but there were plenty of people on Twitter who genuinely thought that Rodgers should be sacked which imo was insane. [b']And so many of our signings where branded flops when really only Balotelli deserves that label (Lovren hasn't played enough, but yeah he's closer to a flop than anything else).[/b]

Lovren has played more than Balotelli.

Lovren has played more than Balotelli.

He has. But imo there's a lot more hope for Lovren coming good whereas Balo has shown to be unsuitable for our style and probably any other style for that matter. It's not enough that he takes focus away from Sturridge and leaves him in space, he has to be able to score as well. Lovren has not yet had a run for us in the back three and when he did play, there was a lot of chopping and changing in the back line. He can still become a decent player for us.

Can't emphasise enough just how good we were yesterday, given the fact we got back at 6am on Friday and the quick turnaround against a much fresher side and the League Champions and to produce the level of performance and intensity (especially in the 2nd half) was a tremendous effort.

Great game to watch thought e first half was a pretty even affair, City had a bit more of the ball but we created more chances and in the second half I just thought we were superb we bossed City, totally ran the game we imposed ourselves on them and were deserved winners.

Three great goals TBF wonderful goals in there own right. I thought e front three of Sterling-Coutinho-Lallana were awesome in very different ways but one way they were in sync was the movement, pace and pressing was brilliant City could not handle them and watching Sterling bully Kompany time and time again was a joy to watch.

As magic as Coutinho was my MOTM though had to go to Joe Allen, without doubt the best game I have ever seen him play. He was simply brilliant always avaliable, kept it simple but effective, done all the defensive work moped things up and his passing yesterday was forward thinking, intelligent I thought he bossed midfield.

Great win keeps the pressure on those above us, all we can keep doing is putting the pressure on and when you consider the last five League Games were West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, Southampton and City to get 13 from 15 points avaliable in such a run flanked by numerous cup games is a great effort.

I would bench Markovic for this game and play either Can or Lallana at right wing back for Burnley. Not because I think Markovic was bad against City, it defiantly wasn't anywhere near his best but I think because the rest of the team was so good it made an average game seem like a poor one. We've all seen how good he actually can be, and I feel benching him for this might send him a message that he needs to work harder to find that bit extra that made him so good for a short period.

Although Sakho should be reintroduced to the team because he was very good before he got injured, I hope Lovren retains his place as well. We're never going to get anything back for that 20 million from him if he doesn't start performing, and to do that he needs to build his confidence. After bouncing back with a massive win against Man City in a game which he improved in as it went on after the penalty miss, if we ever want to see the Lovren of Southampton, he needs to build on this.

Sturridge should come back into the team, but not at the expense of Lallana, even if it means giving him a run at right wing back. He has the work ethic to put in a good shift there, and he very much merits another start after his game against Man City.

Big game tonight especially after Southampton picked up 3 points yesterday, anything but a win and all our hard work at the weekend is un-done.

Wary of Burnley because they are so unlike any of the other relegation threatened teams in that (especially against the bigger teams) show absolutely no fear whatsoever and will play their own way, hopefully Rodgers is wary of them fighting back especially after they've done it to City and Chelsea away.

Been some positive news from training that Flanagan has been given the all clear to return to full training, could be back in the next few weeks which is a great boost.

Big game tonight especially after Southampton picked up 3 points yesterday' date=' anything but a win and all our hard work at the weekend is un-done.

Wary of Burnley because they are so unlike any of the other relegation threatened teams in that (especially against the bigger teams) show absolutely no fear whatsoever and will play their own way, hopefully Rodgers is wary of them fighting back especially after they've done it to City and Chelsea away.

Been some positive news from training that Flanagan has been given the all clear to return to full training, could be back in the next few weeks which is a great boost.[/quote']

They were very lucky against Chelsea though,but I take your point,have a feeling Liverpool won't be on their game tonight,so it will require grinding it out! :)

A unique charity football match to benefit the people of Liverpool will take place at Anfield later this month, which will include two All-Star line-ups of some of Europe's elite players.

The event, which has been organised by Liverpool FC's official charity, the Liverpool FC Foundation, will bring together two teams that will be selected by Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as some of the most influential players they have played with or against.

Gerrard will take on the role of captain for one team, while Carragher will take on the same role for the other All-Star side. Managers and the final line-up of each All-Star team will be announced in the coming weeks.

Player recruitment is well underway, and players confirmed include Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, Thierry Henry, John Terry and Didier Drogba, to name a few.

Current Reds first-team players who are not on international duty will also play some part, as well as some of the Academy's brightest stars, plus the club's backroom staff will also be on hand to offer support.

Gerrard will leave Liverpool at the end of the season and this special match will give fans the opportunity to see him alongside some of their favourites - all to raise funds for the local community.

Tickets for this exciting event, which will take place on Sunday March 29, 2015, kick off 3pm, will be priced at £20 for adults, £5 for juniors* and £15 for over 65s. Disabled concessionary prices will also apply.

Proceeds raised will help to fund the Liverpool FC Foundation's community programmes, which benefit thousands of young people and adults throughout the city of Liverpool.

Funds will also support Alder Hey's new Hospital in the Park, as well as providing support packages to Claire House, Positive Futures, Centre 56 and Cash for Kids.

Tickets will initially be available to season ticket holders and LFC members from 1pm on Thursday March 5, with a general sale to follow at 8.15am on Wednesday March 11.

A unique charity football match to benefit the people of Liverpool will take place at Anfield later this month' date=' which will include two All-Star line-ups of some of Europe's elite players.

The event, which has been organised by Liverpool FC's official charity, the Liverpool FC Foundation, will bring together two teams that will be selected by Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as some of the most influential players they have played with or against.

Gerrard will take on the role of captain for one team, while Carragher will take on the same role for the other All-Star side. Managers and the final line-up of each All-Star team will be announced in the coming weeks.

Player recruitment is well underway, and players confirmed include Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, Thierry Henry, John Terry and Didier Drogba, to name a few.

Current Reds first-team players who are not on international duty will also play some part, as well as some of the Academy's brightest stars, plus the club's backroom staff will also be on hand to offer support.

Gerrard will leave Liverpool at the end of the season and this special match will give fans the opportunity to see him alongside some of their favourites - all to raise funds for the local community.

Tickets for this exciting event, which will take place on Sunday March 29, 2015, kick off 3pm, will be priced at £20 for adults, £5 for juniors* and £15 for over 65s. Disabled concessionary prices will also apply.

Proceeds raised will help to fund the Liverpool FC Foundation's community programmes, which benefit thousands of young people and adults throughout the city of Liverpool.

Funds will also support Alder Hey's new Hospital in the Park, as well as providing support packages to Claire House, Positive Futures, Centre 56 and Cash for Kids.

Tickets will initially be available to season ticket holders and LFC members from 1pm on Thursday March 5, with a general sale to follow at 8.15am on Wednesday March 11.[/quote']

Thank god you posted this was looking everywhere for the sale date, luckily still plenty left.

Trying to get tickets for the All Star game for me and one of my boys and having a mare.

Im a full member of Liverpoolfc.com and my lads have a mighty red and teen membership respectively but whilst I can have a ticket they aren't eligible??? WTH? never been an issue before and my mate and his son booked no problem. Box office is impossible naturally - anyone got any ideas?

Trying to get tickets for the All Star game for me and one of my boys and having a mare.

Im a full member of Liverpoolfc.com and my lads have a mighty red and teen membership respectively but whilst I can have a ticket they aren't eligible??? WTH? never been an issue before and my mate and his son booked no problem. Box office is impossible naturally - anyone got any ideas?

Email them or tweet them?

Email them or tweet them?

Better off ringing if you can ever get through at least you can talk to somebody that way.

Prob have to wait till Monday though if it's as per...

Seems strange what Ed is experiencing but I have never taken my daughter to a game and she ain't a member so no real experience in this area.

Tweeting them this exact quote might work.