Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Pathetic performance' date=' imagine if we could play an FA Cup game without having to play a replay. Replay is right before the biggest game of the season against United. Classic.[/quote']

Surely it's got to be after the United game. We've got Swansea on Monday and United on Sunday? When would we play the replay? Thursday?

Surely it's got to be after the United game. We've got Swansea on Monday and United on Sunday? When would we play the replay? Thursday?

Your not allowed apparently to play domestic games from the top flight on the same night as UEFA competitions which rules out that midweek you then have the International break and then you have another round of UEFA fixtures.

There is nowhere it can be played if you abide by those rules except bar maybe the Monday after playing Arsenal away on the Saturday that would be the 6th April.

The FA should just show some balls and play it midweek between the Arsenal and FA Cup semi final dates what are UEFA going to do seriously??!?

On the game itself firstly you have to give Blackburn great credit, they came set up well and threatened occasionally with the balls into Gestede who is just a giant and even though we finally ramped it up slightly after the break they more than merited a draw.

Just never got going thought Blackburn looked to nullify Coutinho and Lallana by basically man marking them and it took a lot away from our game so credit them for that we looked leggy and tired and just never really found that impetus to get going.

Glad to hear Skrtel is ok for me he is so important at the back and we don't look the same without him. A back three of Johnson, Toure, Lovren can't use the ball and composure goes out the window, not sure how fit Sakho is but couldn't understand Toure coming on in front of Sakho who is much better in the air and on the floor and him and Can's brilliant use of the ball from the back has been key in our revival lately IMO.

Nobody had a great game but credit Mignolet for one wonderful save and Sterling was perhaps our brightest player at both ends of the pitch.

Markovic appears to have gone back to pre Jan Markovic the past few weeks looks devoid of confidence, refuses to take responsibility and always looking to pass the buck.

Dissapointing display worst we have played in a long while but we are still in to fight another day and given we took six points in the PL this week it ain't all bad. Gunna be a difficult replay with them being very physical but if you wanna win trophies you have to come through moments of adversity.

Your not allowed apparently to play domestic games from the top flight on the same night as UEFA competitions which rules out that midweek you then have the International break and then you have another round of UEFA fixtures.

There is nowhere it can be played if you abide by those rules except bar maybe the Monday after playing Arsenal away on the Saturday that would be the 6th April.

The FA should just show some balls and play it midweek between the Arsenal and FA Cup semi final dates what are UEFA going to do seriously??!?

I'd heard the replays would be 7th and 8th April.

Is that a warrior kit still?

Well sorta. Warrior Football have produced our kits for the last 3 seasons, but now they've been re-branded as New Balance. New Balance is the parent company of Warrior and has now entered the football market so they've taken over Warrior Football. There's still Warrior Lacrosse and Warrior Ice Hockey though.

I know there's still a bit of wait to go, but I was having a look at the next round of Premier League fixtures and it is so important we get the three points. Arsenal play West Ham, Chelsea play Southamtpon and Man United play Tottenham. There's going to be points dropped by the teams around us this week, and although Swansea definitely won't be pushovers by anymeans, it is an absolute must to win considering we then play Manchester United and Arsenal.

Good to see Jerome's Sinclair get his loan move as he goes to team up Ojo at Wigan. Excellent chance for him to experience football at a reasonable level, a talented lad hopefully he gets the game time to impress.

Difficult game tonight, Swansea are a difficult side to predict, feel more nervous about this one than I do the United game TBH. Never won at the Liberty since they got into the PL but hopefully we can change that tonight.

Poor first half, not played with any real intensity or tempo and the pressing has not been up to standard so far, far to happy to stand off Swansea and let them play.

Swansea have controlled e half without (apart from a couple of late efforts notably sigurdsson) really looking like scoring.

I expect Brendon will lay down the law at half time, the positive is we ain't even started to play and we are still level with Swansea having basically one clear cut chance thus far.

I was nervous about this game for a reason, Swansea are good at monopolising the ball but I still think we have shown less than 10% thus far of what we are capable of, bit more intensity, tempo and can still see us troubling there back line.

Big win that, not a good performance and a very fortunate goal, think the switch to the diamond changed the game for us and Swansea just ran out of ideas. We definitely had the better of the game in the second half.

Stand out performers for me Mignolet kept us in the game first half, Allen again just fantastic at breaking up the opposition moves. Skrtels been fantastic recently as well, won every duel.

Sturridge looks a shadow of himself he's had plenty of games since his injury and just seems to be getting gradually worse, hopefully just a minor thing for now.

On to the biggest match of the season, form goes out the window.

I kept the faith, never in doubt :)

Massive win, fortuitous goal but we were much better second half and were on top of the game. It was not overall the greatest but the Liberty is a difficult place to go and we have come out with another massive three points and yet another clean sheet.

That's the thing we have been consistent at the back we don't need a flood of goals and with our quality in attack I always fancy us to get a goal.

That stage of the season, performance don't really matter it is the result and that was a fantastic result.