Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Gerrard cost us the game simple as' date=' don't understand why we can't replicate our second half effort in the first half.

Seasons probably over now can't see us taking anything from Arsenal. Just a hugely disappointing game.[/quote']

So Rodgers said something after the first half and changed the dynamic of your team. So basically all he has to do is sort that out before the next game and you'll just casually strut around winning game after game? Or is it just one of those things that happens in probably thousands of football matches each weekend, teams put in different performances in different halves of a football game. I'll put my money on it just being one of those things / Adam 25 millions notes Lallana.

Just have to focus on winning the FA Cup now and taking the league game by game. Everyone has Arsenal to finish top 4 without a doubt, but if we were to beat them all of a sudden we're just 3 points off the top 4 again. Season not over yet.

International break a good chance for Rodgers to sit down and have a good hard look at our drop in performance against Blackburn, Swansea and United.

Get ready for complete meltdown.....

Rodgers out...

Gerrard should be imprisoned....

The side sucks....

Mario needs serious mental health examination....

Life is over....

Give some more detailed thoughts in a bit, Il walk the dog I'm sure that will be less painful than what is about to happen...

Credit to United they were excellent first half and over the piece probably merited the three points, circumstances always arise that leave us thinking what if??

However What If is an irrelevence really.

Get ready for complete meltdown.....

Rodgers out...

Gerrard should be imprisoned....

The side sucks....

Mario needs serious mental health examination....

Life is over....

Give some more detailed thoughts in a bit' date=' Il walk the dog I'm sure that will be less painful than what is about to happen...

Credit to United they were excellent first half and over the piece probably merited the three points, circumstances always arise that leave us thinking what if??

However What If is an irrelevence really.[/quote']

Thought Rodgers deserved credit with the switch to a back four clearly benefitting the team and the way he kept things together after Gerrard was sent off, if anything.

So Rodgers said something after the first half and changed the dynamic of your team. So basically all he has to do is sort that out before the next game and you'll just casually strut around winning game after game? Or is it just one of those things that happens in probably thousands of football matches each weekend' date=' teams put in different performances in different halves of a football game. I'll put my money on it just being one of those things / Adam 25 millions notes Lallana.[/quote']

Its not just the tactics it's the lack of effort from each player. Happened against Swansea and Southampton we've been saved by luck and sheer magic, but this start to the game was pathetic the players largely didn't care absolutely no effort from them, happened at Blackburn as well, players are either fatigued but that doesn't get backed up that we always finish stronger.

This is why fans should not slag other players at other clubs for incidents..

Fans should criticise other players for doing stupid things like this. You'll find the majority wont defend actions like this from their own players.

Gerrard says "I was wrong. I let my team and the fans down."

Fans should criticise other players for doing stupid things like this. You'll find the majority wont defend actions like this from their own players.

Gerrard says "I was wrong. I let my team and the fans down."

no surprise to see SKY all sympathetic towards Gerrard :rolleyes:

That's a quote from the 27th of April 2014 mate. Not from today.

He literally said that during the post-match interview. Basically word-for-word. Was apologetic, took responsibility. Did something stupid and apologised for it, pretty much what anyone else would've done.

After the sending off he switched to a 4-3-2 which worked wonders so why not play either a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-3-1-2?

The latter would certainly work allowing Sterling and Coutinho to interchange playing alongside Sturridge whilst giving the other the freedom to roam.

Another game of two half's and for top 4 aspirations they need to get back to that level of pressure and consistency shown prior to the Blackburn game.

Playing the way they do at present in a 3-4-3 really requires a very high tempo and work rate which will certainly attribute to fatigue when chasing a game like they did first half today and Swansea last week.

The way it was built up today was a "must win game" it was never a must win game but it was a "must not lose" and sadly we have.

Have to be honest United were well on top first half and really found pockets of space to play that we had not seen in previous opposition, they were simply much better with the ball and dominated it for the most part.

We will get the usual they were not trying etc etc but I don't accept that all the players were trying we just got outplayed first half And sometimes you have to hold your hands up.

We gave it a good go second half and put United under pressure without ever really creating that much but given the circumstances we performed relatively well in the second half.

No arguments with the sending off he had to go. I understand he was pumped up but there are ways and means to use that aggression, passion and sadly it manifested in the wrong way. He has let us down today but Stevie will man up and accept responsibility. He let us down but I find it hard to really criticise him he let us down today, but compare that to the number of moments and trophies he has almost single handedly won this club.

Thought Phil Jones should have been off as well, which may well have changed the game but we didn't get the decision but by and large you can't argue with the result.

Think Top four is going to be near on impossible with Arsenal away next the likelihood is the gap will be increased to maybe 7/8 points with Villa at home for United and it is to big a gap even if United have some difficult fixtures, they ain't gunna drop that many points.

Incredibly Dissapointing but to even be in the race given he start to the season we had was a minor miracle. We have had a great run and the team did not perform today but lets remember how many points we have gathered this Calender year.

Always hurts to lose to United, All you can do is regroup and hopefully come back with a decent end to the season.

Just got the opportunity to watch the match (without knowing the result ofc).

Disappointing first half, it is the same with the last couple of match really, late bloomer. Can't understand what happened there given the display in second half even after the red card. Our players seems to be off right from the start.

Poor performance by some player Gerrard, Moreno, Can and Sterling in particular.

Agreed with Ray assessment on Gerrard - a wrong way to channeled the passion and aggression, not only he letting the manager, teammates and fans in what he did yesterday, he also letting himself down big time as this is his last involvement in this derby fixture.

Moreno need to working hard on his defensive positioning as he was caught many time yesterday, it's been like this for a few times this season and hugely thanks to his pace he can recovered back and bailed him out of his trouble. Perhaps he will learn from this and working on his starting position rather than depend on his pace.

Can was nervy yesterday and going up against one of the big brute player in Fellaini didn't help either. Certainly not his finest hour, although he did some good work to contain Fellaini sometimes.

Sterling was a total nonexistence in first half, although to his defense being RWB is not really suited him well and alienated him much - but for a guy that try to hold club a ransom, he should at least put all his best playing in that position, which he didn't yesterday; halfhearted performance at best. Least he could do is being professional and proved to the management he deserved to get what he asking for.

Just a few things on top of my head; Gerrard's was a deserved red, Jones should be off, Skrtel should get suspension (although I doubt it, as the ref saw the incident) - but it quite hilarious to watch De Gea rolling on floor, stand up, try to provoke Skrtel and back on rolling on the floor, good stuff. And what was that from Di Maria, trying to play a wide receiver or something, it would be funny if he get yellow for that tho. And Mario is being Mario still hotheaded (but less now) and kudos to the fans that hold on him from confronting United players.

Now, lets just concentrate on Arsenal and FA Cup, still plenty to play for.

Good grief this week gets worse and worse...

Defeat To United....

Gerrard and Skrtel suspended (rightly) for three games...

Lallana Crocked

Sturridge facing another month out...

Some massive blows there going forward, all seems to be happening at just the wrong time and particuarly in forward areas you do worry where the goals are going to come from....

Defeat To United....

Lallana Crocked

Some massive blows there going forward' date=' all seems to be happening at just the wrong time and particuarly in forward areas you do worry where the goals are going to come from....[/quote']

Come on man, you've got Super Mario, what else do you want? Luigi? :D

Defeat To United....

Lallana Crocked

Some massive blows there going forward' date=' all seems to be happening at just the wrong time and particuarly in forward areas you do worry where the goals are going to come from....[/quote']

Sturridge on current form isn't much of a loss as Sterling and to an extent Balo were doing a better job (Sterling especially at stretching the defence). May as well give the guy the season off it's clearly a write off for him.

Again Gerrard isn't much of a loss either we were doing a lot better without him in the squad and now Lucas is back as well.

Skrtel is a massive loss and now a big chance for either Kolo or Lovren to step up, hopefully Sakho keeps fit because if we lose them two together our defence could crumble.

The defeat to United has basically ended our hopes of Top 4, may as well concentrate on getting to the FA Cup final and at least getting some silverware and a Wembley trip to send Gerrard off and put a stamp on a very poor season.

Hopefully Coutinho has a few of those wonder goals up his sleeve still as i'm very worried we'll score next to no goals for the remainder of the season.

This whole season has been a big sign that we need to invest in a striker who will actually fit our style of play, i'm a fan of Balo but lets face it the guy needs players around him to do the work he isn't going to be pressing or stretching defences. Sturridges injury woes are just awful especially after the season we had, no Champions League will make it a bit more difficult to get a good striker in so we'll have to be wise in that area.

One thing i'd aim for in particular is keeping these clean sheets up, if Mignolet can finish with the Golden Gloves after the season he's had it could be a massive boost for him here.