Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

He should have saved the second and the third they were right at him' date=' you can't concede a free kick in the side of the net you're stood at.[/quote']

They were just superbly executed shots. I would not blame any keeper in the world for conceding those. Genuinely great goals

Mignolet not at fault for any of the goals so not sure how he's useless. He's been your best player as I struggle to think of anyone else who's done half decent in that half

how on earth are you safeguarding one side of the goal with the wall and moving to the same side?

He should have saved the second and the third they were right at him' date=' you can't concede a free kick in the side of the net you're stood at.[/quote']

TBF I agree with this analysis of the free kick, no keeper should be beaten his side it was not that perfect a free kick either, he started moving to the other side and couldn't shift his weight back quick enough.

Good to see Mr Taylor be consistent' date=' Can off.

I mean how does Bellerin stay on the pitch and not get a second yellow for the penalty as blatant a yellow as you wish to see...

never rains but it pours....:)[/quote']

Don't know what you were expecting, Raymondo. Taylor is a complete ball bag.

Strange words from Rodgers. Apparently the goals you conceded were bad goals. I might understand the opener to an extent but the rest were crackers.

To an extent 1, 2 and 3 were preventable.

More so dreadful defending just let Bellerin run in, Sakhos poor attempt at a tackle conceded a free kick that Mignolet should have saved on his covered side and the Sanchez one while a spectacular hit was right down Mignolets throat.

The goals were finished emphatically though every time, think it's more the build up that was poor.

Thing is' date=' one can say that about almost every goal that goes in, anywhere. He should just admit his team was well beaten.[/quote']

I don't really like the way he handles the media, he talks utter tripe most of the time, he tries to find positives in everything when at times he needs to call out the players especially after today the players should be made accountable it was laughable.

While I like Rodgers in general I can't stand his conferences. We were well beaten today and he should have admitted it.

I don't really like the way he handles the media' date=' he talks utter tripe most of the time, he tries to find positives in everything when at times he needs to call out the players especially after today the players should be made accountable it was laughable.

While I like Rodgers in general I can't stand his conferences. We were well beaten today and he should have admitted it.[/quote']

It's the unfortunate consequence of being a relatively young manager.

If he admits defeat, or in this case an absolute slaughtering, the media will label him as 'defeatist' and 'lacking ambition'. That isn't the case for more experienced managers à la LvG and Moaninho.

If he does not, the media will label him ambitious, but deluded.

Going by that, the second option will always be the more viable one.

It's the unfortunate consequence of being a relatively young manager.

If he admits defeat' date=' or in this case an absolute slaughtering, the media will label him as 'defeatist' and 'lacking ambition'. That isn't the case for more experienced managers à la LvG and Moaninho.

If he does not, the media will label him ambitious, but deluded.

Going by that, the second option will always be the more viable one.[/quote']

Think Rodgers handles himself very well in the media. He talks about the positives to keep the media away from tearing his players apart. Very smart move and something he would've learned off Mourinho who also does it quite well (just in a different way).

I think 3-4-3 can't be our number one formation for much longer. Said it a while back but everyone seemed to think it was the system for the future.

While it will be very beneficial being able to utilise it when needed, it has very exposable flaws which both United and Arsenal have benefitted from. Even Swansea might've walked away with 3 points had they been more clinical.

When the opposition presses as a unit and is well organised its extremely difficult to play out from the back. This is exactly what happened in the first half for each of our last three games. Kolo couldn't make a forward pass if his life depended on it because his options were extremely limited. Even Sakho was caught in possesion at least once and had to be very careful just to find the next closest player, the wingback. The wingbacks are stifled greatly by the systems Swansea, United and Arsenal deployed because they are the only player on the flank. Moreno has gotten a lot of stick lately and while his peformance level has not been very high it is largely down to the oppositions tactics making it impossible for him to play. As soon as he gets the ball on the wing he can't go forward because he finds a man directly in front of him, and often the paths into the middle and back to Sakho are cut out by another pressing player. In each game we've benefitted in a way (to which the extent has varied) by switching to a back four at half time.

The striker is way too isolated. Sturridge too has been critiscised since coming back but he simply does not work in this formation. He is far too isolated and has very rarely found himself presented with a clear cut chance. When he has however, he has been very prolific. Rodgers needs to restructure the side to maximise the amount of chances that come Sturridge's way because he's the chance we have to score.

Lucas and Allen were both woeful but again the formation meant Arsenal's pressing hurt them even more.

Despite getting sent off thought Can was one of our best. One of the very few that actually came close to making anything happen. Stupid red was down to letting his frustration get the better of him.

As for Mignolet, just about the only player other than Sakho that can really hold his head up high. Conceded 4 goals, that were all top strikes, and down to very bad defending. Made some quality stops at 0-0 and I think 3-0, and I just hope that his confidence is still intact because without it he is a different player.

Very hard to watch last night but hey, still 7 games to go. United could very loose their next two against City and Chelsea and all of a sudden we could be just 2 points behind them again. Having said that I think they'll beat City:o Still a chance to salvage a bit of pride from this season with the FA Cup, and in winning that exact some revenge on these nasty gooners.

Think Rodgers handles himself very well in the media. He talks about the positives to keep the media away from tearing his players apart. Very smart move and something he would've learned off Mourinho who also does it quite well (just in a different way).

Talking about positives stops the media from ripping into the players? I can just see it now, Rodgers being interviewed, saying the lads did well despite getting hammered and the media going the next day "Arsenal struggle in victory against superior Liverpool side". Nah, chances are they watched the game and will happily rip into whoever they choose whenever they choose.

Liverpool were terrible yesterday and deserve to be ripped into by him and the media. Not get a pat on the back and told it's fine.

Talking about positives stops the media from ripping into the players? I can just see it now' date=' Rodgers being interviewed, saying the lads did well despite getting hammered and the media going the next day "Arsenal struggle in victory against superior Liverpool side". Nah, chances are they watched the game and will happily rip into whoever they choose whenever they choose.

Liverpool were terrible yesterday and deserve to be ripped into by him and the media. Not get a pat on the back and told it's fine.[/quote']

902.gif

Yeah well thought out reply that. Really enjoy your reasoning. Top of the class sweetheart.

I do not provide you with reasoning because you don't understand it lol.

As you can see Rodgers has just come out with an interview having a go at Sterling's "advisers", not Sterling or anyone else in the team. I'm not going to explain what that means because I don't see the point in wasting my time.