Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Tidy win and well worth the points bar a five minute spell at the end of the first half and the first ten minutes of the second we were far and away the better side and could and perhaps should have won by more.

Lucky with the penalty incident but I don't think it would have changed the outcome would still have won the game IMO.

Sissoko's challenge was awful he done the same thing in the first match against us this season but at least today he got his rightful red.

Coutinho MOTM by a long way some of his flicks and tricks were magical, Hendo a close second some of his delivery was magnificent.

Another clean sheet as well despite the best efforts of Lovren on occasions with a couple of poor moments, he is really frustrating most of the game he is excellent but he always throws in a mistake or a rash challenge.

John Glenson was awful, he was decent at Blackburn but tonight was a game to forget for John Glenson.

What a fantastic response from the Liverpool fans for Jonas' date=' quite simply class from the Anfield faithful.

Edit: 2-0 was always a matter of time.[/font']

Thanks for recognising that, our fans have always been class in recognising somebody's human achievements and we are one of the very few teams in the country that will applaud an opposition side off or an opposing player, forget the tribalism in football we will always applaud and recognise genius like when we clapped Ronaldo off this season or Human endeavour in the case of Jonas...

Thanks for recognising that' date=' our fans have always been class in recognising somebody's human achievements and we are one of the very few teams in the country that will applaud an opposition side off or an opposing player, forget the tribalism in football we will always applaud and recognise genius like when we clapped Ronaldo off this season or Human endeavour in the case of Jonas...[/quote']

I was at the City v Liverpool game after George Best died. Your fantastic away fans jeered all the way through the minute of silence.

Not saying that's always the case, but I certainly wouldn't put Liverpool's fans on any kind of pedestal as you have there.

I was at the City v Liverpool game after George Best died. Your fantastic away fans jeered all the way through the minute of silence.

Not saying that's always the case' date=' but I certainly wouldn't put Liverpool's fans on any kind of pedestal as you have there.[/quote']

Not a pedestal it is just an observation

Of course City fans are nigh on perfect.....

There are always idiots at every club who do wrong but by a long way the crowd at Anfield has always had a touch of class particularly with the kind of events I highlighted and recognition of achievement by opposition players and teams for example...that shows a touch of class in my eyes...

Congrats on your cheap point scoring exercise though...

There are always idiots at every club who do wrong but by a long way the crowd at Anfield has always had a touch of class particularly with the kind of events I highlighted and recognition of achievement by opposition players and teams for example...that shows a touch of class in my eyes...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3037658/Manchester-City-fans-taunt-United-rivals-sick-song-Munich.html#v-4170901284001

Oh dear...

Liverpool fans blowing their own trumpet.....again. Never fails to amuse me.

I'm sure Alan Smith must have appreciated being booed out of Anfield after breaking his leg. That was real classy....proper dipper behavior that!

Liverpool have as many idiots and morons in their fan base as any other club.

Oh dear...

I'm sure Alan Smith must have appreciated being booed out of Anfield after breaking his leg. That was real classy....proper scouse behavior that!

Err can you not group us all together like that.

Unfortunately I personally have witnessed several occasions including the leg break where this really isn't the case and the bit in bold is putting yourselves on a pedestal that you really don't deserve. I'm not criticising the club saying its a bad club for that but it is not better than any other club and has had several moments where it has completely lacked class, backing Suarez for instance...

No club is perfect and no set of fans are really much better than any others, although I can't personally recall any United games I've been to where the fans have been disrespectful, other than the usual verbals from idiots with too much drink and not enough brain cells.

While I don't doubt Ray that you yourself would conduct yourself well on match day I do have to point out that the whole club isn't always as nice as your good self, just in the same way I can't claim United are always classy, even though I haven't ever personally encountered something sour at Old Trafford.

Oh dear...

I'm sure Alan Smith must have appreciated being booed out of Anfield after breaking his leg. That was real classy....proper dipper behavior that!

Not blowing our trumpet at all It was Matt an opposition fan who initially mentioned the touch of class,

Not half as amusing as the fact that United fans seem to think that we either care what you think or take you seriously as without doubt the most hypocritical, arrogant bunch the world have ever seen (of course your fans have never booed anybody with a broken leg Alf Inge Haaland Na never happened :rolleyes:)

My point was not at that kinda behavouir as I stated BEFORE every fan base has there share of idiots be it disgusting chanting etc etc none of that is defensible.

My point was in terms of recognising when a team or player has played well at Anfield the crowd are very knowledgeable and often clap opposition teams, players off the pitch even in the most trying if circumstances...

Take this season Ronaldo an ex Man United Legend destroys us at Anfield with a mesmeric performance what do the fans do even if it was difficult to take they give him a standing ovation, do I think United fans would do the same thing if an Ex Liverpool legend went to OT and destroyed them.....Na wouldn't happen.

happened with many players and teams down the years I remember staying behind to give Barnsley, Valencia etc etc.

Plus with regards to my Human endeavour point I was merely stating in recognising somebody who has come through trauma and come out the other side as per Jonas last night.

Instead you all seem to try and use it as an excuse for your cheap "point scoring" exercise and have a little dig.

Never said our fans were any better than anybody else's (although they are in a lot of cases :)) just in certain regards the likes of which I discussed above the Anfield crowd has always been very good.

Not blowing our trumpet at all It was Matt an opposition fan who initially mentioned the touch of class' date='

Not half as amusing as the fact that United fans seem to think that we either care what you think or take you seriously as without doubt the most hypocritical, arrogant bunch the world have ever seen (of course your fans have never booed a[b']nybody with a broken leg Alf Inge Haaland Na never happened :rolleyes:)[/b]

My point was not at that kinda behavouir as I stated BEFORE every fan base has there share of idiots be it disgusting chanting etc etc none of that is defensible.

My point was in terms of recognising when a team or player has played well at Anfield the crowd are very knowledgeable and often clap opposition teams, players off the pitch even in the most trying if circumstances...

Take this season Ronaldo an ex Man United Legend destroys us at Anfield with a mesmeric performance what do the fans do even if it was difficult to take they give him a standing ovation, do I think United fans would do the same thing if an Ex Liverpool legend went to OT and destroyed them.....Na wouldn't happen.

happened with many players and teams down the years I remember staying behind to give Barnsley, Valencia etc etc.

Plus with regards to my Human endeavour point I was merely stating in recognising somebody who has come through trauma and come out the other side as per Jonas last night.

Instead you all seem to try and use it as an excuse for your cheap "point scoring" exercise and have a little dig.

Never said our fans were any better than anybody else's (although they are in a lot of cases :)) just in certain regards the likes of which I discussed above the Anfield crowd has always been very good.

You do know that Haland didn't break anything after that Keane tackle? And he actually finished the match?

People booed him because when Keane tore his cruciate Haland laughed in his face and accused him of play acting. What Keane did wasn't right, in tackling him in that match, but Haland was no saint so don't paint him as an innocent victim. If you were on the floor having torn a ligament and a fellow professional laughs at you I doubt you'd be too happy either.

United fans always applaud good play from opposition, I do it all the time, most of the crowd does it when someone comes to OT and tears us a new one we appreciate class. The only difference is that I guess Liverpool get torn apart more often so might be better known for responding to it ;)

The problem is also that who do Liverpool have as a 'legend' that you would say is good enough to warrant that recognition? There's never been an instance where that has happened. So you're right, it would probably never happen but only because Liverpool haven't produced any legends for a while except Stevie G who hasn't ever left.

Also your final point is hypocritical, you say you've never said it and then go on to say that you think they are better. This is where the pedestal thing is coming from.

I like you Ray and you are a Liverpool fan, but your clubs fans aren't better than anyone else, even if you believe it.

You do know that Haland didn't break anything after that Keane tackle? And he actually finished the match?

People booed him because when Keane tore his cruciate Haland laughed in his face and accused him of play acting. What Keane did wasn't right' date=' in tackling him in that match, but Haland was no saint so don't paint him as an innocent victim. If you were on the floor having torn a ligament and a fellow professional laughs at you I doubt you'd be too happy either.

United fans always applaud good play from opposition, I do it all the time, most of the crowd does it when someone comes to OT and tears us a new one we appreciate class. The only difference is that I guess Liverpool get torn apart more often so might be better known for responding to it ;)

The problem is also that who do Liverpool have as a 'legend' that you would say is good enough to warrant that recognition? There's never been an instance where that has happened. So you're right, it would probably never happen but only because Liverpool haven't produced any legends for a while except Stevie G who hasn't ever left.

Also your final point is hypocritical, you say you've never said it and then go on to say that you think they are better. This is where the pedestal thing is coming from.

I like you Ray and you are a Liverpool fan, but your clubs fans aren't better than anyone else, even if you believe it.[/quote']

Being laughed at or have someone physically attack to try ruin your career not much of a comparison is there...

Where I will credit United fans is nobody can surpass therm on the levels of arrogance which marks United apart from any other side so congrats to the United fans on continuing on there magnificent traditional values...:)

Put it this way if Suarez comes back next season to OT and destroys you with a world class display think United fans wil be applauding him off for recognising his brilliance on the pitch, like we did with Ronaldo....(despite the fact we hate him)

My last point had a smilie I thought you would recognise it was slightly tongue in cheek I ain't saying we are better than everybody just better than United :)

Anyway you have made me deviate from my original point which has led to a *** for tat point scoring exercise which was not the point in my original post so I am just going to leave it there.....

Liverpool and Man United fans arguing about levels of arrogance is akin to two page three lasses arguing about who has better lady bumps.

The two teams are the two most successful English football teams over the last 30 / 40 years - simple as. This means both have fans that have "earnt" their arrogance and feeling of superiority due to unprecendented success for a sustained period.

Regardless of anyone agreeing or disagreeing with that is irrelevant - but trying to argue that one set of fans is better or worse than another set of fans is as ridiculous as it is pointless.

The Anfield faithful were fantastic last night, Jonas himself has tweeted as much today. They were as any group of fans should be and most are. many, many folk talk about the unique atmosphere inside Anfield, huge numbers of ex players talk about the fan base in glowing and romantic terms and it is widely acknowledged that Anfield attracts a vociferous, enthusiastic crowd The Kop is amongst the most famous stands in world football due to its history as not only the largest single capacity stand in football but the level of support it harnesses, the humour displayed from the fans therein and the knowledge, history and generational background of those fans as true football people.

That is not to compare it to ANY other club, set of fans, stand or stadia as to do so is futile. Each and every ground has its own story as does every set of fans - there is good and bad everywhere.

But I'm genuinely proud of my club and the way the majority display that same said sense of belonging and tribal commitment to it.

If you and your lot - whomever they are - feel the same about your own then good on ya.

Why not head over to your clubs thread and save us the lecture on ours.

You started the point scoring with the phrase 'we are one of the very few teams in the country that will applaud an opposition side off or an opposing player'.

Liverpool, in my experience, are no better than any other club. Every side has fans that are knobs and every side has fans that appreciate good football regardless of who is producing it.

Not half as amusing as the fact that United fans seem to think that we either care what you think or take you seriously as without doubt the most hypocritical' date=' arrogant bunch the world have ever seen (of course your fans have never booed anybody with a broken leg Alf Inge Haaland Na never happened :rolleyes:)[/quote']

That would be a very good point if I had ever claimed United fans are the bastion of excellent behaviour which of course I never did. That's pretty much the difference between the clubs. United fans and ex-players don't go around calling themselves the best and the most knowledgeable whereas as every no mark past it scouser continues to bleat on about it.

And that's exclusive to the holy club of Liverpool? Give me a break. Even the fans at Madrid are capable of that. Fat Ronaldo got applauded of the park at OT despite knocking us out. Probably happened with loads of of other clubs as well. Don't see fans of those clubs claiming intellectual superiority now do I?

Every single club has done it. Coincidentally, he made his return against United and they showed the entire stadium including the United away end applauding him on the pitch.

I bet Patrice Evra was thrilled at being booed because he had the audacity to be racially abused by one of your players. How dare he?!?

Not really point scoring. I can admit United fans have behaved poorly in many instances. So have Liverpool fans and fans of every other club in the world.

You did. Right in the very post.

Put it this way if Suarez comes back next season to OT and destroys you with a world class display think United fans wil be applauding him off for recognising his brilliance on the pitch' date=' like we did with Ronaldo....(despite the fact we hate him) [/quote']

That might have something to do with the fact that he racially abused a club legend and still hasn't apologised or even acknowledged his guilt. Just a hunch...

That would be a very good point if I had ever claimed United fans are the bastion of excellent behaviour which of course I never did. That's pretty much the difference between the clubs. United fans and ex-players don't go around calling themselves the best and the most knowledgeable whereas as every no mark past it scouser continues to bleat on about it.

bah hah hah United fans don't go around calling themselves the best' date=' most Hillarious thing I have ever read the arrogance amongst some of your fan base is beyond comprehension. I presume you read your own thread just take a sample of the posters in there.

There are some very good posters in there but there are a lot of arrogant people who do nothing but spout on about how brilliant United are even when there is no basis it don't matter[/b']

And that's exclusive to the holy club of Liverpool? Give me a break. Even the fans at Madrid are capable of that. Fat Ronaldo got applauded of the park at OT despite knocking us out. Probably happened with loads of of other clubs as well. Don't see fans of those clubs claiming intellectual superiority now do I?

Where did I mention Intellectual superiority please stop making things up it ain't really a good way to debate things. Can't say I have ever witnessed a game bar the Ronaldo one you mention when United have applauded a side off and United are on TV all the time

Every single club has done it. Coincidentally, he made his return against United and they showed the entire stadium including the United away end applauding him on the pitch.

I never said you didn't I just said Anfield has been good at touches like that

I bet Patrice Evra was thrilled at being booed because he had the audacity to be racially abused by one of your players. How dare he?!?

Ah here they go with the point scoring again,

Not really point scoring. I can admit United fans have behaved poorly in many instances. So have Liverpool fans and fans of every other club in the world.

Already acknowledged that in my first post in response to Stu where I said every fan base has it's share of idiots

You did. Right in the very post.

No I didn't I said Anfield was one of the few grounds where players and opposition get regularly clapped off, again please stop making things up it don't bode well. It said after that in a friendly, playful way in my response to Ben we were better I thought the smilie would make it clear it was said in good heart

That might have something to do with the fact that he racially abused a club legend and still hasn't apologised or even acknowledged his guilt. Just a hunch...

I was talking about a general football performance don't have to be Suarez be it Alonso or whoever

In other more relevant news :)

Mario Balotelli is wanted by Sampdoria who have confirmed they are interested in looking at a way they could sign the player....

Fingers crossed ;)

A parting of the ways is inevitable and the best solution for both parties, it was a risk taken by the club (I honestly think Brendan never wanted him) and it has not worked out. Said when we bought him it was never a signing I would advocate because he is a law unto himself and more importantly he just ain't that good.

Mind you I thought Lovren might be decent :o

With regards Mario Cash in get back what you can and move on.....