Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I really rate Sterling very very highly and I may get slated but I can see him in the contention for the Ballon d'or when the era of Ronaldo and Messi ends. He still has a long way to go of course but he has the ability.

He is going to be a world beater IMO.

I really rate Sterling very very highly and I may get slated but I can see him in the contention for the Ballon d'or when the era of Ronaldo and Messi ends. He still has a long way to go of course but he has the ability.

He is going to be a world beater IMO.

you cant be serious, sterling is good but not world class is not even close to consider him contention for ballon D'or and for 100k a week and he reject it wow. when messi and ronaldo era end it will be hazard, Neymar and probably Bale

you cant be serious' date=' sterling is good but not world class is not even close. when messi and ronaldo era end it will be hazard, Neymar and probably Bale[/quote']

He's 19,how can you predict him he'll not be world class? He isn't world class atm,but to rule out the possibility of him to keep improving when he's still very young is very naive.

Also look at his technique for his missed opportunities.

As a proper football fans, I rather focused on his brilliance than his usual rubbish. :P

Hazard, Muller and Neymar would be all over Ballon d'Or before Sterling after Ronaldo and Messi era, but it's not like Messi is 30 or something right now.

He's 19' date='how can you predict him he'll not be world class? He isn't world class atm,but to rule out the possibility of him to keep improving when he's still very young is very naive.[/quote']

true you can't predict and l agree he can be world class but my reply was based on the fact he may be consider in for ballon d'or but for me english players are overrated by the media

First and foremost' date=' Bale is massively overrated and will never come close to winning that award.

Hazard and Neymar I agree but its my opinion after all, you do rate certain players, Sterling is one of them for me.[/quote']

Bale is not overrated he prove himself in England he done the same in Spain maybe the the price madrid paid for him is a bit high but imaging what it will cost for madrid when the finally want to replace ronaldo for hazard in the future as an example

World class Sterling? He doesn't even kick a ball properly atm. Big potential but no more than that yet. People bigging him up so much is why he thinks hes worth 150k a week. Scored a cracking goal against Newcastle but lets be honest he could and should have done more. Same old story with him reminds me a lot of a young Theo. If he's smart which hes yet to show he is he can go on to be a top player but he doesnt have the technical ability to ever be considered with the very best IMO.

Bale is not overrated he prove himself in England he done the same in Spain maybe the the price madrid paid for him is a bit high but imaging what it will cost for madrid when the finally want to replace ronaldo for hazard in the future as an example

If you pay too much for someone, you overrate them. It's that simple.

Therefore, as good as Bale is, he is overrated.

World class Sterling? He doesn't even kick a ball properly atm. Big potential but no more than that yet. People bigging him up so much is why he thinks hes worth 150k a week. Scored a cracking goal against Newcastle but lets be honest he could and should have done more. Same old story with him reminds me a lot of a young Theo. If he's smart which hes yet to show he is he can go on to be a top player but he doesnt have the technical ability to ever be considered with the very best IMO.

I havent said he's World Class atm mate but its my opinions that he can be a big player. Sterling's dribbling is a lot better then the young Theo IMO but lets see what happens in the future who would have expected Harry Kane to be a non-scorer for Norwich and then become the best player in the EPL.

The simple fact is we don't know how good he can get.

At the moment he's doing just fine and doing vastly better than most other players at his age which suggests that as he gets older and improves his skills ,as most professional players do, that he could potentially develop into an excellent winger.

His technical ability in terms of his dribbling is already well above the norm for such a young player but things like his passing, crossing and of course finishing are not yet of the level where you could say he is a world class player (not that anyone has said that).

Without meaning to be disrespectful, as I think Liverpool do have some good attacking players in Coutinho and Sturridge (and this is sincere), he is at Liverpool so isn't completely surrounded by top quality players who are able to feed him goals and create everything a lot of what he has done he has had to do himself so his progression and stats etc aren't going to be World Class until he moves into a side with world class players.

That being said IMO it is not the right time for Sterling to attempt to make this move as at Liverpool he is guaranteed a place, he's with a manager who can help him develop the skills needed to be in an even better team (even though Liverpool are very good) and will get game time which is the most important thing he needs. He will learn more about when to shoot, when to pass etc and how to compose himself the more opportunities he gets to play.

Personally I do think Sterling will have a better chance at success than someone like Walcott (who was shoved into the limelight far too quickly for having blistering pace, quite ironically on reflection) and is one of the better young players England has produced recently.

I'm not quite sure he's got the potential to be a future Ballon D'or contender, as I feel Hazard, Pogba and Neymar are next up in that regard due to their progressions but I would expect him to certainly be in the top 5 wingers in about 3 years time.

The simple fact is we don't know how good he can get.

At the moment he's doing just fine and doing vastly better than most other players at his age which suggests that as he gets older and improves his skills ' date='as most professional players do, that he could potentially develop into an excellent winger.

His technical ability in terms of his dribbling is already well above the norm for such a young player but things like his passing, crossing and of course finishing are not yet of the level where you could say he is a world class player (not that anyone has said that).

Without meaning to be disrespectful, as I think Liverpool do have some good attacking players in Coutinho and Sturridge (and this is sincere), he is at Liverpool so isn't completely surrounded by top quality players who are able to feed him goals and create everything a lot of what he has done he has had to do himself so his progression and stats etc aren't going to be World Class until he moves into a side with world class players.

That being said IMO it is not the right time for Sterling to attempt to make this move as at Liverpool he is guaranteed a place, he's with a manager who can help him develop the skills needed to be in an even better team (even though Liverpool are very good) and will get game time which is the most important thing he needs. He will learn more about when to shoot, when to pass etc and how to compose himself the more opportunities he gets to play.

Personally I do think Sterling will have a better chance at success than someone like Walcott (who was shoved into the limelight far too quickly for having blistering pace, quite ironically on reflection) and is one of the better young players England has produced recently.

I'm not quite sure he's got the potential to be a future Ballon D'or contender, as I feel Hazard, Pogba and Neymar are next up in that regard due to their progressions but I would expect him to certainly be in the top 5 wingers in about 3 years time.[/quote']

This is a good post but a couple of things I'd like to add.

With regards to not having the top quality players to feed him goals, that is partly true, but regardless of that he misses a lot of chances as well. If he develops his finishing and stops missing sitters every couple of weeks, I have no doubt he could become a 20 goal a season player for us. Also as he's shown in a couple of instances, (Norwich last season and one of the group stage games for England) he has got a rocket of a shot when he hits it right. He doesn't hit it that often from distance though so perhaps if he had the confidence that Coutinho started to show (Southampton, Man City, Bolton) then he would add even more goals.

Also you refer to Sterling as a "winger". One thing very beneficial that Sterling has going for him is that he isn't limited to the position of a winger. He can play upfront and as a central attacking midfielder as well. His versatility will aid him a lot when it comes to "how far he can go".

Teams full of bottlers, no big game players in that whole team, yet again in a big match our tactics were all wrong.

Dissapointing end to a horrible season, questions need to be asked on recruitment as this team needs rebuilding, is Rodgers the man we should give the money to? Not too sure myself our record in massive games is horrible under Rodgers, the spirit isn't there the personalities arent there, it's something we lost after Rafa and Kennys departures. I can take losing but when players just obviously don't care that's what I can't accept.