ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Teams full of bottlers' date=' no big game players in that whole team, yet again in a big match our tactics were all wrong.

Dissapointing end to a horrible season, questions need to be asked on recruitment as this team needs rebuilding, is Rodgers the man we should give the money to? Not too sure myself our record in massive games is horrible under Rodgers, the spirit isn't there the personalities arent there, it's something we lost after Rafa and Kennys departures. I can take losing but when players just obviously don't care that's what I can't accept.[/quote']

Rodgers doesn't convince me,he appears to have a massive ego(yet has achieved little),Liverpool are not the successful club they used to be,and when a player like Sterling wants bumper contracts or wants to leave,then there are problems.Sterling is nowhere near good enough to play for a big team.

Pathetic display.

We were screwed over with the offside goal but TBH we deserved nothing Villa much better side and deserved the win.

Bigger write up later once I can summon up the strength to embellish just how c rap we were.

Pathetic display.

We were screwed over with the offside goal but TBH we deserved nothing Villa much better side and deserved the win.

Bigger write up later once I can summon up the strength to embellish just how c rap we were.

Klopp to Liverpool,watch this space...

Klopp to Liverpool' date='watch this space...[/quote']

Klopp is very similar to Rodgers, in the sense that he has no plan B, and the moment his best players depart, he can do very little. This is a Liverpool side that will be losing quite a few first-team players in the summer. As a result, this squad will have very little depth and room for experimenting, which is what Klopp needs to be able to function properly.

Benitez would be the logical candidate in my opinion - knowing the club inside out, he'd be able to get the right names in (and out).

Well the diff between Rodgers and Klopp is, we dont know how Klopp would perform with the same budget that Rodgers had, being able to spend 30m on players. Its worth taking a punt on Klopp because of his resume in recent years.

Thought I'd give you a bit of time to come to terms with that before commenting.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up but that was a really poor display from Liverpool, Villa really showed you up today so all credit to them but surely this is a massive chance missed by Rodgers to salvage the season with a trophy.

5th and the FA Cup would have been a decent season by my reckoning, not ideal but at least decent.

I think regrettably that it also does beg the question of a few players as to how much they really want to be on the pitch, so few seemed to have the desire and fight you see from most sides in the FA Cup, including the bigger ones this late on.

If I'm being brutally honest I don't think you would have beaten Arsenal in a final anyway but even so this was a great opportunity missed.

Haven't seen the game as I was working, but not heard a good thing about it, sounds like Villa deserved it all and set up perfectly to counter us..... if we turned up.

Rodgers the first manager since 1950 not to win a trophy in three seasons.

Be interesting if the club stand by once they realize that..... not sure what to think on it personally. Too much money been spent to just accept it and brush it aside. Expect another big window this summer, whether that includes a new manager... god only knows.

This is my opinion for Liverpool this season

- Wasted 100mil like Tottenham did with Bale money

- Balotelli was a desperate buy and I be shocked if you get your money back, I don't still understand why didnt pay extra for Bony or how Remy failed medical

- Rodgers couldn't balance Europe and League

- Some clubs have figures Rodgers playing style now

That's my opinion

I won't go to far into Rodgers as people know my overall opinion and I want to avoid being called a hater. But I have serious worries over the way he sets teams up.

Big games have and will forever be a big problem, Chelsea last season, United both times this season, Chelsea in the Cup, the whole Champions League run and now Villa. The team is lacking any grit and that includes our captain right now, players could not give a c rap about the match and it was plainly obvious as they strolled around the pitch, dare I say Balotelli was one of our best players when he came on and was dreadfully unlucky to have his goal chalked off by an incredibly poor decision. Coutinho is the only player I'd thoroughly believe can win us a game when we need him to as he's proved this season on the big occasions. Rodgers doesn't have a set style of play he uses one tactic till its found out and moves onto another, last season was a fluke plain and simple, so many teams in transition and we had the third best player in the world playing at the top of his game, we only played to out score opponents, it's taken Rodgers almost three seasons to learn how to shut opponents out and when it matters most he can't do it.

We all know how poor the recruitment has been under Rodgers bar two players, Coutinho and Sturridge. The problem doesn't solely lie with Rodgers, FSG have to take part of the blame, they came in with the whole moneyball technique, we are Liverpool, whether 5th or 2nd we are a huge club and simply we should be aiming a lot higher in the transfer market and we should not be moneyballing, we should be a destination not a stop on the way to something else.

The whole club needs a rethink, Rodgers reign has been average at best, the club is in a worse position than where Kenny left it. Whether that's Rodgers departing or the squad rebuilding or hopefully the sacking of Ayre and the committee then so be it. I know people may think I'm being dramatic but I don't think Rodgers has done as much good as people believe and him trying to win the dressing room by gutting our personalities out of it has left this club in a horrible position.

On player performances I am all for Gerrards last hurrah but his deterioration since his slip has been borderline depressing, he was a passenger all game. Sterling yet again can't produce when needed, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him leave he has no passion for the club. Lolvren is an incredible joke, I'm still steaming at his shot in the final minute what would honestly posses you? Don't think there was many good or even decent performances bar Coutinho and to an extent Mario.

Hope they use the last few games to get some youngsters some game time as we have many talents coming through, other than that I hope they don't kid themselves that Top 4 is available, season is done.

I won't go to far into Rodgers as people know my overall opinion and I want to avoid being called a hater. But I have serious worries over the way he sets teams up.

Big games have and will forever be a big problem' date=' Chelsea last season, United both times this season, Chelsea in the Cup, the whole Champions League run and now Villa. The team is lacking any grit and that includes our captain right now, players could not give a c rap about the match and it was plainly obvious as they strolled around the pitch, dare I say Balotelli was one of our best players when he came on and was dreadfully unlucky to have his goal chalked off by an incredibly poor decision. Coutinho is the only player I'd thoroughly believe can win us a game when we need him to as he's proved this season on the big occasions. Rodgers doesn't have a set style of play he uses one tactic till its found out and moves onto another, last season was a fluke plain and simple, so many teams in transition and we had the third best player in the world playing at the top of his game, we only played to out score opponents, it's taken Rodgers almost three seasons to learn how to shut opponents out and when it matters most he can't do it.

We all know how poor the recruitment has been under Rodgers bar two players, Coutinho and Sturridge. The problem doesn't solely lie with Rodgers, FSG have to take part of the blame, they came in with the whole moneyball technique, we are Liverpool, whether 5th or 2nd we are a huge club and simply we should be aiming a lot higher in the transfer market and we should not be moneyballing, we should be a destination not a stop on the way to something else.

The whole club needs a rethink, Rodgers reign has been average at best, the club is in a worse position than where Kenny left it. Whether that's Rodgers departing or the squad rebuilding or hopefully the sacking of Ayre and the committee then so be it. I know people may think I'm being dramatic but I don't think Rodgers has done as much good as people believe and him trying to win the dressing room by gutting our personalities out of it has left this club in a horrible position.

On player performances I am all for Gerrards last hurrah but his deterioration since his slip has been borderline depressing, he was a passenger all game. Sterling yet again can't produce when needed, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him leave he has no passion for the club. Lolvren is an incredible joke, I'm still steaming at his shot in the final minute what would honestly posses you? Don't think there was many good or even decent performances bar Coutinho and to an extent Mario.

Hope they use the last few games to get some youngsters some game time as we have many talents coming through, other than that I hope they don't kid themselves that Top 4 is available, season is done.[/quote']

Klopp!!

Your players didn't look like they wanted to win at all today. And believe me I know how frustrating that can be.

Rodgers cannot handle a lot of money, and nor can he compete in Europe. He doesn't seem to be able to win when it matters.

Klopp can do all these things.

Klopp!!

Your players didn't look like they wanted to win at all today. And believe me I know how frustrating that can be.

Rodgers cannot handle a lot of money' date=' and nor can he compete in Europe. He doesn't seem to be able to win when it matters.

Klopp can do all these things.[/quote']

You have to pay Rodgers money to leave - dunno how many years his contract is

As Rodgers wasted 100mil, Liverpool stadium having 40mil expansion and this FFP, how much can liverpool spend? they need a lot

There are rumours liverpool want Falcao, dunno if true, but Liverpool won't give him £230k a week, they cant do Sterling or Henderson pay yet

Is Klopp the answer? Does Klopp even want the job?

Klopp!!

Rodgers cannot handle a lot of money' date=' and nor can he compete in Europe. He doesn't seem to be able to win when it matters.

How can you be so sure Klopp can handle big money? He's never made a huge transfer in his whole managerial career, as he's never had to do so. However, the team he'd be inheriting would require a lot of patching up - something requiring a big budget. He would need to bring in the right players for exactly the right price, and that for a first time is always a huge risk.

How can you be so sure Klopp can handle big money? He's never made a huge transfer in his whole managerial career' date=' as he's never had to do so. However, the team he'd be inheriting would require a lot of patching up - something requiring a big budget. He would need to bring in the right players for exactly the right price, and that for a first time is always a huge risk.[/quote']

He'd most likely convince some of the more hardworking players to come to Pool. Which in itself would be a step up really.

Klopp seems to be the best risk to take.

Mentioned it when Klopp announced he was leaving Dortmund.

He seems perfect for Liverpool, the kind of manager Liverpool fans will adore immediately.

I still think he could end up there, not sure why.....just have a feeling.

Klopp has had lots of money to spend (for German standards) and has failed miserably. Klopp has spent 100m in the last 2 years and it's been a complete failure. The only 2 transfers that have been worth their money so far are Auba and Sokratis. The other 80m were flushed down the drain considering they are contemplating selling their top transfers (Immobile and Mkhitaryan) again after 1, respectively 2 years at the club.

If anything, Klopp has shown that he can build a decent team with little money. Apart from being one-dimensional in regards to tactic, the main criticism were the transfers. Dortmund have bought an enormous number of mediocre players for lots of money while Klopp passed on quality players such as Mandzukic despite Watzke and Zorc wanting him.

This is my opinion for Liverpool this season

- Wasted 100mil like Tottenham did with Bale money

- Balotelli was a desperate buy and I be shocked if you get your money back' date=' I don't still understand why didnt pay extra for Bony or how Remy failed medical

- Rodgers couldn't balance Europe and League

- Some clubs have figures Rodgers playing style now

That's my opinion[/quote']

Brendan Rodgers:

"'Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

LOL