Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I think the recruitment is the problem more than BR. I feel like he has done a decent job with the players he's got (although not sure on his insistence on play Gerrard), but I really think we need to ask how we've spent so much on so many average players under him - especially when they have a bad start to their career and then get marginalised (see Borini, Markovic, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Balotelli and even Lallana & Allen to an extent). I recognise that none of the players have really proven themselves good enough, but then again not many of them have had a run of starting games in their preferred position for a prolonged period; if we are going to spend the 8s, 10s, 15s of millions on these players, they have to be given more of a chance (or we need to buy better players in the first place - that is my point).

I would not like to see Rodgers sacked as he has shown promise in a lot of areas (like generally getting the best out of his players) & playing decent football and is doing a relatively good job (bar the occasional delusional mid-season press conference). However, the scouting/recruitment team (Rodgers included) seriously need to get their act together in order for us to progress.

Perhaps Rodgers is the first manager since the 1950's to not win a trophy in 3 seasons, but he needs to be here next season. Why? Because we simply cannot start another "phase of transition" if we want to progress. Haven't we been a side in transition for the last 4 or 5 years now, ever since Benitez flopped from 2nd to 7th?

Let's look at what Rodgers has actually achieved so far in these 3 seasons. Okay, so nothing exactly historic but there's definitely been progress made. For example, his redevelopment for the squad. Look at the teams we had under Roy Hodgson and Kenny. They were old, and generally average all round. Rodgers has transformed us into one of the youngest starting XI's in the league, and improved our league position while going about it. Look at the willingness he's had to bring youth products through into the first team. He helped reinvent one of our most key players, Hendo. The player most likely to be captain next season could be playing for Fulham in the Championship right now. Okay yes, the spending under his reign has generally been very mediocre. But is that solely down to him, or this supposed 'transfer commitee' that was meant to improve things. If Rodgers is going to get the slack for the imports not performing, then why shouldn't he have full control of who actually comes in. It's not like bringing Klopp in will change that. There's still going to be a transfer committee that ultimately has the final say. And who's to say Klopp would be a better spender of the money if he were to have full control. He hasn't exactly been renowned as a transfer guru. What player has he signed with as great a potential as Coutinho and Can, or as great an impact as Daniel Sturridge? He's made his name by building a team of young prospects. Isn't that where Rodgers has found success aswell? In bringing players into the first team and developing them??

Have we forgotten that it was Rodgers who led this side to 2nd place last season. It was all Suarez you say. Well why did we finish 7th the season before with practically the exact same squad plus some failed transfer bench warmers. How high did King Kenny manage to get us in the table with the be all and end all Luis Suarez. 6th? 8th? Yes we won the Carling Cup and came runners up in the FA cup. But was it Rodgers fault that we were so inprolific when his tactics played Chelsea off the park in the C1C semi. We may have been dreadful last night, but what might've been if Balotelli's goal was not wrongly ruled offside.

All of the above could easily be counter argued with the fact that the end of the day we haven't won a trophy, but lets look ahead for a moment now. Yes fourth is a BIG ask this season, but it's definitely not impossible at this point. Even without fourth this year though, what about next season. Another squad overhaul is definitely not what this squad needs. As that returns me to my original point, we need to kick on from being in "transition." We need to 2, 3 maybe 4 players that will add instant quality to this team. Players that will plug the remaining holes and add something extra to this side stuck between mid-table and the elite. Rodgers deserves and needs one more season at this club, because let's face it he's made the future look a lot brighter than it was under previous managers. Perhaps Manchester City will have the sort of 7th place finish season ourselves and Manchester United have experienced recently. There are big talks about a squad overhaul and possibly a change in manager. Of course people will dismiss this without thought and I'm not saying it's going to happen, but the sides above us in the table aren't nailed on to be finishing there again next season as well. What about Arsenal? They outclassed us the otherweek without a doubt, but how many times in recent years has it looked like they are going to go on and make the next step, before taking another two backwards? Again, I'm no saying "Oh yeah we will finish above Arsenal next year", just putting things into perspective when you consider what can happen.

Of course Rodgers is frustrating at times. His insistence to play Gerrard (the current version), Allen, and Jlen Ghonson kills me sometimes, but he's still learning like most of the squad. At times he looks like a man without a plan, but at other times he's had this team playing some of the best football in England. He has his flaws, but his first three years of ups and downs warrant a fourth and a chance to finally get things right.

Well the frustration in me still abounds but at least I feel able enough now to write more in depth than yesterday.

We were woeful, awful, inept any adjective you want to use however I am disspaointed to see some people on the "lets blame Stevie bandwagon" again. He did not have a good game by any means but then when you look at our side who did, everybody to a man bar Mignolet was abject.

I think that Rodgers got the initial tactical base wrong and this was emphasised by the fact I lost count how many times we changed formation and never in any of them were weable to get a grip, we were never in the game and made a bang average Aston Villa side look brilliant. We have better players than Villa but boy did we not show that in any form.

AS well as the players tactically not seeming to know what they were doing, more damanging and puzzling was the fact the team looked incredibly afraid and fearful and that mentality is the worst thing. They looked absolutely paralysed by fear, where as Villa embraced the occasion and played with carefree abandon our players seemed to shrink. The lack of a big game mentality is puzzling and damaging.

Some of the decisions were very strange after changing from a back three to a four we then play Emre Can at RB??? I see people moaning about Johnson coming on, my problem was if we are gunna change to a four he should have been on a lot earlier, Villa constantly exploited Can and his lack of knowledge in the position, it was a change which should have happened earlier.

Thought the whole side was abject special mention to Henderson and Allen in this regard who just disappeared totally in the game as did Raheem. I felt sorry for Markovic who was pretty bad but no worse than the rest of them but substituted again after 45 minutes for the fourth match in a row, the boy must be broken mentally.

Everybody all round had a woeful day the Manager, the players collectively we were pathetic and got what we deserved absolutely nothing...

Time some of these players stood up to be counted because when the pressure really comes on some of them retreat into there shell, big games require big personalities and amongst the side I don't see many of those types, to many inexperienced players who retreat.

You need to be brave in these games.....quite simply we cowered.

I wholeheartedly agree with LegendaryLemon^

Calling for Rodgers head is frankly ridiculous. He has brought the club on and provided us with one of our best seasons in recent times.

All in all a good season IMO, we massively overachieved last year and look at what we are competing against, the 4 above us all spent massively too.

Granted our signings havent all work out but then again with the Balotelli situation we all know he wasnt 1st choice...... Sanchez turned us down and Remy failed a medical mysteriously. And what else was out there? On the other hand, rough diamonds have emerged through Rodgers. Coutinho is turning into a top class player and id expect more from the likes of Can & Markovic next season. Lallana will be a class act.

Lovren & Lambert have been disappointing but honestly who had them down to fail so hard after stellar season with Southampton?

I cant quite put the finger on it but some much has hung over the club this season that has affected us negatively. Gerrards announced departure in January - daft.

Not having Studge most of the season, lets not forget that.

And Flanagan has been a big miss IMO he is a solid defender i cant wait for him to be back in the side.

We are a young side with very little big game experience plus Rodgers doesnt have much either. Its all a learning process on and off the field, so whats the point of bleating on about we wilt in the big games its because he havent been in these situations. We have an absolute lack of leaders on the pitch too it seems, something we must address. In the past the likes of Hamann, McAllister, Hyypia, we need players with a footballing brain and organisational skills.

Lets have a discussion on transfer targets,

Clear the decks of Johnson, Borini, Balotelli, Manquillo, Enrique, Lambert & Lucas, Luis Alberto, Aspas, & finally Gerrard

Id love to get Milner for his versatility & workmanship, and this Falcao loan deal for 7M is hanging about well id say take him, he is class lets not deny him that, a proven goalscorer stuck in an injury nightmare. Get a preseason under his belt he could flourish in our system. Oscar is out of favour at Chelsea and is a player ive admired for years coming through Internacional.

Juan Iturbe linked recently, please lets avoid him IMO his ego is to much of an issue, id rather take Felipe Anderson of Lazio.

Im struggling for Center Backs though. Whats out there? Tiago Ilori is extremely highly rated and is catching the eye at Bordeaux but i think next season could be too early. Loans deals with Sociedad & Sunderland have been muted

Final point, excuse my ignorance but i cant see what on earth Jurgen Klopp would offer us. His transfer dealings dont read up very well and how do you explain a season like Dortmund have had? Someone put in a nutshell for me what he would bring/what he would be an improvement over BR at?

How could Falcao possibly flourish in our system? You need pace and energy to be upfront in this system Falcao of which has neither, Falcao used to be top class but it's difficult to come back from the injury he had and simply he isn't what he used to be, and for the ridiculous wages and fee it can be invested much better. United took the risk and it didn't pay off, we'd be stupid to do the same.

Also this obsession with selling Lucas is something I don't understand, been one of our best players this season, had he been fit I'd be guessing we'd be in a final right now.

And how could this have been a good season, it was Top 4 or a trophy this season both of which we didn't achieve, our football has gone backwards and the dressing rooms in a bit of turmoil. As seasons go it's been the worst under Rodgers and the worst since Hodgson.

;3086181']I wholeheartedly agree with LegendaryLemon^

Calling for Rodgers head is frankly ridiculous. He has brought the club on and provided us with one of our best seasons in recent times.

All in all a good season IMO' date=' we massively overachieved last year and look at what we are competing against, the 4 above us all spent massively too.

Granted our signings havent all work out but then again with the Balotelli situation we all know he wasnt 1st choice...... Sanchez turned us down and Remy failed a medical mysteriously. And what else was out there? On the other hand, rough diamonds have emerged through Rodgers. Coutinho is turning into a top class player and id expect more from the likes of Can & Markovic next season. Lallana will be a class act.

Lovren & Lambert have been disappointing but honestly who had them down to fail so hard after stellar season with Southampton?

I cant quite put the finger on it but some much has hung over the club this season that has affected us negatively. Gerrards announced departure in January - daft.

Not having Studge most of the season, lets not forget that.

And Flanagan has been a big miss IMO he is a solid defender i cant wait for him to be back in the side.

We are a young side with very little big game experience plus Rodgers doesnt have much either. Its all a learning process on and off the field, so whats the point of bleating on about we wilt in the big games its because he havent been in these situations. We have an absolute lack of leaders on the pitch too it seems, something we must address. In the past the likes of Hamann, McAllister, Hyypia, we need players with a footballing brain and organisational skills.

[u']Lets have a discussion on transfer targets[/u],

Clear the decks of Johnson, Borini, Balotelli, Manquillo, Enrique, Lambert & Lucas, Luis Alberto, Aspas, & finally Gerrard

Id love to get Milner for his versatility & workmanship, and this Falcao loan deal for 7M is hanging about well id say take him, he is class lets not deny him that, a proven goalscorer stuck in an injury nightmare. Get a preseason under his belt he could flourish in our system. Oscar is out of favour at Chelsea and is a player ive admired for years coming through Internacional.

Juan Iturbe linked recently, please lets avoid him IMO his ego is to much of an issue, id rather take Felipe Anderson of Lazio.

Im struggling for Center Backs though. Whats out there? Tiago Ilori is extremely highly rated and is catching the eye at Bordeaux but i think next season could be too early. Loans deals with Sociedad & Sunderland have been muted

Final point, excuse my ignorance but i cant see what on earth Jurgen Klopp would offer us. His transfer dealings dont read up very well and how do you explain a season like Dortmund have had? Someone put in a nutshell for me what he would bring/what he would be an improvement over BR at?

Lol to start off Liverpool only different from last year to this year was Suarez and Rodgers has changed the system, he couldn't cope with CL

Answer to your question on who was out there - BONY but Liverpool didn't want to pay £20mil

Signing have been poor this summer, like I keep saying, you done a Tottenham

Don't play the Sturridge injured card - United have 50+ injures and had to cope

Transfers - looks like 9/10 players might be exiting - Gerrard(contract exp), Johnson(contract exp), Toure(contract exp), Manquillo(loan), Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Skrtel, Sterling(future uncertain), Jones

If you want to add Aspas, Enrique, Alberto and Lucas

Won't have much of a team left, you won't get much millions in for them except Sterling

I can't see Rodgers attracting big names like Iturbe or Felipe Anderson. Hasn't Liverpool seen the way Falcao playing? and would Liverpool really pay his wages when they can't sort out Sterling's wages

Dortmund this season has had injures and dominated games but somehow lost, Bit in bold -Klopp did bring in great signings like Hummels, Kagawa, Reus and Gundogan

How could Falcao possibly flourish in our system? You need pace and energy to be upfront in this system Falcao of which has neither' date=' Falcao used to be top class but it's difficult to come back from the injury he had and simply he isn't what he used to be, and for the ridiculous wages and fee it can be invested much better. United took the risk and it didn't pay off, we'd be stupid to do the same.

Also this obsession with selling Lucas is something I don't understand, been one of our best players this season, had he been fit I'd be guessing we'd be in a final right now.

And how could this have been a good season, it was Top 4 or a trophy this season both of which we didn't achieve, our football has gone backwards and the dressing rooms in a bit of turmoil. As seasons go it's been the worst under Rodgers and the worst since Hodgson.[/quote']

You've lost the plot. Our worst season since Hodgson. I'm sorry but when was it official that we can't make the top 4 this season. Have a bit of faith and you might actually enjoy being a fan. You've basically just said our season is a disaster because Lucas got injured. I mean no one was happy with the game the other night but way to be overdramatic. 2 weeks ago we'd completed an astranomical turn around and the outcome of this season was looking great. Now it's our worst since Hodgson....

Lol to start off Liverpool only different from last year to this year was Suarez and Rodgers has changed the system' date=' he couldn't cope with CL

Answer to your question on who was out there - BONY but Liverpool didn't want to pay £20mil

Transfers - looks like 9/10 players might be exiting - Gerrard(contract exp), Johnson(contract exp), Toure(contract exp), Manquillo(loan) [b']It's a 2 year loan[/b], Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Skrtel Why would we sell our best centre half, Sterling(future uncertain), Jones

You've literally read this from the tabloids. This isn't going to happen.

Won't have much of a team left, you won't get much millions in for them except Sterling

I can't see Rodgers attracting big names like Iturbe or Felipe Anderson. Hasn't Liverpool seen the way Falcao playing? and would Liverpool really pay his wages when they can't sort out Sterling's wages

Dortmund this season has had injures and dominated games but somehow lost, Bit in bold -Klopp did bring in great signings like Hummels, Kagawa, Reus and Gundogan

ALL IN on Lacazette I reckon' date=' only issue would be Champions League football...

Ings for £4m.

Illaramendi for £15m

Cech for £10m

Milner on a free

With Flanagan back it should mean Can goes to midfield, which is would be a great move.[/quote']

Would hope we move for Firmino. Can't see it being a signing we would make though :mad:

Transfers - looks like 9/10 players might be exiting - Gerrard(contract exp), Johnson(contract exp), Toure(contract exp), Manquillo(loan) It's a 2 year loan, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Skrtel Why would we sell our best centre half, Sterling(future uncertain), Jones

You've literally read this from the tabloids. This isn't going to happen.

Toure and Johnson contract are expiring, no new contracts atm

I didn't know Manquillo was a 2 year loan even know he hasn't done much

Balotelli - obv you want to sell

Borini - you wanted to sell last summer but Sunderland couldn't afford

Lambert - prob bench sit or go if another striker comes in

Skrtel - future is unclear as he is yet to agree a new contract with Wolfsburg interested

Jones - looks like your after another keeper, so he might go

Can't see Liverpool attract big names

You've lost the plot. Our worst season since Hodgson. I'm sorry but when was it official that we can't make the top 4 this season. Have a bit of faith and you might actually enjoy being a fan. You've basically just said our season is a disaster because Lucas got injured. I mean no one was happy with the game the other night but way to be overdramatic. 2 weeks ago we'd completed an astranomical turn around and the outcome of this season was looking great. Now it's our worst since Hodgson....

Well this could officially be the worst season since Hodgson

2010/11 - Hodgson/Dalglish - 6th

2011/12 - Dalglish - 8th /Carling Cup Won/ FA Cup Final

2012/13 - Rodgers - 7th

2013/14 - Rodgers - 2nd

If we finish 7th (Very very possible) then it is the joint worst season we've had since Hodgson, joint bottom with Rodgers first season. I don't think i'm being too dramatic at all, i'm actually being very realistic.

On the Lucas point i'm not saying Lucas's injury caused the season to be a disaster, but the season being acceptable and being a disaster hinged on winning the FA Cup, i'd have expected us to be in the final had Lucas been fit.

Rodgers hasn't achieved anything to be getting the kind of protection he receives off a lot of people. Not that I want him gone, but something has to change.

Well this could officially be the worst season since Hodgson

2010/11 - Hodgson/Dalglish - 6th

2011/12 - Dalglish - 8th /Carling Cup Won/ FA Cup Final

2012/13 - Rodgers - 7th

2013/14 - Rodgers - 2nd

If we finish 7th (Very very possible) then it is the joint worst season we've had since Hodgson' date=' joint bottom with Rodgers first season. I don't think i'm being too dramatic at all, i'm actually being very realistic.

On the Lucas point i'm not saying Lucas's injury caused the season to be a disaster, but the season being acceptable and being a disaster hinged on winning the FA Cup, i'd have expected us to be in the final had Lucas been fit.

Rodgers hasn't achieved anything to be getting the kind of protection he receives off a lot of people. Not that I want him gone, [b']but something has to change[/b].

you need someone who can actually identify players for the team and not just buy good players from all over the place like you did with the Suarez money

Gotta agree slightly with Synyster' date=' I don't really understand why Rodgers gets the amount of protection that he does. Given the money spent and the size of the club he hasn't really moved forward in the 3 years he's been there.[/quote']

I think Rodgers will stay, I cant see Liverpool paying off his contract, I can see Klopp as PSG manager

Two weeks ago you had a semi final to look forward to against strugglers Aston Villa as well as having a good chance of finishing 4th. Now your out of the cup and 4th place isn't going to happen.

Lol to start off Liverpool only different from last year to this year was Suarez and Rodgers has changed the system' date=' he couldn't cope with CL

[b']So how do you replace World Class Suarez? You cant. end of. He lead the line all season, something we havent had due to injurys and lower ability players.[/b]

Bony? please. He isnt nothing like Sturridge or Suarez!

define 'done a tottenham'?? Can, Markovic, Moreno, Lallana have shown they can/will be top players... Balotelli, Lovren, Lambert havent worked. Next season the forementioned will be even better. Young prospects adapting to the Premier League.

What you mean dont play the injured card? We have had to play Sterling & Coutinho up front! So what you had injurys you always had cover in all those positions...

Transfers - looks like 9/10 players might be exiting - Gerrard(contract exp), Johnson(contract exp), Toure(contract exp), Manquillo(loan), Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Skrtel, Sterling(future uncertain), Jones

Meaning what? Unlike United with their 'legacy' of the class of 92 and absolute failure to nuture through young talent since then, we are very rich in young stars hopefully more will step into the first team next season. Ibe, Sinclair, Ojo, Rossiter, Brannagan, Lloyd Jones, Ilori, Wisdom, Flanagan, Yesil..

These arent big names.... They would jump at the chance to move to the EPL. Lets not forget the new TV deal has made clubs some of the richest in the game and wages will far outstrip anything Serie A can offer.

Hummels wasnt a Klopp signing.

but look at the high price recent underachievers like Leitner, Bittencourt, Schieber, Ramos, Sahin, Ginter, Immobile, Mkhitaryan

His strength seems to lie in nuturing young talent not buying the finished article.

Lol where has this guy crawled out from? Recently? since United have been winning games or something?

Anyway, hows this for a rumour. Rodgers is to be offered Director of Academy role on his existing 3.5M a year deal, to make way for De Boer, Benitez or Klopp. The Times' Tony Evans on Talksport is a very credible source..

I am with Legendary and JMH (nice to see your return Sir) it is so typical of the world we live in today there is a knee jerk reaction to everything.

It is very Dissapointing to lose the cup semi final but do I think Rodgers should be under pressure for his job no I don't.

The reality of where we are is that Rodgers is achieving what really should be achieved with this squad, throughout the PL it has long been widely acknowledged that the wage bills are about the best indication of where a club should be and has finished, Liverpool have the 5th highest wage bill and where do we sit in the table 5th.....

Does any Liverpool fan really think we have better squads than Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal or United???

When you look at it objectively in the League he is about where we should be, we got to two cup semi finals one where we deserved to lose and one where we was extremely unlucky against Chelsea, went out in the group stages of the Champions league which was was underachievement but it was new to Rodgers and many of the players as wel and through the period where we were at our lowest ebb.

People have got unrealistic expectations because of the massive overachievement of last season where we overachieved to such a degree it was never going to be possible to match that again this season especially when you lose the third best player in the world and your main striker Sturridge has been injured nearly all season.

That is a massive void to fill and realistically we had no real top quality options we could get to replace Suarez, had a go at Sanchez but he wanted London and who else was there?? Nobody of a standard we would have been pleased with the transfer committee took a punt on Mario against Brendan's better judgement because there was two days left in the window and that was all there was.

We are sadly roughly where we should be right now and yes things can improve in terms of recruitment (the net spend ain't really mind blowing and our wage bill has been totally restructured during this period)

There has been Definete improvement from when Rodgers took over, the football by and large has been better, League finishes been better, his development of players has been outstanding in many instances and I don't for a second think any of the "real" Liverpool fan base want him out.

A lot of my friends were at Wembley on Saturday in various different parts of the ground and they said nobody was calling for Rodgers head, in reality much of this Furore is lead by the social media and the press trying to Stoke things out of proportion, the majority of Luverpool fans want him to stay.

As for the Klopp taking over debate. I don't see the point because I still think Rodgers can improve us and Klopp has a similar philosophy with regards his football the high press etc, plus you look through it his transfer record in recent years has not exactly been to great himself.

I am with Legendary and JMH (nice to see your return Sir) it is so typical of the world we live in today there is a knee jerk reaction to everything.

It is very Dissapointing to lose the cup semi final but do I think Rodgers should be under pressure for his job no I don't.

The reality of where we are is that Rodgers is achieving what really should be achieved with this squad' date=' throughout the PL it has long been widely acknowledged that the wage bills are about the best indication of where a club should be and has finished, Liverpool have the 5th highest wage bill and where do we sit in the table 5th.....

Does any Liverpool fan really think we have better squads than Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal or United???

When you look at it objectively in the League he is about where we should be, we got to two cup semi finals one where we deserved to lose and one where we was extremely unlucky against Chelsea, went out in the group stages of the Champions league which was was underachievement but it was new to Rodgers and many of the players as wel and through the period where we were at our lowest ebb.

People have got unrealistic expectations because of the massive overachievement of last season where we overachieved to such a degree it was never going to be possible to match that again this season especially when you lose the third best player in the world and your main striker Sturridge has been injured nearly all season.

That is a massive void to fill and realistically we had no real top quality options we could get to replace Suarez, had a go at Sanchez but he wanted London and who else was there?? Nobody of a standard we would have been pleased with the transfer committee took a punt on Mario against Brendan's better judgement because there was two days left in the window and that was all there was.

We are sadly roughly where we should be right now and yes things can improve in terms of recruitment (the net spend ain't really mind blowing and our wage bill has been totally restructured during this period)

There has been Definete improvement from when Rodgers took over, the football by and large has been better, League finishes been better, his development of players has been outstanding in many instances and I don't for a second think any of the "real" Liverpool fan base want him out.

A lot of my friends were at Wembley on Saturday in various different parts of the ground and they said nobody was calling for Rodgers head, in reality much of this Furore is lead by the social media and the press trying to Stoke things out of proportion, the majority of Luverpool fans want him to stay.

As for the Klopp taking over debate. I don't see the point because I still think Rodgers can improve us and Klopp has a similar philosophy with regards his football the high press etc, plus you look through it his transfer record in recent years has not exactly been to great himself.[/quote']

thank god for some sanity round here. Almost given up on the Liverpool thread thanks to the non Liverpool fans swarming round here stirring the pot.

Absolute joke calling for Brendans head - we've lost 5 games in 5 months for crying out loud!

Those games included 2 defeats to teams who should on paper beat us - Arsenal and Man United. Two others have been cup semi finals and one in Europe. Its hardly crisis time in the grand scheme. In differing ways all could have been won - the fact that many believe that is testament to how far along the road we are. And we done it without a striker of merit - I agree with the debates regarding the poor transfer activity that caused that dirth up front, but clearly Rodgers tried to make the signings and I'd rather not hash over the same old same old there. But I will say that Sturridge is the biggest issue now up front, it was dangerous to think that we could rely on a striker that had a history of a lot of short term injuries but to repeat that next season would be plain stupid - if we can learn that lesson and land a "proper" striker alongside the new lad Origi then its a start.

Rodgers is right we now need to make the next step and he deserves the chance to do that. Gerrard dilemma over and a young team with far more experience - bring it on! We have a great platform next season, add a little more quality in place of the "not quite good enough" list of players we have and its looking really exciting.

Not turning this into a Rodgers out debate, but where is this improvement?

We've had one excellent season under Rodgers and it'd be very generous to give him massive credit for it, we had the 3rd best player in the world at his absolute peak and by a stroke of luck found a partnership of him and Sturridge. Other players were given it their all and you can see just how much last season took out of our usual talisman Gerrard, and while the players can only take us so far we lost that league last season to tactical blunders in big games from Rodgers ie Playing for the win against Chelsea when we needed a draw, trying to go all out against Palace and not closing the game. Yes Rodgers set up the team but come on how much work did he have to do? we had a small squad that practically picked itself.

Rodgers is a young manager who's learning, his Plan B will most likely come with time and his big game experience should be improving, but Liverpool aren't a club that should be a proving ground for him, we shouldn't be his trial and error.

To say the football has improved upon Rafa and Dalglish is also opinion based more than anything else, Rafa while incredibly boring at times knew how to close games out (especially in Europe), Dalglish actually played quite entertaining football.

Yes we were on a great run but again we've faltered in big games and simply put after 3 seasons it isn't good enough, he gets tactically outwitted so often, the manner of the defeats is what's worse, i've never seen such a spineless performance than what i've seen against United, Arsenal and Villa recently.

As for this again 'obvious improvement', the squad is filled with more deadwood right now than what Dalglish left us with and most of Rodgers top players have been Dalglish signings. This is the same Rodgers who tried to swap Henderson for Dempsey and you lot trust his decision making? The wage bill has reduced but simply put if you want to compete it's going to grow, speculate to accumulate and due to our nature of trying to get cheap wages we are growing worse as a team and it won't be long till players jump ship looking for someone who will pay the wages, the cost of reducing the wage bill is that Rodgers has gutted the dressing room of real leaders and living legends of the club.

I'm not saying I want him out as I don't think Klopp would do much better but the way some of you lot back Rodgers to the death is crazy for a manager who has proved nothing here.

Lol to start off Liverpool only different from last year to this year was Suarez and Rodgers has changed the system, he couldn't cope with CL

So how do you replace World Class Suarez? You cant. end of. He lead the line all season, something we havent had due to injurys and lower ability players.

That where you use the Suarez money to get in a player that could hit goals but Liverpool picked Lambert and Balotelli

Bony in 2014 calendar year scored more goals than any EPL striker, he could of got Liverpool lots of goals

define 'done a tottenham'?? Can, Markovic, Moreno, Lallana have shown they can/will be top players... Balotelli, Lovren, Lambert havent worked. Next season the forementioned will be even better. Young prospects adapting to the Premier League.

you need ready built players for the EPL than young adapting kids, I say done a Tottenham because the players you said in my view hasn't impressed

What you mean dont play the injured card? We have had to play Sterling & Coutinho up front! So what you had injurys you always had cover in all those positions...

We Had Cover at times, but you had the money to buy plus had Balotelli, Borini and Lambert

Meaning what? Unlike United with their 'legacy' of the class of 92 and absolute failure to nuture through young talent since then, we are very rich in young stars hopefully more will step into the first team next season. Ibe, Sinclair, Ojo, Rossiter, Brannagan, Lloyd Jones, Ilori, Wisdom, Flanagan, Yesil..

McNair, Blackett, hoping Januzaj, Wilson.

These arent big names.... They would jump at the chance to move to the EPL. Lets not forget the new TV deal has made clubs some of the richest in the game and wages will far outstrip anything Serie A can offer.

English pay already beats Serie A, but no CL football to offer, it be hard as teams in CL spot will have to think before moving

but look at the high price recent underachievers like Leitner, Bittencourt, Schieber, Ramos, Sahin, Ginter, Immobile, Mkhitaryan

His strength seems to lie in nuturing young talent not buying the finished article.

Klopp came in May 2008, Hummels summer 2008. He might not got the best out of them as clubs keep taking Dortmund players this season but he does find a gem or 2. I think Liverpool need some finish Articles

[b']So how do you replace World Class Suarez? You cant. end of. He lead the line all season, something we havent had due to injurys and lower ability players.[/b]

That where you use the Suarez money to get in a player that could hit goals but Liverpool picked Lambert and Balotelli

You can't replace Luis Suarez. We tried to get Sanchez and he wouldn't come. Who else could we have gotten? Falcao? :confused:

Bony in 2014 calendar year scored more goals than any EPL striker, he could of got Liverpool lots of goals

And what has he done since he joined Man City. Absolutely nothing.

you need ready built players for the EPL than young adapting kids, I say done a Tottenham because the players you said in my view hasn't impressed

The difference with Spurs and Liverpool is that Spurs signed "ready-made" players. They didn't invest in the future like Liverpool did this past summer.

We Had Cover at times, but you had the money to buy plus had Balotelli, Borini and Lambert

You've just contradicted your point above by saying Balotelli, Borini, and Lambert were not good enough and then you come here and say that they are. :rolleyes:

McNair, Blackett, hoping Januzaj, Wilson.

Is that seriously a comparison? Hmm let's think for one moment. Raheem Sterling? It is absurd that you're comparing the talents that are nurtured by United and Liverpool at this stage. Absurd.

English pay already beats Serie A, but no CL football to offer, it be hard as teams in CL spot will have to think before moving

Yes, that's his point. Because EPL pay beats Serie A pay, players will want to move from Serie A to the EPL. Look at Erik Lamela. Probably one of the best players at Roma that season and then moves to Spurs.

Klopp came in May 2008, Hummels summer 2008. He might not got the best out of them as clubs keep taking Dortmund players this season but he does find a gem or 2. I think Liverpool need some finish Articles

Mats Hummels joined Dortmund on loan in January 2008 from Bayern. Jurgen Klopp came in after he was on loan. So your point there is wrong. If you are saying that Klopp has found a gem or two, then the same argument can be applied to Rodgers. Coutinho and Sturridge? That's a gem or two for you right there.

And I am in no way denying Klopp is a bad manager, I think he's absolutely fantastic and has had an impressive career.