ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Cant see where i have done anything to suggest otherwise my man - just encouraging these united fans to be as outspoken on their own club thread as they are on this thread - always seems odd that Liverpool - who arent a big club and are in a long term decline now apparently seem to take up so much of United fans time and attention is all.

daft is as daft does i guess.

Utd probably 4th no trophies.

Liverpool probably 5th no trophies.

Not a great return for the biggest wage bill in the premier league.

Utd probably 4th no trophies.

Liverpool probably 5th no trophies.

Not a great return for the biggest wage bill in the premier league.

Liverpool might not finish 5th, they might not even have european football next year, I say Southampton might have the easier run than Spurs and Liverpool

The United thread is quite active' date=' what you are suggesting is United fans have no right to discuss Liverpool FC topics on the Liverpool thread. Which you have no right to, the thread does not belong to any specific set of fans.

Yes, you does.[/quote']

not sure of the issue here but i wouldnt suggest anything - i would say it, but you dont know me so wouldnt expect you to know any different of me.

If you did know me then you would know i'm all for an open forum and have no issue with folks posting where they want as long as its within forum rules.

That doesnt mean that i have to enjoy what they post anymore that it means im unable to comment on it.

Ben I ain't gunna respond to every point because I have not got the will to write such a long post but a few things to note:

1- When stating we ain't gunna be as good without Suarez that ain't having a go at you, it's blindingly obvious anybody who says otherwise is deluding themselves, are Barca gunna be as goo without Messi etc etc..

But no point in talking about Suarez, he has gone we miss him and I will always love him but he is irrelevant to the here and now.

2- If selling your top players to Real and Barca makes you a selling club then every single club in the world bar those two must be a selling club. I hardly think that is a real measure of a selling club personally, if we started to lose (top) players to English Rivals or sub standard European sides then I'd consider that to be a selling club.

3- We have been in the hunt for top four despite not having our best striker, I don't think it is far fetched to say if we had A fully fit Sturridge avaliable we would have quite a few more points and be right in the mix.

4- You can't legislate for your main man being injured nearly all season, you really can't make presumptions or assumptions on what it's, Lambert was always a Plan C option for last ten mins etc and as discussed Mario was not a Rodgers signing he never wanted him.

5- There were no top strikers avaliable in the summer just gone bar Sanchez and he went to Arsenal. Now nobody comes close to Suarez (Sanchez ain't in the same League IMO and he was the best "avalaible") but strikers who you might consider to be even remotely good enough such as Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, etc etc none were avaliable. Mario was a punt by the "Commitee" it clearly was never going to work and at Club level was a terrible decision but there really was not many options.

6- I would question your judgement that any of United's signings in the summer have been real successes. Shaw and Herrera are only playing lately and making any impact, Rojo is in and out and when talking about wastes if money and getting value for money a near 80m combined on Falcao and Di Maria really ain't working out that well...

7- I do think you are one of the best general football posters on the forum and Whilst I agree in essence with your analysis of where we are currently as a club and what represents Par, your delivery on the subject at times such as in your last post does come across as trolling (whether meant or not) and not making a serious point. You may say I am just quoting facts but it clearly comes across with a sense of smugness and designed to wind some of us up. (Facts bit etc)

Shouldn't you be on the Tottenham thread....

Oh no they don't win often enough....

*sarcasm*

I know that's meant to be an insult but I don't find it to be a bad thing. Especially since I was quite a bit younger when I supported them, and it had very little to do with winning (it's not like Tottenham ever won anything when I supported them). I had a little Tottenham crush when I saw Bale dominating Inter in that one game, but since that was more of an anomaly, and I didn't find anything else in the club to connect with, it only made natural sense that I wasn't going to keep being fond of them.

I mean, who hasn't done a silly thing or two in their teenage years? Quite sure most people including you have done worse things than support the wrong football club.

Also, I like what some people have said about being gay - I'm not going to even defend against it since that would make it seem that I disapproved of it.

---

That being said, you're not going to be as good without Suarez. You can try to believe in that fantasy but it obviously has no connection to reality.

I know that's meant to be an insult but I don't find it to be a bad thing. Especially since I was quite a bit younger when I supported them' date=' and it had very little to do with winning (it's not like Tottenham ever won anything when I supported them). I had a little Tottenham crush when I saw Bale dominating Inter in that one game, but since that was more of an anomaly, and I didn't find anything else in the club to connect with, it only made natural sense that I wasn't going to keep being fond of them.

I like what some people have said about being gay - I'm not going to even defend against it since that would make it seem that I disapproved of it.[/quote']

Not an insult, if you are gunna give out sarcasm you have to be able to take it as well

Not quite sure what being Gay or anything has to do with this topic but...

There is nothing wrong with being Gay, people should be true to themselves and are entitled to be whatever they want to be. It don't hurt anybody. (Before you get angry I ain't saying you have said it's not ok to be Gay, I have no idea about your view on the topic plus it has no place on this thread anyway)

I never said we would be better without Suarez when we sold him quite the opposite, fairly obvious really.

Not an insult' date=' if you are gunna give out sarcasm you have to be able to take it as well

Not quite sure what being Gay or anything has to do with this topic but...

There is nothing wrong with being Gay, people should be true to themselves and are entitled to be whatever they want to be. It don't hurt anybody. (Before you get angry I ain't saying you have said it's not ok to be Gay, I have no idea about your view on the topic plus it has no place on this thread anyway)

I never said we would be better without Suarez when we sold him quite the opposite, fairly obvious really.[/quote']

No it was completely fine, I just thought I'd clarify it here since I see it brought up quite often. The gay comment was just brought up to reference a common saying I liked.

The Suarez bit was directed to the thread in general since there was some talk on it, I don't even know your stance on it.

Ben I ain't gunna respond to every point because I have not got the will to write such a long post but a few things to note:

3- We have been in the hunt for top four despite not having our best striker' date=' I don't think it is far fetched to say if we had A fully fit Sturridge avaliable we would have quite a few more points and be right in the mix.

4- You can't legislate for your main man being injured nearly all season, you really can't make presumptions or assumptions on what it's, Lambert was always a Plan C option for last ten mins etc and as discussed Mario was not a Rodgers signing he never wanted him.

5- There were no top strikers avaliable in the summer just gone bar Sanchez and he went to Arsenal. Now nobody comes close to Suarez (Sanchez ain't in the same League IMO and he was the best "avalaible") but strikers who you might consider to be even remotely good enough such as Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, etc etc none were avaliable. Mario was a punt by the "Commitee" it clearly was never going to work and at Club level was a terrible decision but there really was not many options.

6- I would question your judgement that any of United's signings in the summer have been real successes. Shaw and Herrera are only playing lately and making any impact, Rojo is in and out and when talking about wastes if money and getting value for money a near 80m combined on Falcao and Di Maria really ain't working out that well...

[/quote']

3- If United didn't have 50+injures, they could of been higher, It's just luck

4 - Balotelli was a Rodgers buy as Liverpool fans want another striker and Rodgers got desperate

5- BONY BONY BONY BONY - He would of got the goals

6- Signing need time to adapt and hope no more injuries

Herrera been good

Shaw been injured but now looking good, Shaw even critises himself giving himself a C- this season

Di Maria was great until the burglary situation which has affected him, hopefully he gets back into gear

Blind been ok but need to bulk up and boost his pace if to be a DM as he seems weak

Rojo been moved about, but has done a fine job at times

Falcao was a waste but got United 5 points, LVG was smart to get him on loan than buy, LVG took a risk

3- If United didn't have 50+injures' date=' they could of been higher, It's just luck

4 - Balotelli was a Rodgers buy as Liverpool fans want another striker and Rodgers got desperate

Herrera been good

Shaw been injured but now looking good, Shaw even critises himself giving himself a C- this season

Di Maria was great until the burglary situation which has affected him, hopefully he gets back into gear

Blind been ok but need to bulk up and boost his pace if to be a DM as he seems weak

Falcao was a waste but got United 5 points, LVG was smart to get him on loan than buy, LVG took a risk[/quote']

4. No he wasn't and no he didn't.

5. If Bony is so magnificent, i've seen you continually mention him, why didn't Utd buy him in stead of flushing away millions of Falcao who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

6. Nice to see you completely contradict your own views and opinions here. When it is Liverpool they have wasted money, when it is Utd the new signings need time to settle.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15117/9827209/liverpool-last-won-the-title-25-years-ago-today-but-what-has-happened-since8230

Great article from Sky Sports about Liverpool in the past 25 years.

'Liverpool have made an incredible 190 purchases at a cost of £770m in an attempt to get their hands back on the league title' date=' with many of those failing to make the grade at Anfield, part of the reason for the club’s continued league drought.'

'In the 300 months since the Reds last won the title…

Ryan Giggs made his United debut, played over 1000 games and won 34 trophies

[b']United goalkeeper David De Gea has been born[/b] and won the league himself'

Don't you love facts ;)

Never mind him, far more importantly, so was I. I am the sole reason for Liverpool's abject failures.

4. No he wasn't and no he didn't.

5. If Bony is so magnificent' date=' i've seen you continually mention him, why didn't Utd buy him in stead of flushing away millions of Falcao who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

6. Nice to see you completely contradict your own views and opinions here. When it is Liverpool they have wasted money, when it is Utd the new signings need time to settle.[/quote']

4. So Balotelli escaped from Italy and just wondered in Liverpool 1 day

5. Man Utd didn't need Bony at the time as LVG thought Rooney and RVP would do the job with Falcao helping helping out, LVG took a risk in Falcao. He knew he had just came back from serious knee injury

RVP been a shadow of himself

6. I'm not contradicting, I think all United signing have shown signs except Falcao, I just saying they all been out at some point, they need a good run of games and Blind needs to bulk up to be a DM

Never mind him' date=' far more importantly, so was I. I am the sole reason for Liverpool's abject failures.[/quote']

Can I put my name in there for a part reason for Liverpool failure, was born 5 months after Liverpool won the title

3- If United didn't have 50+injures' date=' they could of been higher, It's just luck

Herrera been good

Falcao was a waste but got United 5 points, LVG was smart to get him on loan than buy, LVG took a risk[/quote']

Good God how many times Rodgers NEVER wanted Balotelli, he was signed by the members on the transfer Commitee above his head, if you want to blame Rodgers for failed signings please do but at least let them be signings he actually wanted and made as personal choices such as Lovren and Borini.

Perhaps if we went all out in the summer we could have got Bony, but he was overpriced and don't suit our style of football, he probably in fact almost certainly would have done better than our current strikers but Then I would probably have done better.

Can't add anything to your last point Jamie ain't already said you have totally contradicted yourself.

It is not a smart move to sign a crock for a combined fee of 20m in loan fee and wages....at United it is affordable but that don't make it smart.

With all this talk about the money we've spent and how we should have won the league, in the past 5 years we are actually 4th for net spend, behind United, Chelsea and City and by a long margin, and in the past 5 years those 3 have shared the title. The team in 5th is Aston Villa.

We are roundabouts where we should be in terms of money spent. Incredible how many can compare Liverpool and Uniteds transfer spending this season, yes we both spent an incredible amount but only one of us re-couped most of that money by selling, we've only spent 38 million this season net, with that you can't really expect to be challenging for the title again, especially when the team who are 1 place ahead us spent almost triple the amount and can't crack the top two.

With all this talk about the money we've spent and how we should have won the league' date=' in the past 5 years we are actually 4th for net spend, behind United, Chelsea and City and by a long margin, and in the past 5 years those 3 have shared the title. The team in 5th is Aston Villa.

We are roundabouts where we should be in terms of money spent. Incredible how many can compare Liverpool and Uniteds transfer spending this season, yes we both spent an incredible amount but only one of us re-couped most of that money by selling, we've only spent 38 million this season net, with that you can't really expect to be challenging for the title again, especially when the team who are 1 place ahead us spent almost triple the amount and can't crack the top two.[/quote']

Jesus, are Villa really 5th? :eek:

With all this talk about the money we've spent and how we should have won the league' date=' in the past 5 years we are actually 4th for net spend, behind United, Chelsea and City and by a long margin, and in the past 5 years those 3 have shared the title. The team in 5th is Aston Villa.

We are roundabouts where we should be in terms of money spent. Incredible how many can compare Liverpool and Uniteds transfer spending this season, yes we both spent an incredible amount but only one of us re-couped most of that money by selling, we've only spent 38 million this season net, with that you can't really expect to be challenging for the title again, especially when the team who are 1 place ahead us spent almost triple the amount and can't crack the top two.[/quote']

City and Chelsea were brought out and spent the cash for the title but before that surely Title should of Won the title, even Blackburn done it

Im not comparing Liverpool and Uniteds transfer spending this season, Both needed to spend, United still can crack top 2 but luck has gone against United and LVG was brought in to fix Moyes mess and get Europe nights back and push on from there

I would not be too sure about Bony' date='the jury is still out and Liverpool would have had to spend a good bit of money to buy him,so I don't blame them for not going for Bony..[/quote']

I can't see why no Balotelli who cost £16mil and adding £4mil as I think Swansea wanted £20mil in the end

You would not think it' date='eh?[/quote']

To be fair they were doing as you'd expect with that kind of money till O'Neill left them, they were very close to breaking the Top 4. Since then though I don't think much has been invested and the stats could be misleading.

I can't see why no Balotelli who cost £16mil and adding £4mil as I think Swansea wanted £20mil in the end

Balotelli was £12 million with an added £4 million. To be fair for the price I thought we'd done a good deal, we'll probably recoup about 80 percent of that due to his age and reputation in Italy selling him back to an Italian club.