ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Balotelli was £12 million with an added £4 million. To be fair for the price I thought we'd done a good deal' date=' we'll probably recoup about 80 percent of that due to his age and reputation in Italy selling him back to an Italian club.[/quote']

Samdoria crazy Owner is rumoured to bring him back to Italy

Liverpool is a selling club - Liverpool doesn't have the money power' date=' trophies etc like others have[/quote']

This may be the most absurd thing I've read in this forum.

too true

Reina' date=' who could of still been useful - best answer I can give you lol

Downing or Adam could of been useful for Liverpool

ray 1981, your wrong, Selling club is a club that builds up players or if they don't think they can improve then sell them on and they don't always has to be the best player[/quote']

Actually no, this may be more absurd. Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

3- If United didn't have 50+injures' date=' they could of been higher, It's just luck

4 - Balotelli was a Rodgers buy as Liverpool fans want another striker and Rodgers got desperate

5- BONY BONY BONY BONY - He would of got the goals

6- Signing need time to adapt and hope no more injuries

Herrera been good

Shaw been injured but now looking good, Shaw even critises himself giving himself a C- this season

Di Maria was great until the burglary situation which has affected him, hopefully he gets back into gear

Blind been ok but need to bulk up and boost his pace if to be a DM as he seems weak

Rojo been moved about, but has done a fine job at times

Falcao was a waste but got United 5 points, LVG was smart to get him on loan than buy, LVG took a risk[/quote']

You still spent the most in the Premier League and are still going to end up in fourth. Which is one position ahead of Liverpool. Considering you spent more than 100m, shouldn't you be doing better, considering you're saying the same about Liverpool.

Yet your team lost zero good players, whereas Liverpool lost the third best player in the world. In the world.

City and Chelsea were brought out and spent the cash for the title but before that surely Title should of Won the title' date=' even Blackburn done it

Im not comparing Liverpool and Uniteds transfer spending this season, Both needed to spend, United still can crack top 2 but luck has gone against United and LVG was brought in to fix Moyes mess and get Europe nights back and push on from there[/quote']

Blackburn were considered huge spenders when they won the league. Do you think Alan Shearer was developed at Ewood Park?

And luck has not gone against Liverpool this season? Everything you speak is absolute and utter garbage. If luck hadn't gone against us, we'd have had a fit Daniel Sturridge for probably more than six games this season.

£25mil that could rise to £28mil' date=' but if a big team came around, you want to get the most out of him plus Bony was the Premier League's top scorer in the calendar year of 2014[/quote']

Please stop harping on about Wilfried Bony

These United fans clogging up the thread - spend some time on your own thread for crying out loud.

We do' date=' but as dancpoli says it's nice to see a Mod being so welcoming to discussion between club threads... good job.

Shouldn't a Mod be promoting dialogue between fans on multiple club threads?

Seems a daft thing to say.

He should be yes, but unfortunately it is plainly obvious that any view not wholly supportive of Liverpool and it's fans is not welcome on the Liverpool thread.

The The Ten Commandments seem to be...

1. Thou shalt not mention Balotelli
  2. Thou shalt not mention the departure of the savoiur Luis Suarez
  3. Thou shalt not prove fans of Liverpool FC wrong
  4. Thou shalt not blame the prophet Rodgers for the misgivings of his committee
  5. Thou shalt accept Liverpool fan's facts even if they only serve to prove that the club is worse than Manchester United
  6. Thou shalt not mention Manchester United unless thou art a fan of Liverpool FC and wish to slateth United
  7. Thou shalt not post if thou art a follower of the Red Devils
  8. Thou shalt accept all abuse from fans of Liverpool FC without riposte
  9. Thou shalt support the club and her players completely regardless of racial or biting incident
  10. Thou shalt actively discourage all posters away from Official Liverpool Thread so that it may become a haven for the delusion and bias of those who seek it.

Apparently its "banter" tho.

Certainly not United fans lording it up' date=' def not that. Its conincidence they are fans of the same club - other than Adam who who's an Everton fan, so is well placed to lay in to us after such a stella season.[/quote']

Ed, it is quite obvious that my mention of 'fact' is a reference to Rafa.

Other then that the rest of my posting is entirely serious.

What you don't like is that you were one of the people convinced that without Suarez you would be a better team and I've called you out on it.

Basically take it on the chin mate, it's harmless but only illustrating a point, that it is not good to take a blinkered view of your club regardless.

Ray has shown time and time again that he is willing to take and give criticism of his and other clubs that generally is fair. That is something IMO that makes the forum a great place.

If people, like yourself, feel it is not good for fans of other clubs to express their opinions on other clubs threads and if you feel any of my comments have broken any forum rules then by all means lets open up a discussion as to why you feel that way.

However if you think anything I have said is bad take one look at the United thread and tell me that I am being unreasonable.

It's not United fans lording it up but again you feel that way because your instant reaction is to back your club and yourself without question rather than opening yourself to friendly criticism, nothing I have said is hateful.

Cant see where i have done anything to suggest otherwise my man - just encouraging these united fans to be as outspoken on their own club thread as they are on this thread - always seems odd that Liverpool - who arent a big club and are in a long term decline now apparently seem to take up so much of United fans time and attention is all.

daft is as daft does i guess.

Read the top quote. That isn't a suggestion of an open dialogue between threads.

You're telling all United fans who have posted to leave the Liverpool thread and go back to the United thread?

Unless there is a new rule stating we are not allowed to comment on other threads that none of us are aware of?

If you look at the United thread most of the posters are outspoken about both the positives and negatives of the club and most of them accept when they are wrong or when criticism of the club is valid.

All of them put up with a lot worse too.

Also Ed sorry but you've just broken one of the commandments' date=' you can't say Liverpool aren't a big club and they definitely aren't in decline they are definitely better off without Suarez!

not sure of the issue here but i wouldnt suggest anything - i would say it, but you dont know me so wouldnt expect you to know any different of me.

If you did know me then you would know i'm all for an open forum and have no issue with folks posting where they want as long as its within forum rules.

That doesnt mean that i have to enjoy what they post anymore that it means im unable to comment on it.

Well you just did suggest something, soooo this is awkward.

If you are all for an open forum and people posting within rules, and that is your rhetoric, then I suggest you back it up by not discouraging posters like myself who operate within the guidelines from posting in this thread and sparking up debate.

You don't have to enjoy my post, I'd be surprised if you did given that your previous comments and criticism of my view might seem embarrassing in hindsight, however you don't have any right to suggest I, or any other fan, should frequent another thread instead.

If you are for open and correct posting practice what you preach (not the Ten Commandments)

Could say exactly the same of united in the past' date='didn't your team wait 25 years before their first premiership title,and suffer a relegation to boot?

Boring boring boring.[/quote']

If you wish to compare United and Liverpool then I will engage in this topic.

Completely agree, you could say that United had a very troubled period I haven't checked but if memory serves United went about 26 years between titles in their last drought era until Sir Alex came along and broke the record for most PL titles won previously held by your club Liverpool. It appears United came out of their drought at the right time. Not too bad a recovery really when all is considered.

In fact you would also be right in saying that United are in a bit of a mini drought now, due to being in transition, it has been nearly 3 years since they won the PL which is unheard of in recent history and of great disappointment to the fans of the club myself included as it seems a long time! However I would argue they are at the start of a process that will soon put an end to that drought so I am confident that within the next 3 seasons United will win the Premier League.

Liverpool however appear to be in a drought at completely the wrong time. 25 years on and the club doesn't look like a top 4 side let alone challenging for titles. Of course there is history, and historically Liverpool are a very successful club, but recent history suggests that Liverpool are becoming an altogether different beast. A club no longer part of the traditional big 4.

Now I'm not suggesting Liverpool won't ever be a top 4 side again but when I observe the clubs above them I see the following.

A Chelsea side with terrific players and arguably one of the best managers in world football, given his league record.

An Arsenal side who, despite their unerring ability to choke away titles with Wenger, have an uncanny knack to secure CL football season after season and who are not now restrained by the debt of a new stadium. They are now a club beginning to add quality ready made players to the club (Sanchez).

Manchester City, a club that while under performing and in need of investment, has so much financial backing from it's sugar daddy that as long as Mansour is around to Sheikh things up won't be looking at much less than 2nd or 3rd place for a while.

Manchester United a club that struggled immensely last season under Moyes that has since managed to all but secure top 4 with a manager that seems to have stamped his authority. They are not the finished product but have the backing financially to improve massively in the coming transfer windows.

All 4 of these sides seem to me to be in a stronger position than Liverpool who currently have more in common with Tottenham (albeit with much more history)

Utd probably 4th no trophies.

Liverpool probably 5th no trophies.

Not a great return for the biggest wage bill in the premier league.

Again I completely agree, if you have the biggest wage bill you should be looking at a title challenge but realistically United given their confidence sapping season with Moyes and period of transition the minimum expectation was top 4 which they are doing.

Next season they hope to improve further and realistically they can.

Liverpool however do not seem to be making big enough strides to do this.

He should be yes' date=' but unfortunately it is plainly obvious that any view not wholly supportive of Liverpool and it's fans is not welcome on the Liverpool thread.

The The Ten Commandments seem to be...

[*]Thou shalt not mention Balotelli

[*]Thou shalt not mention the departure of the savoiur Luis Suarez

[*]Thou shalt not prove fans of Liverpool FC wrong

[*]Thou shalt not blame the prophet Rodgers for the misgivings of his committee

[*]Thou shalt accept Liverpool fan's facts even if they only serve to prove that the club is worse than Manchester United

[*]Thou shalt not mention Manchester United unless thou art a fan of Liverpool FC and wish to slateth United

[*]Thou shalt not post if thou art a follower of the Red Devils

[*]Thou shalt accept all abuse from fans of Liverpool FC without riposte

[*]Thou shalt support the club and her players completely regardless of racial or biting incident

[*]Thou shalt actively discourage all posters away from Official Liverpool Thread so that it may become a haven for the delusion and bias of those who seek it.

I am gunna speak our for my fellow Liverpool fans. A lot of your criticism is IMO misplaced the majority of the guys on here are sensible, level headed and we know where we are...as for your list

1- Mention a Balotelli as much as you like, all the Liverpool fans have nearly all season and bar a couple the term rubbish, never gunna work, waste of money is the most used comment.

2- Lets be fair for months that is all that has been mentioned, it's time to move on.

3- Everybody gets stuff opinions on whether somebody will be a good signing etc etc wrong me and you included.

4- Blame Rodgers for the signings he made, not those made by the Commitee, some signings have been all down to him, some down to the Commitee out voting him etc etc. Mario is a case in point where he is being blamed when it ain't his fault, blame him for Lovren, Borini.

5- five European Cups to three that's a fact!! :)

6- Again unfair IMO I don't deny I despise United but I can be objective when talking about them and whilst I will never like them I do respect them as a club, I think most iverpool fans on here who post on the United thread that. I see the likes of Syn are very objective.

7- Post away nobody is worried about constructive discussion, I'm sorry but the likes of Tony who do just do things to be a WUM is not to be promoted.

8- TBH whilst I am sure it does work both ways at times lately it is just United fans posting stuff on here, I honestly can't remember a post on the United thread by a Liverpool fan in recent times being as antagonistic as some if those posted here by United fans.

9- Cheap shot Ben uncalled for and not relevant to your point.

10- Pretty sure this is much the same as 6-8.

I am gunna speak our for my fellow Liverpool fans. A lot of your criticism is IMO misplaced the majority of the guys on here are sensible' date=' level headed and we know where we are...as for your list

1- Mention a Balotelli as much as you like, all the Liverpool fans have nearly all season and bar a couple the term rubbish, never gunna work, waste of money is the most used comment.

2- Lets be fair for months that is all that has been mentioned, it's time to move on.

3- Everybody gets stuff opinions on whether somebody will be a good signing etc etc wrong me and you included.

4- Blame Rodgers for the signings he made, not those made by the Commitee, some signings have been all down to him, some down to the Commitee out voting him etc etc. Mario is a case in point where he is being blamed when it ain't his fault, blame him for Lovren, Borini.

5- five European Cups to three that's a fact!! :)

6- Again unfair IMO I don't deny I despise United but I can be objective when talking about them and whilst I will never like them I do respect them as a club, I think most iverpool fans on here who post on the United thread that. I see the likes of Syn are very objective.

7- Post away nobody is worried about constructive discussion, I'm sorry but the likes of Tony who do just do things to be a WUM is not to be promoted.

8- TBH whilst I am sure it does work both ways at times lately it is just United fans posting stuff on here, I honestly can't remember a post on the United thread by a Liverpool fan in recent times being as antagonistic as some if those posted here by United fans.

9- Cheap shot Ben uncalled for and not relevant to your point.

10- Pretty sure this is much the same as 6-8.[/quote']

Unfortunately I have to spread but I like this response.

Level headed and mature and I completely agree with all points.

Again though that satire was not aimed at yourself in any way.

Apologies for number 9, it was a bit of a cheap shot and really we should move on from that by now.

christ this is dull now, what planet do United fans think they can harp on our 'poor' season, its mentioned before about your spend of 200+ million and its currently what , moved you 3 places up the table from last season?

granted we dropped out of CL places but come on.

if 100M should have you challenging for the title according to BR, surely 200 odd Million should have you closer than 15 points adrift....

if your lot come 2nd it wont be because you had a good season, you have been terrible also, but because others have been poor too in Chelsea's wake.

Hopefully youll again be the 2nd biggest side in Manchester :D

;3089699']christ this is dull now' date=' what planet do United fans think they can harp on our 'poor' season, its mentioned before about your spend of 200+ million and its currently what , moved you 3 places up the table from last season?

if 100M should have you challenging for the title according to BR, surely 200 odd Million should have you closer than 15 points adrift....

if your lot come 2nd it wont be because you had a good season, you have been terrible also, but because others have been poor too in Chelsea's wake.

Hopefully youll again be the 2nd biggest side in Manchester :D[/quote']

Personally I don't believe Liverpool have had a poor season.

You over achieved last season and I have said all season that I don't believe you'll finish top four.

Basically, you're where you belong based on the players at your disposal.

Why people are so fixated on money spent.......it doesn't guarantee success. Based on previous transfer fees you could have purchased Torres, Luiz, Fellaini and Carroll for close to £200m. Doesn't mean you should be challenging for titles. It's about the player, not the fee.

;3089699']christ this is dull now' date=' what planet do United fans think they can harp on our 'poor' season, its mentioned before about your spend of 200+ million and its currently what , moved you 3 places up the table from last season?

Hopefully youll again be the 2nd biggest side in Manchester :D[/quote']

Earth.

Anyone can critique Liverpool's season based on their main objective for the season which was to finish in the top 4. They are incredibly unlikely to achieve this target and so objectively are failing.

The reasons behind this failure have been discussed throughout the season.

I'd rather spend £200m and move up 3 places to meet your seasonal objectives than £100m and move down 3 places outside of your seasonal objectives.

If United can afford to spend that money, which they can, and it improves their position, which it has, so that they can be more competitive in future seasons, which they could be, then to me that's progress albeit very expensive progress.

That spend was necessary as is further spending to improve a side that is in no way ready to challenge for the titles which is the normal expectation of a modern Manchester United side.

Liverpool's high expenditure as Brendan Rodgers said should make them a title challenging side, I happen to disagree with Rodger's premise however he now can be called a hypocrite and failure for not living up to his own views of football. If he thinks £100m investment for all clubs is enough to win a title, then he's a bit deluded and deserves to be criticised for taking such a simplistic view of football.

Manchester United have played awfully for about 2/3's of the season, however somehow such an awful side still sits ahead of 16 other clubs in the league and still has the potential to finish 2nd (albeit unlikely and I'd much more realistically expect 4th now) and are all but assured of their main target, to regain CL football.

We're not currently, nor ever will be the second biggest side in Manchester, we beat City in our last game very convincingly if you remember, and yourselves of course. Also if you wish to argue that City are better currently then by that same logic Liverpool cannot possibly be a big club. So you either completely discount United's incredibly superior history to City's and thus discount Liverpool's history or you accept you're just trying to unsuccessfully wind up some United fans to make yourself feel better about an abject season.

Essentially I don't understand why the majority (Ray excluded) of those who have responded to the comments today are so incapable of accepting criticism of the club especially when it is quite clearly warranted.

The difference here is that I completely accept the criticism that United haven't played well and have spent a lot of money for 4th place, but I also accept that spending was needed and that it has enabled us to hit our targets. I'm not proud of the performances nor the money spent but I am very happy to see us back in the CL spots as it will help the club attract more players next season.

I cannot say the same thing for Liverpool. They haven't played particularly well, they have spent a lot of money for 5th place, though the spending was needed, but it hasn't helped them achieve their targets this season. I therefore speaking objectively would not, were I a Liverpool fan, be happy with this season.

Personally I don't believe Liverpool have had a poor season.

You over achieved last season and I have said all season that I don't believe you'll finish top four.

Basically' date=' you're where you belong based on the players at your disposal.

Why people are so fixated on money spent.......it doesn't guarantee success. Based on previous transfer fees you could have purchased Torres, Luiz, Fellaini and Carroll for close to £200m. Doesn't mean you should be challenging for titles. It's about the player, not the fee.[/quote']

Agree with this too.

Liverpool realistically aren't a top 4 side in terms of the players available so they haven't really under performed in the eyes of those giving them realistic targets.

However the Liverpool board set the target of top 4, as did Rodgers and all season it has been understood that Liverpool FC would judge their success based on achieving a top 4 spot. So while I agree top 4 was always a big ask, ultimately it is the club that set their standards and this season Liverpool have been below standard. Hence if I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be happy with the season based on what I was told was achievable by my manager, club and players.

As for money spent again it's about what you do with it not how much you spend. United's spending helped them to all but guarantee top 4 this season, Liverpool's helped them get 5th. I know which I'd rather.

Liverpool Ins

Lambert

Can

Lallana

Markovic

Lovren

Origi

Manquillo

Moreno

Balotelli

I'm not even going to discuss prices which aren't relevant to this discussion but look at all of those players. Hand on heart I cannot say that a single one of them has looked like a top 4 player since arriving at Liverpool.

In terms of potential, Can, Markovic and Origi look to have a bit about them.

Manchester United Ins

Herrera

Shaw

Milinkovic

Rojo

Di Maria

Blind

Falcao

Again without discussing prices Herrera, Shaw and arguably Di Maria (10 assists 3 goals) would make it into most top 4 sides. Rojo and Blind would at least make very good squad additions.

At a bare minimum all the players, bar Falcao have shown glimpses of what they could do in future seasons for United. They haven't impressed enough but nobody bar Falcao has completely failed the club.

Earth.

Anyone can critique Liverpool's season based on their main objective for the season which was to finish in the top 4. They are incredibly unlikely to achieve this target and so objectively are failing.

Ask the majority of level headed LFC fans on here CL places was always going to be a push' date=' a target yes, objective no.[/b']

The reasons behind this failure have been discussed throughout the season.

I'd rather spend £200m and move up 3 places to meet your seasonal objectives than £100m and move down 3 places outside of your seasonal objectives.

If United can afford to spend that money, which they can, and it improves their position, which it has, so that they can be more competitive in future seasons, which they could be, then to me that's progress albeit very expensive progress.

That spend was necessary as is further spending to improve a side that is in no way ready to challenge for the titles which is the normal expectation of a modern Manchester United side.

Liverpool's high expenditure as Brendan Rodgers said should make them a title challenging side, I happen to disagree with Rodger's premise however he now can be called a hypocrite and failure for not living up to his own views of football. If he thinks £100m investment for all clubs is enough to win a title, then he's a bit deluded and deserves to be criticised for taking such a simplistic view of football.

Agree, just look at what 100m buys these days, a Di Maria with change for instance. In todays game 100M isnt as much as we think anymore. I do agree BR comments were cringworthy but he has history with that and needs to be taken with a pinch of salt - envelopes. We do have to accept though he is a young manager relatively speaking and still learning the game. Much alike our young side, yes BR & the players themselves faltered in several big games but they are learning as they go many having never been on this stage.

IMO our spending has yielded just as many positives though. We acquired several rough diamonds in Can, Markovic & Moreno who i believe will have long careers ahead of them, so in response to above can you not say we have also improved our position in seasons to come?. We now have a better depth in versatile young talent who can contribute years of service to the club rather than a quick fix, and add to that mix Sterling, Henderson, Ibe, Flannagan plus more to come from Lallana & Allen. Granted Balotelli & Lambert havent work but there were gambles. Balo wasnt wanted and we ran out of options (Sanchez & Remy) & Lambert was always a Plan B. For me the only real disappointment is Lovren who has flopped badly. Bought in a be a leader and build a defence on, he has wilted and made many an error this season. Hopefully next season he can sort himself out. Still, at 25 he is developing as we must agree most defenders dont peak until there 30s.

Im a far more optimistic and 'long term view' fan of Liverpool. im not calling for Brendans head nor asking a mass exodus and recruitment drive. Sure a lot of deadwood needs to go and hopefully several smarter buys can come in, another overhaul would be disruptive.

Manchester United have played awfully for about 2/3's of the season, however somehow such an awful side still sits ahead of 16 other clubs in the league and still has the potential to finish 2nd (albeit unlikely and I'd much more realistically expect 4th now) and are all but assured of their main target, to regain CL football.

Ditto, apart from the 3 month stint at the turn of the year we have been poor at the book ends of the campaign. But to be as bad as we have been & to be 50 goals shy of last season and still be 5th in a Europa place? im ok with that considering the loss of goals based on last season from Suarez and Sturridge. Lets put it like that

We're not currently, nor ever will be the second biggest side in Manchester, we beat City in our last game very convincingly if you remember, and yourselves of course. Also if you wish to argue that City are better currently then by that same logic Liverpool cannot possibly be a big club. So you either completely discount United's incredibly superior history to City's and thus discount Liverpool's history or you accept you're just trying to unsuccessfully wind up some United fans to make yourself feel better about an abject season.

Well yes it is a wind up, cant we give it back on our own thread ;)

Essentially I don't understand why the majority (Ray excluded) of those who have responded to the comments today are so incapable of accepting criticism of the club especially when it is quite clearly warranted.

Thing is the majority of the 'critiscm' / trolling is tosh therefore no wonder it wholly isnt accepted. Balo wasnt wanted by BR, Lovren seems to be mentally shot, Sturridges spent more time in rehab than on the turf, apart from those i dont know what else can be criticised that could of been done differently. Personally another season under the belt of many of our players with no distractions of Europe or pressures of reaching CL to compare with a 2nd place finish will bring them on massively. Henderson has bloomed into a fine player under Rodgers as has Sterling & this season Coutinho looks top class. I cannot wait to see more of Jordon Ibe & fully expect Emre Can to become a top player as well as Mamadou Sahko.

The difference here is that I completely accept the criticism that United haven't played well and have spent a lot of money for 4th place, but I also accept that spending was needed and that it has enabled us to hit our targets. I'm not proud of the performances nor the money spent but I am very happy to see us back in the CL spots as it will help the club attract more players next season.

I cannot say the same thing for Liverpool. They haven't played particularly well, they have spent a lot of money for 5th place, though the spending was needed, but it hasn't helped them achieve their targets this season. I therefore speaking objectively would not, were I a Liverpool fan, be happy with this season.

A lot of money but considering all sides above us invested too, heavily at that, CL was going to be tough. As a Liverpool im content, but not unhappy enough to organise a protest or fly a plane over Anfield

hopefully next season is full of bouncebackability

Agree with this too.

Liverpool realistically aren't a top 4 side in terms of the players available so they haven't really under performed in the eyes of those giving them realistic targets.

However the Liverpool board set the target of top 4' date=' as did Rodgers and all season it has been understood that Liverpool FC would judge their success based on achieving a top 4 spot. So while I agree top 4 was always a big ask, ultimately it is the club that set their standards and this season Liverpool have been below standard. Hence if I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be happy with the season based on what I was told was achievable by my manager, club and players.

As for money spent again it's about what you do with it not how much you spend. United's spending helped them to all but guarantee top 4 this season, Liverpool's helped them get 5th. I know which I'd rather.

[u']Liverpool Ins[/u]

Lambert

Can

Lallana

Markovic

Lovren

Origi

Manquillo

Moreno

Balotelli

I'm not even going to discuss prices which aren't relevant to this discussion but look at all of those players. Hand on heart I cannot say that a single one of them has looked like a top 4 player since arriving at Liverpool.

In terms of potential, Can, Markovic and Origi look to have a bit about them.

Manchester United Ins

Herrera

Shaw

Milinkovic

Rojo

Di Maria

Blind

Falcao

Again without discussing prices Herrera, Shaw and arguably Di Maria (10 assists 3 goals) would make it into most top 4 sides. Rojo and Blind would at least make very good squad additions.

At a bare minimum all the players, bar Falcao have shown glimpses of what they could do in future seasons for United. They haven't impressed enough but nobody bar Falcao has completely failed the club.

So you bought 6 'proven' players to secure 4th, whilst we have recruited 9 players, half of which are prospects with potential who in there first unproven season helped us so far to 5th, not to bad id say.

The majority werent even proven players in pro football with little gametime in there careers (Can, Markovic, Moreno, Manquillo) so of course they arent looking Top 4 quality yet :confused:

Origi was hardly worth a mention as he is parked at Lille.

You can keep Blind and Rojo.

Id say only Balotelli failed the club, and the club didnt really want him. Lambert didnt get a fair crack did he so unfair to label him a failure.

I dont know what the argument here is to be fair. Both clubs spent big, some more than others, both should be getting more for their buck though that should be agreed, but when ever has every signing a club made in any given window all worked out?

;3089733']So you bought 6 'proven' players to secure 4th' date=' whilst we have recruited 9 players, half of which are prospects with potential who in there first unproven season helped us so far to 5th, not to bad id say.

The majority werent even proven players in pro football with little gametime in there careers (Can, Markovic, Moreno, [b']Manquillo[/b]) so of course they arent looking Top 4 quality yet :confused:

Origi was hardly worth a mention as he is parked at Lille.

You can keep Blind and Rojo.

Id say only Balotelli failed the club, and the club didnt really want him. Lambert didnt get a fair crack did he so unfair to label him a failure.

I dont know what the argument here is to be fair. Both clubs spent big, some more than others, both should be getting more for their buck though that should be agreed, but when ever has every signing a club made in any given window all worked out?

What is the story on Manquillo, can Atletico still recall him in the summer?

;3089728']

Ask the majority of level headed LFC fans on here CL places was always going to be a push' date=' a target yes, objective no.

[/quote']

Don't make me laugh.

Was there a single Liverpool fan on this forum who did not predict they would finish in the top 4 and above United this season?

Were Liverpool fans not crawling around in the United thread in September giving out dire predictions about our season and how they had the better squad?

Were Liverpool fans on this forum not predicting they'd glide through the CL group after the draw was made?

Were United fans on this thread not dismissed when they painstakingly pointed out that Balotelli was a crap signing no matter how much you spent on him? I believe Ray was the only one to say otherwise. The rest were happy enough to get on the bandwagon on how it was a superb signing for 16m.

Were people who pointed out that Liverpool would be up the crap creek were Sturridge to get injured for any amount of time not dismissed? There was a reason people laughed when you replaced Suarez with Lambert and Balotelli. Everton's back 4 have scored more than your strikers and tells it's story.

Were Liverpool fans not giddy at the prospect of Lovren signing for 20m (lol)? This despite him having about half a decent season at Southampton and being practically chased out of Lyon before that because he was complete garbage.

This is not a criticism before everyone jumps on me. People get things wrong all the time. I sure as hell did not think we'd finish outside the top 4 last season. But stop pretending all Liverpool fans were very down to earth or something at the start of the season now that it has all gone belly up. When you make crap predictions get prepared to be called out on it. Don't cry about how "mean and arrogant" United fans are.

As for Rodgers, he has repeatedly said, he has the final say on any signing that's made by Liverpool. Why ignore that? And if you're going to give him no criticism for the Balotelli signing then he should get zero credit for Coutinho and Sturridge who were both signed by fabled Transfer Committee. You can't have it both ways. Overall, Rodgers has been a spectacular failure in the transfer market.

These United fans clogging up the thread - spend some time on your own thread for crying out loud.

You obviously don't spent time on the Unied thread so you have no idea how it gets clogged by non United fans. Perhaps spending a little more time in there and you will see' date=' it's more clogged from non United supporters then any other thread. :rolleyes:[/color']

Its more like banter rather then being arrogance

Of course it is my fellow United fan. Yet' date=' when it's given to us, we take it on the chin, no sulking or being sensitive in our thread.[/color']

I'd've hoped you'd be able to detect the silly tone of my post...

It was arrogant of Liverpool fans to not seriously consider the implications of losing Suarez and assume they would be better without him.

Aparantly everyone is allowe to dish it out on the United thread but not on here... ;)

Im not sure why that is. We are constantly getiting clogged in our thread and things said to us' date=' but when we do it they get so upset.[/color']

Liverpool has been poor and I'm gonna continue to say Liverpool did a Spurs with the Suarez money

Liverpool were a joke in Europe' date=' resting £100mil talent on the bench in games

I will wonder how Remy failed medical or how you didn't get in Bony but Liverpool got desperate and got Balotelli - That's Bite Liverpool on the ....

Didn't Rodgers or Liverpool knew Balotelli was bad with his time at City and rumour has it Liverpool want Falcao - Has Liverpool got eyes

Sterling getting too big for his boots and believing he the star

Liverpool has to fight for Europa with Southampton and Spurs

Liverpool - Qpr, Chelsea, Palace, Stoke

Spurs - City, Stoke, Hull, Everton

Southampton - Sunderland, Leicester, Villa, City[/quote']

Best post in the thread all season.

not sure of the issue here but i wouldnt suggest anything - i would say it' date=' but you dont know me so wouldnt expect you to know any different of me.

If you did know me then you would know i'm all for an open forum and have no issue with folks posting where they want as long as its within forum rules.

That doesnt mean that i have to enjoy what they post anymore that it means im unable to comment on it.[/quote']

We have been posting within the forum rules. Has anyone broken any forum rules? We are discussing how poor and dismal Liverpools season has been. If you are for an open forum, why are you saying United supporters are clogging up the thread? :confused:

Hey well looks like people actually read what I said. Haven't been on this thread for 24 hours and amongst the 5 pages I've missed somehow people started defending why it's okay to be gay. (Not that I myself have a problem with gay people just find it amusing that the topic went from Liverpool to that.)

And might I add yes I am the CEO of the #YouLotWeStand campaign but look at what Tony has just said here responding to Raahizar's comment on banter. "Of course it is my fellow United fan. Yet, when it's given to us, we take it on the chin, no sulking or being sensitive in our thread."

Ha! A couple of weeks ago you started moaning about name calling. Take it on the chin my bottom.

Also to add to your point about our season being "poor and dismal" tony. Yes it started off poo and has collapsed in the last month but even you admitted you were worried about us at one stage.

If you don't want to endure so much "sulking or being sensitive" maybe you shouldn't be so hypocritical.