ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Mr reliable from the spot misses 1 pen and now he can't do it anymore? Get a grip...
He is past his best' date='but god some fans have short memories,he is a club legend afterall..[/quote']

Didn't expect the Chelsea fan to bite ;)

If you can't laugh at this end to the season then you'll have cry

How a few minutes make such a difference. When Gerrard missed I was just like some of you fickle lot in cursing him out. Thank god he scored and kept my Acca alive :P

It sickens me to see how fickle some fans are, the way some fans speak about Stevie now is disgusting, he is our captain, our leader and arguably the greatest player ever to play for this club and won us numerous trophies on his own.

A lifelong player who has dedicated his carrer to Liverpool, we should never forget.

Easiest person bar Rodgers to call out time and time again.

Decent win not great first twenty minutes but dominated the game after that and should have had it wrapped up well before the equalised, got the win in the end even if it really amounts to very little in real terms.

Best bit was I am twenty odd points clear in my telegraph fantasy league and the bloke in second has two Liverpool defenders so ideal we won but conceded as well :P

Twelve years I have been in this League at work, surely this year!! (Spoken like a true Liverpool fan!! :P)

It sickens me to see how fickle some fans are' date=' the way some fans speak about Stevie now is disgusting, he is our captain, our leader and arguably the greatest player ever to play for this club and won us numerous trophies on his own.

A lifelong player who has dedicated his carrer to Liverpool, we should never forget.

Decent win not great first twenty minutes but dominated the game after that and should have had it wrapped up well before the equalised, got the win in the end even if it really amounts to very little in real terms.

Best bit was I am twenty odd points clear in my telegraph fantasy league and the bloke in second has two Liverpool defenders so ideal we won but conceded as well :P

Twelve years I have been in this League at work, surely this year!! (Spoken like a true Liverpool fan!! :P)[/quote']

Agree 100% with the Gerrard stuff..

I find it simply incredible how we just simply gave up having a run for the Top 4 in these last few performances. Uniteds results have made this an even more frustrating end to the season. Had we got the result at West Brom and Hull we'd be 4th now. :rolleyes:

I find it simply incredible how we just simply gave up having a run for the Top 4 in these last few performances. Uniteds results have made this an even more frustrating end to the season. Had we got the result at West Brom and Hull we'd be 4th now. :rolleyes:

And had United win at Chelsea,Everton and today's game,we'll have no chance left to get 4th :rolleyes:

ya Liverpool made it easy for Man U to be honest..

But we aren't as bad as some people,even the fans here or other place,made out. In the league,perhaps the unforgivable result recently is only against Hull. We were beaten against United,but Gerrard's redcard never help,we were completely outclassed by top form Arsenal,and as we look with United today,it's hard to break WBA defence.Even in last week at home,they seem don't want to score ,and that makes it even harder for our frontline.

Even for some people to have a thought to create that banner is stupid. Rodgers need to be given support and i think it's realistic enough if people predict we'll be 4 point off 4th place in the beginning of season. Rodgers hasn't underachieved yet people still think this is the same team with Suarez

But we aren't as bad as some people' date='even the fans here or other place,made out. In the league,perhaps the unforgivable result recently is only against Hull. We were beaten against United,but Gerrard's redcard never help,we were completely outclassed by top form Arsenal,and as we look with United today,it's hard to break WBA defence.Even in last week at home,they seem don't want to score ,and that makes it even harder for our frontline.

Even for some people to have a thought to create that banner is stupid. Rodgers need to be given support and i think it's realistic enough if people predict we'll be 4 point off 4th place in the beginning of season. Rodgers hasn't underachieved yet people still think this is the same team with Suarez[/quote']

No he overachieved last season,even if they had Suarez this season,I don't think they would have done as well this season.Still alot of ordinary players at Liverpool,imo.

Chelsea are way ahead of the pack,but even they have one or two ordinary players imo.

No he overachieved last season' date='even if they had Suarez this season,I don't think they would have done as well this season.Still alot of ordinary players at Liverpool,imo.

Chelsea are way ahead of the pack,but even they have one or two ordinary players imo.[/quote']

That's true,that's why it makes some of our 'fans' attitude even more pathetic. Even with Suarez last season,we overachieved as runner up.

We have hit a good form in the start of 2015 and i think Lucas' injury slightly take the good momentum away from us. Apart from Chelsea,i think everyone in the top 5 have some rough patch this season. But,we are getting more spotlight because Gerrard's red card in United game and suddenly some of our 'fans' now scapegoating Rodgers and Gerrard everytime things go wrong

It sickens me to see how fickle some fans are' date=' the way some fans speak about Stevie now is disgusting, he is our captain, our leader and arguably the greatest player ever to play for this club and won us numerous trophies on his own.

Twelve years I have been in this League at work, surely this year!! (Spoken like a true Liverpool fan!! :P)[/quote']

Even though I was just poking a bit of fun I have to agree.

I have found it quite astounding if i'm honest, some of the comments as soon as things haven't gone as last year.

Not happy with this.....! I'm going in. I want at least 120k ???? pic.twitter.com/IXf4oDKJZx

— Jonathan walters (@JonWalters19) April 3' date=' 2015

:P[/quote']

That's class! :P

But, it shocks me how journalists and editors can make grammatical mistakes for a paper like the Mirror. :confused: Seriously. Less goals? Are you kidding me? Fewer goals. :rolleyes:

That's class! :P

But' date=' it shocks me how journalists and editors can make grammatical mistakes for a paper like the Mirror. :confused: Seriously. Less goals? Are you kidding me? Fewer goals. :rolleyes:[/quote']

It's Daily Mail

Urmmmmm.... :o

If we'd beaten West Brom and Hull we'd be in the top 4 :mad: Oh well' date=' at least there's still a tiny bit of hope.[/quote']

But the thing is you didn't hence you don't deserve it.

If we had beaten West Brom and Everton then we would have sealed our top-4 spot. All a case of 'ifs'.

But the thing is you didn't hence you don't deserve it.

If we'd beaten West Brom and Hull we'd be in the top 4 :mad: Oh well' date=' at least there's still a tiny bit of hope.[/quote']

Pretty sure we can't buy our own player mate.
No' date=' but he asked if you would sell him :confused:[/quote']

Seems like the point I was trying to make didn't reached any of you. :o

Moving on. :o:p

Re; Benteke earlier.

Ideally if Newcastle or by any stretch Villa going down' date=' would like us to get our hands on Benteke and Siem de Jong (seems to be plagued with injuries often tho), that along with Origi would set us up nicely upfront. Not totally convinced on Janmaat or Delph, but still worth looking into.

Forward, DM, Right-back and GK is a must and obviously preferring first teamer here, so;

[b']Forward[/b] with the ilk of Sturridge - that can lead the line and scores goal and create chances.

DM that can give competition to Lucas (or be his replacement) or at least outcast Allen into the bench.

Right-back that can be straight into the team, considering Manquillo would not have any future here despite having another 1 year in his contract, and injuries to Flanno. Or is it Wisdom time?

GK that have no problem giving competition to Mignolet and the same time would not mind sitting on bench.

CB would be ace, but expecting one of Ilori or Wisdom to be here next season.

There should be enough money to spend transfer fee and wages wise, the rumors transfer chest along with ton (I expect) to left the club next - Gerrard, Johnson, Aspas, Luis Alberto, Borini, Coates, Lucas (?), Balotelli (?), Enrique (?) and by some miracle 50M from Sterling sell.

Only problem is how the club plan to do this upcoming transfer windows, the same or trying something new.

Got a feeling that however the club dealing with Johnson's contract situation would give us a proper indication on how we, fans should expect our summer transfer windows this season.