ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Wisdom isnt good enough, got a lot of game time under Irvine but not got a look in under Pulis and Baggies fans gave him a lot of stick earlier in the season. He's OK defensively but woeful with the ball.

Wisdom isnt good enough' date=' got a lot of game time under Irvine but not got a look in under Pulis and Baggies fans gave him a lot of stick earlier in the season. He's OK defensively but woeful with the ball.[/quote']

I dont rate Wisdom, seen enough this season to say he won't be good enough for us. Illori on the other hand I rate massively and he's impressed on both his loan spells since arriving at Liverpool, I think next season could definitely be a break out for him if Rodgers decides to keep him.

Hope we keep Lambert as well, good performance yesterday and with Gerrard leaving it'd be nice to keep a local lad at the club, plus he's not a bad plan C.

Great to see us look like a threat on corners for once ads wel, Lovrens been impressive recently as well so hopefully he takes this through to next season.

Wisdom isnt good enough' date=' got a lot of game time under Irvine but not got a look in under Pulis and Baggies fans gave him a lot of stick earlier in the season. He's OK defensively but woeful with the ball.[/quote']

I'm afraid you are true. RB should be interesting position to fill in the summer. Not much good RB around in the market,especially if we are looking for bargain. With Johnson most likely gone, Manquillo never get a look in since 2015, RB should be the priority in the summer. Realistically though,who people think we can get at that position and will improve us?

I'm afraid you are true. RB should be interesting position to fill in the summer. Not much good RB around in the market' date='especially if we are looking for bargain. With Johnson most likely gone, Manquillo never get a look in since 2015, RB should be the priority in the summer. Realistically though,who people think we can get at that position and will improve us?[/quote']

I'd personally love Clyne but the fee would be huge and I imagine United would get him. With Burnley going down Kieran Trippier could be a good shout he shouldn't cost too much either. We've been linked heavily with Alves on a free but I can't see him coming to us without Champions League and I can't see us paying his wages. Darmian maybe?

I'd personally love Clyne but the fee would be huge and I imagine United would get him. With Burnley going down Kieran Trippier could be a good shout he shouldn't cost too much either. We've been linked heavily with Alves on a free but I can't see him coming to us without Champions League and I can't see us paying his wages. Darmian maybe?

Yes,Clyne likely will end up at United. Alves could be good short term gap,but had a feeling he might end up at PSG. Not too sure about Trippier. Darmian is risk worth taking for me personally. I've heard link about Mario Gaspar from Villareal too,wouldn't mind him for the right price

Gaspar and Darmian could be good players for us. Could also flop but that's the same with basically any player anyway. Neither would be overly expensive and both still in their earlier years.

I heard that in recent weeks Illori's form had been getting worse and worse.

Brad Jones 'furious' with Liverpool after doing a U-turn on his contract, he'll be leaving the club in the summer.

Let us be honest he's been very lucky to have lasted this long. :P

Edit; Couple of interesting things being discussed on Koptalk, I know Duncan has sources from Brad Jones camp and confirmed his start against Manchester United a week before. He says Brad Jones camp believe that Liverpool have approached Petr Cech but can't confirm anything. Though Rodgers has noted he highly rates Danny Ward.

United signing Depay after we held talks two weeks ago' date=' shock horror :rolleyes:[/quote']

out of curiosity why the :rolleyes:

players to come from Dutch league in recent times to Premiership and succeed i can count on a fork.

Too expensive a risk.

;3092343']out of curiosity why the :rolleyes:

players to come from Dutch league in recent times to Premiership and succeed i can count on a fork.

Too expensive a risk.

Yeah but not all those players score 20+ goals as a teenager and impress at the world cup prior to that. How can we pay 25m for Lallana, 35m for Carroll (I could go on), but not fork out a similar amount for one of the hottest prospects going around.

Yet again for whatever reason we try to be too clever for our own good and stall on a price for our top target, before another team swoops right in before our eyes. It should be pointed out too that it's not about Depay rejecting us because it's the fee that's been agreed not the contract.

Meanwhile Arsenal are reportedly closing in on Schneiderlin, while we are agreeing a fee for a 17 year old playing in the third division in Portugal.

;3092343']out of curiosity why the :rolleyes:

Too expensive a risk.

Missing out on a player who was a main target to a premier league rival after we publicly courted him is just very unsurprising.

Whether a risk or not it really shows the position of the club that we can't compete or complete signings of players we are publicly after. We were just named the 8th most valuable club in the world.

Can't wait to miss out on Depay and Benteke and sign Milner and Ings.

the Paulinho kid?

Yeah but not all those players score 20+ goals as a teenager and impress at the world cup prior to that. How can we pay 25m for Lallana' date=' 35m for Carroll (I could go on), but not fork out a similar amount for one of the hottest prospects going around.

Yet again for whatever reason we try to be too clever for our own good and stall on a price for our top target, before another team swoops right in before our eyes. It should be pointed out too that it's not about Depay rejecting us because it's the fee that's been agreed not the contract.

Meanwhile Arsenal are reportedly closing in on Schneiderlin, while we are agreeing a fee for a 17 year old playing in the third division in Portugal.[/quote']

LOL poor Liverpool XD

That's the one. Fair enough he's supposedly highly rated' date=' but we're not exactly in short supply of young attacking players. Whereas there has been a bit of a problem with the quality of players on the pitch this season.[/quote']

Liverpool needs to find players as it looks like Jones, Johnson, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Balotelli going and doubt on Sktrel, Lucas and Lambert

Will Sturridge stay fit after hip injury? wait n see

Oh well, ll I know is next season will be about Sterling saga, going for free or staying

Liverpool needs to find players as it looks like Jones' date=' Johnson, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Balotelli going and doubt on Sktrel, Lucas and Lambert

Will Sturridge stay fit after hip injury? wait n see

[b']Oh well, ll I know is next season will be about Sterling saga, going for free or staying[/b]

What?.......

If Liverpool keep Sterling this summer and there no contract extension' date=' then it will be all about him next year, Staying or going for free[/quote']

Contract runs till 2017, you can guarantee that the profit hungry FSG won't let him go for free, if he stalls on a contract in summer he'll be gone to the highest bidder.

So what? You are talking like Depay has already proven himself in the EPL which he hasn't.

It's not as if Lallana has proven himself either particularly for £25 Million mind you. One good season at Southampton and were throwing £25 Million ala Stewart Downing. We consistently throw top money on players who thrive at average clubs domestic clubs. Carroll Downing Lallana.

Just proves that the muppets owning the club know nothing about football. If the owners can not trust Brendan Rodgers to solely sign players then sack him and disband the committee and appoint Klopp.

I doubt they would even go for Klopp as they have got the perfect yes man in Brendan Rodgers.

We finish 2nd last season and the best signing we can secure is Lallana. FSG have shown us so far they have no intention of competing in the transfer market. 'The whole buy wonder kids develop them and sell them' will only get you so far as we shall see with Sterling.

It's not as if Lallana has proven himself either particularly for £25 Million mind you. One good season at Southampton and were throwing £25 Million ala Stewart Downing. We consistently throw top money on players who thrive at average clubs domestic clubs. Carroll Downing Lallana.

Just proves that the muppets owning the club know nothing about football. If the owners can not trust Brendan Rodgers to solely sign players then sack him and disband the committee and appoint Klopp.

I doubt they would even go for Klopp as they have got the perfect yes man in Brendan Rodgers.

We finish 2nd last season and the best signing we can secure is Lallana. FSG have shown us so far they have no intention of competing in the transfer market. 'The whole buy wonder kids develop them and sell them' will only get you so far as we shall see with Sterling.

Adam Lallana was fantastic last season. He was by far Southampton's best player, and he was in the team of the season, and is a proven player. We did overspend for Lallana, but he is a good player in every right.

Of course the owners know nothing about football, they own a bloody baseball team. But look at the success he's had at the Red Sox in the dozen years he's owned the team. They've won three World Series (after suffering a 85 year drought) and been one of the best teams in the MLB. The owners know what they're doing.

And, who else would we have been able to buy anyway? And would you honestly rather have Hicks and Gillett in charge rather than Henry?