ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I am not an FSG fan. I am a Liverpool fan. Just as Manchester United fans are not Glazer fans but are Manchester United Fans. We as fans have the right to hold our owners to account. Just as Arsenal fans have been venting their frustration for years due to a lack of ambition over the last few years.

Your just one of those fans who thinks its Blasphemous to even scrutinise the direction in which our club is going.

But in your estimation FSG is not responsible for anything. They are not responsible for allocating a transfer budget. They are not responsible for forming a Transfer Committee. They are not responsible for hiring Brendan Rodgers.

Whether you like it or not the buck stops with the owners. Just as us Liverpool fans hold Hicks and Gillet responsible for the clubs decline' date=' the owners are just as responsible for achieving success at the club.

You have not raised a single point that provides any sort of support that their money ball approach is working.[/quote']

Yes of course I am....

FSG has its failings just like all owners but they have also done a lot of extremely positive things Revenues, commercials incomes are far superior to before, the stadium development is actually being done and they are funding it by themselves via an interest free loan and that is the single biggest development to allowing us to try to compete with the others.

The wage bill is under control and the clubs finances and long term future are looking good compare the situation to that they inherited and I dont think any sane fan can say that they have been bad owners.

In terms of recruitment yes it has been hit and miss, but they have provided funds a very decent amount whether that has been spent well or not is a different question. Recruitment in essence is always risky, if you hit 1 in 2/3 signings that turn out to be successes in a real sense that is a pretty good hit rate.

You always seem to make out it is easy to fund transfer, but it aint just exorbatant transfer fees, but wages that have to be funded not to mention we are not the draw we once were you can live in this cuckoo land where you might think we can get the likes of Cavani etc but we cant afford to match the wages others can pay and the teams we are competing at for these players most of the time are ESTABLISHED champions league sides something we cannot claim to be.

I also have no problem with them hiring Rodgers who is a very good coach, I just cant stand people like you who when things are going well disappear and then when the proverbial starts hitting the fan start talking like your word is gospel on the situation.

What i can say in all certainty is that the vast majority of the fan base will disagree with you. I think the majority of the fan base will be very happy with FSG.

As for the season of course I would have wanted more, but realistically where did I think we would finish this season it was 5th and thats where we are....I dont think we are underachieveing giving our current squad/resources id say we are par in terms of the league.

I'm sorry,but people praising Depay signing for United shouldn't criticize Liverpool for 'not signing big names' when they qualify to CL. Granted United may sign other names next season,but Depay signing is really similar to Markovic signing. Young player,high potential with big fee. Depay position isn't really what we should focus on anyway so not too fussed if we miss him

I am not an FSG fan. I am a Liverpool fan. Just as Manchester United fans are not Glazer fans but are Manchester United Fans. We as fans have the right to hold our owners to account. Just as Arsenal fans have been venting their frustration for years due to a lack of ambition over the last few years.

Your just one of those fans who thinks its Blasphemous to even scrutinise the direction in which our club is going.

But in your estimation FSG is not responsible for anything. They are not responsible for allocating a transfer budget. They are not responsible for forming a Transfer Committee. They are not responsible for hiring Brendan Rodgers.

Whether you like it or not the buck stops with the owners. Just as us Liverpool fans hold Hicks and Gillet responsible for the clubs decline' date=' the owners are just as responsible for achieving success at the club.

You have not raised a single point that provides any sort of support that their money ball approach is working.[/quote']

There's a difference between scrutinising the direction of the club and getting so caught up trying to be opionated that you don't see how silly you look to everybody else.

May I ask you which owners funded the signing of Suarez. Yes he's gone now, but how much profit did we make on him. Okay so perhaps those funds we made weren't allocated as well as they could've been. Is it the owners choosing which players are bought, or are they the ones funding the deals? You talk about the club heading in the wrong direction, yet since they've come in, as our average age has gone down our average league position is higher than the 7th place finishing we had under Benitez and the abomination Hodgson had us in.

In your previous post you talk about the moneyball tactic not giving us players many players with potential to be great. Emre Can has been one of our better performers at times this season and he's only 21! Okay so he hasn't always been that consistent, but he hasn't even been playing in his natural position. Markovic has struggled, but surely you witnessed him tear apart Sunderland. If that's not 'potential' then what are you expecting from the owners. He's only 21 as well and I'm more than happy to give him the time to find that form again.

We can talk all day about the moneyball tactic, but you can't say we haven't tried to sign top quality players. Sanchez chose Arsenal over us. Can you blame him? A team that boasts attractive football, much more consistency when it comes to league position in the league, and a manager vastly more experience than Rodgers. We wanted Diego Costa. He was playing for a team in the champions league (at the time we weren't), and he went on to win the league.

You keep convincing yourself that FSG is the cause of all our problems. You're never on this thread when results are going our way, but as soon as we stutter a bit you think you've got all the answers. You probably wanted us to sign Falcao before the start of this season because he was 'proven quality'. Yeah he's been fantastic. Di Maria? Can't even get into the team ahead of Ashley Young.

Howabout you run our club you'd be great.

Depay visit Anfield headquarters - Rodgers say he wasn't after him' date=' Rodgers is a joke[/quote']

Thanks.

There's a difference between scrutinising the direction of the club and getting so caught up trying to be opionated that you don't see how silly you look to everybody else.

May I ask you which owners funded the signing of Suarez. Yes he's gone now' date=' but how much profit did we make on him. Okay so perhaps those funds we made weren't allocated as well as they could've been. Is it the owners choosing which players are bought, or are they the ones funding the deals? You talk about the club heading in the wrong direction, yet since they've come in, as our average age has gone down our average league position is higher than the 7th place finishing we had under Benitez and the abomination Hodgson had us in.

In your previous post you talk about the moneyball tactic not giving us players many players with potential to be great. Emre Can has been one of our better performers at times this season and he's only 21! Okay so he hasn't always been that consistent, but he hasn't even been playing in his natural position. Markovic has struggled, but surely you witnessed him tear apart Sunderland. If that's not 'potential' then what are you expecting from the owners. He's only 21 as well and I'm more than happy to give him the time to find that form again.

We can talk all day about the moneyball tactic, but you can't say we haven't tried to sign top quality players. Sanchez chose Arsenal over us. Can you blame him? A team that boasts attractive football, much more consistency when it comes to league position in the league, and a manager vastly more experience than Rodgers. We wanted Diego Costa. He was playing for a team in the champions league (at the time we weren't), and he went on to win the league.

You keep convincing yourself that FSG is the cause of all our problems. You're never on this thread when results are going our way, but as soon as we stutter a bit you think you've got all the answers. You probably wanted us to sign Falcao before the start of this season because he was 'proven quality'. Yeah he's been fantastic. Di Maria? Can't even get into the team ahead of Ashley Young.

Howabout you run our club you'd be great.

Thanks.[/quote']

Im talking upon the basis of fact. Your speaking on the basis of opinion that bears little foundation when taking in to consideration all the facts.

Did FSG install the transfer committee ?

Are FSG responsible for allocating a transfer budget?

Or did the Transfer Committee just appear out of thin air ?

Of course let me apologise for appearing blasphemous about our owners particularly when this transfer committee has splurged £200 million on transfers since Rodgers has arrived. Its obvious that you have no idea about the concept of accountability and performance. When you have such a high failure rate of the transfer committee it really is like placing a square peg in a round whole.

Can granted, but Markovic showing potential upon ripping up the mighty Sunderland, particularly when he cost £20 million? Are you serious ? Thats perhaps the most nonsensical statement I have heard so far. Thats taking in to consideration that both Suarez and Depay cost around £22 Million each with both of those players having far superior pedigree than Markovic.

I guess our well documented failings in the transfer market is all in my head. I guess our so called legends are also deluded who have time and time again called for this transfer committee to be disbanded.

But your right, I should just bury my head in the sand and dare not question our failures under FSG. Its considered blasphemous to even suggest that they have failed in regards to player recruitment.:rolleyes:

And so what If am not a regular poster on this thread ? I pointed out pre season that Lallana and Markovic are sub average players and there is nothing to suggest that this has been disapproved as we draw near to the end of the season.

Im talking upon the basis of fact. Your speaking on the basis of opinion that bears little foundation when taking in to consideration all the facts.

Of course let me apologise for appearing blasphemous about our owners particularly when this transfer committee has splurged £200 million on transfers since Rodgers has arrived. Its obvious that you have no idea about the concept of accountability and performance. When you have such a high failure rate of the transfer committee it really is like placing a square peg in a round whole.

Can granted' date=' but Markovic showing potential upon ripping up the mighty Sunderland, particularly when he cost £20 million? Are you serious ? Thats perhaps the most nonsensical statement I have heard so far. Thats taking in to consideration that both Suarez and Depay cost around £22 Million each with both of those players having far superior pedigree than Markovic.

I guess our well documented failings in the transfer market is all in my head. I guess our so called legends are also deluded who have time and time again called for this transfer committee to be disbanded.

But your right, I should just bury my head in the sand and dare not question our failures under FSG. Its considered blasphemous to even suggest that they have failed in regards to player recruitment.:rolleyes:

And so what If am not a regular poster on this thread ? I pointed out pre season that Lallana and Markovic are sub average players and there is nothing to suggest that this has been disapproved as we draw near to the end of the season.[/quote']

I am not going to bother. You're telling me my argument is based on opinion and yours facts.

"And so what If am not a regular poster on this thread ?" - I never said there's anything wrong with not being a regular poster. There's nothing wrong with not posting at all. What I said was you only show up when we have a bad run of results and dissappear after you get absolutely slaughtered by everyone else.

"I pointed out pre season that Lallana and Markovic are sub average players and there is nothing to suggest that this has been disapproved as we draw near to the end of the season." Tell me how this statement is not one based on opinion. Tell me. I am dying to know. (Not actually).

Our owners are financially astute owners but there are several question marks in regards to their ambition to compete at the top. Remember the infamous Tom Werner speech ' We have the resources to compete with anybody'. So far the clubs transfer dealings have suggested the contrary.

Of course they want to compete at the top. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. It is by competing at the top that a team earns the most amount of money' date=' so if they wouldn't, then that would be alarming, but this is absolutely not the case.

Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa, Willian, Mkhi, Salah, Dempsey, Konoplayanka is just a handful of examples that disproves Tom Werner's proposition that we have the resources to compete with anyone.

We have tried to sign them, and they chose other clubs. It's not like the transfer committee rejected signing them. We lost out to Dortmund for a player, he wanted to play in the CL, that's fair enough isn't it. And losing out to Chelsea is not really that much of a surprise, considering their financial backing and their consistent performances?

A young team oozing potential ?

Granted Coutinho and Sterling have the potential to be great, throw in Henderson [Maybe] I cant think of any other player that has the potential to be potentially a great player.

Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Ibe, Markovic, Can, Sakho. These are all talented players who have the potential to be fantastic footballers in their own right. Perhaps not world class, but the first three do have huge potential.

Furthermore there is no guarantee that this 'Money Ball approach' of signing young players of high resale value will bear any sort of sustained success at the top of the game.

Granted Dortmund and Atletico have found recent success with a focus on player development with a hard drive for bargain, neither club however is capable of long term success.

Dortmund despite all their plaudits have been suspect to losing a star player each year. Sahin, Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski. Atletico lost crucial players to chelsea despite winning the title.

Yes, but what else do you want us to do? Spend 100m on three players, break all FFP rules and all hell breaks lose again? We can't afford to do that. We simply do not have the resources.

And teams like Dortmund and Atletico are the models we should be following. They've been extremely successful in recent times with fantastic managers like Klopp and Simeone and unearthed some fantastic talents.

At the end of the day even if you are capable of unearthing and developing gems our wage structure will ultimately see those players leave as soon as they reach their prime.

And for those fans who are debating whether Depay is worth £22 Million remember that our infamous transfer committee spent £20 Million on a player who hasn't even scored 10 goals in Portugal.

Apparently, Depay's transfer fee is actually closer to 30m from what BBC Sport is reporting. Yes, we overpaid for Lazar Markovic, but give him a few years. I remember every single fan (me included) was complaining about Jordan Henderson, but he's turned out to be a fine player, has he not?

I think it's blasphemous that you're criticising for the sake of criticising. You just want to blame someone. You need to look at the long term picture here' date=' you're being extremely close minded and refusing to see that there is a chance that this could work out very well. And comparing FSG to the Glazers is absolutely ridiculous. They are nothing alike. All you have to do is to take a look at the American sports franchises. While the Boston Red Sox have won three titles, the Tampa Bay Bucs were the worst team in the NFL last season.

Whether you like it or not the buck stops with the owners. Just as us Liverpool fans hold Hicks and Gillet responsible for the clubs decline, the owners are just as responsible for achieving success at the club.

You have not raised a single point that provides any sort of support that their money ball approach is working.

I find it funny that you keep trying to convince others that FSG are not trying to achieve success. What else are they trying to achieve. Why else would they buy a sports team. The point of buying a sports team is to win and to generate profit. Those two things are symbiotic. You cannot have one without having the other, especially in a sport like football.

We came in second last year. That is the kind of support that the moneyball approach is working. If you don't actually know the history of moneyball, Billy Beane and the Oakland A's actually never won anything with that approach, but they've come close to winning the World Series every time.

And if you ever have a chance to speak to the owners of the A's, they will be very laudatory towards the moneyball approach. It works. It really, really does.

Yes' date=' but you're using these facts to manufacture an opinion that is not optimal. We all know these facts. We all understand that these things happen, but why are you complaining so much about it.

The transfer committee has had its failures, but it is not like Rodgers has not had his fair share of poor signings on the transfer market. Also, the allocation of the transfer budget has been pretty stellar from day one, they haven't taken out the money and spent nothing, FSG have invested a fair share into the team.

Learn what net spend means.

Can granted, but Markovic showing potential upon ripping up the mighty Sunderland, particularly when he cost £20 million? Are you serious ? Thats perhaps the most nonsensical statement I have heard so far. Thats taking in to consideration that both Suarez and Depay cost around £22 Million each with both of those players having far superior pedigree than Markovic.

Give Lazar two to three seasons and we'll see if we'll be having this conversation again. He has the tools to do it, it's just a tough adaptation for him coming from a more technical and lower-level league such as the Portuguese league to a much more physical and tough league such as the Premier League.

Stop comparing players to Suarez, we won't find players of that caliber for 22m again. And Depay is unproven. Unproven. He could be fantastic, he could be a flop.

You're being obtuse now. No one likes how the transfer committee is set up. But the reason they were installed was to have oversight. The transfer committee could be a good idea, if we had the right personnel.

And so what If am not a regular poster on this thread ? I pointed out pre season that Lallana and Markovic are sub average players and there is nothing to suggest that this has been disapproved as we draw near to the end of the season.

No one said anything about you not being a regular poster. It's just funny that when we're doing well you have nothing to say, and when everything goes a bit south, you come out guns blazing. You sure you don't support United by any chance? :o

I am not going to bother. You're telling me my argument is based on opinion and yours facts.

"And so what If am not a regular poster on this thread ?" - I never said there's anything wrong with not being a regular poster. There's nothing wrong with not posting at all. What I said was you only show up when we have a bad run of results and dissappear after you get absolutely slaughtered by everyone else.

"I pointed out pre season that Lallana and Markovic are sub average players and there is nothing to suggest that this has been disapproved as we draw near to the end of the season." Tell me how this statement is not one based on opinion. Tell me. I am dying to know. (Not actually).

Your disappearance argument carries little weight in regards to anything you say. Doesn't take a genuis to figure out that I said both Markovic and Lallana will be flops for Liverpool before the season had started. The guy with the teddy bear was very confident in rebutting my view that Lallana will not be another flop.

Now according to your logic' date=' had I gave this criticism midway through the season I would have been criticised on the grounds of ' How can you be so short sighted, give them the benefit of a full season ' I have waited a full season and both have done nothing to prove me wrong. So I am criticised for critiquing the players towards the end of the season yet I would also have been criticised for giving me opinoin midway through the season.

Which one is it ?

Talking statistics [ Which the Transfer Committee wets it's pajamas over '] what have these two done for Liverpool this season ?

You know for a fact that our transfer committee is abysmal and our owners are terrible in regards to player recruitment but your letting your pride get in the way of admiting it.

And for the record Legends such as Aldridge and Jamie Carragher have been very vocal in their criticism of the transfer committee. I'm more inclined to believe Jame Carragher than you, a person who has been at the club under FSG. His insight in to the club is far greater than our own, yet he is drawing the same criticism I am making.

FSG's Transfer Commiteee, Yes FSG's Transfer committee is the worst blunder since Andy Carrol.

Depay visit Anfield headquarters - Rodgers say he wasn't after him' date=' Rodgers is a joke[/quote']

"Yeah, I didn't fancy her anyway"

Marcel Brands, who is responsible for the Dutch club’s recruitment, has told Sky Sports News HQ that the 21-year-old Dutch international preferred a move to Old Trafford to re-join Louis van Gaal, who managed him with the Netherlands at last summer’s World Cup.

PSV technical director Marcel Brands says Memphis Depay chose Manchester United over Liverpool

Brands said: “Liverpool contacted us and talked with the player. They were also one of the clubs interested but at the end Memphis had the final decision and he chose Manchester United.

Your disappearance argument carries little weight in regards to anything you say. That's an opinion Doesn't take a genuis to figure out that I said both Markovic and Lallana will be flops for Liverpool before the season had started. That's your opinion - I and others disagree. The guy with the teddy bear was very confident in rebutting my view that Lallana will not be another flop.

Now according to your logic' date=' had I gave this criticism midway through the season I would have been criticised on the grounds of ' How can you be so short sighted, give them the benefit of a full season ' I have waited a full season and both have done nothing to prove me wrong. No, that isn't my own logic, that's you telling me what my own logic is. Another great "fact". So I am criticised for critiquing the players towards the end of the season yet I would also have been criticised for giving me opinoin midway through the season. Do you read what you write?

Which one is it ?

Talking statistics [ Which the Transfer Committee wets it's pajamas over ] what have these two done for Liverpool this season ? Talking statistics, Coutinho got into the team of the season over Fabregas but which do you think is the better player. How many times has Lallana been injured. And if that's a reason why we shouldn't have signed him, should we have signed Sturridge? As I said Markovic is 21 years old - I bet you were on the Jordan Henderson hate bandwagon too at one point.

You know for a fact that our transfer committee is abysmal and our owners are terrible in regards to player recruitment but your letting your pride get in the way of admiting it. Is that a fact though? Is that what you define these facts you've been giving me as? Sorry mate, that's an opinion. Not that I disagree with the transfer committee being poor, but that is also what you call an opinion.

And for the record Legends such as Aldridge and Jamie Carragher have been very vocal in their criticism of the transfer committee. I'm more inclined to believe Jame Carragher than you, a person who has been at the club under FSG. His insight in to the club is far greater than our own, yet he is drawing the same criticism I am making. And I've been defending the transfer committee this whole time haven't I. You'll read about all me saying how great the transfer committee is in my previous posts. Maybe if you did tend to stick around on this thread a bit you'd see I've had a go at the committee plenty of times.

FSG's Transfer Commiteee, Yes FSG's Transfer committee is the worst blunder since Andy Carrol. I find it funny how the transfer committee gets all the hate for the recent signings yet Andy Carroll is FSG's blunder not Kenny Dalglish's.

"Yeah' date=' I didn't fancy her anyway"[/quote']

depends who you listen too/ read

Memphis Depay: Man Utd 'forced' into signing by PSG interest

Manchester United were "forced" to sign PSV Eindhoven forward Memphis Depay early because of interest from French Ligue 1 leaders Paris St-Germain.

Old Trafford boss Louis van Gaal said the club wanted to wait until the summer to bring in the 21-year-old Dutch winger.

But after announcing a deal in the region of £25-30m, Van Gaal said: "I have been forced to sign him.

more rubbish here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11589596/Memphis-Depay-Why-I-chose-Man-Utd-over-Liverpool.html

On turning down Liverpool, and the other clubs chasing his signature, Depay said: "Yes [there were other clubs interested], but you shouldn't believe all the rumors in the media. In the end it was just a matter of feeling, not a matter of money."

I cannot find one source saying he 'turned down' Liverpool. Note how he never says Liverpool, just other clubs and even says not to believe the rumors when the interviewer brings up Liverpool, but the article uses the phrase snubbed Liverpool.

;3093033']depends who you listen too/ read

more rubbish here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11589596/Memphis-Depay-Why-I-chose-Man-Utd-over-Liverpool.html

I cannot find one source saying he 'turned down' Liverpool. Note how he never says Liverpool' date=' just other clubs and even says not to believe the rumors when the interviewer brings up Liverpool, but the article uses the phrase snubbed Liverpool.[/quote']

To be honest, I don't care.

I would not have been annoyed had we signed Memphis. 25m is a bit overpriced' date=' but he does seem like a good player. Almost definitely would not have turned out like Suarez, but I reckon he could be a top player.

Over the moon? No. Happy? Yes sure. I always get excited if the team is making signings that could stay with us for ten years and has the potential to be one of the world's bets players. None of us are being biased. He is unproven, and he absolutely may flop.[/quote']

I wouldn't really say £22-5m is overpriced for someone like Depay. If Markoivc is bought for £20m I know which I'd personally prefer to go with, not a criticism but just my opinion.

Nobody is saying Depay will be like Suarez so why even mention him? :)

As I said before hindsight is a wonderful thing but Depay appears to have the right physical attributes to do well. Time will tell.

Yeah as mentioned before' date=' would be nice to see a striker come in, would not mind seeing Christian Benteke line up there and maybe Danny Ings on a free would not be bad. A couple of full-backs, a center back, a DM, and a GK. Honestly, I cannot see why we're not looking into Cech. Still a fantastic goalkeeper, and would immensely improve the side.

Absolutely worth a punt I agree, but for 25m, that is one expensive, expensive punt. And with FFP, it is hard to justify a punt for 25m. It would be necessary for Liverpool to be signing proven players for 25m. Or if youngsters were targeted, then perhaps two or three for that price.

I think it'll be a tough adjustment for the kid, he'll get hacked about a bit, and also, I don't really see where he'll fit in the United team? Who's being dropped here? Surely you have more pressing needs elsewhere?[/quote']

I think Villa will sell him (Benteke) but the price is being driven up and his recent form will probably place him around £20-28m mark, Danny Ings would be great for most sides on a free and is a Liverpool style signing.

I don't think you'll sign a couple of fullbacks having just bought Moreno there isn't really anyone around I could see you bringing in to be honest.

As for DM and CB I thought Schneiderlen (however you spell it) would have considered moving to a top 4 Liverpool, which is still possible, but it looks very unlikely. CB again I can't see many better CB's available to Liverpool who aren't going to spend £40m.

Cech is a great GK but I can't see him in the PL if he leaves Chelsea, why would they give a rival a top player?

He'll easily displace Ashley Young at LW, if you've seen United's recent games you'd agree that we're lacking a directness and pace in our game that could be provided by someone like Depay.

I'm sorry' date='but people praising Depay signing for United shouldn't criticize Liverpool for 'not signing big names' when they qualify to CL. Granted United may sign other names next season,but Depay signing is really similar to Markovic signing. Young player,high potential with big fee. Depay position isn't really what we should focus on anyway so not too fussed if we miss him[/quote']

Actually we're entitled to opinions. When Liverpool finished 2nd place they should have at least made 1 top signing to replace Suarez, they had CL and a bit of cash, admittedly not tonnes of it, but enough to be able to afford someone like Sanchez. I know it isn't as simple as that but the reason they are struggling is that they only have one very good striker in Sturridge, Rodgers himself has admitted you're lacking upfront and all of you have expressed a desire for a striker.

Depay signing is different because he's a completely different style of player. It's also not like this will be United's only signing of the transfer window which eventually will emphasise my point that if you're in the CL you need to bring in CL quality players. Liverpool failed to do that hopefully United won't.

Mateo Kovacic the name being thrown around now. Would be a good signing to make but not sure how likely it is with the offer believed to only be £7.2m plus I'm sure Inter haven't forgotten a little Brazillian called Coutinho.

He'd be a great addition for that kind of fee. That would definitely be worth a 'punt' as we all are saying.

Gotta love Man United fans it's all about signing Champions League quality Players, that's what it's all about.......

Spent the last few days bragging about a player signing for 25-30m who ain't kicked a ball in the Champions League.....

Champions League proven for you!!!! :P

His signing is no different to Markovic in any which way, paying for potential.

Gotta love Man United fans it's all about signing Champions League quality Players' date=' that's what it's all about.......

Spent the last few days bragging about a player signing for 25-30m who ain't kicked a ball in the Champions League.....

His signing is no different to Markovic in any which way, paying for potential.[/quote']

United has open cheque book to put the missing pieces to their puzzle, and at least for United, in the group stage they won't rest £100mil worth of players like Liverpool did

Gotta love Man United fans it's all about signing Champions League quality Players' date=' that's what it's all about.......

His signing is no different to Markovic in any which way, paying for potential.[/quote']

Depay has played in the Champions League so I'm not sure what you're chatting about.