Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Of course not' date=' I don't think any Person in their right minds go out there to cause serious injury

In the laws of the game, bad tackle with studs showing = red[/quote']

*Gives head wobble upon seeing TalentSearcher posting a sensible argument*

Lol was going to post the same thing haha.

So you think he did it on purpose?

Like your stuff Keith. But ridiculous to say that shouldn't have been a red.

You need to take your mad blue blinkers off and admit it sometines.

You can't always argue against your team.,especially when you know your wrong

Chelsea could have easily booed him off' date='yet most fans clapped and gave him an ovation.I am sorry they did now...:mad:

Are I'm sure he will get the chance to win a league title in the U.S...

Idiot..[/quote']

Abused him for almost 80 minutes with chants and the laminated cards (you love your plastic you lot) and literally as soon as the clapping finished your fans chanted again, the guys been abused every week for a whole year even when he's not playing (like every Chelsea game) it's about time he gave it back.

As for the title, I'm pretty sure he won't be bothered, if he was that title driven he'd have moved to you guys when you attempted twice. Some things are more important than a title.

Wait a minute' date=' you wanted a red card against Chelsea?

GOOD LUCK

TBF you have a point in the game at the Bridge last season Eto for his horrific tackle on Henderson and Oscar for his two footed challenge on Lucas should have been sent off, Costa in the Carling Cup, Cahill for his full length diving save at Anfield this season and Fabregas for his tackle today....

But of course that's all part of the agenda against Chelsea ;)

I don't know why you're bothering with this argument. Had it myself a couple of weeks ago. The concept of football not being just about winning is one lost on Chelsea fans, players, managers and everyone connected with their stinking club. Gerrard deserves every respect in his final few games in England and the fact Chelsea fans couldn't adhere to that and then think by clapping him off atones, shows how embarrassing and shallow they really are. They're a disgrace to English football.

TBF you have a point in the game at the Bridge last season Eto for his horrific tackle on Henderson and Oscar for his two footed challenge on Lucas should have been sent off' date=' Costa in the Carling Cup, Cahill for his full length diving save at Anfield this season and Fabregas for his tackle today....

But of course that's all part of the agenda against Chelsea ;)[/quote']

Cahill's on Sanchez this season. Well, in fact, any Cahill tackle.

Cahill's on Sanchez this season. Well' date=' in fact, any Cahill tackle.[/quote']

Easy to call out things like that without calling out challenges on Chelsea players too.You just hate Chelsea,it doesn't matter what they do. :D

Wellbeck on Fabregas in the same game.:rolleyes:

Keith,

A question why are you unable to answer a question without bringing up something happening to a Chelsea player?

Stop being on the defensive,like how you are Chelsea orientated,but act like s grown up,honestly don't think you have ever answered a question without bring up something that's happened in the game to a Chelsea player.

Keith' date='

A question why are you unable to answer a question without bringing up something happening to a Chelsea player?

Stop being on the defensive,like how you are Chelsea orientated,but act like s grown up,honestly don't think you have ever answered a question without bring up something that's happened in the game to a Chelsea player.[/quote']

Sorry hog0101, I know it's pig headed of me to give you a roasting but your recent post has tied my hands. I feel like a bit of a sausage and a boar, sorry bore, but there are many grammatical errors in this post.

It's probably harsh to slaughter you over this and I apologise to Liverpool fans for hogging the limelight here. I'll trot along now.

P.S. If you're confused as to why the above has just occurred check the United thread then you'll see why I feel no gilt, sorry guilt, for the above.

P.P.S. Hope you like the puns.

Everyone knows it deserved to be a red card.

Keith you've successfully managed to make Talent Searcher look like such a sensible poster in comparison to what you've been prating on about.

The most damming thing I can say tonight is that I've repped him as a result.

When was the negative rep thing abolished?

When was the negative rep thing abolished?

Too soon apparently.

Just to throw this out there by the way I was impressed that Liverpool got a point today. It wasn't the greatest game of football ever played but it was nowhere near the slaughtering some felt it could be even with Chelsea crowned champions so a genuine well done.

Now I really do want to discuss this issue sensibly without people accusing me of trolling or rubbing it in, it's a bit of an elephant in the room really so here it goes.

With top 4 now completely out of sight (I know it's mathematically possible but I live in the real world) how does everybody feel about Liverpool's season?

They look good for 5th which means Europa league, I said that the lack of Europe helped Liverpool get 2nd place last season and that Europe would make things harder this season only to be lambasted but I was wondering if anyone had changed their minds?

I also wondered how Liverpool fans feel about the prospect of looking to break top 4 next season with the distraction of Europa league football? Hopeful, hopeless or somewhere in between?

Sorry hog0101' date=' I know it's pig headed of me to give you a roasting but your recent post has tied my hands. I feel like a bit of a sausage and a boar, sorry bore, but there are many grammatical errors in this post.

It's probably harsh to slaughter you over this and I apologise to Liverpool fans for hogging the limelight here. I'll trot along now.

P.S. If you're confused as to why the above has just occurred check the United thread then you'll see why I feel no gilt, sorry guilt, for the above.

P.P.S. Hope you like the puns.

What roasting?

You feel the need to write 900 words a post without saying anything.

You do it constantly,now it might feed your need to perpetuate nonsense,and that's ok,but dont be a smartRse

Ok. Talent searcher exists to write absolute rubbish on every thread I come across,he typifies most united fans that exist on this thread,either when defending the indefensible or slagging off Liverpool.

Boring.

What roasting?

You feel the need to write 900 words a post without saying anything.

You do it constantly' date='now it might feed your need to perpetuate nonsense,and that's ok,but dont be a smartRse

Ok. Talent searcher exists to write absolute rubbish on every thread I come across,he typifies most united fans that exist on this thread,either when defending the indefensible or slagging off Liverpool.

Boring.[/quote']

You know, like roasting a pig, it's a play on words with the whole hog thing you got going on.

I don't believe I perpetuate any kind of nonsense but if anyone else genuinely agrees with you then I will do my utmost best to improve.

See United Thread RE: TalentSearcher, you know you were being unfair on this occasion.

I wouldn't say I have much in common with TalentSearcher other than the club I support as I don't believe I defend players like others do when they are so obviously in the wrong and I certainly don't just knock Liverpool for the sake of it, I make a conscious effort to add to a discussion or give an opinion that is objective when on this thread unfortunately this conversation is now no longer doing so in relation to Liverpool.

If you don't enjoy my posts that's ok. I often write longer posts when discussing topics because I consider what I post and I never write a long post without having a point to make. You tell me not to be a smart *person* yet you know why I am dealing with you in this manner, because you tried to be a grammar warrior on a perfectly legitimate post by TalentSearcher (I know they are rare).

Now all I'm asking is for the United thread to remain a place for discussion of things relevant to United, my posts might be long but they remain relevant and we can't all come up with gems like:

Grow up. Idiot .

Profound.

I don't wish to detract further from Liverpool discussion though so if you do want to discuss the merits of my posts or suggest ways I can improve then please do PM me or post on my profile.

Anyone who thinks Ben's posts are off the mark, He I fear is wrong because he easily is the best or at least one of the best posters on the forum I feel.

Regarding Liverpool, I think they have a well sorted front 3 and need a lot lesser signings then some portray. If Rodgers is going to play with full backs next season, they need one on the left due to Moreno being too lacklustre at the back, Flanagan will be a boost. CB needs sorting out and I'd be more inclined towards going for a Vlaar type of player due to PL experience.I would certainly give Lovren another season.

If you keep Lucas fit, him and Can with Henderson can be pretty good in the midfield IMO. If Lallana and Markovic pick up their game, you are well sorted for a top 4 finish. We need to remember this Liverpool side didn't have Sturridge for.virtually the whole season. good back up CF should be targeted who can run the channels

My plan for next season

1. Stick with Rodgers. Hes still learning in all honesty , you have to remember he is only 42 and one of the youngest managers in the premier league. He has shown enough tactical flexibility with different formations and shown he can adapt to different situations. He handled big games , big players and has done well with all the Hillsborough stuff. For me he hasn't set the world a light this season but considering he went through a real journey with this team this year. Losing the best striker in the world right now and didn't even replace him. Hes been without a player who has scored over 10 goals in the league yet is 5th. Imagine if he had Sturridge fit.

2. Don't clear out the squad. I know a lot of players have taken a long time to get things going but recently we can see glimpses of potential from these player. The only players who should leave who haven't already confirmed leaving should be Johnson , Lucas , Borini , Lambert and Balotelli. The rest i feel still have something to give to the club.

3. Find a balance between promoting youth and experience. Everyone is calling for more experienced players going into next season and i couldn't agree more but you have to think that the job Rodgers is doing with the youth at Liverpool is nothing short of phenomenal. You don't really see many managers take this gamble like Rodgers has. I don't want Liverpool to stop giving first team opportunities to young players but look at the champions and they don't rotate much at all and you don't see much young players going from the youth ranks straight to the first team. I would say its not too important to keep on signing players with potential resale value which FSG want so i think go for the finished product.

4. Transfers. There are clear positions i feel Liverpool strongly need to get sorted. Starting from the back i think the team needs a good right back and why not try at least to pinch Clyne because hes a player who fits the bill so well. Liverpool always look for the full backs to join the attack and Clyne does that and has the ability to defend as well. Other choices like Darmian and Janmaat.

With Gerrard leaving , yes there is hole which needs to be filled in midfield but i think Can is that player who can do the job. Hes one of the few players iv been impressed with and he is consistent and able to go forward with such power and drive. I feel like Liverpool can go two ways. Go for a CDM or a creative midfielder. I would suggest Gonalons or Wijnaldum. The latter seems more realistic who already set his sights on the premier league and is comfortable midfield player. If possible my first choice would be Cabaye.

Goals. How good do Bony and Remy look now. For me Benteke and Jackson Martinez are the best options. Knowing Liverpool they will get Ings or Austin.

5. Have realistic expectations. Liverpool will be in the europa league which means they have a lot of games and a terrible schedule. Teams have been known not to do well in the league and in this competition. For me it doesn't make sense to be even in it because no team has done well in this and done well in the league in recent memory.

My plan for next season

1. Stick with Rodgers. Hes still learning in all honesty ' date=' you have to remember he is only 42 and one of the youngest managers in the premier league. He has shown enough tactical flexibility with different formations and shown he can adapt to different situations. He handled big games , big players and has done well with all the Hillsborough stuff. For me he hasn't set the world a light this season but considering he went through a real journey with this team this year. Losing the best striker in the world right now and didn't even replace him. Hes been without a player who has scored over 10 goals in the league yet is 5th. Imagine if he had Sturridge fit.

[b']Rodgers has to stay or otherwise there's another year where the new manager will have to come and get to know the squad and will most certainly again mess up with the transfers. With Rodgers you have a strong hope that he can get things right. Yes I totally endorse this point about Sturridge that I previously mentioned in my post.[/b]

2. Don't clear out the squad. I know a lot of players have taken a long time to get things going but recently we can see glimpses of potential from these player. The only players who should leave who haven't already confirmed leaving should be Johnson , Lucas , Borini , Lambert and Balotelli. The rest i feel still have something to give to the club.

Again, something I already mentioned and you are spot on here as well because this Liverpool squad can't win the league but can certainly qualify for Champs league with a few changes. Reach Champs league first and then you can attract league winning material which you should've done last summer but that's something that has already been discussed. I feel all the players you mentioned truly need to leave with the exception of Lucas because when he is fit, he is a automatic choice in the midfield. Kolo needs to leave as well

3. Find a balance between promoting youth and experience. Everyone is calling for more experienced players going into next season and i couldn't agree more but you have to think that the job Rodgers is doing with the youth at Liverpool is nothing short of phenomenal. You don't really see many managers take this gamble like Rodgers has. I don't want Liverpool to stop giving first team opportunities to young players but look at the champions and they don't rotate much at all and you don't see much young players going from the youth ranks straight to the first team. I would say its not too important to keep on signing players with potential resale value which FSG want so i think go for the finished product.

You have to applaud Rodgers for this and I for once can't understand why managers don't give opportunities to youngsters. Many work out really nicely atleast for some time. Experience is needed to an extent For example, as good as Gerrard has been over the years, he has been a liability for some time to the club

4. Transfers. There are clear positions i feel Liverpool strongly need to get sorted. Starting from the back i think the team needs a good right back and why not try at least to pinch Clyne because hes a player who fits the bill so well. Liverpool always look for the full backs to join the attack and Clyne does that and has the ability to defend as well. Other choices like Darmian and Janmaat.

I think Flanagan can do that job really really well if he can start from where he left. Clyne I feel without a bias view, if leaves will sign for United mainly because of Champs league football.

With Gerrard leaving , yes there is hole which needs to be filled in midfield but i think Can is that player who can do the job. Hes one of the few players iv been impressed with and he is consistent and able to go forward with such power and drive. I feel like Liverpool can go two ways. Go for a CDM or a creative midfielder. I would suggest Gonalons or Wijnaldum. The latter seems more realistic who already set his sights on the premier league and is comfortable midfield player. If possible my first choice would be Cabaye.

Goals. How good do Bony and Remy look now. For me Benteke and Jackson Martinez are the best options. Knowing Liverpool they will get Ings or Austin.

Can is the future for Liverpool and I don't feel you need large shake up in the midfield. Cabaye is someone very approachable and would get you some vital goals. I feel Can at CDM would be a more good option since you have players up front who won't track back much so having another creative player would be risky.

Lets be fair with Bony. He's a top class striker but hasn't been given the opportunity to show case at City and I'd be gutted if City go for a striker. Remy is certainly average. All depends upon the formation Rodgers chooses.

5. Have realistic expectations. Liverpool will be in the europa league which means they have a lot of games and a terrible schedule. Teams have been known not to do well in the league and in this competition. For me it doesn't make sense to be even in it because no team has done well in this and done well in the league in recent memory.

Yes this is true but a top 4 finish should be a must if you spend anything in excess of 55-60m.

I'd rather Ings over Jackson Martinez and Benteke. If people don't like the movement that Balotelli provides I'm not sure what they expect from Martinez and Benteke. These aren't players that make runs behind the defence frequently like Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling do. They are target men like more similar to Ricky Lambert. The difference between them and Lambert is that they are faster and better players all round. What we need is a match winner. We need a new Suarez. Not literally a player the exactly the same as Suarez or as good but someone who has the ability to produce a bit of magic even against the run of play. When you have those players in your team you win trophies. While Ferguson was a top top manager (and United fans please don't take this the wrong way or else this will go on forever), he had a team of match winners that won them trophies. Personally I would do everything to try and sign Lacazette as he is probably the closest you're gonna get to Suarez. He dribbles players, gets in behind, finishes, and has good work rate.

I'd rather Ings over Jackson Martinez and Benteke. If people don't like the movement that Balotelli provides I'm not sure what they expect from Martinez and Benteke. These aren't players that make runs behind the defence frequently like Sturridge' date=' Suarez, Sterling do. They are target men like more similar to Ricky Lambert. The difference between them and Lambert is that they are faster and better players all round. What we need is a match winner. We need a new Suarez. Not literally a player the exactly the same as Suarez or as good but someone who has the ability to produce a bit of magic even against the run of play. When you have those players in your team you win trophies. While Ferguson was a top top manager (and United fans please don't take this the wrong way or else this will go on forever), he had a team of match winners that won them trophies. Personally I would do everything to try and sign Lacazette as he is probably the closest you're gonna get to Suarez. He dribbles players, gets in behind, finishes, and has good work rate.[/quote']

Will be hard for Liverpool to convince Lacazette when PSG and United are rumoured looking at him

Ings will be cheaper option than Martinez and Benteke, but can Ings step up a level and be Liverpool 20 goals a season striker? My opinion is Benteke, he has power etc, knows the premiership, and his goal record good atm, Idk if Liverpool want that type of player

Love my post or hate them, I say what I think

Will be hard for Liverpool to convince Lacazette when PSG and United are rumoured looking at him

Ings will be cheaper option than Martinez and Benteke' date=' but can Ings step up a level and be Liverpool 20 goals a season striker? My opinion is Benteke, he has power etc, knows the premiership, and his goal record good atm, Idk if Liverpool want that type of player

Love my post or hate them, I say what I think[/quote']

Chelsea also rumoured to be after Lacazette