Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

How about João Carlos' date=' he seems to be a good player, he had a unlucky injury now, but does he has the quality to play for Liverpool?[/quote']

Saw him a few times in person, quick feet, good vision but it'll be difficult to bounce back from breaking a leg and i've seen better players come through the ranks and not break into the first team (Pacheco, Nemeth to name a couple). I think he'll be an alright Premier League player maybe top Championship player.

I agree that currently Sterling is the better player' date=' but look at how Ibe is built, then add in his incredible pace, his intelligent positioning and his fearless dribbling I honestly think he has everything in his locker to be one of the biggest talents we've ever brought through.[/quote']

Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree with any of that. But you could say the exact same about Sterling but more when he is on form. I would love Ibe to get a good run in the team though. He's a talent and actually seems a nice lad as well which is always a bonus.

Don't think there's any chance of Jaoa Carlos making it with us, I like him. But he's not at the level required. I think he should have a decent enough career though.

Also, still not over Suso leaving :( Not sure how he has done at Milan but I'm sure he will become a key player for them in the next couple years

Dont get me wrong' date=' I dont disagree with any of that. But you could say the exact same about Sterling but more when he is on form. I would love Ibe to get a good run in the team though. He's a talent and actually seems a nice lad as well which is always a bonus.

Don't think there's any chance of Jaoa Carlos making it with us, I like him. But he's not at the level required. I think he should have a decent enough career though.

Also, still not over Suso leaving :( Not sure how he has done at Milan but I'm sure he will become a key player for them in the next couple years[/quote']

Suso only started his first match in the derby recently, but from what I read on Twitter he had a very good match, will probably break through next season, I totally agree as I thought we had an excellent talent, the way he changed the game against Boro and then never got another sniff was very disappointing and for all the praise Rodgers gets for nurturing youth talent he's also shunned a lot of potentially good players for us.

Suso only started his first match in the derby recently' date=' but from what I read on Twitter he had a very good match, will probably break through next season, I totally agree as I thought we had an excellent talent, the way he changed the game against Boro and then never got another sniff was very disappointing and for all the praise Rodgers gets for nurturing youth talent he's also shunned a lot of potentially good players for us.[/quote']

Well as disappointing as it was to see Suso leave he can't bring them all through. Remember his preferred position is Coutinho's, and I know who I'd rather have in the team. On top of that Markovic's development is going to be prioritised over him because of the amount it took to get him here. Sterling occupies another of the attacking positions, and as you say we've still got Ibe and Ojo coming through.

Ibe is very big there's no doubt about that but Sterling isn't exactly lightweight. He may not look the biggest but he has the strength to cope in the Premier League just fine.

What have they seen? A student of the game like myself has probably seen enough over a solid amount of games to know he's the next top Championship player.

He's 19 and has already had a number of excellent appearances for us. Not to say he's the finished product. He isnt. He's very raw and looked pretty rusty since he came back from injury. However, the ability is there and so is the work ethic. With a bit of luck he will become a really good player for us

Of course Ibe is just another overhyped Englishman like that last guy that came through- Sterling.

Really to compare the two is daft. Sterling has played over 100 professional games for Liverpool. Ibe has 12 and 61 overall (from Championship and League One minutes).

Of course Ibe is just another overhyped Englishman like that last guy that came through- Sterling.

Really to compare the two is daft. Sterling has played over 100 professional games for Liverpool. Ibe has 12 and 61 overall (from Championship and League One minutes).

It's less comparing the players they are now, more comparing Ibe right now to when Sterling first broke into the first team.

Surely Higuain is seriously being considered as a target now that Napoli's quest for champions league has gotten a lot harder. (Knocked out of Europa) They've bridge a fair bit of the gap between them and Napoli but if Lazio can hold on to that top 3 surely we should everything to convince him to join us.

Surely Higuain is seriously being considered as a target now that Napoli's quest for champions league has gotten a lot harder. (Knocked out of Europa) They've bridge a fair bit of the gap between them and Napoli but if Lazio can hold on to that top 3 surely we should everything to convince him to join us.

With the greatest of respects, why would he come to you if he's wanting Champions League football? You've gotta say that in the long run Napoli are more likely to get that before you do.

Why would he move from one Europa League club to another Europa League club with less likelihood of trophies and Champions Football?

With the greatest of respects' date=' why would he come to you if he's wanting Champions League football? You've gotta say that in the long run Napoli are more likely to get that before you do.

Why would he move from one Europa League club to another Europa League club with less likelihood of trophies and Champions Football?[/quote']

The premier league is a more attractive league to be in than the Serie A I would say. Who knows might even be on his bucket list to play in the prem.

And are Napoli closer to the champions league than us? Obviously this season they still have very realistic hopes of making it, but after that? If they don't make it this season they've only regressed to the point that we have as well. I'd like to point out we did make 2 cup semi-finals this season as well so a trophy next season while obviously we are not favourites is not out of the question.

Maybe he wouldn't be interested. Point is though I still think we should be making an effort to sign his sort of quality while it's a possibility.

Every single transfer windows.

This Higuain saga will turn out just like Turan's.

What Turan saga?

Timo Horn has been watched

a 14M bid for Inigo Martinez was rejected, a rumoured 20M will trigger a release clause, and apparently Carlos Vela watched.

Hernanes has been muted as a short term replacement for Gerrard

Kevin Gameiro & Alex Mitrovic 2 centre forwards some rumours about i think worth a look.

some notes on Mitrovic i read:

Aleksandar Mitrović offers everything Liverpool are missing - he is young, strong, fit, good in the air and he scores goals. In a way he is like a traditional centre forward. Unlike Manquillo, Moreno, Sakho and Gerrard, he speaks fluent English. People who have met him have said he is likeable and is reliable and will do what he is told. He would also likely slot straight in to the first team squad. Lambert perhaps at his best and 10 years ago or so would be the closest Liverpool have.

With the greatest of respects' date=' why would he come to you if he's wanting Champions League football? You've gotta say that in the long run Napoli are more likely to get that before you do.

Why would he move from one Europa League club to another Europa League club with less likelihood of trophies and Champions Football?[/quote']

Money talks.

The new Premiership TV deal overrules everything about 'playing in CL next season' etc

IMO

;3095557']Timo Horn has been watched

a 14M bid for Inigo Martinez was rejected' date=' a rumoured 20M will trigger a release clause, and apparently [b']Carlos Vela[/b] watched.

Kevin Gameiro & Alex Mitrovic 2 centre forwards some rumours about i think worth a look.

"Mitrovic offers everything Liverpool are missing."

Except for the fact that he's not very quick at all. He does not make the runs in behind the defence that everyone slates Balotelli for not doing. And if you don't like Balotelli's defensive work then you won't exactly be impressed with what this guy offers anyway. Apparently there's been a fee agree with Newcastle but that won't be happening if they go downnn.

;3095562']Money talks.

The new Premiership TV deal overrules everything about 'playing in CL next season' etc

IMO

Agree with this though.

What Turan saga?

All the rumors for years and still the guy ended up not going anywhere.

;3095557']

AleksandarMitrovićoffers everything Liverpoolare missing - he is young' date=' strong, fit, good in the air andhe scores goals. In away he is like a traditionalcentre forward. [b']Unlike[/b]Manquillo, Moreno, Sakho and Gerrard,he speaks fluent English.Peoplewho havemet himhavesaid he is likeableandis reliableandwilldo what he is told. Hewould also likelyslot straight in to the first team squad. Lambert perhaps at his best and 10 years ago orso would be the closest Liverpool have.

Are they taking the mick or something?lol

;3095557']Timo Horn has been watched

a 14M bid for Inigo Martinez was rejected' date=' a rumoured 20M will trigger a release clause, and apparently [b']Carlos Vela[/b] watched.

The part about Mitrovic is completely wrong; the guy's the cockiest piece of monkey turd I've ever seen in my life. Trouble, trouble, trouble.

It was quite emotional watching Stevie's press conference in full last night, he kept it together better than I did that's for sure and we ain't even at the game yet.

So weird to think it is all coming to an end, the guy has been Liverpool for the vast majority of my time supporting the club, he is the iconic figure and soon he won't be there just don't feel right.

Never really been one into having sporting "heroes" on an individual level as such but he is as close to one as I am going to get.

Hope he gets the respect and adulation he deserves tomorrow, I have no doubt the club and the fans will do and hopefully he plays well and we get the result.

So so weird to think the next time I go to Anfield, he won't be there starting to hit home for me now. :(