Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It was quite emotional watching Stevie's press conference in full last night' date=' he kept it together better than I did that's for sure and we ain't even at the game yet.

So weird to think it is all coming to an end, the guy has been Liverpool for the vast majority of my time supporting the club, he is the iconic figure and soon he won't be there just don't feel right.

Never really been one into having sporting "heroes" on an individual level as such but he is as close to one as I am going to get.

Hope he gets the respect and adulation he deserves tomorrow, I have no doubt the club and the fans will do and hopefully he plays well and we get the result.

So so weird to think the next time I go to Anfield, he won't be there starting to hit home for me now. :([/quote']

u forgot to mention that he was close to joining Chelsea and fans were burning shirts of his etc, would of won trophies at Chelsea or Madrid

The premier league is a more attractive league to be in than the Serie A I would say. Who knows might even be on his bucket list to play in the prem.

And are Napoli closer to the champions league than us? Obviously this season they still have very realistic hopes of making it' date=' but after that? If they don't make it this season they've only regressed to the point that we have as well. I'd like to point out we did make 2 cup semi-finals this season as well so a trophy next season while obviously we are not favourites is not out of the question.

Maybe he wouldn't be interested. Point is though I still think we should be making an effort to sign his sort of quality while it's a possibility.

What Turan saga?[/quote']

That's all 'maybe if' though. I would say that Napoli are more likely to both win trophies and qualify for the CL than you are. I accept your argument about semi finals and trophy being a realistic target for you, which it is. However I'd argue that you're behind four teams for qualification for the CL (Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea) whilst Napoli are only behind two (Juve, Roma). I'd put Lazio in a similar bracket to Napoli.

I do agree that you should be seen to be making an effort to sign big players like that though.

;3095562']Money talks.

The new Premiership TV deal overrules everything about 'playing in CL next season' etc

IMO

This argument carries far more weight. You should be able to offer him much better wages than Napoli.

u forgot to mention that he was close to joining Chelsea and fans were burning shirts of his etc' date=' would of won trophies at Chelsea or Madrid[/quote']

I love mocking Liverpool, and Gerrard, as much as the next guy. However as his time at Liverpool comes to an end, you have to give him some respect at least, he's one of the best central midfielders we'll see in our life time (Still not better than Scholes) certainly one of the best to represent our country, and it's actually going to be sad in a way seeing him leave the Premier League, he's one of the players that come to mind as soon as you think of the top players to play in the league, and although he may have had times where he nearly left the club, Rooney's done the same for us, we can't really talk about that issue, same with Chelsea fans talking about the slip, as their captains slip cost them the Champions League!

This is my view on Gerrard anyway, always admired him as a player, even if he's a Scouser who plays for Liverpool :P

It was quite emotional watching Stevie's press conference in full last night' date=' he kept it together better than I did that's for sure and we ain't even at the game yet.

So weird to think it is all coming to an end, the guy has been Liverpool for the vast majority of my time supporting the club, he is the iconic figure and soon he won't be there just don't feel right.

Never really been one into having sporting "heroes" on an individual level as such but he is as close to one as I am going to get.

Hope he gets the respect and adulation he deserves tomorrow, I have no doubt the club and the fans will do and hopefully he plays well and we get the result.

So so weird to think the next time I go to Anfield, he won't be there starting to hit home for me now. :([/quote']

I'm missing the Palace game tomorrow as I am sitting an exam. I could not be more disappointed to miss a football game. Growing up with Carragher and Gerrard on the side week in and week out and seeing neither on the team sheet next year will be a weird and sad experience.

Hope he does come back on loan when the MLS season ends though. Would be a nice touch.

I love mocking Liverpool' date=' and Gerrard, as much as the next guy. However as his time at Liverpool comes to an end, you have to give him some respect at least, he's one of the best central midfielders we'll see in our life time (Still not better than Scholes) certainly one of the best to represent our country, and it's actually going to be sad in a way seeing him leave the Premier League, he's one of the players that come to mind as soon as you think of the top players to play in the league, and although he may have had times where he nearly left the club, Rooney's done the same for us, we can't really talk about that issue, same with Chelsea fans talking about the slip, as their captains slip cost them the Champions League!

This is my view on Gerrard anyway, always admired him as a player, even if he's a Scouser who plays for Liverpool :P

Players/managers move on, its a part of football life, Life goes on

I'm just pointing out he was/should of moved and will be regretting it, No league title to his name, it is kind of under achieved

Rooney wanted to make a statement, he wanted to United to go out and buy after Ronaldo and Tevez left

Players/managers move on' date=' its a part of football life, Life goes on

[b']I'm just pointing out he was/should of moved and will be regretting it, No league title to his name, it is kind of under achieved[/b]

Rooney wanted to make a statement, he wanted to United to go out and buy after Ronaldo and Tevez left

But should he? Yeah if he wasn't a Liverpool fan maybe, but he's Liverpool through and through, maybe playing for a club he loves actually does mean more than winning a league title, he's not as decorated as he could have been but he's still in the minority of players that have a Champions League medal, I reckon lifting the Champions League as the captain of the club you support, is miles ahead of lifting it twice at any other club. Quite frankly, he's a millionaire who has had an outstanding career at the team he loves, I doubt he'll look back with any regrets.

He's a Liverpool legend' date=' but other players ain't getting same treatment when they move on

But this is Liverpool[/quote']

Because he's been at the club all his life? Also their captain? It's not like they're like this every time someone leaves, you sound rather silly.

Because he's been at the club all his life? Also their captain? It's not like they're like this every time someone leaves' date=' you sound rather silly.[/quote']

You really have to learn to express yourself better.

He doesn't sound "rather silly"; he sounds like a retarded baboon on meth.

He's a Liverpool legend' date=' but other players ain't getting same treatment when they move on

You are a disrespectful mug. It is a rare breed of a player nowadays to spend their entire career at a club, especially a club they love and supported as a boy, what makes it even more special is in his pomp he was a class act, two words you will never hear mentioned about yourself.

You really have to learn to express yourself better.

He doesn't sound "rather silly"' date=' he sounds like a retarded baboon on meth.[/quote']

To be fair, I was going to put stupid then toned it down hahahaha, I've been in a good mood all day so my brain isn't in its usual "insult everybody" mode :P

Because he's been at the club all his life? Also their captain? It's not like they're like this every time someone leaves' date=' you sound rather silly.[/quote']

But I don't think United did Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Beckham like what Liverpool are doing with Gerrard

You are a disrespectful mug. It is a rare breed of a player nowadays to spend their entire career at a club' date=' especially a club they love and supported as a boy, what makes it even more special is in his pomp he was a class act, two words you will never hear mentioned about yourself.

[/font']

so playing at L.A Galaxy is nothing? not spending entire Career at 1 club

Idc if you love or hate me

But I don't think United did Giggs' date=' Scholes, Neville, Beckham like what Liverpool are doing with Gerrard

[b']so playing at L.A Galaxy is nothing?[/b] not spending entire Career at 1 club

I think most big United fans were sad to see them retire (In Beckham's case, leave)

Yes.

I think most big United fans were sad to see them retire (In Beckham's case' date=' leave)

[b']Yes.[/b]

Sad to see them legends retire but life goes on in football, didn't line up the team to clap them like Liverpool according going to do, bit hyped

Still Gerrard not a 1 man club as he still playing for LA Galaxy, its still football

Life goes on

Oh deary me you really are a prat. He has took the decision to move on as he can just not have the same impact as he once use to' date=' it is called getting older and not being able to consistently perform at this level as well as coping with the rigours of the EPL week in week out, much like Lampard has done, or is that really difficult for your pea of a brain to comprehend? a case of prolong your career for a huge pay day or retire he chose the former. At the time of this post he has spent his entire career at one club.

The fact remains that in his prime he chose to stay at his boyhood club over moving for bigger wages and an increased chance of winning honurs, Alan Shearer did the same choosing Newcastle over Man Utd. To some players running out in the shirt of the club they idolised is worth far more than honours and medals. Many people just don't get that, like yourself.

Now answer me this, would you rather play for Man United all your career or would you prefer to move to Barcelona for more money, better climate and likely winning far more honours?

I don't hate you as I don't know you, I am just growing tiresome of a lot of your posts especially when you reiterate the same thing on a daily basis. It is like living in groundhog day.[/font']

Sad to see them legends retire but life goes on in football' date=' didn't line up the team to clap them like Liverpool according going to do, bit hyped[/quote']

Well Im sorry that you are causing a stir here because no other team matches what your club does with their legends, no we cant be having that can we :rolleyes:

Oh deary me you really are a prat. He has took the decision to move on as he can just not have the same impact as he once use to' date=' it is called getting older and not being able to consistently perform at this level as well as coping with the rigours of the EPL week in week out, much like Lampard has done, or is that really difficult for your pea of a brain to comprehend.

The fact remains that in his prime he chose to stay at his boyhood club over moving for bigger wages and an increased chance of winning honurs, Alan Shearer did the same choosing Newcastle over Man Utd. To some players running out in the shirt of the club they idolised is worth far more than honours and medals. Many people just don't get that, like yourself.

Now answer me this, would you rather play for Man United all your career or would you prefer to move to Barcelona for [b']more money, better climate and likely winning far more honours[/b]?

I don't hate you as I don't know you, I am just growing tiresome of a lot of your posts especially when you reiterate the same thing on a daily basis. It is like living in groundhog day.

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn

He getting older, that the way of life, we all can't stay young forever

He chose to stay with Liverpool, but still think he underachieved for his potential, In future to the neutral, he always be know as a Liverpool legend that never won the premiership

Bold bit before I answer It, ain't Gerrard doing it? think about it in ur pea like brain

If Man United weren't winning Titles and Honours which they trying to get back into then I would have to think about it. With Liverpool he wasn't winning the league, his final years he could of got some under his belt

Yawn' date=' Yawn, Yawn

He chose to stay with Liverpool, but still think he underachieved for his potential, In future to the neutral, he always be know as a Liverpool legend that never won the premiership

Bold bit before I answer It, ain't Gerrard doing it? think about it in ur pea like brain

If Man United weren't winning Titles and Honours which they trying to get back into then I would have to think about it. With Liverpool he wasn't winning the league, his final years he could of got some under his belt[/quote']

Just accept you're growing increasingly more wrong with each post you make.

But should he? Yeah if he wasn't a Liverpool fan maybe' date=' but he's Liverpool through and through, maybe playing for a club he loves actually does mean more than winning a league title, he's not as decorated as he could have been but he's still in the minority of players that have a Champions League medal, I reckon lifting the Champions League as the captain of the club you support, is miles ahead of lifting it twice at any other club. Quite frankly, he's a millionaire who has had an outstanding career at the team he loves, I doubt he'll look back with any regrets.[/quote']

A rational United fan. The unicorn in the footballing world. :P

Which other players at Liverpool would deserve this farewell, with the exception of Jamie Carragher, whose farewell was very, very touching as well.

But I don't think United did Giggs' date=' Scholes, Neville, Beckham like what Liverpool are doing with Gerrard

Idc if you love or hate me[/quote']

Just because your fans and team were not as supportive and loving of your players doesn't mean that our fans and team can't do that. It reflects more poorly on you lot than it would on us for celebrating the career of one of the club's greatest players.

Playing at LA Galaxy does not discredit anything he'll ever do in his career.

Yawn' date=' Yawn, Yawn

If Man United weren't winning Titles and Honours which they trying to get back into then I would have to think about it. With Liverpool he wasn't winning the league, his final years he could of got some under his belt[/quote']

No, he will be remembered as the Liverpool great who captained the side to an improbable Champions League victory in Istanbul. He'll also probably be remembered as the greatest player ever not to win the Premier League, which is an absolute shame, but it happens.

How dare you ever call someone a pea-like brain. Did you even finish elementary school? You have the grammatical ability of a fifth grader and the mental capacity of a third grader, being generous.

Your answer in the last paragraph exemplifies why Gerrard is considered a classy and loyal player. He never moved although he had opportunities to play at Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter etc. where he would have won various trophies and been a great success.

Yawn' date=' Yawn, Yawn

The fact still remains that at the time of my post he has been a one player club you dick. Nobody can blame him for moving on now. In the eyes of Liverpool fans and many who are not he has been a one man club choosing now to move as he has little to offer the club in terms of playing every game for a full season, this is what I factored into my comment about him being a one man club. Is that really that difficult to comprehend? If he moved in his prime then yeah we could say he was club hopper but at this time in his career I think not.

Which other players at Liverpool would deserve this farewell' date=' with the exception of Jamie Carragher, whose farewell was very, very touching as well.

Just because your fans and team were not as supportive and loving of your players doesn't mean that our fans and team can't do that. It reflects more poorly on you lot than it would on us for celebrating the career of one of the club's greatest players.

Playing at LA Galaxy does not discredit anything he'll ever do in his career.

No, he will be remembered as the Liverpool great who captained the side to an improbable Champions League victory in Istanbul. He'll also probably be remembered as the greatest player ever not to win the Premier League, which is an absolute shame, but it happens.

How dare you ever call someone a pea-like brain. Did you even finish elementary school? You have the grammatical ability of a fifth grader and the mental capacity of a third grader, being generous.

Your answer in the last paragraph exemplifies why Gerrard is considered a classy and loyal player. He never moved although he had opportunities to play at Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter etc. where he would have won various trophies and been a great success.[/quote']

Only Liverpool are building it up as the best player ever to touch a ball, won all is going. He was Captain, he scored goals etc but I guess Liverpool doesn't have much to celebrate

It seems like Only Liverpool is doing this, Raul, Xavi(prob), Zanetti list going on isn't/didn't have the same treatment as Gerrard

I didn't pass elementary school as I'm not AMERICA