ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Well there we go. At least we now know this is about Aidy Ward making as much money as possible. "Carragher is a knob." Sounds like a real professional to me. I hope someone well respected comes out and absolutely tears him to shreds. I don't care about the Sterling half of this anymore, he's going. What Aidy Ward said just angers me and I want to see the sense of importance and power he thinks he has destroyed. It's so obvious just by reading what he said that it's about himself, not Sterling.

;3098206']

BUT. memories seem short but didnt a certain Wayne Rooney hold Man Utd to ransom a few seasons ago?

We also have to replace Gerrard. Again there is like for like deals out there. Read a couple times this week we have actually bid for Arturo Vidal.

Danny Ings

James Milner

Christian Benteke

Theo Walcott

Pedro

Fabian Delph

Nigel De Jong (free agent this summer)

Absolutely need a 2nd GK & a RB

Personally' date=' and most wont agree, but i dont think we need to buy for the defence. Persevere with Srktel, Sakho, Lovren, Toure.

Its core players we need more up top and in the middle of the park. Its not we are leaking goals, we were last season, the problem is putting the ball in the net. Address this over the summer and i think we can go again next season with a real optimistic chance of breaking top 4 again.[/quote']

Rooney did but he did it to make a point to United - United splash the cash on players, It worked

Vidal won't get, He came out and said he staying at Juventus, won't be easy finding a new Gerrard

Danny Ings - Don't think he top 4 material

James Milner - works hard but not top talent

Christian Benteke - goalscorer but other CL teams looking at him

Theo Walcott - staying

Pedro - CL to Europa cup?

Fabian Delph - Need to offer lot as he signed 4 year deal

Nigel De Jong - don't think he good enough

Your Defence does need fixing in my opinion, been letting in more set pieces at 1st half of season then anyone

Well there we go. At least we now know this is about Aidy Ward making as much money as possible. "Carragher is a knob." Sounds like a real professional to me. I hope someone well respected comes out and absolutely tears him to shreds. I don't care about the Sterling half of this anymore' date=' he's going. What Aidy Ward said just angers me and I want to see the sense of importance and power he thinks he has destroyed. It's so obvious just by reading what he said that it's about himself, not Sterling.[/quote']

All Ward has done is tear into people who have accused him of "terribly advising" Sterling without ever knowing what was going on. Agents get way too much stick for what their clients want. The last time I checked Sterling was a 20 year old man fully capable of making his own decisions and not some adolescent boy who is being cunningly manipulated by a big bad mean agent. Sterling wants to leave to win trophies, Ward is making that happen. It's also blatantly obvious that this has absolutely nothing to do with money. Blame Sterling if you wish for wanting out not Ward for doing his job.

Credit to Ward. It was embarrassing to see the number of ex LFC cretins out in force and having a go at Sterling and him for having the audacity to want to leave LFC. How dare he! It's not like they poached him from QPR or anywhere like that...

All Ward has done is tear into people who have accused him of "terribly advising" Sterling without ever knowing what was going on. Agents get way too much stick for what their clients want. The last time I checked Sterling was a 20 year old man fully capable of making his own decisions and not some adolescent boy who is being cunningly manipulated by a big bad mean agent. Sterling wants to leave to win trophies' date=' Ward is making that happen. [b']It's also blatantly obvious that this has absolutely nothing to do with money.[/b] Blame Sterling if you wish for wanting out not Ward for doing his job.

Credit to Ward. It was embarrassing to see the number of ex LFC cretins out in force and having a go at Sterling and him for having the audacity to want to leave LFC. How dare he! It's not like they poached him from QPR or anywhere like that...

If you think Aidy Ward is prioritising Sterling over himself I have nothing to say to you.

If you think Aidy Ward is prioritising Sterling over himself I have nothing to say to you.

So Sterling actually wants to stay at Liverpool but Aidy Ward wants to make money so he's forcing Sterling out of the club. Even forced him to do a BBC interview. Poor Sterling!

Unless you have evidence that Ward is doing this entirely for himself then you are probably right to say nothing. You'll only embarrass yourself further. You might also want to remember that it's Sterling who employs Ward not the other way around.

So Sterling actually wants to stay at Liverpool but Aidy Ward wants to make money so he's forcing Sterling out of the club. Even forced him to do a BBC interview. Poor Sterling!

Unless you have evidence that Ward is doing this entirely for himself then you are probably right to say nothing. You'll only embarrass yourself further. You might also want to remember that it's Sterling who employs Ward not the other way around.

I definitely said that didn't I. If you want to prove a point and make me look stupid at least quote me on what I actually say rather than attempt to categorise me as part of the hate sterling bandwagon. Since you couldn't pick out the fact that I wasn't talking about Sterling I was talking about Aidy Ward then I'm telling you now. As I said in the original post you quoted me on I'm not longer bothered by what's going on with Sterling. I'm bothered by Ward. Your arrogance might get you a lot of rep on these forums but you're trying to argue with me about something I never said in the first place.

I definitely said that didn't I. If you want to prove a point and make me look stupid at least quote me on what I actually say rather than attempt to categorise me as part of the hate sterling bandwagon. Since you couldn't pick out the fact that I wasn't talking about Sterling I was talking about Aidy Ward then I'm telling you now. As I said in the original post you quoted me on I'm not longer bothered by what's going on with Sterling. I'm bothered by Ward. Your arrogance might get you a lot of rep on these forums but you're trying to argue with me about something I never said in the first place.

So, what exactly are you trying to say? You're having a go at Ward for doing what? Doing his job?

Or are you having a go at Ward for defending himself and his client from relentless criticism from the media for having the audacity to want to leave the club?

And by the way, yes, what I wrote is pretty much the gist what you heavily implied by saying "Ward was prioritizing himself and not Sterling" so stop playing the victim card.

So' date=' what exactly are you trying to say? You're having a go at Ward for doing what? Doing his job?

Or are you having a go at Ward for defending himself and his client from relentless criticism from the media for having the audacity to want to leave the club?

And by the way, yes, what I wrote is pretty much the gist what you heavily implied by saying "Ward was prioritizing himself and not Sterling" so stop playing the victim card.[/quote']

I'm not going to argue. You're completely right I am wrong end of story have a nice day.Naht.

Typical.

If you make it a point to criticize someone then be prepared to back it up' date=' not chicken out when you are called out on it. Sigh...[/quote']

I made the point I wasn't going to bother because it felt like this argument was going nowhere which it isn't so what was the point. If beef is what you want we can do this but let me get some sleep and we can battle it out on the SM forums tomoz.

Ings' date=' Milner, benteke and Delph. Dear God no :P[/quote']

so who would you pick/buy thats realisitc - please dont say Yohan M'vila again please!

its amusing as last season i mentioned a bunch of players that were laughed at and 2 have had stellar seasons, one made PFA team of the year - which at the time he was lambasted 'not good enough' by the fourmers here...

please please please dont reel off a bunch of fantasy foreigners. Aint we learnt the lesson from buying that way over the last 3 seasons?????!!!!

all mentioned players improve the team, Milner & Benteke would be starters, and experienced premier league campaigners that will hit the ground running! again have we not learnt lessons from this season all new players coming into the Prem needing the time to adapt? hello, our season started woefully....

Rooney did but he did it to make a point to United - United splash the cash on players' date=' It worked

Vidal won't get, He came out and said he staying at Juventus, won't be easy finding a new Gerrard

Danny Ings - Don't think he top 4 material

James Milner - works hard but not top talent

Christian Benteke - goalscorer but other CL teams looking at him

Theo Walcott - staying

Pedro - CL to Europa cup?

Fabian Delph - Need to offer lot as he signed 4 year deal

Nigel De Jong - don't think he good enough

Your Defence does need fixing in my opinion, been letting in more set pieces at 1st half of season then anyone[/quote']

ok so lets hear your recommendations

Ings has potential shown enough to suggest that

Milner - what more 'talent' does he need? he does the dirty work in midfield , great player

Benteke - yes and where would he play for them? Would be a starter for us, not Chelsea, City etc Only know LFC and Chelsea are interested and he has made it clear he wants to join us.

Walcott - what evidence shows he is staying? what if Sterling arrives? How frustrated must Walcott be if Ramsey Wilshere and Rosicky get picked over him to play his postion even though they arent natural right sided players??

Delph - money talks, TV deal cash etc etc. easily affordable.

Pedro - yeah CL to Europa league so what - didnt stop you getting Mata etc etc - again money talks. Pedro wants to play games would be a starter for us

De Jong - not good enough? so how come United are still pursuing him. He is good enough for a top 4 club.

;3098289']so who would you pick/buy thats realisitc - please dont say Yohan M'vila again please!

its amusing as last season i mentioned a bunch of players that were laughed at and 2 have had stellar seasons' date=' one made PFA team of the year - which at the time he was lambasted 'not good enough' by the fourmers here...

please please please dont reel off a bunch of fantasy foreigners. Aint we learnt the lesson from buying that way over the last 3 seasons?????!!!!

all mentioned players improve the team, Milner & Benteke would be starters, and experienced premier league campaigners that will hit the ground running! again have we not learnt lessons from this season all new players coming into the Prem needing the time to adapt? hello, our season started woefully....[/quote']

Bertrand was never good enough, regardless of being in Team of the season. Wouldnt take him now still. We haven't been poor because of foreigners we've been poor because of signing poor players,i.e. Lovren, Lambert, etc. Milner would cost us an incredible amount in wages, 150k he would want, no thanks. He'd be a decent to have around the squad, but not at those wages. Then Benteke while a decent player doesnt fit our style whatsoever. We would ruin him. Nonstarter.

There are better players out there, we just dont choose to get them. I remember when you were saying Carroll was worth 35mil with him being 'prem proven' haha.

We should be targeting quality talents like Kovacic and Icardi. They have genuine talent. We need to be signing players like Can: young, cheap and most of all, quality. Konoplyanka on a free would be good. Plus if Chelsea are willing to let Oscar go we should be all over that. Then there's the don that is Lacazette. The players are out there, shame we will go for mediocre talents like Ings :o

The players are out there' date=' shame we will go for mediocre talents like Ings :o[/quote']

That we will.. If we do end up signing Ings, Milner, Delph & players of that ability, we can then confirm we're mediocre, if not already.. but that's certainly the road we're going down atm. Our manager came from Swansea, what type of pulling power does that bring us? Yup.. Borini, Aspas, Ings.. mediocre. We need to go all out for Klopp/Rafa before we do anything else.

That we will.. If we do end up signing Ings' date=' Milner, Delph & players of that ability, we can then confirm we're mediocre, if not already.. but that's certainly the road we're going down atm. Our manager came from Swansea, what type of pulling power does that bring us? Yup.. Borini, Aspas, Ings.. mediocre. We need to go all out for Klopp/Rafa before we do anything else.[/quote']

What kind of pulling power that Rafa has now though? During his time in Napoli,his only big name signing is Higuain. Others include rejected players like Albiol and Callejon, potential young players like David Lopez,Jorginho,Koulibaly or players who tried to step up from their previous club,like Mertens and De Guzman.

I appreciate what Rafa had done for us but he isn't the right man anymore.

;3098291']ok so lets hear your recommendations

Ings has potential shown enough to suggest that

Ings' date=' I don't think he top 4 team player, he hasn't scored much Burnley, should go after Austin instead[/color']

Milner - what more 'talent' does he need? he does the dirty work in midfield , great player

Hard worker etc but how will he fit into the Midfield area as Liverpool got so many players

Benteke - yes and where would he play for them? Would be a starter for us, not Chelsea, City etc Only know LFC and Chelsea are interested and he has made it clear he wants to join us.

Wolfsburg and maybe others are interested in the beast, and will Liverpool splash £30mil?

Walcott - what evidence shows he is staying? what if Sterling arrives? How frustrated must Walcott be if Ramsey Wilshere and Rosicky get picked over him to play his postion even though they arent natural right sided players??

Wenger said he staying, with Walcott he will always he rotated and Walcott doesn't help him by demanding he wanting to play Striker

Delph - money talks, TV deal cash etc etc. easily affordable.

Delph - could of signed him already but wants to stay

Pedro - yeah CL to Europa league so what - didnt stop you getting Mata etc etc - again money talks. Pedro wants to play games would be a starter for us

Pedro maybe a starter for Liverpool but 1 thing your forgetting United can offer bigger things than Liverpool

De Jong - not good enough? so how come United are still pursuing him. He is good enough for a top 4 club.

Media talk because he is from Netherlands like LVG

I think it will be a hard transfer summer for Liverpool, Idk what Liverpool can offer

I think it will be a hard transfer summer for Liverpool' date=' Idk what Liverpool can offer[/quote']

Agree with you on that bit at the bottom. Liverpool can't offer CL football and I'm not sure when they will be able to next offer it. The teams ahead of them are all well ahead and will be able/willing to invest more over the summer to stretch that gap.

Bertrand was never good enough' date=' regardless of being in Team of the season. Wouldnt take him now still. We haven't been poor because of foreigners we've been poor because of signing poor players,i.e. Lovren, Lambert, etc. Milner would cost us an incredible amount in wages, 150k he would want, no thanks. He'd be a decent to have around the squad, but not at those wages. Then Benteke while a decent player doesnt fit our style whatsoever. We would ruin him. Nonstarter.

There are better players out there, we just dont choose to get them. I remember when you were saying Carroll was worth 35mil with him being 'prem proven' haha.

We should be targeting quality talents like Kovacic and Icardi. They have genuine talent. We need to be signing players like Can: young, cheap and most of all, quality. Konoplyanka on a free would be good. Plus if Chelsea are willing to let Oscar go we should be all over that. Then there's the don that is Lacazette. The players are out there, shame we will go for mediocre talents like Ings :o[/quote']

There is no point bringing Carroll into it. He is Prem proven quality, just has a horrific injury record. If he kept himself injury free he a devastating player. We were bent over backwards for the fee as we sold Torres and time was running out to sign replacements....

Targeting youg cheap quality talents....Icardi & Kovacic though pretty sure wouldnt be cheap...isnt that what we have been doing?? Nuri Sahin, Markovic, Luis Alberto, Manquillo, Moreno, Can, its far too hit and miss....basically your saying the transfer policy is fine and keep spending how we are and hope a couple come good...Yes we need young talents for the future to blood in but we also need proven players NOW to go into the side and do a job.

How can you say Benteke wouldnt fit the system? Pretty sure Villa use him as a lone striker with support from wide players? Are you doubting his technical ability? Lacazette sure would be a statement of intent but alot of money to shell out on a striker coming over from a poor league..Sure he has talent and ability, would fit our style, id be delighted if we bought him, but will he hit the ground running?

I wholly agree on Oscar mentioned him a couple weeks back and yes he would be a good signing

Wages isnt a issue, look at the players coming off the books like Gerrard & Johnson, it there is room for manoeuvre. If Milner wants a first XI spot in his favoured CM position im sure he can deal with a decent wage.

Ings of course is not a stellar signing but he will be cheap, hungry to prove himself and a good player for cup/Europa games no? Young and potential to develop, and an upgrade on Borini Balotelli & Lambert for sure.

What kind of pulling power that Rafa has now though? During his time in Napoli' date='his only big name signing is Higuain. Others include rejected players like Albiol and Callejon, potential young players like David Lopez,Jorginho,Koulibaly or players who tried to step up from their previous club,like Mertens and De Guzman.

I appreciate what Rafa had done for us but he isn't the right man anymore.[/quote']

Most of those players would improve our team even still. :o Rafa has much more pulling power than Brendan. With Rafa we have his name and the club name. With Brendan.. we only have the club name that pull's, which clearly isn't enough.