ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If you's can get Pedro, that would be a quality signing, such a good player, incredibly two footed as well, however I reckon if he has the option to go to a top four team, he'll probably take that logically, would love to see him in the Premier League regardless of destination, if I'm honest.

If you's can get Pedro' date=' that would be a quality signing, such a good player, incredibly two footed as well, however I reckon if he has the option to go to a top four team, he'll probably take that logically, would love to see him in the Premier League regardless of destination, if I'm honest.[/quote']

Agreed. I'm sure if we had Rafa here that would help with getting Pedro on board too. ;)

Agreed. I'm sure if we had Rafa here that would help with getting Pedro on board too. ;)

Would be interesting to see if Rafa could revitalize Liverpool, I think no matter who's in charge it will take a few years before you become a persistent top four threat again, but I'd welcome the day it happens, I say this a lot, but I miss the days of United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea top fours, not because City are our local rivals (as Liverpool will still always be our biggest rivalry) but the Premier League was more exciting to watch (In my opinion) when that were the top four.

Would be interesting to see if Rafa could revitalize Liverpool' date=' I think no matter who's in charge it will take a few years before you become a persistent top four threat again, but I'd welcome the day it happens, I say this a lot, but I miss the days of United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea top fours, not because City are our local rivals (as Liverpool will still always be our biggest rivalry) but the Premier League was more exciting to watch (In my opinion) when that were the top four.[/quote']

Rafa would tighten the defence up thats for sure, but would be continue the attacking play?

Huge fan of Benteke but not convinced we play to his strengths at all and he'd cost an arm and a leg. Milner would be a superb addition tho IMO.

I tend to agree with your analysis of Benteke whilst I can see what he can offer a football club all of his strengths are not really positives in terms of the way we play, we don't swing in crosses or play direct.

I think his price tag is way overpriced as well. I have no doubt he would be very useful for most PL sides however he don't really fit our style of play and unless we have a complete philosophy change I don't see how he would fit TBH.

I ain't Milner's biggest fan by any stretch but on a free transfer I don't really think anybody could argue with that addition being worthwhile and also brings some much needed experience to the ranks of what is a remarkably young side/squad.

Lol I agree.

He's a worker but doesn't have the talent to make it into a top 4 club which is your target for next season.

This is quite clearly nonsense as he has been a regular for a top four club this season.....

He has been at a top four club for many years now.

Lol I agree.

He's a worker but doesn't have the talent to make it into a top 4 club which is your target for next season.

What an absolute load of utter tosh.

He has been a starter for a top four club for quite a while now, Milner has plenty of talent but has a stigma attached to him that he isn't good enough.

Milner's a brilliant player and a great person to have at your club. Wish he'd sign a new contract at City but can understand his reasons for wanting to leave.
He's been the 13th most regular player at Citeh this season..... that nearly makes him a regular....

Milner is highly rated which means he's pants. What you need to do is take my judgement on players as my analysis is always right and ignore the masses. He's crap. Who said Kompany was crap? Me. Who said Clichy was crap? Moi. Who said Koscielny pooed all over Vermaelen? Myself. The list goes on. I'm always right when it comes to this sort of thing, so I suggest you shut your gobs.

What an absolute load of utter tosh.

He has been a starter for a top four club for quite a while now' date=' Milner has plenty of talent but has a stigma attached to him that he isn't good enough.[/quote']

This is quite clearly nonsense as he has been a regular for a top four club this season.....

He has been at a top four club for many years now.

haha, what a bunch of desperate keyboard gangsters

started 17 league games in 14/15

started 12 league games in 13/14

started 19 league games in 12/13

started 17 league games 11/12

I think id rather give Milner 100k a week than Sterling anyway.

Pretty sure he would have to take a pay cut to be on 100k a week....

He's been offered over 150k at City, we cant afford that. If Milner were to come he would most likely be our top earner. A player that probably wouldn't start for us....

I'm not hating on Milner, he's a decent player, but at those wages, he certainly wouldnt be a freebie...

haha' date=' what a bunch of desperate keyboard gangsters

started 17 league games 11/12[/quote']

I'm an OG for real blood!

Congrats on searching and posting stats, your comment is still an absolute load of utter garbage.

Lol I agree.

He's not a top talent but he's a very good squad player to have for most PL sides' date=' Liverpool would benefit from having his experience IMO

Milner's a brilliant player and a great person to have at your club. Wish he'd sign a new contract at City but can understand his reasons for wanting to leave.

He's by no means brilliant, but his attitude is right on the pitch. He's a great team player, works hard and is probably a bit better technically than people would like to believe.

All top clubs can benefit from having Milner type players.

Agreed, at some points in a season you need these kinds of grounded types that do you a job. Park-ji-sung was that kind of player (arguably better though at that job).

haha' date=' what a bunch of desperate keyboard gangsters

started 17 league games 11/12[/quote']

You do realise you're actually proving the point that Milner is a regular for a top 4 team? That is what those stats are telling us all.

Every season he's started nearly 1/2 all the league games. That to me is the very definition of a regular first team player.

Pretty sure he would have to take a pay cut to be on 100k a week....

He's been offered over 150k at City' date=' we cant afford that. If Milner were to come he would most likely be our top earner. [b']A player that probably wouldn't start for us....[/b]

I'm not hating on Milner, he's a decent player, but at those wages, he certainly wouldnt be a freebie...

Hahahaha :D