ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Milner would not play ahead of Henderson' date=' Can or Coutinho at CM.[/quote']

Behave. Milner is so underrated (technically very good - not just a work horse!)and would definitely start. Him and Henderson in CM with a proper holding player behind would be excellent. Then Coutinho can play in behind 2 strikers or as a narrow inside forward and we can go back to winning. :D

Milner would not play ahead of Henderson' date=' Can or Coutinho at CM.[/quote']

Yeah and he definitely wouldn't get in place of Sterling on the wings for Manchester City either which is why he'd slot perfectly into your first team ;)

You do realise you're actually proving the point that Milner is a regular for a top 4 team? That is what those stats are telling us all.

Every season he's started nearly 1/2 all the league games. That to me is the very definition of a regular first team player.

I don't find this regular at all as any top player would not be happy playing half the games for his club and I am pretty sure they would be against low level sides.

jesus wept....

Behave. Milner is so underrated (technically very good - not just a work horse!)and would definitely start. Him and Henderson in CM with a proper holding player behind would be excellent. Then Coutinho can play in behind 2 strikers or as a narrow inside forward and we can go back to winning. :D

indeed. He would play alongisde Henderson.

Technical ah the buzz word. Matic is sooo highly rated as he is sooo technically gifted... :-/

no he is a unit that puts himself about. Milner could be our engine room.

I don't find this regular at all as any top player would not be happy playing half the games for his club and I am pretty sure they would be against low level sides.

so you quote the league games he started only?

he is actually the 5th highest player for minutes. Alongside David Silva & Lampard

have a look again he comes off the bench ALOT

pretty sure Milner plays every CL game for City this season

plus City rotate there squad

point null and void. dumb to even suggest he isnt a first team regular.

Goodness' date=' you genuinely think he would? He would POSSIBLY start on the wing[/quote']

Coutinho would be your only midfielder better than Milner, so unless Liverpool have adapted a 4-1-4 formation, I can't see how he wouldn't get in your team?

I understand Henderson is probably rated higher than Milner by you lot, and yeah, he arguably is better, but there's not much between them either way.

;3098413']jesus wept....

indeed. He would play alongisde Henderson.

Technical ah the buzz word. Matic is sooo highly rated as he is sooo technically gifted... :-/

no he is a unit that puts himself about. Milner could be our engine room.

Matic actually has better technique than you think.. Ramires however is another kettle of fish..

Coutinho would be your only midfielder better than Milner' date=' so unless Liverpool have adapted a 4-1-4 formation, I can't see how he wouldn't get in your team?

I understand Henderson is probably rated higher than Milner by you lot, and yeah, he arguably is better, but there's not much between them either way.[/quote']

Milner has played well for City this season,when I have seen him play,I wouldn't be too sure that Henderson is a better player,but they are both very different I guess..

haha' date=' what a bunch of desperate keyboard gangsters

started 17 league games in 14/15

started 12 league games in 13/14

started 19 league games in 12/13

started 17 league games 11/12[/quote']

If it makes you a Keyboard Gangster to point out that your point is complete tripe then so be it.......clearly you believe your opinion. above being challenged even when your in the wrong....

Your alleged point is complete tripe......Milner has been one of City's most used players this season across all competitions in games played, minutes etc etc....

If you come out with statements you can't back up, don't make them

Milner has played well for City this season' date='when I have seen him play,I wouldn't be too sure that Henderson is a better player,but they are both very different I guess..[/quote']

There has been a number of times this season where Milner has been City's best player, and in a squad like theirs, that's pretty impressive. Henderson is consistent though, he shows signs of brilliance, but this is the first season I've rated him, where as Milner has been at the level I see Henderson currently playing at for, maybe seven to ten years now? My opinion of course.

If he was getting only a handful a season I'd agree but he is no bit part player at City, as others say along with those starts he is a regular sub appearer too.

He is very much a first team player for Manchester City, heck even Stu's agreeing with us!

Actually Milner is used in big games too...

Arsenal 13 Sept 14

Bayern Munich 17 Sept 14

Chelsea 21 Sept 14

Roma 30 Sept 14

Spurs 18 Oct 14

CSKA 21 Oct 14

Manchester United 2 Nov 14

Bayern Munich 25 Nov 14

Roma 10 Dec 14

Arsenal 18 Jan 15

Chelsea 31 Jan 15

Barcelona 24 Feb 15

Liverpool 1 Mar 15

Barcelona 18 Mar 15

Manchester United 12 Apr 15

Spurs 3 May 15

Lots of Champions League games there plus he's played in every game against the top 3 other clubs Chelsea, United and Arsenal.

17 starts, 14 subs and 1665 mins in the PL alone... that's AVG 53mins per game over half of each game.... definitely a first team player.

So you know everything you just said well, it's objectively wrong.

Starting half of their games, chances are he appears in 70% or more of them, I don't know the statistics however. But he's often used as a sub if he's not on the pitch.

Milner has played well for City this season' date='when I have seen him play,I wouldn't be too sure that Henderson is a better player,but they are both very different I guess..[/quote']

Henderson is a better player, but I still think Milner on a free is a decent addition to the squad.

He wants to leave a Champions league club to join us, willing to take a pay cut, turn down (supposedly) much higher wages being offered at City, brings some much needed experience, can play a variety of roles and has the right attitude and will be a good type in the dressing room.

Besides he is probably bored stiff playing to all those vacant seats at the Emptihad :)

On a serious note Seems like a No Brainer on a free transfer....

Henderson is a better player' date=' but I still think Milner on a free is a decent addition to the squad.

He wants to leave a Champions league club to join us, willing to take a pay cut, turn down (supposedly) much higher wages being offered at City, brings some much needed experience, can play a variety of roles and has the right attitude and will be a good type in the dressing room.

Besides he is probably bored stiff playing to all those vacant seats at the Emptihad :)

On a serious note Seems like a No Brainer on a free transfer....[/quote']

Would you say much better? In my opinion they're of very similar ability, Milner having the advantage of being able to play in 875 different positions though.

Would you say much better? In my opinion they're of very similar ability' date=' Milner having the advantage of being able to play in 875 different positions though.[/quote']

IMO he is a better player.

Of course when comparing players it is all objective but I think Henderson has more ability with the ball and has shown this season in a season where we have struggled how influential he can be. His goals/assist record this season is hugely impressive and more importantly his general influence has been very good, he is improving all the time.

I'm not having a go at Milner said it many times he ain't my cup of tea but his signing if it happens makes perfect sense IMO.

People talk about 100k wages but without a transfer fee and he is taking a wage cut to join I can't see the issue, it frees up funds for other signings and all that stuff which I have run out of patience to type :P

Would you say much better? In my opinion they're of very similar ability' date=' Milner having the advantage of being able to play in 875 different positions though.[/quote']

Well who would you rather have in your team?

For me Henderson edges it, despite Milner's versatility being an obvious advantage I think Henderson really has come on leaps and bounds in the past 2 seasons. Definitely one of the best Liverpool players in the side and has age more on his side.

Either way any club who gets Milner for free is getting a good deal, he's experienced, hard working and like it or not a winner. Liverpool would do well to bring him in regardless of Sterling's future.

IMO he is a better player.

Of course when comparing players it is all objective but I think Henderson has more ability with the ball and has shown this season in a season where we have struggled how influential he can be. His goals/assist record this season is hugely impressive and more importantly his general influence has been very good' date=' he is improving all the time.

I'm not having a go at Milner said it many times he ain't my cup of tea but his signing if it happens makes perfect sense IMO.

People talk about 100k wages but without a transfer fee and he is taking a wage cut to join I can't see the issue, it frees up funds for other signings and all that stuff which I have run out of patience to type :P[/quote']

Yeah, Henderson has really stepped up this season, and impressed me quite a bit, his progression is clearly visible too.

Well who would you rather have in your team?

For me Henderson edges it' date=' despite Milner's versatility being an obvious advantage I think Henderson really has come on leaps and bounds in the past 2 seasons. Definitely one of the best Liverpool players in the side and has age more on his side.

Either way any club who gets Milner for free is getting a good deal, he's experienced, hard working and like it or not a winner. Liverpool would do well to bring him in regardless of Sterling's future.[/quote']

I'd rather Henderson for age/potential ect.. I just meant more the here and now, at the rate Henderson is improving, I can see him filling the void being left by Gerrard and then-some (Not meaning he'll be better than what Gerrard was) both great players though, and Liverpool would do well having both in their side.

You're not wrong. Even if he is better than Can, Can has far more potential to well surpass Milner so it would be foolish to stagnate his development because Milner 'offers a great work rate'. He wouldn't suit us on the wings either. He's neither a goal a threat the opposition would be worried of or a dangerous creative outlet who's going to get in behind the defence etc etc.

Can;

Henderson-----Milner;

Coutinho;

or

Henderson-----Can-------Milner;

Coutinho;

We can certainly fit all of them in the lineup if Milner join,and i think those 3 behind Coutinho will make our midfield far more balanced as all of them have great work rate and Coutinho will have freedom to create chances.

I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if that's how our midfield look like next season. With a fit Sturridge and good partner for him (either that means keeping Sterling, Origi hit the form immediately or other alternatives), i think that will be good lineup

If there is ever an underrated Englishmen's list - Milner should be somewhere at the top.

He's not flashy, boring, couldn't even get you excited when you saw his name on the team sheet but he get's the job done.

When you play him as winger, he delivered. You play him as central midfielder, he bust his lung off. When you put him as False 9 even, he scored. He just know what he should be doing and no messing around - proper definition of decent squad player.

I couldn't care less where he will end up playing for us - as long as it is Free Transfer, he can take Johnson's 110k/week wages for what's it's worth.

Just imagine Henderson - Milner pair, it's like having nearly 2 Dirk Kuyt, I'd take that. Especially when it means Joe Allen stop getting into the first XI.