Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Why on earth would Liverpool want to avoid the EL? Especially since winning it now grants access to the CL. I could understand avoiding it when there was no CL incentive' date=' but seeing how competitive the PL is for the top 4 spots, having a competition where you can also gain an additional CL spot is something any team such as Liverpool would grab with both hands, since they are the kind of team that is never sure whether they will be able to get into those top 4.

[b']I simply think this is Rodger's way of saying "goodbye" to Liverpool and his fans.[/b]

I hope the bold isn't true because this is the biggest middle finger to Liverpool fans I could think of.

Genuinely now, no jokes, I am actually really sad to see this happen to Liverpool. Today IMO marks the end of an era, Gerrard leaving and IMO the death of Liverpool as a top 4 contender.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of them in future challenges and not having Sterling in the XI that is losing 5-0 at half time kind of just re-enforces the idea that Sterling is moving for success not money, though I think he's been a little sod about it.

Honestly I can't even joke about this to you guys, this must hurt a lot... and for Gerrard... well this must just be the worst possible end to his brilliant career at the club.

The only way they can salvage this is to somehow come back and draw or win...

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

While the results embarrassing' date=' the way the players are acting to me just shows that Rodgers has lost the dressing room and when that happens there is no coming back, the results recently only back that up. He has to go, sooner the better, the collapse we've done in just a year is startling.[/quote']

Was thinking this myself, you have to think the players want him out.

I keep saying it, I believe Klopp will be on his way in(based on nothing but gut feeling).

He's the kind of manager you'll adore.

Was thinking this myself' date=' you have to think the players want him out.

I keep saying it, I believe Klopp will be on his way in(based on nothing but gut feeling).

He's the kind of manager you'll adore.[/quote']

Heaven forbid we suggest that again Danc, we were laughed out of the City thread and told how loved Rodgers is ;)

I can't see Rodgers keeping his job, this performance is the absolute rock bottom, no desire nothing.

I hope the bold isn't true because this is the biggest middle finger to Liverpool fans I could think of.

Genuinely now' date=' no jokes, I am actually really sad to see this happen to Liverpool. Today IMO marks the end of an era, Gerrard leaving and IMO the death of Liverpool as a top 4 contender.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of them in future challenges and not having Sterling in the XI that is losing 5-0 at half time kind of just re-enforces the idea that Sterling is moving for success not money, though I think he's been a little sod about it.

Honestly I can't even joke about this to you guys, this must hurt a lot... and for Gerrard... well this must just be the worst possible end to his brilliant career at the club.

[b']The only way they can salvage this is to somehow come back and draw or win...[/b]

You know how many Virgin Damsels they will have to have sacrificed, along with the number of Kalima Shakti de's performed at half time, to come back from a 5 goal lead on them?

Like...Alot...

Throw in a few hail Mary's and they might get 1 back?

They should just prey to all possible deities, like God, or Allah ,or the flying spaghetti monster, hell, prey even to the Scientology thing... If it makes them feel even a little more confident, it will defo help them...

It's hilarious but people are taking this way too far' date=' we got smashed off of MK Dons, it didn't mean no one would ever want to sign for us :o at the end of the day it's just one game[/quote']

At the end of the season, with a point to prove, when you leave out Sterling who wants out after questioning how good the club is....

What player is looking on at that Liverpool side and thinking, I can do well there, or that's the place for me?

I'm sorry to say this but Liverpool aren't recovering from this, not anytime soon, this for me is the nail in the coffin.

At the end of the season' date=' with a point to prove, when you leave out Sterling who wants out after questioning how good the club is....

What player is looking on at that Liverpool side and thinking, I can do well there, or that's the place for me?

I'm sorry to say this but Liverpool aren't recovering from this, not anytime soon, this for me is the nail in the coffin.[/quote']

Yeah but it statistically wouldn't make a difference if this game happened today or six months ago, they have a terrible team selection, that's a given, but that's more due to the manager, if by any chance they get Rafa back, or they just find whoever the right man is, anything could happen next season. I'm still enjoying this result though to be honest.

This thread has turned into the Official Moron Thread quite quickly.

Yes it's an embarrassing result and it'll probably get worse but this isn't going to change how players around the world view Liverpool, hopefully the board will meet and Rodgers will leave and the club can get in a new manager and repair the team with some investment. It was only this time last year we almost won the league and United were 7th. Things change quick in football and money talks, you're an idiot if you think Liverpool are suddenly never ever going to challenge for Top 4 ever again.

Yes it's an embarrassing result and it'll probably get worse but this isn't going to change how players around the world view Liverpool' date=' hopefully the board will meet and Rodgers will leave and the club can get in a new manager and repair the team with some investment. It was only this time last year we almost won the league and United were 7th. Things change quick in football and money talks, you're an idiot if you think Liverpool are suddenly never ever going to challenge for Top 4 ever again.[/quote']

The question is that do you have the money like United had?

Yeah but it statistically wouldn't make a difference if this game happened today or six months ago' date=' they have a terrible team selection, that's a given, but that's more due to the manager, if by any chance they get Rafa back, or they just find whoever the right man is, anything could happen next season. I'm still enjoying this result though to be honest.[/quote']

It will leave a lasting impression, when players look at where they might want to move to they'll see this last game, the lack of effort, the disjointedness, they'll see both Gerrard and Sterling leaving, no good player is going to want to join that...

This result is bigger than just a game it sends a message and not the right one...

I fear for Rodger's job.

We'll have funds' date=' not on Uniteds scale but all it takes is 2 or 3 good investments and the whole team looks different.

Lovely ovation from the Stoke fans for Gerrards goal.[/quote']

2/3 investment, I think more

Need that money to get them

Don't know what you're all on about. We'll have Origi next season' date=' we'll do the treble.[/quote']

Origi Lol

That could be the end for Rodgers' job then. I believe he is safe until today but this result might just change that. Klopp maybe really coming to us then if Rodgers leave.

Anyway,we may don't have the amount of money that United had when they also have similar condition last season,but i don't think we really need to buy Falcao or Di Maria-esque signing. What we need is more Coutinho,more Emre Can like signing and hopefully we can manage that

Yes it's an embarrassing result and it'll probably get worse but this isn't going to change how players around the world view Liverpool' date=' hopefully the board will meet and Rodgers will leave and the club can get in a new manager and repair the team with some investment. It was only this time last year we almost won the league and United were 7th. Things change quick in football and money talks, you're an idiot if you think Liverpool are suddenly never ever going to challenge for Top 4 ever again.[/quote']

OK, keep believing in Liverpool, things will get better, you'll sign the players you need to replace your most influential player for the past decade or so and you'll definitely get someone better than Sterling while also signing a top striker to sort everything out and Sturridge won't get injured and Mignolet will be great :) this 5-0 at half time won't put anyone off of at all :)

It's too late, players already don't view Liverpool the same. Would Sterling be looking to leave Liverpool in the 80s? Hell no? Even the 90s?

But now 2015 players like Sterling want out, and unfortunately this result shows why.

You were 2nd last year thanks to Suarez, I said selling him would be a hug mistake if you didn't replace and here we are...

Some truths are hard to take but I'd really re-adjust your expectations for next season...

You don't have the money to sort out these problems quick enough, nor the pulling power.