ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

OK' date=' keep believing in Liverpool, things will get better, you'll sign the players you need to replace your most influential player for the past decade or so and you'll definitely get someone better than Sterling while also signing a top striker to sort everything out and Sturridge won't get injured and Mignolet will be great :) this 5-0 at half time won't put anyone off of at all :)

It's too late, players already don't view Liverpool the same. Would Sterling be looking to leave Liverpool in the 80s? Hell no? Even the 90s?

But now 2015 players like Sterling want out, and unfortunately this result shows why.

You were 2nd last year thanks to Suarez, I said selling him would be a hug mistake if you didn't replace and here we are...

Some truths are hard to take but I'd really re-adjust your expectations for next season...

You don't have the money to sort out these problems quick enough, nor the pulling power.[/quote']

Sterling wants out because he's been badly advised by his agent, the same agent who's trying to also get Saido out of West brom

OK' date=' keep believing in Liverpool, things will get better, you'll sign the players you need to replace your most influential player for the past decade or so and you'll definitely get someone better than Sterling while also signing a top striker to sort everything out and Sturridge won't get injured and Mignolet will be great :) this 5-0 at half time won't put anyone off of at all :)

It's too late, players already don't view Liverpool the same. Would Sterling be looking to leave Liverpool in the 80s? Hell no? Even the 90s?

But now 2015 players like Sterling want out, and unfortunately this result shows why.

You were 2nd last year thanks to Suarez, I said selling him would be a hug mistake if you didn't replace and here we are...

Some truths are hard to take but I'd really re-adjust your expectations for next season...

You don't have the money to sort out these problems quick enough, nor the pulling power.[/quote']

Like Neville said, Liverpool need to stop looking into the past

Rodgers is stupid, say few weeks ago 5th is acceptable to go with other silly things said

You had a star Suarez, sold and wasted the money like tottenham

You don't have to pulling power like top 4

Mignolet, look at his performances n todays

No real RB, rotating formation n midfield, no Gerrard, no 20 goal striker

If you keep Coutinho quiet, nothing happens

with Sturridge, he might not be the same player

We've finished lower than this before and bounced back, we've got the money to do that.

You write paragraph after paragraph of absolute tosh that you believe is gospel, let's be honest, this result is a one off on the final game of a season that we've had nothing to play for for weeks.

United finished 7th last year, that's lower than what we are currently. There was no replacing Suarez and we didn't really have a choice on his sale.

STERLING ISN'T THAT GOOD, he's alright he isn't a great player and he is replaceable, he's not Suarez any team would struggle without Suarez he was and is World Class, we've been without a striker all season.

If you honestly think that Liverpool are done as a club because of one result in a pretty average season then you simply are an idiot. It takes some good investment in summer and we'll be challenging again, same as what United have done.

Clubs in a bit of turmoil but we've been in worse positions and comeback, ie under Hodgson and the end of the Hicks and Gilette ownership.

We've finished lower than this before and bounced back' date=' we've got the money to do that.

[b']STERLING ISN'T THAT GOOD, he's alright he isn't a great player and he is replaceable, he's not Suarez any team would struggle without Suarez he was and is World Class[/b], we've been without a striker all season.

If you honestly think that Liverpool are done as a club because of one result in a pretty average season then you simply are an idiot. It takes some good investment in summer and we'll be challenging again, same as what United have done.

Clubs in a bit of turmoil but we've been in worse positions and comeback, ie under Hodgson and the end of the Hicks and Gilette ownership.

I agree with the bold, but you never really brought a replacement because of 1 reason or another and panic buy Balotelli

Liverpool spent 90mil this year and 6th, it going to take a lot of investment which Liverpool hasn't got

top 4 will be a lot stronger next year

Time for Rodgers to go' date=' the seasons been completely unacceptable, the clubs stuck in a rut and it's plainly obvious that he's lost the dressing room.[/quote']

Last season I bet you was saying the club was moving forward and Brendan was going to take them to the next level...... oh.

Last season I bet you was saying the club was moving forward and Brendan was going to take them to the next level...... oh.

I think this season's been an example that Suarez was the main reason for last season.

I might be a little fickle when it comes to the manager situation but it's not been acceptable and I don't see how he can win back the squad and fans after this season, and going into a transfer window I don't think he deserves a chance to waste anymore money.

Sterling wants out because he's been badly advised by his agent' date=' the same agent who's trying to also get Saido out of West brom[/quote']

Terrible advice, bigger clubs are interested in you and this club is going downhill, lets make some money and leave :P

Awful, awful advice...

We've finished lower than this before and bounced back' date=' we've got the money to do that.

You write paragraph after paragraph of absolute tosh that you believe is gospel, let's be honest, this result is a one off on the final game of a season that we've had nothing to play for for weeks.

United finished 7th last year, that's lower than what we are currently. There was no replacing Suarez and we didn't really have a choice on his sale.

STERLING ISN'T THAT GOOD, he's alright he isn't a great player and he is replaceable, he's not Suarez any team would struggle without Suarez he was and is World Class, we've been without a striker all season.

Clubs in a bit of turmoil but we've been in worse positions and comeback, ie under Hodgson and the end of the Hicks and Gilette ownership.[/quote']

Like I said, you'll be fine, no player will be put off by losing so heavily in the last game, without passion, drive or any sort of effort, loads of top quality players or lesser known gems like Coutinho and Can will be lining up to join the club. With 3 signings you'll be back in contention for the top 4 definitely, City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal will strengthen but not enough to stop you returning...

Look what United did after finishing 7th... they broke records of transfers and paid a LOT of money to get back into the top 4, plus they had to change to a very experienced manager to do so.

It's even worse that Sterling isn't that good, because even the half decent players are wanting to leave thinking they are too good for the club... but don't worry because a few signings of quality will sort that, especially a top striker, not like Arsenal, United or anyone else will be looking for one of those.

The thing is look at historically your recent purchases, are any of them top 4 players? The club can't afford to do what United did and buy ready made...

Honestly guys I am not trolling you here but it's staring you in the face and I think you'll be very disappointed if you expect to finish 4th last season and attract players in the summer with that fresh in the mind...

I'll go out on a limb here, if Liverpool finish in the top 4 next season I'll buy Liverpool's home kit with 'I was wrong' or any phrase of your choosing on the back of it and post it onto the forum for you all to see.

I agree with the bold' date=' but you never really brought a replacement because of 1 reason or another and panic buy Balotelli

Liverpool spent 90mil this year and 6th, it going to take a lot of investment which Liverpool hasn't got

top 4 will be a lot stronger next year[/quote']

We had a net spend of around 50 million which just isn't good enough when you look at how the teams around us spent. We have the same problem every year, we dilly dally around in hope of getting a low price and end up being pipped by a rival and then we spend ridiculous amounts in order to avoid losing targets.

The clubs transfers have been diabolical for over a decade and a half now. This is probably the biggest transfer window in the club's history. I don't want Rodgers to be the man in charge of it.

I think this season's been an example that Suarez was the main reason for last season.

I might be a little fickle when it comes to the manager situation but it's not been acceptable and I don't see how he can win back the squad and fans after this season' date=' and going into a transfer window I don't think he deserves a chance to waste anymore money.[/quote']

FINALLY,

All of last summer I was telling you how Suarez was the reason you finished 2nd plus the lack of European football and NOW you admit it!

Seriously though Liverpool are screwed and that isn't funny, it's genuinely tragic that a clubs steeped in history is being held back by owners.

Terrible advice' date=' bigger clubs are interested in you and this club is going downhill, lets make some money and leave :P

Awful, awful advice...

Like I said, you'll be fine, no player will be put off by losing so heavily in the last game, without passion, drive or any sort of effort, loads of top quality players or lesser known gems like Coutinho and Can will be lining up to join the club. With 3 signings you'll be back in contention for the top 4 definitely, City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal will strengthen but not enough to stop you returning...

Look what United did after finishing 7th... they broke records of transfers and paid a LOT of money to get back into the top 4, plus they had to change to a very experienced manager to do so.

It's even worse that Sterling isn't that good, because even the half decent players are wanting to leave thinking they are too good for the club... but don't worry because a few signings of quality will sort that, especially a top striker, not like Arsenal, United or anyone else will be looking for one of those.

The thing is look at historically your recent purchases, are any of them top 4 players? The club can't afford to do what United did and buy ready made...

Honestly guys I am not trolling you here but it's staring you in the face and I think you'll be very disappointed if you expect to finish 4th last season and attract players in the summer with that fresh in the mind...

I'll go out on a limb here, if Liverpool finish in the top 4 next season I'll buy Liverpool's home kit with 'I was wrong' or any phrase of your choosing on the back of it and post it onto the forum for you all to see.[/quote']

The majority of what you wrote is sarcastic tosh in order to get a rise. Hopefully this result shows FSG we need some serious change.

Sterling is a one off, he's a player with a massive ego boosted by the fact that the media will hype any English player who can kick a ball. Hes a good player but he's not great and there's many players out there on his level right now who can come in.

The club needs investment and a new direction, we've been in worse positions and a couple of seasons after we ended up almost winning the league. Things change so quick in football that making predictions right now for the future is ridiculous and idiotic. Who'd have thought 10 years ago City would be where they are now? Things change.

The majority of what you wrote is sarcastic tosh in order to get a rise. Hopefully this result shows FSG we need some serious change.

Sterling is a one off' date=' he's a player with a massive ego boosted by the fact that the media will hype any English player who can kick a ball. Hes a good player but he's not great and there's many players out there on his level right now who can come in.

The club needs investment and a new direction, we've been in worse positions and a couple of seasons after we ended up almost winning the league. Things change so quick in football that making predictions right now for the future is ridiculous and idiotic. Who'd have thought 10 years ago City would be where they are now? Things change.[/quote']

No I'm using the sarcasm to illustrate how naive it is to think Liverpool are anywhere a top 4 finish... are much more than 2/3 players away I'm afraid. It seems to have worked in that it's maybe sinking in how stupid it sounds to the rest of us.

FSG won't change, they can't, they want to make money not make Liverpool champions again.

The thing is will the players see Sterling as a 1 off? Will other players joining look at Sterling and think no you're wrong to try to move to a bigger club you should stay at Liverpool despite their 6-1 defeat in the last game?

Honestly from the outside looking in it looks terrible, not every player loves Liverpool FC like the fans do and not every player understands it either. I genuinely feel bad for you all, genuinely but when some of you won't accept the obvious you need a kick to get you away from denial and into acceptance or next season is going to suck for you.

Name me any player who can come in to replace Sterling that would think they are attractive after that performance?

I am not predicting I am promising. Liverpool FC will not finish in the top 4 next season and if they do I will buy their home kit, with anything you want written on the back to United v Liverpool at Old Trafford in the season after next I will provide photographic proof :)

It's not going to happen.

We had a net spend of around 50 million which just isn't good enough when you look at how the teams around us spent. We have the same problem every year' date=' we dilly dally around in hope of getting a low price and end up being pipped by a rival and then we spend ridiculous amounts in order to avoid losing targets.

The clubs transfers have been diabolical for over a decade and a half now. This is probably the biggest transfer window in the club's history. I don't want Rodgers to be the man in charge of it.[/quote']

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/05/sevilla-monchi-moneyball-liverpool/

“The transfer policy was not about cutting costs. It was – and will be in the future – about getting maximum value for what is spent so that we can build quality and depth. […]

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages.”

Remember after all their transfer records blah blah blah this season, Manchester United barely got Champions League playoff spot mainly because of David De Gea,Ashley Young and Fellaini, 3 players that have been at United a season before.

Your statement is extremely arrogant Ben,although we know you won't admit it by writing long essays

No I'm using the sarcasm to illustrate how naive it is to think Liverpool are anywhere a top 4 finish... are much more than 2/3 players away I'm afraid. It seems to have worked in that it's maybe sinking in how stupid it sounds to the rest of us.

FSG won't change' date=' they can't, they want to make money not make Liverpool champions again.

The thing is will the players see Sterling as a 1 off? Will other players joining look at Sterling and think no you're wrong to try to move to a bigger club you should stay at Liverpool despite their 6-1 defeat in the last game?

Honestly from the outside looking in it looks terrible, not every player loves Liverpool FC like the fans do and not every player understands it either. I genuinely feel bad for you all, genuinely but when some of you won't accept the obvious you need a kick to get you away from denial and into acceptance or next season is going to suck for you.

Name me any player who can come in to replace Sterling that would think they are attractive after that performance?

I am not predicting I am promising. Liverpool FC will not finish in the top 4 next season and if they do I will buy their home kit, with anything you want written on the back to United v Liverpool at Old Trafford in the season after next I will provide photographic proof :)

It's not going to happen.[/quote']

Milner, Konoplyanka, Berahino, Bolasie etc

One result against Stoke won't change a players mind on a move, if Liverpools a step up for them they'll come and you're an idiot to think otherwise.

I guess nobody will sign for United because you were battered by MK Dons, don't be so naive to think one result changes everything.

Remember after all their transfer records blah blah blah this season' date=' Manchester United barely got Champions League playoff spot mainly because of David De Gea,Ashley Young and Fellaini, 3 players that have been at United a season before.

Your statement is extremely arrogant Ben,although we know you won't admit it by writing long essays[/quote']

you can name them but others have played there part to get us 4th, things has gone for/against united this season

Milner' date=' Konoplyanka, Berahino, Bolasie etc

One result against Stoke won't change a players mind on a move, if Liverpools a step up for them they'll come and you're an idiot to think otherwise.

I guess nobody will sign for United because you were battered by MK Dons, don't be so naive to think one result changes everything.[/quote']

why does everyone keep bring up that result? Look at that lineup that day, Only 1 player is playing for United atm and that's the keeper

Lvg still were trying to get his philosopy into United

Them players you name, isn't a step up

Remember after all their transfer records blah blah blah this season' date=' Manchester United barely got Champions League playoff spot mainly because of David De Gea,Ashley Young and Fellaini, 3 players that have been at United a season before.

Your statement is extremely arrogant Ben,although we know you won't admit it by writing long essays[/quote']

I'll admit it is arrogant but come the end of next season we'll see who is right.

I'm willing to bet on Liverpool not being in the top 4 are you willing to bet they will be?

See no essay needed ;)

Milner' date=' Konoplyanka, Berahino, Bolasie etc

I guess nobody will sign for United because you were battered by MK Dons, don't be so naive to think one result changes everything.[/quote']

Do you think those kinds of signings will be enough to push Liverpool into the top 4 though, even if you got everyone on that list I'd be stunned.

As I say, I'll happily take that wager with anyone on here that Liverpool won't finish in the top 4 next season.

United were battered by MK Dons, but we finished 4th and have money to spend on better players and we've already signed a very exciting young winger in Depay. Already we're improving and the window isn't really even open yet.

Genuinely I know it comes across as arrogant but it's delusional to think Liverpool will be in the top 4 next season... they are very far behind.

Two things:

1) That result is massively blown out of proportion. The supposed effects this is gonna have are downright ridiculous.

2) Klopp ain't the right man for Liverpool.

Well it could be the straw that breaks the camels back..

Do you think those kinds of signings will be enough to push Liverpool into the top 4 though' date=' even if you got everyone on that list I'd be stunned.

As I say, I'll happily take that wager with anyone on here that Liverpool won't finish in the top 4 next season.

United were battered by MK Dons, but we finished 4th and have money to spend on better players and we've already signed a very exciting young winger in Depay. Already we're improving and the window isn't really even open yet.

Genuinely I know it comes across as arrogant but it's delusional to think Liverpool will be in the top 4 next season... they are very far behind.[/quote']

I'm not saying we'll finish there next season but you're confidently writing off that we won't make it there for the considerable future on the back of a one-off result. It's arrogant and idiotic.

United have played like tosh all season, Liverpool finish like 7 points behind without a striker all season after selling their best player and spending almost a £100 million less and you've had no Europe to contend with all season and went out of both cups early on. That's not far behind, this is almost the same squad that won a league last season, we've had an average season simple as, it's not the end of the club or our Top 4 hopes forever. This result isn't surprising why? Because it's been plainly obvious since the Hull game that these players are on their holidays and Rodgers has lost the dressing room.

We need strengthening and hopefully the players who have struggled will have settled next season. I also hope the club takes a new direction with regards to transfers and the manager.

You're making predictions for next season on the back of this result and before the transfer window has even opened, it's beyond stupid.