ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Simon Rowntree @Simon_Rowntree

I am at the Britannia Stadium and I can hear #LFC fans shouting racist abuse and waving bananas towards Raheem Sterling. This is disgusting.

If that's true then completely disgraceful.

No one deserves that, he should definitely go.

1) Potentially agree but also disagree' date=' that team against Stoke did not look like they were playing for the shirt or the manager, might have lost his dressing room IMO.[/quote']

It's last games of the season for Godness sake, with nothing else to play. You are reading the game too much.

2) Rodgers said judge me after 3 years and that if you spend over £100m you should challenge for a title, now is the time to judge his project, my diagnosis, failure (but not his fault the owners for not investing properly)
Pretty sure when he said that, he got the idea of total control - in terms of transfers etc, so since he didn't have that - I'm happy to give him another season.
4)You do if you lose one of the best players in the world, Suarez was massive for the club. With Suarez here you'd have top 4 and a chance of more.
So, then all we need to do is unearthed another 'World Class' player? What so hard to understand if someone suggested we might actually need 2/3 spot on transfer to bounce back? Not like it is never being done before;

09/10 - 7th

10/11 - Signed Suarez in Jan - 6th

11/12 - 8th

12/13 - Signed Sturridge + Coutinho in Jan - 7th

13/14 - 2nd

3 very decent players coming in, in the spans of 3 season and we are back in Top 4, even nearly winning the thing. So, it's not all impossible.

5) Money that the board won't spend, or at least won't spend on the quality they need.
And you know this how?

Their recent records are very good; they gave interest free loan to the club, and they also gave permission to spend all the money coming from selling players.

6) You can play attractive football, but I think most would like to see Champions League again, I know players would rather that too because Arsenal offer both and a London lifestyle.
I know, but still few transfers can still work out - just like Coutinho and Sturridge, the kind of players that out of favor, going under radar - but turned out real well for us.

Simon Rowntree @Simon_Rowntree

I am at the Britannia Stadium and I can hear #LFC fans shouting racist abuse and waving bananas towards Raheem Sterling. This is disgusting.

CFx9VW0WEAAVWpo.jpg

kVd5Oqa.jpg

Showing their true colours I guess.

I completely agree United this season are not a good side' date=' check the United thread an I gave our season a 5.9/10 for all factors... we've been very poor.

United also aren't playing better because of a new manager and injuries.

Equally though Liverpool have been worse, and so are in a worse position going into the next season, so in theory they have to improve more than United do.

The problem Liverpool will have is that other clubs are in a better position to strengthen, even a weak United side will improve a lot with the cash they have available and Champions League football which is why I am so confident Liverpool won't get top 4.[/quote']

I wouldnt back us either. However, with the opposition so inconsistent there will always be a chance. I do feel that the league has really dropped in quality lately. We would need for things to really click, like it hasnt all season, for us to come back. Last season nobody predicted that we would nearly win the league, but it happened. Just shows how unpredictable the game we love is

Well what a day!

As well as we played and as unbelievable the result Liverpool didn't really turn up today, mentally or physically.

I think some of the comments are a little over the top, some making it seem like Liverpool are finished as a club. I agree that a top four position will be tough for a while but they are still a big club in the league.

It's last games of the season for Godness sake' date=' with nothing else to play. You are reading the game too much.[/quote']

Gerrard's last game for Liverpool too, you'd think they'd try and give him a send off, Liverpool showed nothing today which is the concern, I don't care if it's the last game of the season they should be looking to prove a point.

Pretty sure when he said that, he got the idea of total control - in terms of transfers etc, so since he didn't have that - I'm happy to give him another season.

Even so with guidance surely it should be better?

I think he might be gone given his comment about leaving.

So, then all we need to do is unearthed another 'World Class' player? What so hard to understand if someone suggested we might actually need 2/3 spot on transfer to bounce back? Not like it is never being done before;

09/10 - 7th

10/11 - Signed Suarez in Jan - 6th

11/12 - 8th

12/13 - Signed Sturridge + Coutinho in Jan - 7th

13/14 - 2nd

14/15 - 6th

3 very decent players coming in, in the spans of 3 season and we are back in Top 4, even nearly winning the thing. So, it's not all impossible.

Oh sorry, I forgot how easy it was to do that bold bit, excuse me I have a Liverpool shirt to buy :P

You're acting like Liverpool will just pluck a saviour out of thin air, so go ahead and tell me who this next gem is that will save you?

If I said United just need to sign one world class player to succeed you'd laugh in my face... and rightly so.

You also haven't ever bounced back, you had one good season then you went back to where you've been in previous years, around 6th or 7th.

If your transfer policy is unearth a world class player most season's then I worry for you I really do besides you don't have Suarez anymore so you don't have the player that gave you 2nd. You've gone back to square one.

You're not looking at what other clubs will also do in those 3 years, Chelsea are going nowhere, Arsenal look very good for next season and City will always be spending to improve along with United.

If all the other clubs stood still this summer and Liverpool bought in 3 very good players then they'd have a chance IMO and I wouldn't be saying what I have about their top 4 chances but this won't happen and IMO the gap is going to get bigger.

And you know this how?

Their recent records are very good; they gave interest free loan to the club, and they also gave permission to spend all the money coming from selling players.

Look at their transfer history at your club and tell me with a straight face you expect the club to make a worldie type signing that will save you this summer.

Ings, Berahino, Bolasie, Milner these are the players realistically you'll get, they'll improve you but not enough to be ahead of the others IMO.

I know, but still few transfers can still work out - just like Coutinho and Sturridge, the kind of players that out of favor, going under radar - but turned out real well for us.

Of course transfers can work out, but most don't genuinely I'd like to know who you think Liverpool could sign this summer that will improve them and potentially turn out like Coutinho or Sturridge.

I'm right though and certainly not trolling as my points are valid' date=' if I were trolling I'd just say LOL or something stupid.[/quote']

So you are saying you are actually being serious about that?

Liverpool's future and possible transfers, and heck even club direction would be determined by meaningless last games of the season where all the players don't have any sort of motivation and they might as well can't wait for the final whistel and to go to holiday the next day? I'll be damned.

That performance does not make the club look good to lose so heavily on the last day. It could well put off targets especially with Gerrard gone and Sterling likely to leave.
You are reading the game too much.
As I've said before suggest to me the 2/3 players Liverpool could realistically sign that would save them and I'd happily be convinced otherwise.
I'm not gonna entertain you with another set of names, because we both know how it will end. Variable and all that.

For all I care, there could be another players that suffering from possible mental illness that could lead us back into Top 4, and still playing in some average league. Who knows.

Ah Good to see the morons having a field day on the thread, good luck to them even though we apparently don't matter as a club it always amuses me how many of them are that genuinely fascinated by us that they can't leave this thread.

Embaressing result and day but we ain't the first, we won't be the last this happens to United, Arsenal etc etc have all had Embaressing days and defeats but the suggestion that one result seems to signal the death of. Liverpool football club is highly amusing.....

Complete OTT reaction mainly from opposition fans they seems to forget we have been crap in the early 90's we came back, we were crap around the Hicks, Gillette era, we came back....even in those times people were saying the same rubbish they are saying now...

Anyway if we move on from all the people who clearly know jack about this club the reality is ahead of an end of season assessment with the owners that is about as bad an audition as you are going to get. I have and still believe Rodgers has admirable qualities and personally it is the easy thing to say lets see him gone and TBH there is an argument for it now but we will just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Rodgers is culpable but today the players were the major players at fault, no heart, no charachter, no fight for the cause and whether that was because of an end of season switch off mentally more than physically or they have just lost all confidence/belief in the manager that is the main issue.

No player in world football is going to turn around and say I was going to join Liverpool but they got hammered by Stoke so I will change my mind, people who believe that are short of a few brain cells.

Terrible result, but TBh ah I expected us to lose and even laid us for the first time ever on my betfair account, this result although an total abject pitiful display has zero impact on its own on us going forward.

I won't be watching Match Of The Day though. ;)

I wouldnt back us either. However' date=' with the opposition so inconsistent there will always be a chance. I do feel that the league has really dropped in quality lately. We would need for things to really click, like it hasnt all season, for us to come back. Last season nobody predicted that we would nearly win the league, but it happened. Just shows how unpredictable the game we love is[/quote']

I understand there is a chance of course I just would bet a handsome sum against it.

The league really has dropped in quality though definitely agree there. United are as big a culprit as anyone else for this.

So you are saying you are actually being serious about that?

Yep' date=' I fully believe that players will be put off moving to Liverpool by your performances this season.

Liverpool's future and possible transfers, and heck even club direction would be determined by meaningless last games of the season where all the players don't have any sort of motivation and they might as well can't wait for the final whistel and to go to holiday the next day? I'll be damned.

That's your problem right there, no player should have that attitude especially in Gerrard's last game.

I never said it would be I said it could be a factor.

You are reading the game too much.

And you too little, you think performances where you concede 5 goals in the first half just happen? That's the first time it's happened to Liverpool... that isn't a good way to end a season.

I'm not gonna entertain you with another set of names, because we both know how it will end. Variable and all that.

The fact is you don't have a set of names, none of you have a set of players that you could seriously suggest as possible targets of top 4 quality and this is the problem, none of you want to admit it but you haven't got the next Luis Suarez lined up, at best it looks like James Milner who is good enough for a top 4 side but won't do a Luis and drag you up to 2nd.

Any target that could improve you enough will likely go to City, Arsenal, Chelsea or United who are well ahead of you in the pecking order and have either more money, better players or a more marketable location on offer as well as Champions League football.

For all I care, there could be another players that suffering from possible mental illness that could lead us back into Top 4, and still playing in some average league. Who knows.

Could be, but there isn't is there, I wouldn't want any transfer window success to be reliant on miracles.

All your essay end up with' date=' "proved me this, proved me that, give me a name".

So, I'm not gonna bother.

Things change real fast in football and to make such damning prediction are just plain ridiculous.[/quote']

Of course I am asking for names or something! When I make an argument I expect and am looking for a counter argument that can convince me otherwise, so far every single one of you has backed away... because you don't know of anyone who would come.

That's the whole point of a debate, arguments and counter arguments so far nobody can counter my argument that there is no player who you can think of that would choose Liverpool as their next club.

Provide a name and I might agree with you or don't and I'll take it as you don't know and so must agree there isn't going to be a lord and saviour signing this summer and that Liverpool won't finish top 4...

Ah Good to see the morons having a field day on the thread' date=' good luck to them even though we apparently don't matter as a club it always amuses me how many of them are that genuinely fascinated by us that they can't leave this thread.

Embaressing result and day but we ain't the first, we won't be the last this happens to United, Arsenal etc etc have all had Embaressing days and defeats but the suggestion that one result seems to signal the death of. Liverpool football club is highly amusing.....

Complete OTT reaction mainly from opposition fans they seems to forget we have been crap in the early 90's we came back, we were crap around the Hicks, Gillette era, we came back....even in those times people were saying the same rubbish they are saying now...

Anyway if we move on from all the people who clearly know jack about this club the reality is ahead of an end of season assessment with the owners that is about as bad an audition as you are going to get. I have and still believe Rodgers has admirable qualities and personally it is the easy thing to say lets see him gone and TBH there is an argument for it now but we will just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Rodgers is culpable but today the players were the major players at fault, no heart, no charachter, no fight for the cause and whether that was because of an end of season switch off mentally more than physically or they have just lost all confidence/belief in the manager that is the main issue.

No player in world football is going to turn around and say I was going to join Liverpool but they got hammered by Stoke so I will change my mind, people who believe that are short of a few brain cells.

Terrible result, but TBh ah I expected us to lose and even laid us for the first time ever on my betfair account, this result although an total abject pitiful display has zero impact on its own on us going forward.

I won't be watching Match Of The Day though. ;)[/quote']

The voice of reason arrives and even for how much we have disagreed over the season I completely agree with everything you've said today. Will be interesting to see what happens on regards to Rodgers, while I like the man I dont really see a way back for him, if he has lost the dressing room which is my guess then it'd take a big rebuilding job to fix it and it'd be financially wiser to call it a day and part ways.

As for the United fans their bile has been building since they finished in 7th last season, let them have their day :P

As you've said this one result won't change recruitment plans, the only thing this result will have an impact on will be Rodgers future. Fox Sports reporting a crisis meeting to take place tomorrow how reliable they're is up for debatdebate.

The voice of reason arrives and even for how much we have disagreed over the season I completely agree with everything you've said today. Will be interesting to see what happens on regards to Rodgers' date=' while I like the man I dont really see a way back for him, if he has lost the dressing room which is my guess then it'd take a big rebuilding job to fix it and it'd be financially wiser to call it a day and part ways.

[b']As for the United fans their bile has been building since they finished in 7th last season, let them have their day :P[/b]

As you've said this one result won't change recruitment plans, the only thing this result will have an impact on will be Rodgers future. Fox Sports reporting a crisis meeting to take place tomorrow how reliable they're is up for debatdebate.

My bile has been building because of indigestion...

Ah Good to see the morons having a field day on the thread' date=' good luck to them even though we apparently don't matter as a club it always amuses me how many of them are that genuinely fascinated by us that they can't leave this thread.

Been waiting for you ray... B)

I do think this is a nail in the coffin, it's a sign of how far backwards the club has gone since Suarez left. You can blame whatever you like injuries etc but you've not been good enough without him.

The difference now Ray is money, there is more of it available to the top 4 teams who are way ahead of Liverpool in that regard.

That's the problem about today's result it showed how little the players cared, if United lost 5-1 to Hull today and showed what Liverpool showed I would be bricking it for next season thinking what the hell has gone wrong!

Equally though no player in the world is going to see that result and think 'Oh they look good' it will make them think about moving at least a little bit, it was a terrible performance who is looking at that thinking yep that's a club I'd like to join?

All that aside though...

I'm genuinely interested to know Ray and everyone else if you had to pick a top 4 for next season would Liverpool be in it?

Rodgers' post match comments don't seem to be that of a man who is confident of being st the club next season.

Suppose he's merely stating facts which can be interpreted to mean whatever you like. I've been convinced Klopp would be at Anfield next season ever since the announcement was made.

Will be interesting to see what happens at Anfield during the summer months.

Not going to reply to everybody on all points as I can't be arsed but the major ones...

Ani the bile must spread made me chuckle....:P

Danc Rodgers just said what you would expect anybody in his situation to say he can't really say anything else but trot out the standard lines, today is not a day for him to jumping up and down and screaming his credentials. it was a humbling day and all that jazz but really before today I was totally confident that Rodgers would be here next season, even a defeat today wouldn't have changed my view on it but the MANNER of the defeat is what may change things do the owners say it as an aberration or an indication of something deeper.....

Syn nice to see we agree for once, it was going to happen one day, totally with you on the OTT stuff totally blown out of all proportion. :)

Ben if you seriously think one result signals the death of a football club then that is about the most absurd statement I have heard and I thought you was a sensible chap, things change in football all the time United didn't die when they lost 4-0 to MK Dons etc etc.

No player is going to look at one result and make that change his mind on a potential transfer again that is so far fetched and non sensical.

With regards top four of course we wouldn't be favourites to be in it next season, but we ain't without a chance either and again it is silly season for anybody to make predictions on next season when there is going to be mass movement in the market from all sides and none of us have a crystal ball to know what each side is and is not going to be able to do/achieve in the transfer market during the summer.

The recruitment has to be better that is for sure but as of now we just need to decide what we are going to do firstly with regards the manager and then we can plan from there.

Ben C is right in what he saying even know he hardly agrees with me

Liverpool are not a top side' date=' what can they offer to a worldie of a player?[/quote']

Absolutey nothing that's what. I said start of season we would finish ahead of this under performing bunch and we did. Liverpool will struggle to attract world class players, they always have.

This performance today was diabolical. Rogers must go. New blood, if any can be forced to join must come. Money was spent the totally wrong way during the transfer window last season/this season. Of course, losing Suarez was always going to be difficult, but this was way below par for a side that should well and truly be challenging for medals.

Absolutey nothing that's what. I said start of season we would finish ahead of this under performing bunch and we did. Liverpool will struggle to attract world class players' date=' they always have.

This performance today was diabolical. Rogers must go. New blood, if any can be forced to join must come. Money was spent the totally wrong way during the transfer window last season/this season. Of course, losing Suarez was always going to be difficult, but this was way below par for a side that should well and truly be challenging for medals.[/color']

230077_5_.gif

United fans are in for a very nasty shock next season.

I reckon we'll finish 4th again next season, Chelsea, City and Arsenal are ahead of us by far IMO.

Unless we recruit incredibly well.

Absolutey nothing that's what. I said start of season we would finish ahead of this under performing bunch and we did. Liverpool will struggle to attract world class players' date=' they always have.

This performance today was diabolical. Rogers must go. New blood, if any can be forced to join must come. Money was spent the totally wrong way during the transfer window last season/this season. Of course, losing Suarez was always going to be difficult, but this was way below par for a side that should well and truly be challenging for medals.[/color']

Just lol. What bout your other 100 wrong predictions? (See sig)