Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

150k a week isn't over-spending? He's paid more than Özil, Alexis, Cazorla etc. He's a good squad player, very versatile but I wouldn't say a squad player warrants that pay comparatively speaking. Certainly gunna need a lot more to get you anywhere near competing for a top four place again.

Infernitoed - I wouldn't want Sterling anywhere near us, as clueless as Gibbs is defending, he's decent going forward and has a good future ahead of him. Hopefully he'll have gained a few brain cells by the time Monners legs have gone but that's for a different thread.

150k a week isn't over-spending? He's paid more than Özil' date=' Alexis, Cazorla etc. He's a good squad player, very versatile but I wouldn't say a squad player warrants that pay comparatively speaking. Certainly gunna need a lot more to get you anywhere near competing for a top four place again.

Infernitoed - I wouldn't want Sterling anywhere near us, as clueless as Gibbs is defending, he's decent going forward and has a good future ahead of him. Hopefully he'll have gained a few brain cells by the time Monners legs have gone but that's for a different thread.

[/quote']

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration the fact that there was no transfer fee involved for James Milner. Let's say it's 150,000 a week, that is approximately 7.5m a year. Make that into a four year deal, 30m in total contracts. Consider you sign him for 15m instead, and then give him 100,000 a week, that turns out to be 35m, so at the end of the day, it all balances out.

I'm not going to even start on your views on Gibbs and Sterling.

AS are reporting that Barca have agreed a five year deal for Aleix Vidal of Sevilla' date=' which would make Montoya fourth choice. However with their transfer ban he wouldn't be able to play until Jan 2016, so cant see Montoya or Alves leaving.[/quote']

Alves leaving has nothing to do with Barca now, if he signs a new contract, he'll stay (obviously) otherwise he's going.

And how is Montoya fourth choice? It would be Alves, Vidal, Montoya, Douglas

AS are reporting that Barca have agreed a five year deal for Aleix Vidal of Sevilla' date=' which would make Montoya fourth choice. However with their transfer ban he wouldn't be able to play until Jan 2016, so cant see Montoya or Alves leaving.[/quote']

I thought Barcelona was 2 transfer markets banned and couldn't do any transfer activity, prob bent the rules somehow

Media is saying Alves has signed a pre contact with United

Liverpool still going to struggle

I thought Barcelona was 2 transfer markets banned and couldn't do any transfer activity' date=' prob bent the rules somehow

Media is saying Alves has signed a pre contact with United

Liverpool still going to struggle[/quote']

Barca can't register players, but they can still sign them. Will only be able to register when the winter window starts in Jan 2016.

Still no improvement

You've always talked the biggest load of rubbish but you used to at least try and reason it. It's actually irritating coming onto this thread just to see a bunch of pointless one line remarks from you.

A 22 year old who scored 11 goals in his first ever season in the premier league for a side that got relegated is definitely a step in the right direction, as his movement and pace will more than probably work very well with Coutinho and Henderson behind him. Sure he's not the big name striker but he's set to cost us £8 million or less, and I still expect us to chase other strikers in the remaining 2 months before the season begins. The transfer window has not even officially opened yet so it's promising to see the club at least trying to get things done.

You've always talked the biggest load of rubbish but you used to at least try and reason it. It's actually irritating coming onto this thread just to see a bunch of pointless one line remarks from you.

A 22 year old who scored 11 goals in his first ever season in the premier league for a side that got relegated is definitely a step in the right direction' date=' as his movement and pace will more than probably work very well with Coutinho and Henderson behind him. Sure he's not the big name striker but he's set to cost us £8 million or less, and I still expect us to chase other strikers in the remaining 2 months before the season begins. The transfer window has not even officially opened yet so it's promising to see the club at least trying to get things done.[/quote']

Liverpool might as well gone after Austin as he done more last season, I just dont think Ings is top 4 material

Like people on twitter are saying Liverpool goes after prospect instead of proven players

Liverpool might as well gone after Austin as he done more last season' date=' I just dont think Ings is top 4 material

Like people on twitter are saying Liverpool goes after prospect instead of proven players[/quote']

So far this window we've sign 2 players. One, Danny Ings - yes okay he's in the "prospect" category. However I am not sure how James Milner isn't classed as a "proven" player. And your comment on Austin sums up your knowledge of football. There's not really any point me trying to explain but if you think for a minute you'll see that Ings is a pacey striker who can drift wide and get in behind the defence, which is much more suitable for our style compared to a target man and you can clearly see that from Rickie Lambert and to an extent Mario Balotelli's time here. Why do you think Rodgers never wanted to give Carroll a chance.

Milner, Ings and Bogdan- three dependable players, not super-stars, but those who should get the job done/provide competition for places. Ings is a definite upgrade on Lambert, Borini and Balotelli, while Bogdan is an upgrade on Jones.

Liverpool have done well so far in terms of transfers, let's see whether they can follow it up.

Milner' date=' Ings and Bogdan- three dependable players, not super-stars, but those who should get the job done/provide competition for places. Ings is a definite upgrade on Lambert, Borini and Balotelli, while Bogdan is an upgrade on Jones.

Liverpool have done well so far in terms of transfers, let's see whether they can follow it up.[/quote']

Really? depends on their ambition I guess.Those signings should keep them around the top 7. ;)

Really? depends on their ambition I guess.Those signings should keep them around the top 7. ;)

I actually agree.. I think this signing just signals our ambition now. Completely depressing... we can't compete with the big boys anymore in terms of money no, but we should still be able to do better than Danny Ings and Adam Bogdan... lol... :(

I actually agree.. I think this signing just signals our ambition now. Completely depressing... we can't compete with the big boys anymore in terms of money no' date=' but we should still be able to do better than Danny Ings and Adam Bogdan... lol... :([/quote']

Would of been interesting to read comments on here back in the 80's when Liverpool signed Ian Rush from a "small club" ect

Ings had a great season considering who was playing around him and if he pushes on again could turn into the bargain of this transfer window, any player is a gamble, look at Balo & Di Maria both proven, both flops

I think it's some very astute business.

Milner on a free' date=' compensation for Ings, Bogdan on a free. When you think of the money wasted by Rodgers so far I think this could be a very good start to the transfer window for you.[/quote']

Ash,they are not signings that will scare anyone are they?

Would of been interesting to read comments on here back in the 80's when Liverpool signed Ian Rush from a "small club" ect

Ings had a great season considering who was playing around him and if he pushes on again could turn into the bargain of this transfer window' date=' any player is a gamble, look at Balo & Di Maria both proven, both flops[/quote']

Was Balotelli really proven though?

Ings had a great season considering who was playing around him and if he pushes on again could turn into the bargain of this transfer window' date=' any player is a gamble, look at Balo & Di Maria both proven, both flops[/quote']

Football just isn't the same as it was back then though.. the step up now is much bigger with all the foreign talent we now have in the league. I really hope he does push on again and does well here. I'm just struggling to be happy for likely having to pay £5-6m for Danny Ings. I wouldn't consider Di Maria a flop just yet tbh.. his return has been alright, certainly hasn't paid off the fee that he came for, but he came from a foreign league, he does need time to adjust.. next season I think we can judge him properly on that, but agree with Balotelli.