• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Whos your preferred bidder mate?

nesv - dont trust that singapore one bit (when he was in it) and hell no to mill financial

SOP ~ I'm just curious... What are the obvious negatives with NESV ? (and no' date=' them not having owned a futbol club before doesn't count. no one who buys a futbol club has owned one before)

I have some thoughts on this, but am just curious what others see as the negatives...[/quote']

without wanting to sound like a xenophobe a lot of people will take a long time to trust americans due to hicks & gillett and the glazers of the world (although looking at NESV i'm fairly optimistic their plan is more along the arsenal lines)

So it looks like Hicks Gillet & Mill Finance have all failed in their attempts to stop the sale to NESV going through

Mill Finance were refused the fit and proper test by the EPL as they need to be agreed by the LFC board first, and that was the final nail in the coffin.

However - Hicks and Gillet remain on a path to try an claim upto £1bill damages from RBS and LFC.................

If Hicks and Gillett had put anywhere near as much effort in running the club as they put into not selling it, they'd have ended up as a great owners. It's sad to see such people still living in this world...

On the other hand, Hodgson could really use some players like these two - hold on to the club till the last minute :eek::o

Roy Hodgeson has made contact with the Chile PM to find out how you can get out of a big black hole before Xmas
The Chilean miners have been offered season tickets to all the home games at Anfield for life. 31 of the 33 miners have asked if they can go back down the hole

I take my leave...:P

George Gillet And Tom Hicks <3 <3

If you are a United fan I think you're the one that should be wishing this had ben United getting rid of their owners

PS Just annoyed David Gill :D

He was outside OT about to go home when he got flocked by loads of Irish tourists - all cos I pointed him out :D he didn't look too happy

That's the third time I got him now :D

If you are a United fan I think you're the one that should be wishing this had ben United getting rid of their owners

He was outside OT about to go home when he got flocked by loads of Irish tourists - all cos I pointed him out :D he didn't look too happy

That's the third time I got him now :D

LOL

Next time just point at a random grey haired man that looks similarish and say look its David Gill :P

However - Hicks and Gillet remain on a path to try an claim upto £1bill damages from RBS and LFC.................

they've dropped now

epic.jpg?t=1287150829

you forgot ginsoak too for jumping into bed with them

The Chilean miners have been offered season tickets to all the home games at Anfield for life. 31 of the 33 miners have asked if they can go back down the hole

The only thing the Chilean miners had in common with Liverpool Football club, is that they managed to maintain the loyal support and well wishes of their followers and supporters despite the troubling times they have been suffering :)

The 31 miners you quoted must have been gloryhunting Man U armchair supporters who have never been to Old Trafford (and never will) and who will soon be switching allegiance to become Man City fans ;):P

Well done on getting took over and I hope you can finally get some stability,you seem to have a very nice guy in John Henry and someone who has shown that he knows what his doing on the other side of the pond,one thing I didn't know was that one of NESV's sister companies Fenway Sports Group will be Fulham's shirt sponsor from next season,It seems you know have a sensible amount of money behind you which means you will compete in the transfer market but not go completely overboard in it like other teams have,I think Liverpool just need to write off this season already and focus on been a stable club again because I think Henry can provide that from the evidence I have seen so far,you can never really trust an owner until a certain period of time but the initial signs look good,anyway best of luck for the rest of the season except for when you play Newcastle.

Well done on getting took over and I hope you can finally get some stability' date='you seem to have a very nice guy in John Henry and someone who has shown that he knows what his doing on the other side of the pond,one thing I didn't know was that [b']one of NESV's sister companies Fenway Sports Group will be Fulham's shirt sponsor from next season[/b],It seems you know have a sensible amount of money behind you which means you will compete in the transfer market but not go completely overboard in it like other teams have,I think Liverpool just need to write off this season already and focus on been a stable club again because I think Henry can provide that from the evidence I have seen so far,you can never really trust an owner until a certain period of time but the initial signs look good,anyway best of luck for the rest of the season except for when you play Newcastle.

Actually, Fenway Sprots Marketing is like a smaller IMG. They are actually lining up another company to be Fulham's sponsor. They are basically using their marketing connections to get Fulham a big sponsor that might have a different geographic reach (i.e. US).

PART 1

FbbEvNJK6KU

PART 2

yPi5pwXGunM

I love how he positioned himself in front of the "future" Stanley Park photo

I think one of the interesting things that he said was that he wants "the truth to come out in the English Courts." I can't tell you how big a blow that is against him. The fact that he won't be running the show with his home Court advantage in Texas (sorry for the pun) is massive IMO! The guy rarely ever loses @ home...

Well what day, what a week after much tooing and frooing finally Liverpool have got the right result.

This is a great day in the history of this great club if not the greatest most importnat victory we have ever had with the removal of the debt that has crippled this club, we can finally move forward as a club.

Hicks and gillette have lef a legacy of lies, massive lies and damming statistics. They brought this club to its knees with false hopes, broken promises and the thought of bringing a great institution and treating it with utter contempt. There record makes for damming reading and even now he is still lying, it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Great credit must go to Martin Broughton, an Ayre and Christian Purslow. despite many on here doubting there credability, there loyalty they have proven in no uncertain terms where there support lies and that is with the club nd its supporters. Many people doubted Purslow especially but I always said I felt he hd the best interests of the club at heart and so it hs proved. You have to remember how brave and courageous they were to stand up to the people that employ you and fight for what is right, they deserve consierable praise for the professional and responsible manner in which they have treated this great club.

NESV look like the real deal, ac ompany that will bring Liverpool back to the community, its fans and provide a solid financial situation so this club can move forward. I like the fact they have been understated in what they have said so far, no stupid rousing speeches etc just saying simple solid points and acting in a manner moe fitting to this club. I think it is fair to say I feel Cautiously optimistic we have had to many false dawns to go overboard and i hope NESV prove to be what i believe they can be, responsible, comitted owners with the club's best interests at heart.

This club needed a few things to happen to move forwrd and we are now on our way. A lot of these objectives have been achieved, benitez gone, Hicks and Gillette got, Debt gone. TBH I dont really think it will be till the summer where NESV can have any major impact in terms of transfers, improving the squad. jan is always a difficult and bad time to buy but at least now we can look forward with optimism to a better, brighter future one which I hope will see us restored to our rightful place at the pinnicle both domestically and in European Competition. :)

First interview (pretty good I thought) - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/News-and-Interviews/10-11/Why-I-bought-L-21738.php3

for anybody who cant view the video here is basically what was said..

First of all John, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you. I'm really happy to finally be here.

How pleased are NESV to be our Club's new owner?

We're incredibly pleased. Talking to all the partners in the States, they're extremely happy.

It's been a dramatic few days - what have they been like from your point of view?

It has been a dramatic few days, twists and turns, it's been stressful but finally we have it done and that was our goal and our hope. I'm extremely proud of this team that worked on this deal.

Were you always confident this deal would go through?

No. There were many days where I was wondering whether or not we'd be going home. In fact, even today I wasn't a hundred per cent confident. There were days where I was confident but there were a lot of twists and turns here. It was a terrific team - Martin, Ian, Christian - who did a tremendous job of managing this process and I'm just happy it ended successfully.

Now the deal has been done and we can look forward, do you see similarities between Liverpool now and the Boston Red Sox team you took over?

There are a lot of similarities and that was something we've been discussing as we started doing our due diligence. We found more and more similarities between Liverpool 2010 and the Red Sox of 2001. I won't go into them at this point, but for instance the stadium issue was a big issue in Boston in 2001 and we went in there not knowing what we should do, whether we should build a new ball park or refurbish Fenway. We have the same issue here. We have to listen, learn, talk to the community, talk to the council, talk with the supporters, but the biggest issue of all is really what makes the most sense for Liverpool long term.

We're going to have to work very hard. There's a lot of work to be done to get this club to where it needs to be in the grand scheme of things. We really, through all the work we've done over the last two months, saw the challenges and problems which exist and we've got to work to address those. There is a great nucleus here off the field and on the field and we think we can build from that, but it's not going to be easy. We've got real challenges.

Some Liverpool fans expressed concern when it emerged that their Club could be sold to a new set of Americans - can you understand those fears?

I can, I absolutely can. It's been a tough three years and there were a lot of expectations created, so one thing I'm going to try not to do is to create a lot of expectations. I'm going to hopefully rather than make promises, deliver. When I say I, I mean New England Sports Ventures. We've got a very strong organisation, financially and otherwise, we have some terrific strategic thinkers and we're going to be attacking this head on starting tomorrow.

A lot of Liverpool fans all over the world are very happy today - what's your message to them?

All I can say at this point is we're going to work as hard for you as we possibly can and there's no doubt about it, you deserve it. You have supported this club through the worst of times now and we're going to do everything in our power to make the supporters proud of their club and of us. It's a big challenge but I think we're up for that challenge.

What's the truth about Glen Johnson? I remember someone (burs?) writing a while back that he has some personal issues and yesterday I read that he isn't going to play because he has an injury, but after that I've read that he has no injury whatsoever.. So is he going to play or not and if he doesn't play, why?