Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Liverpool can't get Y and Z players as they have nothing to offer them

Liverpool isn't strong enough to complete with the top 4

Transfer might not be open officially but still this is the time for doing business - only 48 days til start of the season - 71/72days until closes

Be right back looking for a brick wall to run into.

Liverpool can't get Y and Z players as they have nothing to offer them

Liverpool isn't strong enough to complete with the top 4

Transfer might not be open officially but still this is the time for doing business - only 48 days til start of the season - 71/72days until closes

I don't think your Liverpool obsession is healthy mate. :(

He made his debut for Charlton under 18's when he was just 13. He has 24 games under his belt for Charlton and has appearances for England u16' date=' u17 & u19, playing every minute of Englands u17' s European Championship success.

Definitely one with good potential and for 3.5 million is a bargain.[/quote']

Worth it for that price,if he doesn't make it,you don't lose much,but if he does...

Would of been interesting to read comments on here back in the 80's when Liverpool signed Ian Rush from a "small club" ect

Ings had a great season considering who was playing around him and if he pushes on again could turn into the bargain of this transfer window' date=' any player is a gamble, look at Balo & Di Maria both proven, both flops[/quote']

finally some sense. Every top player has got to start from somewhere!

Rooney boxing was faked' date=' I meant taking laughing gas, getting drunk and passing out in the streets, dressing up as an inappropriate character, smoking etc[/quote']

did rooney fake dipping a granny? or how about Helen Wood & Jenny Thompson............... Rooneys got far more swept under the carpet. Sterlings a kid, doing what kids do its frankly pathetic the media hound young players like Sterling or Grealish for titbit 'storys' of that nature...do people really care, IMO, no.

Ok finally getting the hang of this forum,

certainly looking to do swift business, Milner, Ings, Bogdan, Gomez, now Firmino on the cards

Added decent squad players that are an improvement on what we had, a bright talent in Gomez and a WOW factor in Firmino.

Bids being prepared for Carlos Bacca and/or Salomon Rondon, and need to get the Clyne deal done.

Ship out some deadwood to free some more cash and hopefully add another eye catching signing, and see who arrives at the likes of Chelsea/City maybe get a loanee out of them

Glad to see Liverpool move for Firmino (for the sake of good football); I get the feeling he'll link up instantaneously with Coutinho and run absolute riot. I'm guessing he'll play as a CF with Coutinho behind him. Not too sure about the price, but with Depay moving to United for a similar fee, and Sterling possibly moving for double that value, I guess it's relatively fair.

Either way, it's a step closer to actually improving the squad. Bacca next?

So' date=' where is Firmino going to play? I mean he's kinda a natural AM, but you got Coutinho there already, will he be starting on the wing (maybe as a replacement for Sterling) or will you actually use him as a striker?[/quote']

From what I've seen, he can also perfectly operate as a Secondary Striker or as a Centre Forward.

Doesn't seem to have the pace to play as a traditional winger though - could probably try him out on the left as an inverted winger.

Liverpool signing a Utd target' date=' lovely jubbly :)

I think he is only a few mil overpriced at £28.4m but I think he could really fit in well,[/quote']

Overpriced? when the likes of Sanchez, Aguero were 30m+ and Sterling is quoted 40-50M, the fee matches the player imo

Times have changed, FFP relaxed, TV deal means the prices are going up & cash sloshing around. I hardly say overpaid at 25-30M. In today market, thats the going rate.

;n5100408]

Overpriced? when the likes of Sanchez' date=' Aguero were 30m+ and Sterling is quoted 40-50M, the fee matches the player imo

Times have changed, FFP relaxed, TV deal means the prices are going up & cash sloshing around. I hardly say overpaid at 25-30M. In today market, thats the going rate.[/quote']

When you have Coutinho who is a very similar player I stick by it, he's not as overpriced as some have been making him out to be though.

Also the fact you need to strengthen more in other areas rather than AM adds to that. Yes he can play as a striker, but that's not his natural role, and after last season you'd hope Brenden would learn that playing players out of position isn't good for the club. What you should be spending near £30m on is an out and out striker.

Granted, compared to the Sterling fee its a good price.