Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

If that the team this year' date=' My opinion is that your gonna leak goals and who knows up front

No Markovic, Can, Lovren, Origi, lallana, Balotelli - thats 101mil since selling Suarez is gonna bench sit/do nothing[/quote']

I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Missed Can admittedly.

You can boast about signing all this mediocre players as much as you want but please do tell me one reason why they would choose you over United? I'm asking it again because it was left unanswered last time around.Probably because of the fact that this has no answer.

better long term project by far prehaps. How about we flip it, why do YOU think they chose Liverpool over Man Utd?

If that the team this year' date=' My opinion is that your gonna leak goals and who knows up front

No Markovic, Can, Lovren, Origi, lallana, Balotelli - thats 101mil since selling Suarez is gonna bench sit/do nothing[/quote']

Its called squad rotation & strength in depth. Something that we have been crippled with for years severely lacking in. Kinda obvious really.. no? We want to compete on all fronts, get back into the CL. Considering injuries hindered us last season ie Sturridge, Lallana, a bigger and better squad is key.

;n5104681]

better long term project by far prehaps. How about we flip it' date=' why do YOU think they chose Liverpool over Man Utd? [/quote']

No they didn't because we were never in for them. If we were, these are the factors why we would have been the preferred destination.

1)Money

2)CL

3)Better Manager

4)Better players along side

Every Pool fan is just trying to satisfy itself in all honesty. You are miles below United atm.

No they didn't because we were never in for them. If we were' date=' these are the factors why we would have been the preferred destination.

1)Money

2)CL

3)Better Manager

Every Pool fan is just trying to satisfy itself in all honesty. You are miles below United atm.

[/quote']

You missed out on more realistic chance of winning the EPL

No they didn't because we were never in for them. If we were' date=' these are the factors why we would have been the preferred destination.

1)Money

2)CL

3)Better Manager

[/quote']

I want to see that is on the field!

Not sure what Rodgers is going to do with so many forwards though' date=' play 3 - 3 - 4? Anyway, Liverpool is making very good signing IMO, but how about departures, Balo, Borini, Lambert are expected to leave i imagine?[/quote']

Missed this one.

We are looking to offload the likes of Lambert, Balotelli and Borini. There is few club interested in signing Lambert and I expect the Italian will be ship back to Italy, but right now there is no one making a bid.

All of them will be behind - Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi; so I expect each one of them to leave soon if any club show any interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies in advance for going a little off topic. Just thought I'd check with you guys if you've got any tips of things to do or see in Liverpool.

Planned a trip there this weekend and going with my father who is a Liverpool fan, so anything Liverpool related or for that matter just in general..

Would be greatly appreciated anyway. :)

Apologies in advance for going a little off topic. Just thought I'd check with you guys if you've got any tips of things to do or see in Liverpool.

Planned a trip there this weekend and going with my father who is a Liverpool fan' date=' so anything Liverpool related or for that matter just in general..

Would be greatly appreciated anyway. :)

[/quote']

Just on top of my head; you can go visit the Albert Dock (I think it works as museum too), also near the dock there will be the Pier Head (it is the famous building with the Liver Birds), and around there somewhere there will be Superlambanana sculpture.

There is also The Beatles attraction (The Cavern Club), few cathedral to visit (if you or your father like some old fashioned architecture), Liverpool One (if you want to do some shopping), also Echo Arena (where there will be hosting a few kind of event there - check you date of travel and see if there is an event that day worth attending).

And obviously Anfield Stadium, I recommend you to take the Anfield tour + museum also if they still provide it take the Melwood (Liverpool training ground) tour too.

And of course the Goodison Park - Everton stadium.

This is just on top of my head, I think there are many things that I missed - also if you want further info you can ask Adam and Ray.

Just on top of my head; you can go visit the Albert Dock (I think it works as museum too)' date=' also near the dock there will be the Pier Head (it is the famous building with the Liver Birds), and around there somewhere there will be Superlambanana sculpture.

There is also The Beatles attraction (The Cavern Club), few cathedral to visit (if you or your father like some old fashioned architecture), Liverpool One (if you want to do some shopping), also Echo Arena (where there will be hosting a few kind of event there - check you date of travel and see if there is an event that day worth attending).

And obviously Anfield Stadium, I recommend you to take the Anfield tour + museum also if they still provide it take the Melwood (Liverpool training ground) tour too.

And of course the Goodison Park - Everton stadium.

This is just on top of my head, I think there are many things that I missed - also if you want further info you can ask Adam and Ray.[/quote']

Thanks mate. I'll definitely look those up :)

Btw, part of the Anfield tour is closed while they're rebuilding right?

Thanks mate. I'll definitely look those up :)

Btw' date=' part of the Anfield tour is closed while they're rebuilding right?[/quote']

I think they only closed the Main Stand, because there is where the expansion taking place.

"Whilst the exciting developments are taking place to expand the Main Stand, LFC fans can still enjoy our Centenary Stand Tour, starting from Saturday 1st August 2015."

http://stadiumtours.liverpoolfc.com/tours