• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

N'Gog on Lucas off.. now atleast Torres has some support

Looks like Gerrard's taking a deeper role to form a 4-4-2, then. Together with Everton's equivalent change in formation, this means even more pressure should be taken off the midfielders. The biggest question, though, is how either Torres or N'Gog can get anywhere against such an organized back line.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

A good pair of wingers today could have won the game for Liverpool. If you're losing out in the center, you have to have effective, productive wingers to play the ball to and pick out crosses with. Cole and Maxi Rodriguez had dismal displays today. Of course, you can't deny how well Everton are defending right now.

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

What needs to go? We've got rid of the owners..so there's a start, NESV seem to think Hodgson is the man to take Liverpool forward, and if they listen to the true supporters what do you think they'll say? will what the fans say see Hodgson walk out of Liverpool? or is there still belief? what players do you think will be given the door? with/without Hodgson?

Sowwy Woy but it's time for you to gow.

The changes were made waaaay too late for them to make any impact, and to be frank the players who came on (with the exception of Ngog) were very average. I'm fed up with the negative way in which the Liverpool was set out yet again today.

Great stirke from Arteta. With everyone in Reinas way he never stood a chance.

Goal was offside but nevermind. We'd have lost anyway.

What needs to go? We've got rid of the owners..so there's a start' date=' NESV seem to think Hodgson is the man to take Liverpool forward, and if they listen to the true supporters what do you think they'll say? will what the fans say see Hodgson walk out of Liverpool? or is there still belief? what players do you think will be given the door? with/without Hodgson?[/quote']

My opinion of what will happen is that Hodgson will be gone in the next few weeks and O'Neill will take over.

It's actually scary how much Liverpool remind me of us when we went down,you seem to have a bunch of players who don't want to play for the club which is sad considering how big a club Liverpool are,for us it took relegation to sort ourselves out and come back up again and were a much more stable club for it,I think you have the right owners now but I think the owner situation has took the spotlight of how bad the team was just like the case was at Newcastle,the difference is you'll spend more than we will and I think even after 8 games you need to bring in someone like O Neill who can give some confidence to the players as none of them seem to be playing with any confidence at all.

What needs to go? We've got rid of the owners..so there's a start' date=' NESV seem to think Hodgson is the man to take Liverpool forward, and if they listen to the true supporters what do you think they'll say? will what the fans say see Hodgson walk out of Liverpool? or is there still belief? what players do you think will be given the door? with/without Hodgson?[/quote']

Personally I'd get rid of Hodgson he looks totally out of his depth and didn't make the big decision's.

I doubt Rafa would come back so step up Manuel Pellegrini, either those 2 and possibly Hiddink, I wouldn't want to see O'Neill anywhere near Liverpool unless he was managing at Tranmere.

I'd cash in on Torres and use the money to buy 2 decent CF's or buy width to service him properly and then keep him.

Cara needs to step into being a bit part player

Too many players want to play that CM/AM role Gerrard fills, so theres no width

Sowwy Woy but it's time for you to gow.

The changes were made waaaay too late for them to make any impact' date=' and to be frank the players who came on (with the exception of Ngog) were very average. I'm fed up with the negative way in which the Liverpool was set out yet again today.[/quote']

i agree i think Roy has to go, never thought he was the right man for the job in the first place

A positive from the game: John W Henry got a close look of how poor Hodgson is. So poor that I'm seriously considering going back to calling him Woy.

Our players didn't perform well so it's definitely not all Roy's fault but one thing I can't understand is Roy's substitution policy. We're down by 2 goals and he decides to wait until the 71st minute to make the first substitution. Well done Woy, bwilliant. He did realise to put attacking players and use all of his 3 subs... but shouldn't that be a given when you're losing a game where you desperately need to get a win?

A deserved win for Everton.

EDIT: I see Ben posted an almost identical post just before me

Personally I'd get rid of Hodgson he looks totally out of his depth and didn't make the big decision's.

I doubt Rafa would come back so step up Manuel Pellegrini' date=' either those 2 and possibly Hiddink, I wouldn't want to see O'Neill anywhere near Liverpool unless he was managing at Tranmere.

I'd cash in on Torres and use the money to buy 2 decent CF's or buy width to service him properly and then keep him.

Cara needs to step into being a bit part player

Too many players want to play that CM/AM role Gerrard fills, so theres no width[/quote']

I hate to say it as I don't rate himself but O Neill is what you need,he gives players confidence and I don't really think a foreigner is the best route for you to go down right now,although I think Pellegrini is an infinitely better manager than O Neill ever will be you need someone to give the players a lift and just stay up for this season,this may seem drastic but in the current form your in relegation is a possibility,people go on about Gerrard and Torres etc but I think Torres is pretty much finished at Liverpool,his had several hamstring injuries and he doesn't seem too intrested to me and I'm not sure whether he will ever reach the level he was at before,Man City will still pay big money for him and in the current situation I think it would be the right thing to sell him,it's also quite astonishing that Liverpool don't have one out and out winger aside from Maxi at the club as there all converted forwards or attacking midfielders,as a Newcastle fan I actually seriously consider us a better team than you at the moment and I never thought I'd be saying that any stage of the season,we have been quite unlucky to only get 8 points so far and I think Liverpool have been lucky to get there 6 so far.

Everyone blaming Roy again.....it gets boring

The players are the ones responsible, they have got no drive, putting in no effort and showing no charachter as well as a chronic lack of ability.

Said it in the summer it will be quite a while before we are anywhere near a decent side again. the legacy left behind by Hicks/gilette/Rafa you cannot change things a situation so riddled with negativity/a squad full of more holes than a Golf course.

the squad is pathetic and to ask a guy to turn it around with no funds is wishful thinking. Roy if still around will have funds come Jan (although typically an awful time to buy) but in reality it wont be till the summer that any major rebuilding work in terms of the squad can begin.

I think you lot think we are a lot better than we are....got news for you we aint. Top 10 team is all we are now and still think that will be achieved, but the demiseof the club started way before Roy arrived and to pin all the blame on him is so fickle it's untrue. No doubt he has not done as well she should but to judge a guy after 8 PL games with all the problems, in-fighting, woeful squad we have is way to soon.

It has been a bd start but no matter what manager we have they will find it tough, the same problems, same lack of ability in the squad. Kyriakos,Skrtel,Babel,Jovanovic,Lucas,Poulsen,Maxi-(God maxi) N.gog are all way below the level required......Agger,Cole,Torres,Johnson are playing like a drain when they have.

The squadleft behind was so bad it will take at least 2years to turn this around, in football everybody demands a quick fix....it aint gunna happen and all of us have to get used to that reality.

EDIT: asking for Rafa back someone said, dear God the whole squad you saw was bought by him...that woeful lot was bought by him....he is a major factor in our downfall. If you wanna have a debate about the managers job fine but dont make stupid suggestions like that

The players are the ones responsible' date=' they have got no drive, putting in no effort and showing no charachter as well as a chronic lack of ability.

Said it in the summer it will be quite a while before we are anywhere near a decent side again. the legacy left behind by Hicks/gilette/Rafa you cannot change things a situation so riddled with negativity/a squad full of more holes than a Golf course.

the squad is pathetic and to ask a guy to turn it around with no funds is wishful thinking. Roy if still around will have funds come Jan (although typically an awful time to buy) but in reality it wont be till the summer that any major rebuilding work in terms of the squad can begin.

I think you lot think we are a lot better than we are....got news for you we aint. Top 10 team is all we are now and still think that will be achieved, but the demiseof the club started way before Roy arrived and to pin all the blame on him is so fickle it's untrue. No doubt he has not done as well she should but to judge a guy after 8 PL games with all the problems, in-fighting, woeful squad we have is way to soon.

It has been a bd start but no matter what manager we have they will find it tough, the same problems, same lack of ability in the squad. Kyriakos,Skrtel,Babel,Jovanovic,Lucas,Poulsen,Maxi-(God maxi) N.gog are all way below the level required......Agger,Cole,Torres,Johnson are playing like a drain when they have.

The squadleft behind was so bad it will take at least 2years to turn this around, in football everybody demands a quick fix....it aint gunna happen and all of us have to get used to that reality.[/quote']

So playing two DM's against Blackpool at home! Isnt Roy's fault?

I hate to say it as I don't rate himself but O Neill is what you need' date='he gives players confidence[/b'] and I don't really think a foreigner is the best route for you to go down right now,although I think Pellegrini is an infinitely better manager than O Neill ever will be you need someone to give the players a lift and just stay up for this season,this may seem drastic but in the current form your in relegation is a possibility,people go on about Gerrard and Torres etc but I think Torres is pretty much finished at Liverpool,his had several hamstring injuries and he doesn't seem too intrested to me and I'm not sure whether he will ever reach the level he was at before,Man City will still pay big money for him and in the current situation I think it would be the right thing to sell him,it's also quite astonishing that Liverpool don't have one out and out winger aside from Maxi at the club as there all converted forwards or attacking midfielders,as a Newcastle fan I actually seriously consider us a better team than you at the moment and I never thought I'd be saying that any stage of the season,we have been quite unlucky to only get 8 points so far and I think Liverpool have been lucky to get there 6 so far.

In that case give it to Kenny Dalglish over O'Neill

So playing two DM's against Blackpool at home! Isnt Roy's fault?

I would argue whatever team we put out against Blackpool should win.....the players are the main people to blame they are not putting in enough effort, fight etc etc

Its typical of todays want now policy that people calling for managers head after 8 games. The squad is woeful, there is a chronic lack of options, it will take 2 years to at least get a squad anywhere near good enough, an awful lot of money and a lot of patience.

Sadly people seem to be underestimating the enormity of the task for whoever the manager is and whoever it is will need time, it is no good putting your faith in a guy and if it goes wrong changing every ten games or so....whoever is in charge they will need at least 2years and extensive backing from the new owners. we need at least 7 first XI players of QUALITY not just anybody quality and a further 6-7 who re decent enough to back that lot up.

The task is enormous people need to face the facts.

hugrrr on 606: "Cheers up Liverpool fans, Spurs had two points from eight games at this time of the season in 2008, and very nearly ended up qualifying for Europa by the end of the season."

Anon via text: "RE: hugrrr - difference is Spurs acted fast and got a new manager. Liverpool will probably get relegated then change management, it's how we roll. Slow in everything."

its because it is correct' date=' him smiling at moyes at the end of the game and his deluded interviews are proof that he's the biggest problem at the club as he is totally incapable of motivating players and has zero tactical acumen. he really has to go before he does to us what he did to blackburn (and yes, it could well happen) as he doesnt have a clue what to do with good players and will try to make us into a high rent version of fulham

asking for Rafa back someone said, dear God the whole squad you saw was bought by him...that woeful lot was bought by him....he is a major factor in our downfall.

it was hicks and gillett which led us to this mess and your constant blaming this on him is annoying, desrespectful and wrong blaming roy hodgsons mess on one of the great managers in the clubs history. you're slagging him off blaming this hodgson inspired mess on rafa shows you up as an utter sky sports tool, because that squad should be nowhere near 19th place

utter, utter whopper you are, clinging onto whatever little shred of hope you can to make you look knowledgeable as you were going on all last season about getting rid of rafa and replacing him with hodgson - great call that. really great call fella. but hey, give him time and all that... the man is a disgrace and IMO he knows his time is nearly up but he's waiting to get his payoff before his media career starts (and i think he knows that the job he really wanted, the england job wont come to him now as he is showing the world that he is a midtable manager at best)

Liverpool have the 6th best squad in the league.

They should not, I repeat not, be in the relegation zone after 8 games no matter what problems there have been with lack of funds blah. When a team performs in a pitiful manner, and loses on a consistent basis in football, the manager is the one who's head is on the line. Ergo, Hodgson is out of his depth and needs to go.