Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

he faced the same criticisms at valencia in his 2nd season and won the league the next season' date=' so its a more than valid point to make. and had he got rid of the two dressing room malcontents that were sh*tstirring last season to get him out to get an easy ride and play in their favourite position and get a new contract we would be much better off, seeing as those two in question are past their best, one of those should be off to the knackers yard.

and 19th is what exactly?

and of those 8 players you mentioned that arent good enough - all bar ngog are senior internationals, 4 of them were starters for their countries at the world cup, one was a sub at the world cup, one has started the last 3 games for brazil and the other is an italian international who made a significant impact on our team when he played yet was shipped out because hodgson thought we'd be better off giving him to juve for the season and pay £5m of the little cash we had for a way past it christian poulsen.

and if you think rafa should get a significant chunk of the blame for this you are deluded - he may not have left a title winning squad behind but he left a good enough squad to challenge for the top 4 (after all we put in a good challenge despite having loads of injuries last season compared to awful performances and results this season with near enough everybody available), so this has nothing to do with rafa, its all down to hodgson's lack of ability at this level. but at least the likes of martin oneill and steve bruce like us now (copyright jamie carragher)

and if one picture could sum up my pure disgust at roy hodgson, here it is:

[img'] 17102010128.jpg?t=1287339932 [/img]

I cant be bothered to argue anymore with people who simply absolve Rafa of any kinda blame because you are wrong.....have a go at hodgson for poor tactics, team selection etc but to absolve Rafa of blame is wrong, wrong, wrong and you are missing the point.

Anybody can be an International nowdays dont mean you are a good player if you lot seriously think the types of Lucas,Babel,maxi,jovanovic etc etc are good enough to wear a liverpool shirt the you are wrong...those players are not good enough simple as..

as for transfers didnt see people moaning about joe Cole or Meireles in fact they like you with meireles were rejoicing.....

Simple fact is the squad in terms of quality ios threadbare and whoever is in charge will need time, money and patience as i keep repeating.

See where we are at the end of the season.....then is the time to judge. Knowing some of the people on here (I will exclude you for this) we win 3games on the trot and he will suddenly be a genius....people need to have a sense of perspective.

Anyhow cant be bothered to debate/argue anymore coz going in circles and I cant take anybody's view seriously if they say Rafa and the squad he left behind has got nothing to do with our current plight. Hodgson has hardly covered himself in glory i dont dispute that but if the Liverpool board thought he was the right man for the job which they obviously did they have to give him sufficent time and funds to make a difference, it was non-sensical to give him the job otherwise.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

I cant be bothered to argue anymore with people who simply absolve Rafa of any kinda blame because you are wrong.....have a go at hodgson for poor tactics' date=' team selection etc but to absolve Rafa of blame is wrong, wrong, wrong and you are missing the point.

[b']

as for transfers didnt see people moaning about joe Cole or Meireles in fact they like you with meireles were rejoicing.....[/b]

Simple fact is the squad in terms of quality ios threadbare and whoever is in charge will need time, money and patience as i keep repeating.

Anyhow cant be bothered to debate/argue anymore coz going in circles and I cant take anybody's view seriously if they say Rafa and the squad he left behind has got nothing to do with our current plight. Hodgson has hardly covered himself in glory i dont dispute that but if the Liverpool board thought he was the right man for the job which they obviously did they have to give him sufficent time and funds to make a difference, it was non-sensical to give him the job otherwise.

thats because they are both very good players, but roy isn't getting the best out of them or anyone in our team for that matter

as for transfers didnt see people moaning about joe Cole or Meireles in fact they like you with meireles were rejoicing.....

i was delighted with meireles signing' date=' especially at the prospect of playing a centre midfielder at right midfield in order to accomodate poulsen in the team

See where we are at the end of the season.....then is the time to judge

if we are still in the relegation zone come christmas and look as abject as we do now should we stick with him or get rid? look at spurs 2 years ago, got rid of a very unpopular manager who was doing terribly and havent looked back, liverpool must do the same here. and if we do get relegated under him (which is a possibility under hodgson) do we just shrug our shoulders at it and give him next season to get out of the championship or are we going to be annoyed at not acting far far sooner?

Hodgson has hardly covered himself in glory i dont dispute that but if the Liverpool board thought he was the right man for the job which they obviously did they have to give him sufficent time and funds to make a difference' date=' it was non-sensical to give him the job otherwise.[/quote']

nonsensical is giving someone the job based on a cup run 12 years after he got one of the biggest teams in the country relegated. backing his vision is also nonsensical as it goes against the ethos of the club and will wreck the work of the people in the youth system who will produce footballers only to go into the first team and play POMO hoofball

O so this squad of players all bought by Rafa near enough are good enough are they???

Lucas' date='Babel,Aquilani,Jovanovic,n'Gog,Skrtel,Maxi,Johnson etc etc

Never doubted that was a great season, although we had quite a lot of luck. The fact is he lost the plot and ran outa ideas, everything has a shelf life and he reached the end of his. Time for change whether you think Hodgson was right or not Rafa had run his course at liverpool.

Selling Alonso replacing him with a crock......

Buying Johnson for 18m and selling Arbeloa a much better player for 3m....

Rafa had loads of money to spend and look at the squad he left behind, the squad with enormous flaws, holes etc

You wanna criticise Hodgson go ahead, but to suggest Rafa had more to give is plain wrong.

I still think given the necessary time and money Hodgson would at least equal Rafa's finish last year.

[b']though obviously you consider 7th last season to be some kind of achievement judged by your post. If you wanna aim any higher whoever the boss is will need time and sufficent cash to turn around this squad which is woefully short.[/b]

Bottom line is if you think Rafa is to be absolved of any kinda responsibility for the cr@p left behind you must be away with the fairies

Dunno about you, but I'd take 7th place right now.

ok im not a liverpool fan i hate them tbh :P:p:cool:

but how can anyone blame hodgeson you can blame one man only that donkey rafa benitez he had so much money too spend but brought a load of S**T that lost against northampton. rafa is a S**T tactian who got his tactics completely wrong and he has less sense in the transfer market than a 2 year old as my examples will demonstate

buys robbie keane for 20 million never plays him and 6 months later he sells him for 12 million loss

buys glen johnson for 18 million who cannot not defend if his life depended on it and sells abeloa to real for 3/4 million who is a good rb which absoulutely staggered me

who other great buys

lucas leiva for 8 million plus

ngog for 4 million

jovanic for free ( still not worth that!!)

joe cole best days are well behind him now

Fernando Morientes for £6.3m

Ryan Babel for £11.5m

Andrea Dossena £7m rafa thought he was better than risse :D:D

vorinin on a free he was a waste of wages

alberto aqualini he was brought injured as a replacement for alonso and hardly got a game then on loan to juventus with a view to a 12 million deal

Jermaine Pennant for 6.7 million as an arsenal fan i know how C**P he is :D:D

so hogeson has had little money to spend but he has inherited a really rubbish team rafa left behind roy is a good manager and he has proven that i have the faith he will turn it around given time and money to spend but he has one hell of rebuilding job to do!!

You honestly don't have a clue, you sound like a rugby fan/the average female to me. icba to pick apart your post, as it would honestly take me hours. I'm sure someone else will do it for me, though. As what you've posted, is utter nonsense. :rolleyes:

;1199856']You honestly don't have a clue' date=' you sound like a rugby fan/the average female to me. icba to pick apart your post, as it would honestly take me hours. I'm sure someone else will do it for me, though. As what you've posted, is utter nonsense. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Lol I was just thinking that, I can't be bothered to spend 30 mins just totalling ripping that post with facts that can refute 99% of the post in question

but how can anyone blame hodgeson you can blame one man only that donkey rafa benitez he had so much money too spend but brought a load of S**T that lost against northampton. rafa is a S**T tactian who got his tactics completely wrong and he has less sense in the transfer market than a 2 year old as my examples will demonstate

buys robbie keane for 20 million never plays him and 6 months later he sells him for 12 million loss

buys glen johnson for 18 million who cannot not defend if his life depended on it and sells abeloa to real for 3/4 million who is a good rb which absoulutely staggered me

who other great buys

ngog for 4 million

Ryan Babel for £11.5m

alberto aqualini he was brought injured as a replacement for alonso and hardly got a game then on loan to juventus with a view to a 12 million deal

and others like maxi ' date=' mireires , riera , phillip degen i can name so many more!

so hogeson has had little money to spend but he has inherited a really rubbish team rafa left behind roy is a good manager and he has proven that i have the faith he will turn it around given time and money to spend but he has one hell of rebuilding job to do!![/quote']

He didn't even buy Cole and N'gog cost £1.5 Million,I'm the same as Romano as I can't be bothered to pick that apart either.

who other great buys

ngog for 4 million

Ryan Babel for £11.5m

and others like maxi ' date=' mireires , riera , phillip degen i can name so many more!

so hogeson has had little money to spend but he has inherited a really rubbish team rafa left behind roy is a good manager and he has proven that i have the faith he will turn it around given time and money to spend but he has one hell of rebuilding job to do!![/quote']

It's always a good idea not to speak when you really don't know what your talking about. Just don't give up the day job to try and do whatever your trying to do.... Cause you really suck at it.

oh, and its HODGSON, not Hodgeson. :)

Not much to say today, I'm absolutely devastated at the way we performed. Read all the posts and quite frankly, no one person should shoulder the blame, we're a collective shambles at the moment :(. I will however say, that if the players and the gaffer showed even a quarter of the passion some of the forumers show for our beloved club on here, we might get somewhere.

I've read some posts here and common you Reds' date=' you're actually considering the possibility of Liverpool getting relegated? With or without Hodgson? Be serious.[/quote']

I highly doubt it but if performances don't improve nothing's impossible. West Ham, Leeds and Newcastle all couldn't go down but did. It's not as if Liverpool have only played the top teams either though I would say you fixtures have been pretty tough in general and as demanding fans you also want a good European run with a pretty shallow squad.

Agree wholeheartedly with Smarty after watching the highlights. The players just didn't look up for it. Whether that's their personal faults or Hodgson is to blame is one of the things you've been debating when frankly I don't see how you can know :confused:

I've read some posts here and common you Reds' date=' you're actually considering the possibility of Liverpool getting relegated? With or without Hodgson? Be serious.[/quote']

West Ham got relegated with one of the best squads I've ever seen so anything is possible,I don't think Liverpool will go down but anything over midtable is a good season for them.

Its not Roys fault your in this position it Hicks and Gillet , i know there gone now but its going to take time for things to settle down and for you to get playing football again.

You dont just become a bad manager over night and Hodgson is by no chance a bad manager

Its not Roys fault your in this position it Hicks and Gillet ' date=' i know there gone now but its going to take time for things to settle down and for you to get playing football again.

You dont just become a bad manager over night and Hodgson is by no chance a bad manager[/quote']

if it was hicks and gillett fault there woulnt havee been such an abject performance - this is all down to hodgson who was overhyped from day 1, midtable manager at best who is now wildly delusional thinking he is a top manager. oh, and he got blackburn relegated btw

if they get rid of hodgson and bring in someone decent we'll probably end up doing ok like spurs a few years ago (they should be hammering the phone to talk to pellegrini right now, the man who should have got the job last summer)

When we all knew Rafa was on his way out, can I ask if anybody thought MClaren would have been a good choice?

He's always been pretty much slaughtered, yet he got the England job on pretty much the same achievment as Hodgson got the LFC job and we all know how that turned out.

The reason LFC fans are getting loads of stick by fellow fans because we want Hodgson out is because of his "nice", "gentlemen" personality which hes always showing to the media, but this is actually one of his major flaws as our manager.

For all the people saying he should have the job, should keep him in charge etc can I ask what hes actually done in any previous club (except 1 Uefa cup run which is the european version of our League cup) to deserve a top job and better yet what from his past says he can run a big club?

Hes already said we played really well yesterday and dominated large parts of the game, what bloody game was he watching? we did well in the last 10 minutes........ well I can guarntee 90% of games you watch when a team is 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes they normally boss the game anyways as the other team is just sitting back and keeping what they have (just like Everton did yesterday)

Its not the results that has put me against Hodgson and its not even our league position, its his presense on the touch line when im watching games (or lack off) and his lame comments he keeps making all the time hes totaly lost and out of his depth and its clear to see that imo, we dont need a "mr nice guy" we need someone who will be ruthless and sort this club out.

Most the people defending Hodgson now and saying its Rafa's poor players he left behind and making themselves look a bit silly in many ways because they was saying the EXACT opposite last season, they was saying with such a good team we should be playing far better and the reason we wasnt was because "Rafa had lost the dressing room and players trust" , so now because the players are playing the same way that excuse has gone and its because they are poor?........ People slaughtered us last year for playing 2 defensive midfielders, now people are saying "it doesnt matter about the system" , give me a break.

I like hodgson as a guy dont get me wrong im just ...... off he got the LFC job and was praying well before it happened we never got him.

If he does keep his job and does get some backing in the transfer market (what a waste that will be) then I hope to proves me wrong and makes posts like this look totaly stupid and makes me look like an idiot, but I'm pretty confident that wont be the case.

Even Sven has a FAR better record than Hodgson, I bet hardly anybody wanted him in charge, it's not hodgsons CV (average at best) that got him the job it was his "I love everyone and please everyone love me" that got him the job and the fact the people that appointed him knew he would say what they wanted to the media

When we all knew Rafa was on his way out' date=' can I ask if anybody thought MClaren would have been a good choice?

He's always been pretty much slaughtered, yet he got the England job on pretty much the same achievment as Hodgson got the LFC job and we all know how that turned out.

The reason LFC fans are getting loads of stick by fellow fans because we want Hodgson out is because of his "nice", "gentlemen" personality which hes always showing to the media, but this is actually one of his major flaws as our manager.

For all the people saying he should have the job, should keep him in charge etc can I ask what hes actually done in any previous club (except 1 Uefa cup run which is the european version of our League cup) to deserve a top job and better yet what from his past says he can run a big club?

Hes already said we played really well yesterday and dominated large parts of the game, what bloody game was he watching? we did well in the last 10 minutes........ well I can guarntee 90% of games you watch when a team is 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes they normally boss the game anyways as the other team is just sitting back and keeping what they have (just like Everton did yesterday)

Its not the results that has put me against Hodgson and its not even our league position, its his presense on the touch line when im watching games (or lack off) and his lame comments he keeps making all the time hes totaly lost and out of his depth and its clear to see that imo, we dont need a "mr nice guy" we need someone who will be ruthless and sort this club out.

Most the people defending Hodgson now and saying its Rafa's poor players he left behind and making themselves look a bit silly in many ways because they was saying the EXACT opposite last season, they was saying with such a good team we should be playing far better and the reason we wasnt was because "Rafa had lost the dressing room and players trust" , so now because the players are playing the same way that excuse has gone and its because they are poor?........ People slaughtered us last year for playing 2 defensive midfielders, now people are saying "it doesnt matter about the system" , give me a break.

I like hodgson as a guy dont get me wrong im just ...... off he got the LFC job and was praying well before it happened we never got him.

If he does keep his job and does get some backing in the transfer market (what a waste that will be) then I hope to proves me wrong and makes posts like this look totaly stupid and makes me look like an idiot, but I'm pretty confident that wont be the case.

Even Sven has a FAR better record than Hodgson, I bet hardly anybody wanted him in charge, it's not hodgsons CV (average at best) that got him the job it was his "I love everyone and please everyone love me" that got him the job and the fact the people that appointed him knew he would say what they wanted to the media[/quote']

Totally agree with this post. Unfortunately you don't get to the top of the managerial profession being a nice guy whether we're talking football, other sport or any other business. The guys at the top are always ruthless. Hodgson is just too nice a guy to succeed at the top. Who was the last 'nice' manager to be a success in football (in any country)? I certainly can't recall any. Who are the top managers of the current era - Mourinho, Ferguson, Capello etc? None of them are particularly nice guys. They all have a ruthless streak and woe-be-tide anyone that crosses them. Hodgson just does not have that (and if he does, he hasn't shown it when it's undisputable that is what we need).

I'd love to know if any Man U, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man C, Villa, Chelsea, Everton etc fan who before this season (on the basis of last season's exploits) would have been happy to see Hodgson manage them (would they have done a manager exchange if it was possible)? I suspect the answer would be very few (if any). On the other hand, without meaning any disrespect, fans of clubs like Wigan, West Ham etc may well have been more willing to exchange their manager for him at the time (not now probably). As far as I'm concerned, no club with serious ambitions to be champions or top four would have employed Hodgson. The more the discussion and analysis goes on, the more you feel he was employed as it was clear he would not rock the boat or bemoan a lack of funds or blame the chairman. He was the perfect appointment in those respects for his former employers who have in the past week shown how much they had our interests in their hearts (if it wasn't apparent already).

I do have sympathy for him as it was always going to be a difficult task to motivate a club who had reached an all time low in recent times in respects of cameraderie both on and off the field. But to that effect he was almost doomed to fail from the off results wise. The fact that Sir Alex is, for the first time in my lifetime, happy at the adversary he has representing the true Reds in the north West says it all really.

I'd love to know if any Man U' date=' Arsenal, Tottenham, Man C, Villa, Chelsea, Everton etc fan who before this season (on the basis of last season's exploits) would have been happy to see Hodgson manage them (would they have done a manager exchange if it was possible)? [/quote']

"No" would be my two letter answer.

For me Hodgson is a manager who can excel when he's the 'big cog in the small wheel' (to quote Sir Alan Sugar) but when the expectations are raised and become a 'must' he has fallen short a few times - Inter, Blackburn, Inter for example.

He also hasn't won anything at any club since Danish League in 2000-2001*.

I honestly like Roy is a good manager, but not top top drawer.

The problem is...can the new board afford to 'sack' him after all the money they just laid out?

On the other hand....can they aford NOT to sack him if it continues.

*I didn't count the Danish Super Cup as it's only a two team competition (see our own Community Shield for the Englsh version)

PS I actually like Roy Hodgson as a manager

He's a nice guy, and he has deffinetly come in and tried his best. However he is just not good enough and the only thing he has done wrong is believe his own hype after last season.

I would respect him if he did see sense and walk out to save Liverpool before the damage is impossable to repair.

But how he keeps coming out after dreadfull performances and saying we did a lot of good things and weren't too bad is really driving me crazy.

Roy needs to go and take Poulsen and Konchesky with him.

In light of recent events I've given up 'Pool-bashing for United bashing... I believe that giving the job to Hodgson based on his success with Fulham was misguided, albeit he did a phenomenal job there, the requirements to be a successful manager at Fulham are different to those required to succeed in Liverpool. If Hodgson goes (If there's no significant improvement within 6 weeks, IMO he'll be on the threshold of the sack) there are a few obvious managerial targets.

Genuinely gutted to see this happen to Liverpool, but I still think that the idea of relegation is laughable. Things will have to stay this bad for a long time to come to that, and given the obvious quality within the squad the odds of zero improvement are slim indeed. At least you have the hope of significant investment in January.

"No" would be my two letter answer.

For me Hodgson is a manager who can excel when he's the 'big cog in the small wheel' (to quote Sir Alan Sugar) but when the expectations are raised and become a 'must' he has fallen short a few times - Inter' date=' Blackburn, Inter for example.

He also hasn't won anything at any club since Danish League in 2000-2001*.

I honestly like Roy is a good manager, but not top top drawer.

The problem is...can the new board afford to 'sack' him after all the money they just laid out?

On the other hand....can they aford NOT to sack him if it continues.

*I didn't count the Danish Super Cup as it's only a two team competition (see our own Community Shield for the Englsh version)

[b']PS[/b] I actually like Roy Hodgson as a manager

I read somewhere theres a 3 million get out clause if the new owners get rid of him

£3 million to get Roy out is £3 million well spent. Certainly a much better investment than the prospect of Carton Cole for £10+ million if Roy stays.

I guess a £3mill loss now can be easily made up in EPL prize money - and if done correctly you could even climb to Europa positions.

It's so weird talking about LFC possibly not qualiifying for Europe after only 8 games

Sad thing for Roy is I haven't seen a single post supporting him on any forum