• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

just back from the game - well roy basically decides to use rafa's old tactics and guess what - we play much better with the higher line and pressing from the front. shame it took so long, but hey, onwards and upwards. one worry - when we went 2-1 we sat back, very very bad and we should have stayed on the front foot and changes should have been made soon IMO and he shouldnt have switched to 4-4-2 when 4-2-3-1 was working fine

and meireles was immense today. was also funny seeing carragher skin spit the dog too

I agree with burs about Meireles today. Lucas also put in his first good performance of this season imho. I'm glad Soto was playing and I hope he plays against Bolton next week as well. Against the long ball Soto's our best CB all day long. But with Johnson coming back I'm guessing we'll go back to Skrtel/Carra :(.

Good to see Torres back on the scoresheet also. Lets hope he builds on his performance today over the next few games.

if hodgson continues to go through rafa's old playbooks we will see a lot lot more from torres (although i get the feeling certain players were behind this change)

I tell you what you do make me laugh, your completely unfounded bias is hitting new heights...

We lose games this season its all Hodgson's fault

We play well the last 2games and suddenly it is all down to Rafa

Honestly :rolleyes::P:rolleyes::P

I must remember when we lose it's Roy's fault and when we win it's down to Rafa....an astonishing statement.

So Rafa can take the credit for this and yet take no blame for the position we find ourselves in in terms of our lack of quality etc.

I make my own mind up but when you see people hugely respected such as Phil Thompson,John Aldridge,Jan Molby,Tommy Smith all saying the same thing ie Rafa must take a large portion of responsibility mainly because of his shocking record in the transfer market the last 2years and his destabilising effect on the club always picking fights etc I know who's views holds more weight with me.

Rafa blamed everybody Hicks and Gillette, Purslow, Ayre, Injuries, Suspensions,Lack of funds,Bad Luck anybody but himself it makes me cringe the guy should have been big enough to accept his own failings and responsibility but even now he cant do that, I personally would have had a lot more respect if he admitted he made mistakes, tried his best but it was not working

Hardly revolutionary that given our position etc we should press high up the pitch at home and get in there faces a bit. Honestly it is becoming a bit of a joke but that statement you just made beats any so far

It was a good performance, creating a lot of chances understandably nerves set in near the end given it was a while since we won a game and our position. Again one result dont change the season but following on from a good performance in Naples we are entitled to feel more optimistic, thougth a lot more hard work awaits....this is gunna be a long, long process

EDIT: I actually enjoyed old Gerry being wheeled out.....still sings it better than anybody else ever will. If we get a win everytime he is in residence then I say let him sing every week!!

I tell you what you do make me laugh' date=' your completely unfounded bias is hitting new heights...

We lose games this season its all Hodgson's fault

We play well the last 2games and suddenly it is all down to Rafa

[/quote']

er no, he used rafa's tactics (press up the pitch, high line, quick passes) instead of what he's been doing all season (defend deep, counterattack, long ball). if the truth hurts mate i feel for ya, but i'd bet any money gerrard told him to do what we were doing so well for most of the past 6 years in order to get a result instead of hodgson's alehouse tactics that got us in this mess in the first place.

oh and it was nice of him for slagging off frank rijkaard the other day so soon after rijkaards dad died, but i'm sure you'll find some way of blaming that all on rafa...

and jan molby and aldridge to name 2 are utter tools (molby blamed northampton 100% on rafa and aldridge was going on about signing kevin davies and in his last managerial job quit just before tranmere got relegated, so he cannot call out someone for not taking responsibility), and thommo was right saying that rafa should take some responsibility what happened last year he isnt at fault at all for being 18th a quarter into the season and last season was more down to injuries, and hodgson's record in the transfer market isnt great and if you want to see what he'll do with money look up blackburn 1998 - the equivalent of £30m in todays money spent on nathan blake and kevin davies, which is where we'd be heading if he was to stick around until then. infact rafa did accept responsibility for a lot of the blame for last season (radio city interview, benfica press conference), but i'm sure you've ignored that as it doesnt fit your world view

Hardly revolutionary that given our position etc we should press high up the pitch at home and get in there faces a bit.

then why havent we done that at all this season? why havent hodgson managed teams ever done that? oh wait, its because hodgson has been relying on his dave sexton/don howe POMO inspired 1975 FA coaching manual that has served him so well for 35 years and is why he has become one of europe's 'most respected coaches' despite never winning a major trophy

er no, he used rafa's tactics (press up the pitch, high line, quick passes) instead of what he's been doing all season (defend deep, counterattack, long ball). if the truth hurts mate i feel for ya, but i'd bet any money gerrard told him to do what we were doing so well for most of the past 6 years in order to get a result instead of hodgson's alehouse tactics that got us in this mess in the first place. oh and it was nice of him for slagging off frank rijkaard the other day so soon after rijkaards dad died, but i'm sure you'll find some way of blaming that all on rafa...

and jan molby and aldridge to name 2 are utter tools (molby blamed northampton 100% on rafa and aldridge was going on about signing kevin davies), and thommo was right saying that rafa should take some responsibility what happened last year he isnt at fault at all for being 18th a quarter into the season and last season was more down to injuries, and hodgson's record in the transfer market isnt great and if you want to see what he'll do with money look up blackburn 1998 - the equivalent of £30m in todays money spent on nathan blake and kevin davies, which is where we'd be heading if he was to stick around until then. infact rafa did accept responsibility for a lot of the blame for last season (radio city interview, benfica press conference), but i'm sure you've ignored that as it doesnt fit your world view

then why havent we done that at all this season? oh wait, its because hodgson has been relying on his dave sexton/don howe POMO inspired 1975 FA coaching manual that has served him so well for 35 years and is why he has become one of europe's 'most respected coaches'[/quote

Cant be bothered to argue with you any more

You're a joke and I cant take anybody with such bias as credible. Do I listen to opinions of men such as Thompson,Evans,Aldo etc or you......ummm

It aint even because they are ex-professionals it is because what they say makes sense and is logical, Thompson said onlyyesterday Roy is suffering from the effects of Rafa's poor management particuarly in transfer matters.

Have you ever wandered why the common consensus from most people particuarly those in the game that Rafa has to take some blame it is because it is the truth.

I blame Rafa for what he has to take some responsibility for nothing else. Just in the same way Roy has to accept Responsibility for not performing as well as he should so far....

Oh and just to prove your total biased reporting when Hodgson took Blackburn over it is when they had finished one point above the relegation zone the previous season and he led them to a 6th place finish and European football the following season, a very good performance. Then he had his struggles the season after

But you just report the bits that suit you dont you.

You're a joke and I cant take anybody with such bias as credible.

sorry' date=' i'm biased? coming from the person who was going on all last year about how great it would be to replace a 2 time la liga winner, CL winner with a guy who got blackburn relegated?

Do I listen to opinions of men such as Thompson,Evans,Aldo etc or you......ummm

the ones who've failed as managers basically? the ones who hate rafa because he got rid of all the deadwood at the academy (i.e. the coaches that were doing an awful job for years but kept their job because it became a boys club) who they were all pally and as a result most of them lost a good few sources at the club, which of course hurt their media career and they want to get back at him perchance?

It aint even because they are ex-professionals it is because what they say makes sense and is logical' date=' Thompson said onlyyesterday Roy is suffering from the effects of Rafa's poor management particuarly in transfer matters.[/quote']

thommo is looking after his media career and his coworkers include a cokehead, a drunk and a match fixer and the easiest way to keep a media career alive is blaming rafa and excusing hodgson when this mess is near enough all the englishmans fault. and thompson said that the squad him and houillier left behind was better than rafa's squad which we all know is pish

Have you ever wandered why the common consensus from most people particuarly those in the game that Rafa has to take some blame it is because it is the truth.

actually if you look at the polls across most LFC forums at the end of last season they all wanted rafa to stay - most were around 70%' date=' even the one run by carraghers mate TLW was in favour of him.

and the 'experts' (and i use that word loosely) know jack, which is why they are on tv and not managers (such as the now second worst manager in LFCs history, graeme souness) because they know bugger all in the grand scheme of things

I blame Rafa for what he has to take some responsibility for nothing else.

and he has done so, but you keep ignoring that. and the current manager has not taken any responsibility for this and is more than happy blaming his predecessor and talking about torres' 'lack of confidence' and snapping at norwegian journalists.

and you didnt comment on the tactics used today, or hodgson slagging off rijkaard so i guess you'll give him a pass on that, even though if rafa did that you'd want him hung drawn and quartered. probably because you've realised that you havent got much of an argument and i feel most of the others on this thread have realised that. but hodgson will be gone soon so we wont be having this discussion for much longer, so lets enjoy it while it lasts :D

sorry' date=' i'm biased? coming from the person who was going on all last year about how great it would be to replace a 2 time la liga winner, CL winner with a guy who got blackburn relegated?

the ones who've failed as managers basically? the ones who hate rafa because he got rid of all the deadwood at the academy (i.e. the coaches that were doing an awful job for years but kept their job because it became a boys club) who they were all pally and as a result most of them lost a good few sources at the club, which of course hurt their media career and they want to get back at him perchance?

thommo is looking after his media career and his coworkers include a cokehead, a drunk and a match fixer and the easiest way to keep a media career alive is blaming rafa and excusing hodgson when this mess is near enough all the englishmans fault. and thompson said that the squad him and houillier left behind was better than rafa's squad which we all know is pish

actually if you look at the polls across most LFC forums at the end of last season they all wanted rafa to stay - most were around 70%, even the one run by carraghers mate TLW was in favour of him.

and the 'experts' (and i use that word loosely) know jack, which is why they are on tv and not managers (such as the now second worst manager in LFCs history, graeme souness) because they know bugger all in the grand scheme of things

and he has done so, but you keep ignoring that. and the current manager has not taken any responsibility for this and is more than happy blaming his predecessor and talking about torres' 'lack of confidence' and snapping at norwegian journalists.

and you didnt comment on the tactics used today, or hodgson slagging off rijkaard so i guess you'll give him a pass on that, even though if rafa did that you'd want him hung drawn and quartered. probably because you've realised that you havent got much of an argument and i feel most of the others on this thread have realised that. but hodgson will be gone soon so we wont be having this discussion for much longer, so lets enjoy it while it lasts :D[/quote']

:P:p

What makes you such an expert?? News flash....you aint!!

All Hodgson's fault and none is Rafa's......idiotic

Your comments on Thompson,Gerrard,carra,Hodgson,Benitez in fact nearly everybody is beyond belief

I didnt hear Hodgson have a laugh at Rijkaard's dad dying....yet again more made up rubbish He just said Rijkaard a man who has led the biggest club in Turkey to 9th......of course quoting the truth is not what you do. I aint ever said Roy has done a good job so far he aint but he needs time.....then you judge...You just constantly misquote, total bias.

The fact you try and use Rijkaard's dad's death to try and score cheap points on a forum debate is pathetic

When you want a sensible discussion talking facts, truth and not made up rubbish all the time feel free......I accept things it seems as though you cant.

Your priceless

ray, seriously fella its like having a discussion with a braindead alcoholic 10 year old except the braindead alcoholic 10 year old actually makes the odd decent point once in a while

and the point about rijkaard was that hodgson saw it appropriate to mock the man at such a time when 'the diplomat' should have just kept his mouth shut and not act like the deluded narcisst that he is

oh, and if i'm not an expert what are you - you're the annoying bloke in the pub who recites something he heard on soccer saturday or what he read in a henry winter column, says it really loud as if he has a point and shouts down any other opinion that someone else may have had because they've actually thought about the situation and drawn their own conclusions and not used what someone else has said and blindly repeated it as if its their own opinion and its something they've deeply thought about (and if you want evidence, look at your hodgson posts from last season) - that you use the notoriously idiotic, kneejerking xenophobic british press to back you up makes you look like, well someone who isnt capable of forming their own opinion

and if you give hodgson time he'll destroy the club a la souness, only this time we'd probably never recover. thankfully the decision has been made to get rid of him and he'll be gone pretty sharpish as we now have intelligent people making decisions, not the likes of hicks/gillett/purslow running the show

ray' date=' seriously fella its like having a discussion with a braindead alcoholic 10 year old except the braindead alcoholic 10 year old actually makes the odd decent point once in a while

and the point about rijkaard was that hodgson saw it appropriate to mock the man at such a time when 'the diplomat' should have just kept his mouth shut and not act like the deluded narcisst that he is

oh, and if i'm not an expert what are you - you're the annoying bloke in the pub who recites something he heard on soccer saturday or what he read in a henry winter column, says it really loud as if he has a point and shouts down any other opinion that someone else may have had because they've actually thought about the situation and drawn their own conclusions and not used what someone else has said and blindly repeated it as if its their own opinion and its something they've deeply thought about (and if you want evidence, look at your hodgson posts from last season) - that you use the notoriously idiotic, kneejerking xenophobic british press to back you up makes you look like, well someone who isnt capable of forming their own opinion

and if you give hodgson time he'll destroy the club a la souness, only this time we'd probably never recover. thankfully the decision has been made to get rid of him and he'll be gone pretty sharpish as we now have intelligent people making decisions, not the likes of hicks/gillett/purslow running the show[/quote']

Class A whack job........ By the way if im ten you must be about 2

More made up rubbish.....I make my own judgements and also do it in a sensible rational way with reasoning unlike you he just simply launches personal attacks all the time

see a Psychaitrist mate.....

Only got to see the highlights couldnt see the game :(

that was MUCH, MUCH better, if we play like that Vs most sides we will be picking up a lot of points.

The effort and commitment was back which is the main thing which has been totaly missing.

Even after they equalised after we was dominating we came straight back after them, they could have easily dropped there heads and felt sorry for themselves after previous games and conceding a dodgy goal like that but instead they just went straight back after Blackburn again.

really liked the lineup he put out and the difference in the tactics (NO MORE OF THAT PREVIOUS BORING........ PLEASE ROY!).

Hopefully he also realises meireles has to play in CM, Poulsen has to stay on the bench (even better in the changing room!).

I still dont believe hes the right manager for us (as I have been saying all along tho I will be VERY happy if he makes me look an idiot in the future) but I doubt it.

But for the time being if he keeps the restraints off us like today I wont get quite as frustrated with him, he might finally realise we aint bloody Fulham and we do have a squad of top 6 players (easily!)

With Konchesky joining Poulsen :D

Yeah I questioned him signing when I knew we was interested and even more so now, hes been shocking.

Average LB imo, people might not have rated insua but he didnt make more mistakes than Konchesky does, we already had him and he was younger so seems a strange one to me.

Exact same thing with loaning out Aqua and signing Poulsen, Aqua might not have had a stunning season last eyar due to injury but he looked very good when he played (score a very nice goal) and is FAR better than Poulsen.