• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Seemed weird for them to play that well and with high tempo and pressure' date=' Very unlike Roy, maybe the players took it upon themselves to play like that?[/quote']

i honestly think that the players that stayed behind during the week and kenny were behind this, as the first 70min was most definitely not roy hodgson's tactics and approach to the game

Yeah I questioned him signing when I knew we was interested and even more so now' date=' hes been shocking.

Average LB imo, people might not have rated insua but he didnt make more mistakes than Konchesky does, we already had him and he was younger so seems a strange one to me.

[/quote']

one thing regarding konchesky - remember last season when there was the whole england left back debate when bridge retired - how many people put koncheskys name forward? such a poor poor player and that we gave up dalle valle for him is a joke. whilst insua was poor last season he is at least 21 and still learning the game (which some seem to forget) and can improve and due to aurelio's fitness had to play far more games at LB than rafa would have liked and did look fairly knackered too, and unlike konchesky he was actually useful going forward, but thanks to roy he's at gala now and will probably leave at the end of the season for nowt unless the new manager has some sense offers him a contract and gets rid of julian dicks mk2 (and btw konchesky does seem like a sound bloke, but he isnt good enough for us)

Exact same thing with loaning out Aqua and signing Poulsen' date=' Aqua might not have had a stunning season last eyar due to injury but he looked very good when he played (score a very nice goal) and is FAR better than Poulsen.[/quote']

and this season aquilani is fully fit too :mad:

At last Roy finally cracked it... when our players all stand still and watch the opposition passing the ball around we will get hammered regardless of the fact we have better players.

We finally got some movement off the ball and when we were on the ball and it was like watchign a different team.

Obviously it wasn't brilliant, the teams confidence is rock bottom and there is still the Konchesky issue and sorting out right back. But even with these, when our forward players chase down defenders and don't give them all day and when we are on the ball, instead of standing still waiting for a pass they make runs into spaces and give the guy on the ball 2-3 options. It makes all the difference. Quality players then can make things happen.

About time Hodgson realised this, and if he isn't getting sacked atleast we might be able to win some games and not be religated before January.

Kyriakos is a fantastic player, should be first choice cb. Still would like to see Maxi and Konchesky out the first team squad. Would love to see him used as an emergency CF!

Torres scored a great goal also, looks to be getting back to full fitness, also hes enjoying his football more as he less frustrated than he normally does

Maxi out of the team? He did fantastic yesterday and is one of the few players we have with the abillity to actually play decent football.

I rate him highly, was really excited when we got him as a long time fan and have been really unhappy about how he has been missused.

Same really for Joe Cole and Raul Mereriles, they have proven to be top class players but they come here and thrown in a system that doesn't suit them and doesn't show their strengths.

I may get flamed for this, but the team you have all have is nowhere near a Top 4 team. Hodgson did a mistake with his signings. He signed players all in their late twenties making the average age of Liverpool's midfield 28 years old and also all the players who are usually starting in the midfield are bought this year.

Hodgson should get younger signings maybe not extraordinary players but maybe good young players with talent that might be honed at Anfield.

Your current line-up

Reina

Johnson-Carragher-The Greek Guy-Konchesky

Maxi-Merieles-Poulson-Cole

Gerrard-Torres

compared to a few years back (sorry if i made any mistakes i dont usually watch Liverpool games)

Reina

Arbeloa-Carragher-hyypia-aurelio

benayoun-alonso-mascherano-kuyt

gerrard-torres

The midfield and the defence has made a big change which i believe did not work well for Liverpool.

The thing about Liverpool is you dont need anymore midfielders

you could have worked fine with

Maxi-Lucas-Aquilani-Kuyt

and maybe bought another striker.

Thats all i have to say. hard feelings but i kinda disagree with how Roy Hodgson is going with Liverpool.

What I am about to say will probably have been said, I just want to put my spin on it.

What I believe worked well for Liverpool yesterday was that Meireles was played in the right place. Since signing, Hodgson has insisted on playing him just off Torres, with Gerrard in central midfield, where he (Gerrard) impressed against Rabotnicki but then again, who didnt? Now Meireles is described a s a 'box-to-box' midfielder. Now, how can he come back and defend when he is pushed far upfield just behind Torres. What I saw happen in the Everton game was that Meireles and Gerrard were in the same area of the park, leaving Torres on his own. With Gerrard just off Torres and Meireles in the middle, all three ebenefitted from the change, and thus the team played better. Also, as Lawro mentioned last night, the team were more mobile yesterday, they had been rather static previously, which again further isolates Torres.

I personally believe that Kyrgiakos should keep his place when Glen Johnson and Dan Agger return to fitness. I prefer Kyrgiakos to Skrtel, and have done for a while. Yesterday, when Liverpool had the lead and looked comfortable, Skrtel sent a wayward pass back to Reina which nearly out-foxxed his own keeper. I think Skrtel is massively overrated and should be dropped. Carragher didnt well despite the OG, he perhaps could have been positioned better rather than being stood behind his own keeper, although I think some of the blame should go on Kyrgiakos, as he was too far upfield when Blackburn came on the attack. I think that Agger should be nursed back rather than rushed back, one of the problems with Liverpool is that they rush their best players back, look at Kuyt, usually ever-present and has energy like the Energizer bunny, but now he's picking up more injuries. Im pretty sure Liverpool can beat Bolton and Napoli with Kyrgiakos and Maxi rather than an unfit pair of Agger and Kuyt. Let them build up their fitness ahead of the Chelsea game, and (in a bold move) leave Johnson out of the Chelsea game. IMO dont miss with a winning formula, although that said, Blackburn (bar Robbinson) were awful.

I may get flamed for this' date=' but the team you have all have is nowhere near a Top 4 team. Hodgson did a mistake with his signings. He signed players all in their late twenties making the average age of Liverpool's midfield 28 years old and also all the players who are usually starting in the midfield are bought this year.

Hodgson should get younger signings maybe not extraordinary players but maybe good young players with talent that might be honed at Anfield.

Your current line-up

Reina

Gerrard-Torres

compared to a few years back (sorry if i made any mistakes i dont usually watch Liverpool games)

Reina

gerrard-torres

The midfield and the defence has made a big change which i believe did not work well for Liverpool.

Maxi-Lucas-Aquilani-Kuyt

Thats all i have to say. hard feelings but i kinda disagree with how Roy Hodgson is going with Liverpool.[/quote']

our squad mightened be but our first team isn't far of imo

reina one of the best keepers in the world

johnson best attacking right back in the league

carragher

agger- great defender, very underrated

konchesky- average

kuyt- great player to have in a team, had a great world cup

meriles- good player , needs time to adapt but will turn out to be a great singing

lucas- has improved 100%. anyone that doubts his abiltiy watch his perfomance for brazil a few weeks ago , he was running the game for them

cole- haven't seen the best of him but has the talent

gerrard

torres

if we could get a manager to get the best out them players we would definitely have a top 4 team.

and if we bring in a world class left back, winger and forward in january we will have a team to match anyones in the league

Maxi out of the team? He did fantastic yesterday and is one of the few players we have with the abillity to actually play decent football.

I rate him highly' date=' was really excited when we got him as a long time fan and have been really unhappy about how he has been missused.

Same really for Joe Cole and Raul Mereriles, they have proven to be top class players but they come here and thrown in a system that doesn't suit them and doesn't show their strengths.[/quote']

I think Torres enjoys playing with Maxi, you could see them linking up well together and some good football was being played. Also, Joe Cole is a very good player, no doubt, but he cannot play on the wing (well, not on the left). He is wasted out there, and should be used as the trequartista, playing off the striker as he really does have an eye for a pass.

I may get flamed for this' date=' but the team you have all have is nowhere near a Top 4 team. Hodgson did a mistake with his signings. He signed players all in their late twenties making the average age of Liverpool's midfield 28 years old and also all the players who are usually starting in the midfield are bought this year.

Your current line-up

Reina

Gerrard-Torres

Reina

gerrard-torres

Maxi-Lucas-Aquilani-Kuyt

Thats all i have to say. hard feelings but i kinda disagree with how Roy Hodgson is going with Liverpool.[/quote']

a lot of sense here - most would agree that hodgson's signings have been awful (the only one that has been good was meireles and that wasnt signed by hodgson, it was the scout as evidenced by hodgson playing him on the right) although i dont think we need a huge overhaul - different manager with a different (i.e. positive and go out to win games instead of avoiding defeat) approach who is a good coach (e.g. not trying to make pepe reina a more 'english' goalkeeper) and sign a winger, DM and a LB (sanchez, fernando and taiwo are 3 off the top of my head) and get rid of the likes of babel, PFK and poulsen to name 3 in jan and try to get aquilani back and i think we'll be ok for this season, wont get top 4 but 6th-7th should be possible and if the owners invest next summer too to beef up the squad and we should be getting back to the level we were in 08/09 in 11/12 as we have players that we can build around for the next 3-5 years of high quality (aquilani, johnson, reina, torres, pacheco, agger)

;1209456']I think Torres enjoys playing with Maxi' date=' you could see them linking up well together and some good football was being played. Also, Joe Cole is a very good player, no doubt, but he cannot play on the wing (well, not on the left). He is wasted out there, and should be used as the trequartista, playing off the striker as he really does have an eye for a pass.[/quote']

if we continue to play this approach maxi is a must for me - torres and maxi are good mates and have a great relationship on the pitch, and maxi and joe cole have linked up quite nicely when they've played together this season. proper pass-n-move player is maxi, the type we need at the club and a snip on a free for me, just been massively misused this year

;1209456']I think Torres enjoys playing with Maxi' date=' you could see them linking up well together and some good football was being played. Also, Joe Cole is a very good player, no doubt, but he cannot play on the wing (well, not on the left). He is wasted out there, and should be used as the trequartista, playing off the striker as he really does have an eye for a pass.[/quote']

and therein lies our main problem, no width since selling on Riera and Yossie - Maxie, Cole, Gerrard ect all play there best just off the striker linking up play in the centre. Kuyt when fit will run all day on the right but again comes into the centre a lot, Babal I'd sell hes had enough time to prove himself now some little team like Birmingham or Villa might pick him up - but who to buy and who to leave out - Mata is an obvious choice but fades in and out of games and looks a bit lightwieght for the Prem?

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Ex-Real-Madrid-coach-Manuel-Pellegrini-says-Liverpool-contacted-him-/11569/

Former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini says he has been contacted by Liverpool regarding the possibility of replacing Roy Hodgson as manager.

"I had lots of offers, some that I like. Ideally, I would like to find a club in December," Pellegrini told the Spanish press.

"Yes, Liverpool contacted me. It is a great club with many Spanish players who I already know, and it is my intention to work in the Premier League."

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Ex-Real-Madrid-coach-Manuel-Pellegrini-says-Liverpool-contacted-him-/11569/

Former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini says he has been contacted by Liverpool regarding the possibility of replacing Roy Hodgson as manager.

"I had lots of offers' date=' some that I like. Ideally, I would like to find a club in December," Pellegrini told the Spanish press.

"Yes, Liverpool contacted me. It is a great club with many Spanish players who I already know, and it is my intention to work in the Premier League."[/quote']

would love to jump into a time machine last summer and get the board to hire pellegrini, was the common sense hire then and is now, hopefully kenny has been speaking to him recently

and looking at an interview on the official from pepe, doesnt sound too impressed with hodgson's tactics saying that 'we need to get back to the philosphy of the previous years'

"I had lots of offers' date=' some that I like. Ideally, I would like to find a club in December," Pellegrini told the Spanish press.

"Yes, Liverpool contacted me. It is a great club with many Spanish players who I already know, and it is my intention to work in the Premier League."[/quote']

How reliable is I'mscouting.com? I mean I've just searched the web for articles on "Pellegrini Liverpool" and the only report that's come out with him saying he's been contacted by Liverpool is from I'm scouting.com.

If it is true what's being reported, and if Pellegrini is the right man for the job (as some of you seem quiet happy about these reports) December could be a little late, I mean we have some very important games coming up before December and at the moment, under Roy's tactics he used before the Blackburn game i don't see us coming out of some of those games with something positive, if he uses the same tactics that he used for the first 70 minutes against Blackburn, i say we could come out with some good results, and move into the top 8.

I'm not sure how Pellegrini likes to play, as i didn't see any Real Madrid games during his rein, so does anyone want to tell me the difference between him, and Roy?

and therein lies our main problem' date=' no width since selling on Riera and Yossie - Maxie, Cole, Gerrard ect all play there best just off the striker linking up play in the centre. Kuyt when fit will run all day on the right but again comes into the centre a lot, Babal I'd sell hes had enough time to prove himself now some little team like Birmingham or Villa might pick him up - but who to buy and who to leave out - Mata is an obvious choice but fades in and out of games and looks a bit lightwieght for the Prem?[/quote']

think we could pick up a really pacy winger from Ligue 1, was gutted when we didnt sign Remy, look at him now, hes doin wonders for Marseille and France, also Gervinho is a great option, dont think players from Ligue 1 get such a shock from the phisicality as there is quite a bit in the French league, look at Ben Arfa, small player but has adapted perfectly, as with Chamakh.

How reliable is I'mscouting.com? I mean I've just searched the web for articles on "Pellegrini Liverpool" and the only report that's come out with him saying he's been contacted by Liverpool is from I'm scouting.com.

If it is true what's being reported' date=' and if Pellegrini is the right man for the job (as some of you seem quiet happy about these reports) December could be a little late, I mean we have some very important games coming up before December and at the moment, under Roy's tactics he used before the Blackburn game i don't see us coming out of some of those games with something positive, if he uses the same tactics that he used for the first 70 minutes against Blackburn, i say we could come out with some good results, and move into the top 8.

I'm not sure how Pellegrini likes to play, as i didn't see any Real Madrid games during his rein, so does anyone want to tell me the difference between him, and Roy?[/quote']

i would much rather have O'Neill or Redknapp(altho Arry has no reason to leave Spurs)

Both managers now the the English game well and would suit Liverpool imo, the fear i have of Pellegrini is it would take him time to settle in to the English game, whilst if O'Neill came in, it would be no probz.

O Neil would just be another Hodgson waiting to happen, he wouldn't get the respect from big players, doesn't buy in players big enough for our required level.

Look at his time in Villa, they were on the brink of being a top 4 team but he never got in the players that would take them to the next step and now look at them.

Redknapp, is an idiot. I don't like him really the things he says are often stupid. However he does have a knack of getting a big squad of decent players and keep the majority of them happy which has taken Spurs into the CL.

Would he leave Spurs for our current team? I doubt it.

Said as soon as Rafa left, Pelligrini was the best option for us and I still 100% believe he would have been and am sure Mascherano would still be here if he came in too.

O Neil would just be another Hodgson waiting to happen' date=' he wouldn't get the respect from big players, doesn't buy in players big enough for our required level.

Look at his time in Villa, they were on the brink of being a top 4 team but he never got in the players that would take them to the next step and now look at them.

Redknapp, is an idiot. I don't like him really the things he says are often stupid. However he does have a knack of getting a big squad of decent players and keep the majority of them happy which has taken Spurs into the CL.

Would he leave Spurs for our current team? I doubt it.

Said as soon as Rafa left, Pelligrini was the best option for us and I still 100% believe he would have been and am sure Mascherano would still be here if he came in too.[/quote']

how did Rednapp achieve such a big squad? well he spent tons of cash!

Compared to how much Onell spent, consistently villa had one of the smallest squads, reason for that is cos he only ever bought quality players, not benchwarmers, i fell if Villa did sign a couple more quality players, they couldve cracked the top four, as i ve said about rednapp, has no reason to leave spurs.

Compared to how much Onell spent' date=' consistently villa had one of the smallest squads, reason for that is cos he only ever bought quality players, not benchwarmers, i fell if Villa did sign a couple more quality players, they couldve cracked the top four, as i ve said about rednapp, has no reason to leave spurs.[/quote']

villa's net spend in oneills time was one of the highest in europe, by no means did they spend little under him

Compared to how much Onell spent' date=' consistently villa had one of the smallest squads, reason for that is cos he only ever bought quality players, not benchwarmers, i fell if Villa did sign a couple more quality players, they couldve cracked the top four, as i ve said about rednapp, has no reason to leave spurs.[/quote']

Can't even understand why wou have posted this comment?

You ask a question and then go on to answer it yourself... Then you make a stupid comment about O'Neills spending

Then finally you repeat the exact same point I made.

The morons on this forum get worse and worse.

Can't even understand why wou have posted this comment?

You ask a question and then go on to answer it yourself... Then you make a stupid comment about O'Neills spending

Then finally you repeat the exact same point I made.

The morons on this forum get worse and worse.

He's right. Players like Reo-Coker, Harewood & Collins are top quality. :rolleyes: