Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Seems even some footy players are struggling to cope in this economic climate. I've just read on Babel's twitter page that he refuses to pay to download music off itunes and will instead use limewire. I know Ryan's very stingy when it comes to finances' date=' but on that kind of wage does he really need to promote piracy?

Gotta make that £70k a week stretch I suppose... :rolleyes:.[/quote']

haha, can remeber when Glen Johnson 'stole' a toilet seat from B&Q:D

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Damien Comolli to join Liverpool to help oversee recruitment drive, scouting/recruitment department. At Tottenham Comolli was behind discovering GARETH BALE, Alan Hutton, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Giovanni dos Santos, Adel Taarabt & Younes Kaboul and at Arsenal discovering the likes of Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Eboué & Gaël Clichy

Any truth in the rumours that Hodgson has successfully negotionated a player exchange deal with Spurs for Gareth Bale' date=' with Konchesky going the other way?[/quote']

yeah ive heard that as well, only thing is they want 5mil as well which I think is to much for Bale seems him and Konchesky are of similar ability

Sorry for the scare guys, however you will all be pleased to hear Konchesky is going nowhere!

As for this Comolli guy... He is constantly being described as "the man who discovered Bale"

It seems all he did to me was watch any football show on TV then get a £10million cheque and outbid the other 10 teams who wanted him too. Everyone knew all about Bale. It's like saying Fergie "discovered" Rooney.

Like Red&White has pointed out he has a lot more on his record than Bale, however Arsenal have a world-wide scouting system with multi-million pound deals between teams whereby when they get players like Toure, Eboue etc they give Arsenal the heads-up.

To me it seems like this Comolli is just a negotiator. Which is exactly what Liverpool need because we have constantly been ripped off when it comes to buying players for too much and selling them for too little.

So I think it is a great move by the owners.

The Daily Mail have said that Liverpool have expressed an interest in Preston's Sean St Ledger, and that Preston cannot refuse to turn down a bid of £4m for him due to their debts. Sammy Lee has apparently being watching him on international duty.

As both a Preston and Liverpool fan, I dont think he would be a good signing. He was one of Preston's best players, and would perhaps be worth the £4m before his loan spell at Middlesbrough. But since that Middlesbrough deal collapsed, and Celtic lost interest in him, his performances havent been stellar, in goal we have one of the best keepers in the Championship in Andy Lonergan (although he has admitted himself he is suffering from lack of confidence) yet Preston have one of the worst goal differences in the Championship. If our keeper isnt confident with a defence of which St Ledger is an integral part of, then I dont think he would do any better as a fringe player at Liverpool.

The Daily Mail have said that Liverpool have expressed an interest in Preston's Sean St Ledger' date=' and that Preston cannot refuse to turn down a bid of £4m for him due to their debts. Sammy Lee has apparently being watching him on international duty.

As both a Preston and Liverpool fan, I dont think he would be a good signing. He was one of Preston's best players, and would perhaps be worth the £4m before his loan spell at Middlesbrough. But since that Middlesbrough deal collapsed, and Celtic lost interest in him, his performances havent been stellar, in goal we have one of the best keepers in the Championship in Andy Lonergan (although he has admitted himself he is suffering from lack of confidence) yet Preston have one of the worst goal differences in the Championship. If our keeper isnt confident with a defence of which St Ledger is an integral part of, then I dont think he would do any better as a fringe player at Liverpool.[/quote']

have watched him play regularly for Ireland. hes not liverpool quality. we would be alot better of playing wilison or ayala or even kelly instead of spending 4million on him

This is painful to watch... I hope we figure out a way to score.

• Getting run over by a 3-4-3
  • Getting sweet f.a. from a 5 man midfield
  • Johnson is hands down the worst player on the pitch (and yes, i've included Poulson in that assessment)
  • And we have one of the best U21 players in the world sitting in the stands next to Torres watching guys on the pitch just stand around... I'll enjoy watching you in La Liga next season, Dani...

1st half was shocking

2nd Half was much much better, napoli put everything into the first half and some of our younger players couldnt cope, but 2nd half led by Captain Fantastic yet again (dont understand how anybody can EVER question the man- best Liverpool player of my lifetime-arguably ever) was much better. The tackle on N'Gog was horrific, could have broke his legand he meant to do N'Gog and yet he will get away scot-free scandalous

Ecclestone looked good as well mind you against tiring legs.

Still keeps the momentum going and bubbling along nicely ahead of the best team in the Premier league by a stretch coming to Anfield on Sunday.

Mind you discussion point of the night is clearly

John Hendry's wife what a MILF, the things I could do to that :P:p