• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

All the lads performed well' date=' i think Lucas really stood out today getting in some good tackles and putting Maoulda etc under alot off pressure, where as two seasons ago he would off flew in with a wreckless tackle getting himself booked you can see hes improving alot :)[/quote']

Showed some real Brazilian class near the end with that little flick as well ;)

All the lads performed well' date=' i think Lucas really stood out today getting in some good tackles and putting Maoulda etc under alot off pressure, where as two seasons ago he would off flew in with a wreckless tackle getting himself booked you can see hes improving alot :)[/quote']

Was going to say this. Both on and off the ball Lucas was superb. He worked really hard for the team and it showed. Great to see he's getting his form back. As I've posts soooo many times before Lucas is not a defensive midfielder, nor an attacking mid, he's best as a box-to-box player and the formation really suited him today. The negative 4-5-1 can be scrapped as 4-4-2 is the way forward for our club.

I've criticised Roy a lot recently (and rightly so imo), but today I think he got it right. The right formation, the right mentality and the right players (ie. no Poulsen - not even as a sub :)). That doesn't mean I'm fully behind Roy now, far far from it still, but it was definitely nice to see Roy play a formation he is clearly familiar with, rather than unsuccessfully trying to copy everything Rafa did.

Full credit to all the players out there today as well. The defence was pretty solid (except the clear lack of communication at the end), the midfield totally owned Chelsea, Kuyt worked very hard as always, and of course it was Torres' magic that won us the game. Nice to see the young subs linking up well and coming close to scoring at the end as well. No complaints today.

1 more thing, is it just me or did we look a LOT more solid defensively without Johnson? Glen's great going forward so maybe he should be pushed up into mid with Kelly staying at RB and Kuyt continuing alongside Torres. Gerrard should stay in CM, and then either Merieles or Lucas playing with him depending on the opponent.

1 more thing' date=' is it just me or did we look a LOT more solid defensively without Johnson? Glen's great going forward so maybe he should be pushed up into mid with Kelly staying at RB and Kuyt continuing alongside Torres. Gerrard should stay in CM, and then either Merieles or Lucas playing with him depending on the opponent.[/quote']

This ^.

Also, if we did this we'd actually have a half decent bench to pick from which could include N'gog, Maxi, Babel, Pacheco etc.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yes' date=' SM Forum is homophobic like that. But then again, there are probably a lot of bigger homophobes on the forum, so it's like fighting fire with fire.[/quote']

Maybe so, but if I was *** I'd be more offended that it was starred out than if someone called me ***.

Hmm, maybe not a discussion worth having.