• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

edited that lol ' date=' i type to quick..

Anyways i wreckon Torres will end up at a Seria A Team just like he said he would like to play there sometime in his career ;)[/quote']

I doubt it. I have a feeling he WILL go to Serie A, but not anytime soon. And if he did, it wouldn't be to Inter Milan. They've gone downhill since Jose left.

edited that lol ' date=' i type to quick..

Anyways i wreckon Torres will end up at a Seria A Team just like he said he would like to play there sometime in his career ;)[/quote']

he also wrote in his biography that the only 2 clubs he loves are Liverpool and Atletico, and will only play for those two.

he also wrote in his biography that the only 2 clubs he loves are Liverpool and Atletico' date=' and will only play for those two.[/quote']

I also heard he wanted to play in France. Celebrities say a lot of things, and Fernando Torres is no exception. He might be playing for Lyon in January for all we know. But he's playing well, he's scored against Wigan (its going on right now), and twice against Chelsea.

Hughes had 1 and a half seasons and built his own squad from scratch.

Your point?

Didnt he get city to the carling cup semis for the first time in around 25 years? and they also beat the likes off Arsenal and Chelsea in the prem aswell as Barcelona in a freindly, and City fans still wanted him out :rolleyes:, as people have said on this thread to it takes years to build a good squad that can work together.

Similar to every Liverpool fan (bar Ray and to an extent Johnny) viewing Hodgson as a failure?

Similar to every Liverpool fan bar Ray and Johnny. You're basically saying that every single Liverpool fan in the world thinks Roy Hodgson is a failure except them two, while you couldn't possibly determinate if EVERY Liverpool fan had the same opinion.

If you see people on the forum slagging Hodgson, and if that is all you have to judge then its quite biased. Since not every Liverpool fan in the world posts on these forums, you can't speak for every Liverpool fan, only those who have admitted it.

And we're drawing 1-1 with Wigan, and he takes off Kuyt for a defensive midfielder. He really wants the three points doesn't he? :confused:

Roy Hodgson hasn't played enough games to be considered a failure, and neither did Rafa (I never said Rafa was a failure, by the way. I said Inter was going downhill.).

Bottom line is... Roy is not a failure, but he's no legend either.

awful awful performance. nothing to do with tiredness all down to roys defensive and negative tactics.

his subs were bizarre

raul meriles who cost him 11.5mill was tooken off for 18 year old shelvey who was totally out of his depth and give the ball away almost every time he got it

then he brings on poulsen for kuyt.which was exactly the opposite of what we needed. Old, slow, passes sideways.

then to top it all off he brings on Eccelstone for Maxi who has yet to score a senior goal for us before our top goalscorer this season - N'gog

Didnt he get city to the carling cup semis for the first time in around 25 years? and they also beat the likes off Arsenal and Chelsea in the prem aswell as Barcelona in a freindly' date=' and City fans still wanted him out :rolleyes:, as people have said on this thread to it takes years to build a good squad that can work together.[/quote']

With his budget would you expect any less? When he was sacked he was getting very similar results to Roy is getting now however the squad was entirely his own and the blame could only lie on his shoulders. At Liverpool top players haven't been performing (until this week) and the squad is Rafa's, not Roy's.

Similar to every Liverpool fan bar Ray and Johnny. You're basically saying that every single Liverpool fan in the world thinks Roy Hodgson is a failure except them two' date=' while you couldn't possibly determinate if EVERY Liverpool fan had the same opinion.

If you see people on the forum slagging Hodgson, and if that is all you have to judge then its quite biased. Since not every Liverpool fan in the world posts on these forums, you can't speak for every Liverpool fan, only those who have admitted it.

And we're drawing 1-1 with Wigan, and he takes off Kuyt for a defensive midfielder. He really wants the three points doesn't he? :confused:

Roy Hodgson hasn't played enough games to be considered a failure, and neither did Rafa (I never said Rafa was a failure, by the way. I said Inter was going downhill.).

Bottom line is... Roy is not a failure, but he's no legend either.[/quote']

I meant to add on this thread. Those 2 seem to be the only ones that stand up for him in any way at all. I'm guessing the forum is a fair sample of the real world and there aren't stacks of Liverpool fans who want Roy to stay and we have a clear minority on here? Rafa had a long time to make Liverpool successful. He didn't and many of his transfers were dubious to say the least. His only success came with Houllier's squad and the team he built did next to nothing.

Again we have the "performance by performance" crowd come out....

We played well first half, should have been ahead by more. Second half you could see the energy, the reserves were not there after Wigan got there equalizer we looked tired and could not raise ourselves again.

I said i felt this off the back of an energy sapping (both mentally and physically) against Chelsea would be a difficult game. We needed to kill the game first half we didnt and we got punished. Tiredness was quite clearly an issue and it does have some bearing. You have to remember look at our subs bench tonight we have a chronic lack of options and until Jan that is not going to change. Maxi, Kuyt were clearly out for the count and better to have some fresh legs about rather than passengers at this stag of the game.

I like the way people tonight are slagging off Shelvey, after the games against Napoli people were saying he should be involved more give the kid a chance etc etc so what happens he gets put on does not play that well it has to be said and everybody starts ridiculing the lad. The only way you get experience is by playing games but the kinda reaction on here is so typical of some of the modern day fans.

One minute you are a bright young player the next he shouldnt be involved and way out of his depth, you cant win :rolleyes:

Not a great 2nd half performance but there are some mitigating factors, we didnt lose the unbeaten run continues and as I say im not surprised by the result given the intensity of Sunday's game and as said before Roy does not have the luxury of having many options to change a game and that wont really change until the Jan transfer window.

Overeact after the win against Chelsea and again aftr a draw away at Wigan, find a middle ground lads and you are somewhere near the truth :)

Similar to every Liverpool fan (bar Ray and to an extent Johnny) viewing Hodgson as a failure?

Liverpool fans are known world wide for there support and backing of a manager even through the bad times (Rafa last season) ' date=' even with all those seasons without a trophy and the position we was in last year we sung his name throughout the games and always backed him.

Just because a large number of LFC fans wasnt happy with the appointment of hodgson and still not happy now doesn't mean they are quick to judge it just means they are not happy, period.

LFC fans care about 1 thing, our club so if we think the right man isnt in charge then they will say so, there is nothing wrong with that at all its not like on match day we are booing him he will get backed like always.

Again we have the "performance by performance" crowd come out....

If you mean people who are happy with Roy 1 second and want him in charge but then change there mind after a bad result then yeah I agree.

If you mean the people who stilll aint convinced by the guy but are happy to praise him when he gets something right (like me and James did Vs Chelsea) then we are bound to as thats what forums are for and just like the pundits do on TV its all part of the game to talk about each game.

I'm guessing you mean the 1st one tho so ignore the 2nd :)

I thought he got it perfect against Chelsea so gave him praise as needed, still didnt think hes the right man for the future but at the same time I'm not stupid enough to think I'm definatly right as I REALLY hope he proves me wrong.

We played well first half' date=' should have been ahead by more. Second half you could see the energy, the reserves were not there after Wigan got there equalizer we looked tired and could not raise ourselves again.

I said i felt this off the back of an energy sapping (both mentally and physically) against Chelsea would be a difficult game. We needed to kill the game first half we didnt and we got punished. Tiredness was quite clearly an issue and it does have some bearing. You have to remember look at our subs bench tonight we have a chronic lack of options and until Jan that is not going to change. Maxi, Kuyt were clearly out for the count and better to have some fresh legs about rather than passengers at this stag of the game.

I like the way people tonight are slagging off Shelvey, after the games against Napoli people were saying he should be involved more give the kid a chance etc etc so what happens he gets put on does not play that well it has to be said and everybody starts ridiculing the lad. The only way you get experience is by playing games but the kinda reaction on here is so typical of some of the modern day fans.

One minute you are a bright young player the next he shouldnt be involved and way out of his depth, you cant win :rolleyes:

Not a great 2nd half performance but there are some mitigating factors, we didnt lose the unbeaten run continues and as I say im not surprised by the result given the intensity of Sunday's game and as said before Roy does not have the luxury of having many options to change a game and that wont really change until the Jan transfer window.

Overeact after the win against Chelsea and again aftr a draw away at Wigan, find a middle ground lads and you are somewhere near the truth :)[/quote']

Agree with most that above though esp regarding Shelvey, if fans dont have patience with youngsters like him then they will never develop here.

Just like Kelly at RB we have to ignore mistakes they make as they are still learning, granted he never played well but he will get there in the end.

Would rather see him coming on than Poulsen who is a total waste of ....... space and I cant for the life of me see why Hodgson bought him or still sticks with him.

If he was the age of say Lucas where you could give him time to become good I wouldnt mind so much, but at his bloody age hes only going to get worse!

As for the game, thought we played ok.

I think people are forgetting even Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and co put in LOADS of these types of performances away from home during a season especially after a game like we had against Chelsea.

How good was it to see the Torres and Gerrard partnership in glimpses again? the goal was excellent.

I still think its an improvment from what we have been saying at the start of the season and although the 3 points would have been better its still not an awful result.

How good was it to see the Torres and Gerrard partnership in glimpses again? the goal was excellent.

I still think its an improvment from what we have been saying at the start of the season and although the 3 points would have been better its still not an awful result.

was great:D:cool:

can remember a program i watched on lfctv called 'top 10 deadly duos'' date=' stevie and nando were no1 on goals to games ratio, even higher than rush and dalglish:eek:(altho stevie an co have played less games together), the stat was something like 92 goals between them in 97 apps:cool:

agree about the result not being awful, correct me if im wrong but i think chelsea lost at the DW last season, also i think arsenal let a 2 goal lead slip, what im trying to say is that wigan can be a tough place to visit, so think its a fair result.

With his budget would you expect any less? When he was sacked he was getting very similar results to Roy is getting now however the squad was entirely his own and the blame could only lie on his shoulders. At Liverpool top players haven't been performing (until this week) and the squad is Rafa's, not Roy's.

I meant to add on this thread. Those 2 seem to be the only ones that stand up for him in any way at all. I'm guessing the forum is a fair sample of the real world and there aren't stacks of Liverpool fans who want Roy to stay and we have a clear minority on here? Rafa had a long time to make Liverpool successful. He didn't and many of his transfers were dubious to say the least. His only success came with Houllier's squad and the team he built did next to nothing.

i dont see why you emphasise on the 'his squad' business so much, at the end of the day, if funds are not available, or new players are not needed, a top coach would just get on with things, ala hiddink(when he won the fa cup with chelsea).