• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Like many others, not suprised we didn't get a win against Wigan. Could feel it coming throughout the whole day.

The move to bring Poulsen on when we had just gone to 1-1 and needed a goal was so bad and so insane it was hysterical.

In my opinion though we lost this game in 1 area.. left-back. Konchesky is a average player who Wigan targetted and slaughtered.

The team had put a awful lot into the Chelsea game and the 3 games before that so you can forgive them for not being able to maintain that intensity and having to grind a win here. I feel we could have done that easier if we had any other of our options in there. I know Agger, Johnson, Aurelio and Soto are injured so we are very short at the back so there wasn't much choice for this particular game.

But he should have spent better in the transfer market. The whole Konchesky deal was a joke in my opinion, Insua wanted to leave so we had to get a left-back in, but getting rid of 2 great talented youth players for this idiot. It wasn't as though we were desperate and had no other choice to sacrifce 2 youth players either. We simply could have kept Aquilani here insetad of loaning him out - not wasted money on Poulsen (another joke) and used the Poulsen money to buy an actual talented Left back.

Danny Wilson is set to get a Scotland call up. Another international player amongst our ranks now. And as far as the match goes, Konchesky reminds me of Glen Johnson, but at LB, but he can defend better. And I wasn't surprised to see N'gog not playing, because, if Torres is available, Roy will play him, regardless of form.

All we can do is beat Stoke City and get another 3 points, on the brighter side of things, our unbeaten run continues :D

I critisize managers just as much as the next guy but I usually end up thinking this (on something I disagree with the manager): "Surely it can't cant have been that bad of a move because surely the manager knows his team and who he should put on". However...

The move to bring Poulsen on when we had just gone to 1-1 and needed a goal was so bad and so insane it was hysterical.

...To bring on Poulsen was incredibly, undescribably horrendous that I really believe that 95%+ of the fans could have done a MUCH better job making substitutions. Putting Poulsen on in itself wasn't so horrible but to take an attacking player off and/or not make another sub and put another attacking player (Jova/N'gog) on was very stupid.

On halftime, why not do this:

OFF: Kuyt ON: Jovanovic

And if we're not winning at 60-70min, then maybe this substitution:

OFF: Maxi ON: N'gog

Roy still has the Fulham mentality in him and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. And him favouring the English players over others (Eccleston over Pacheco:rolleyes:) is sad and won't pay off at Liverpool, at least not this season...

Pepe has too much class.

I'm not saying he is never going to leave Liverpool but if he does' date=' it won't be one where newspapers report stories about him falling out with the manager and trying to force a move.

He is one of the best proffesionals in the game and a credit to our club.[/quote']

Couldnt agree more with this post says it all. Pepe is a class act and a solid professional.

If you believe what you read in the Mirror you need your head looking at......as per usual newspaper trash talk with no substance..

They will get bored and move onto somebody else soon enough.....sensaionalist rubbish just to sell papers

Said to my friends this morning who were trying to wind me up about it that it would be BS.

Reina is amazing and like mentioned below would be the last person to do something like that imo, even when things were much worse a few months ago he said he didnt want to leave and now with things (hopefully) changing (talking with regards to ownership of the club) I doubt he would just change his mind.

Guy is a total pro and credit to the club.

Liverpool could make a move for 19-year-old Preston midfielder Adam Barton, considered one of the brightest English prospects outside the Premier League.

Full story: Daily Mirror

I would take this story with a pinch of salt as Barton is Northern Irish :P

But seriously though, I reckon Barton would be a good youthful addition, but he is very much in the same mould as Shelvey and Spearing. Ive been to every Preston home game this season and I would say that Barton has been my surprise of the season. At the start of the season, the first choice pairing was most definitely Matt James and Paul Coutts, now its a little more open, with Coutts sometimes dropping to the bench or playing wide left.

If Liverpool could get him on the cheap (and thus relegate my hometown club as they need cash but also need him) then there's nothing to lose.

Glad to see Hodgson's comments about Johnson today just expressing what we have all felt this season....

He has been poor and needs to do better MUCH better.

I think it could be a good bit of man management, Johnson can either sulk or he can do what a real professional would do take a look at himself, realise he has been performing aarmingly poor and take it upon himself to work harder and prove to people he can be the player we know he can be.

Personally for me he ant a starter currently and on form he certainly shouldnt be Soto has played great and Carra is more than able at RB. Id certainly play that way today for example, kelly was exposed quite a bit at Wigan and away from home I think we need to protect him especially from the nature of what the game will be today.

This statement by Roy should also put to bed the ludicrous opinion of some who thinks he dotes on the English contingent, it's not true, same with all players if youre performing you get praise, if you aint youre out(bit like Jovanovic).....I think he has just expressed what we all think.

Now Glen.....get yourself together and get back to performing like an International RB the challenge has been laid out.....we want you to succeed, now just do it :)

Glad to see Hodgson's comments about Johnson today just expressing what we have all felt this season....

He has been poor and needs to do better MUCH better.

I think it could be a good bit of man management' date=' Johnson can either sulk or he can do what a real professional would do take a look at himself, realise he has been performing aarmingly poor and take it upon himself to work harder and prove to people he can be the player we know he can be.

Personally for me he ant a starter currently and on form he certainly shouldnt be Soto has played great and Carra is more than able at RB. Id certainly play that way today for example, kelly was exposed quite a bit at Wigan and away from home I think we need to protect him especially from the nature of what the game will be today.

This statement by Roy should also put to bed the ludicrous opinion of some who thinks he dotes on the English contingent, it's not true, same with all players if youre performing you get praise, if you aint youre out(bit like Jovanovic).....I think he has just expressed what we all think.

Now Glen.....get yourself together and get back to performing like an International RB the challenge has been laid out.....we want you to succeed, now just do it :)[/quote']

Important thing today regarding Liverpools defence is they must be good in the air. With Delap's long throws. Pennant and Etherington on either wing and Kenwyne Jones up top, Stokes main threat will be aerial. Thing is if they find that the aerial method isn't working, they can easily switch to Fuller/Tuncay.

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I can't see L'pool even getting in Stoke's box at this rate. The hosts are absolutely determined to win this one and are really looking for that early goal. And there is no way in hell Liverpool can hope to win if they keep trying to beat Stoke in the physical game. Should have found out by now. On the upside, Reina's the best goalkeeper in the Prem right now.

The big problem with Stoke's approach is that their stamina's gonna be "stoked" by half-time...