Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Question is' date=' would you guys want him back in place of Hodgson? or is he no longer welcome at Liverpool in your eyes?

Would like to hear your views as I'm not sure....[/quote']

From an outsiders point of view i think bringing him back would be suicide for the club tbh, it would put him in a position of such power where his actions couldnt really be questioned whether being successful or not. Not to mention the financial implications of paying off Roy and asumming a sizeable kitty that Rafa would demand in return.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Guest Villa888

Rafa hasn't officially been sacked yet. A lot of websites are jumping the gun.

ROME (AFP) - Rafael Benitez remained coach of Inter Milan on Tuesday, insisted club president club president Massimo Moratti, despite renewed speculation that the Spaniard had been sacked.

After attending a meeting at the club's Milan offices Moratti declared in answer to a question whether Benitez was still Inter boss: "Yes, yes. There are no other thoughts.

"I have heard of and read about contacts being made with other coaches, but the club has not made contact with any other coach and will not until the situation is clarified."

Earlier Benitez's agent also dismissed rumours suggesting the Inter Milan coach's days at the club were numbered.

"No one called me and I've had no meeting scheduled with Massimo Moratti," Manuel Garcia Quilon told the ANSA news agency.

"Benitez wants to continue to do his job and continue to work to improve the club."

Benitez has looked ever closer to the exit door after Moratti blasted the former Liverpool boss for his post-Club World Cup outburst.

Having seen his side beat Congolese outfit Tout Puissant Mazembe 3-0 to win their fifth trophy of the year, Benitez launched a tirade against the powers that be at Inter.

He accused his bosses of failing to support him in the transfer market and accused the players of taking their own decisions.

A furious Moratti was reported to be set to fire Benitez even though the dismissal of the former Liverpool boss, who took over from Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho during the summer, could cost the club between four and eight million euros.

Rafa hasn't officially been sacked yet. A lot of websites are jumping the gun.

he got told by email from one of moratti's secretaries on monday night he was gone

Question is' date=' would you guys want him back in place of Hodgson? or is he no longer welcome at Liverpool in your eyes?

[/quote']

right now i'd take any manager who's won something major over hodgson, never mind the only one to win the league, cup, uefa cup, CL, euro super cup and world club cup

Either way its not 100% cionfirmed he's been sacked.

Its not that he wont be welcomed back to Liverpool, hes just not the right man imo, what he needs is a good few months to clear out his brain, have a goood rest, and come back in to management at the start of the new season.

Back at LFC? No, not imo. Would love him back in the Prem but imo he should head back to Spain.

EDIT Its confirmed now: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9302348.stm

What do you people make of this?

Blackburn Rovers' El-Hadji Diouf has launched an attack on Liverpool stalwart Jamie Carragher, insisting that the defender "is nothing".

The 29-year-old still carries mental scars from his two-year stint at Anfield, during a period when the pair did not even talk to each other.

The verbal volley began when the Kop favourite decided to take a swipe at the ex-Red by writing in his autobiography that former boss Gerard Houllier made a mistake by bringing in Diouf ahead of Nicolas Anelka.

"In all my years at Anfield, I have never met a player who cared less about winning or losing," wrote Carragher.

"His name - along with that of Salif Diao - still makes even the toughest Liverpudlians shudder in fear."

Now, however, Diouf not only returned the favour with interest, but also took a pop at a famous fan chant 'we all dream of a team of Carraghers' sung to the tune of The Beatles' Yellow Submarine.

Diouf told The Sun: "If Liverpool had 10 players like Carragher, then they would never win anything.

"Carragher, for me, is nothing. He's like a make of ketchup or mustard to a normal person, not important. I played for Liverpool for two years and Carragher never spoke to me. That's life, some people are like that.

"We didn't have a team at Liverpool. We had the English somewhere and the French boys somewhere. If it's like that, you can do nothing together.

"Carragher is just a guy who loves to talk. But Carragher doesn't sell papers, Carragher doesn't sell shirts."

Then Reds boss Houllier signed the forward for a fee believed to be in the region of £10 million from Lens, and the Senegalese player is unhappy that the defender chose to bring up the issue only now.

He said: "When I played at Liverpool, Carragher could have talked to me then - but he didn't.

"He was jealous of me - that's why he talked about me. Because when I came to Liverpool I earned more than him and I was a bigger name than him.

"I took my country to the World Cup and to the finals of the African Nations Cup.

"So Carragher can't criticise me because, to me, he has done nothing with his life."

Both Diego Maradona and Pele have named Diouf among their list of 100 of the world's best footballers, and he said: "I'm not going to listen to what Carragher says.

"I listen to the big men, the greats of football. Both said very good things about me."

From Goal.com

Would like to hear your views as I'm not sure....[/quote']

TBH, i'd rather keep Hodgson than get Rafa back. Look what he did to Inter. 7th place and 13 points behind Milan. No Way, Rafa.

Lol' date=' i know,

As far im concerned we all care about our mayonaise/ketchup:confused::rolleyes:

He was a flop, still is, will always be, also i 99 out of 100 people will have Anelka over Diouf so i dont see what hes on about.[/quote']

What he said from his point of view about there being a divide between the English lads and the rest is spot on, it was widely talked about at the time and led to Danny Murphy being sold. Diouf is a great player when hes on form, but he has a terribal attitude and those form days can have months inbetween them.

As fro Rafa - yes I would have him back - I think the media are still trying to undermine him if you read some of the reporting, particulary the BBC website and SkySports website - I havn't bothered with any of the Murdock owned papers because they always report incorrectly anyway.

What he said from his point of view about there being a divide between the English lads and the rest is spot on' date=' it was widely talked about at the time and led to Danny Murphy being sold. Diouf is a great player when hes on form, but he has a terribal attitude and those form days can have months inbetween them.

As fro Rafa - yes I would have him back - I think the media are still trying to undermine him if you read some of the reporting, particulary the BBC website and SkySports website - I havn't bothered with any of the Murdock owned papers because they always report incorrectly anyway.[/quote']

them 'form days' are like a blue moon, was bought becuse of a good world(didnt even score a goal i think(?), another reason he was bought was becuase Houllier clearly had wrong contacts with French football, he always seemed to buy the rubbish frenc players(bar Pongolle who atleast did something whilst he was here). Diouf was also the last number 9 we had before torres(?), oh the contrast:rolleyes:.

And i see no reason for him being aknowledged by the like of Pele, leading your country to a ACON and WC finals is not enough when you look at the other players on the list:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

Also Benitez returning now is not a good idea, should take a good long rest now, im sure Benitez will also agree:D

Guest Villa888

TBH' date=' i'd rather keep Hodgson than get Rafa back. Look what he did to Inter. 7th place and 13 points behind Milan. No Way, Rafa.[/quote']

I hope you mean what injuries and a hugely misfiring, "couldn't make a tap in" Milito has done to Inter.

Agree . We play better football now than when rafa was the manager .

I can understand people not wanting Rafa back and criticising his latter years, but the above statement is preposterous in my opinion. We are currently playing the worst football I have seen since some of the Souness days. We've been ok in some games and you could argue it's still a bedding in period for Hodgson to imprint his style, but sideways passing and then a long ball is the norm from most games I've seen. Perhaps you could argue it's because the more technically gifted players are woefully out of form, but there's no way we are playing better football than the Rafa days in my opinion. The only games where there has been a semblance of good football has perhaps been the European games (and the West Ham game) where we were afforded much more time on the ball.

Agree . We play better football now than when rafa was the manager .

Oh goodness. Tell me you are joking? At least when Rafa was here we dominated the majority of the teams we played. Since Hodgson's takeover we've looked mediocre at best against ALL form of opposition.

Even if we were playing well, look at the results. Wouldn't you much rather have the team winning games than playing attractive football and getting turned over every week?

Oh goodness. Tell me you are joking? At least when Rafa was here we dominated the majority of the teams we played. Since Hodgson's takeover we've looked mediocre at best against ALL form of opposition.

Even if we were playing well' date=' look at the results. Wouldn't you much rather have the team winning games than playing attractive football and getting turned over every week?[/quote']

By and large we have especially recently been very impressive at home, just the same old problems away from home. I can't really see in the last 2-3months how anybody can criticise our home form after the Blackpool game and we have one of the best home records in the League, although equally we are a soft touch away against any side who makes it a physical battle and that has to be addressed, it's Ben a problem for well over a year, and the malaise in this respect started in Rafa,s last season and sadly carried over.

I can't believe anybody can seriously want Rafa back, it is ridiculous. The guy is shot currently and wherever he goes he gets to involved in politics and point scoring rather than concentrating on the job in hand. He has been a destabilising influence wherever he has been lately and we need to have stability and everybody on the same page.

Can you really see Rafa working alongside Comolli??!! Do me a Cavour in Rafas eyes he is the be all and end all, he wants all the power both on and off the pitch and under the NESV model that will never happen and nor should it. Can't we draw a line under this and move on, Rafa has had his time at the club, appreciate the memories, but his time was up it was the correct decision to remove him. Let's move on please!!

Haha' date=' a team of Carragher's vs a teams of Diouf's i would love to see that.

Maybe we could ask SM to simulate it to see the results!:P[/quote']

Lol, Carragher can't hit a barn door with a shovel but Diouf wouldn't be able to get past him. It evens itself out :).

But eventually Carragher would either score an own goal or score a deflection off of Diouf... ;)

Lol' date=' Carragher can't hit a barn door with a shovel but Diouf wouldn't be able to get past him. It evens itself out :).

But eventually Carragher would either score an own goal or score a deflection off of Diouf... ;)

i recon diof would get angry and carragher would get a free kick scuff it and then have another 10 carraghers fight for it and bundle it home 1-0 to the carraghers!:D Thats my prediction...