Hey Guys' date=' What Are Your Thoughts On This,

[center']Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Aurelio

Mascherano

Maxi --------------------- Babel

Gerrard

Torres Kuyt

(4-4-2 Diamond)[/center]

That, Imo Is Out Strongest Possible Lineup. I Put Agger There Because We Need A Pacey Defender For Counter Attacks.

I Quite Like It, But Is It To Offensive?

Thoughts Please. :)

Almost nail on the head wasn't it? Swapping Insua in for Aurelio and the diamond for a flat midfield four, which looks promising as long as Gerrard doesn't go into superman mode and forget he's playing an an orthodox central midfielder player.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Liverpool 3 - 0 Sunderland. One of our best performances this season, amazing, Torres scores his 7th goal in 4 games while Johnson proved why we needed him while he was gone.

And the remaining fixtures seem to shine on us with Man City having to face Arsenal and Man United, I think they will drop a good few points, while Spurs have the Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal in a row.

Guest Phill

Hey Guys, Im Just Thinking How Many Liverpool Players Could Get Into Manchester United's Lineup.

RED - Liverpool

BLACK - United

Reina

Johnson Vidic Carragher Evra

Mascherano---Fletcher

Valencia-----Rooney-----Maxi

Torres

I Have Put Carragher There Because, Well, Iv'e Never Understood Why People Think Ferdinand, Or Vidic For That Matter Are So Good.

Comments/Views Welcome! :)

Hey Guys' date=' Im Just Thinking How Many Liverpool Players Could Get Into Manchester United's Lineup.

RED - Liverpool

BLACK - United

Reina

Johnson Vidic Carragher Evra

Mascherano---Fletcher

Valencia-----Rooney-----Maxi

Torres

I Have Put Carragher There Because, Well, Iv'e Never Understood Why People Think Ferdinand, Or Vidic For That Matter Are So Good.

Comments/Views Welcome! :)

no gerrard!!!!!! i dont care how bad is form is. on his day he is one of the best players in the world.

he would still start in any team in the world.i would defintly put him in before maxi, flecther or valencia

Reina

Johnson

Vidic

Ferdinand

Evra

Mascherano

Fletcher

Gerrard

Valencia

Torres

Rooney

Surely Gerrard MUST be included? Yes, his form isn't the best, but as stones said he's still one of the best players in the world. His performence against Sunderland showed this. Now he just needs the consistency he had last season.

Agger would also be a contender (I also am not a huge fan of Ferdinand) but atm Ferdi probably just edges it. I think I'd rather have Soto ahead of Carra atm :eek:

Ok lads, I'm just back from a great holiday and it's woken me up from my uncharacteristic pessimistic stupor about's Liverpool's prospects this season (which has been hanging over me for the last 2 months). Torres reckons 6 wins will see us qualify fourth. We've got a toughie against our bogus side Birmingham next up, but I have a sneaky suspicion 5 wins and a draw may be enough and looking at out fixtures that is certainly possible. Tottenham, arguably the most in form of the challengers for fourth place have to play the top three (on the trot I believe) so let's hope they choke (lasagne being prepared as we speak if required :P). City also have 3 of the current top 4 to play, but have 4 home games where they've been strong. Villa are in poor form and hopefully are lovely in-form neighbours Everton can put the final nail in their chase (if Bolton don't do so this weekend). The remaining fixtures:

LIV............TOT............MAN C...........AVL

Bir (a)........Sun (h)........Bur (a)..........Bol (a)

Ful (h)........Ars (h)........Bir (h)...........Eve (h)

Wes (h)......Che (h)........Man U (h)......Por (a)

Bur (a).......Man U (a).....Ars (a)..........Hul (a)

Che (h).......Bol (h)........AVL (h)..........Bir (h)

.................Man C (a)....Tot (h)..........Man C (a)

Hul (a)........Bur (a)........Wes (a).........Bla (h)

We still have all three of the teams fighting for survival to play and those games can be tricky at this time of the season, but we've got to be looking for victory in those games. Judging by Hodgsons's selection for the last league game, he now seems to be resting players for their Europa challenge so hopefully we catch them with their minds elsewhere. It could quite possibly come down to goal difference, so a few goals could prove handy (coupled with a few heavy defeats for Spurs). We need a few favours from some of our usual foes to make up the lost points, but as long as we can get 16pts by my reckoning, we may yet pull off the inprobable in this season of horrors for us :eek: . Despite all the goings-on, if the lads perform as they have been showing in recent times we may just do it :)

whats everyone opinions on the rumour that were in for raul.

personally i think he would be a good signing for us if we can get he quite cheap.

the mans a leagend and would be a perfect partner for torres up front

Just remember Morrientis, great at Real, known as a legend and couldn't hack it in the Prem because of the difference in speed of the game over here

whats everyone opinions on the rumour that were in for raul.

personally i think he would be a good signing for us if we can get he quite cheap.

the mans a leagend and would be a perfect partner for torres up front

I don't think, yeah there spanish connections could help but not much. I think Raul has past it and wouldn't hack the speed of the Premiership game. I think the rumors about him moving to the MLS have a bigger chance of happening than him moving to Liverpool. :o

Here's hoping for a positive result tonight... I know Rafa is likely going to turn this into an ugly boring slug-fest in midfield, but here's hoping it's a more creative style of play...

Regarding Benfica's tactics, I thought that this write up on AnfieldRed does a good job concisely describing what Benfica are trying to accomplish.

I actually watched the Benfica X Braga match this past weekend. These guys are thugs. Talented thugs, but thugs nevertheless. Here are some thoughts from that match:

• Benfica basically wrapped up
    the Portuguese championship this past weekend. They don't have anything to worry about domestically, so their focus going forward will be 100% Europa Cup.

• The potent Saviola/Cardoza tandem looks v tired.
    They need a rest more than any other striker pairing in Europe.

• Quim can be beat.
    I know the goals against @ home doesn't suggest this, but he looks much shakier than a guy like Almunia.

• Despite having speed out the yang, this is a brutally physical team.
    Expect the yellows to fly. Hopefully Mascherano doesn't take the bait.

• Expect Di Maria to flop and flop and flop.
    I haven't seen anything like this guy since Ronnie & Gerrard circa '97/'98/'99;).

• They can be beat on the outside.
    Coentrão impressed me, but he and the other wingback are equal to Insua on the defensive end.

• Ramires will be their best player all game long.
    Luiz could be a close second.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that the Lucas/Masch midfield & try to grind out a goal is the most effective way to beat this team. But we'll see...

Should be a good match. Interesting to see Liverpool as the underdogs.

Here's hoping for a positive result tonight... I know Rafa is likely going to turn this into an ugly boring slug-fest in midfield' date=' but here's hoping it's a more creative style of play...

[b']Regarding Benfica's tactics[/b], I thought that this write up on AnfieldRed does a good job concisely describing what Benfica are trying to accomplish.

I actually watched the Benfica X Braga match this past weekend. These guys are thugs. Talented thugs, but thugs nevertheless. Here are some thoughts from that match:

• Benfica basically wrapped up
    the Portuguese championship this past weekend. They don't have anything to worry about domestically, so their focus going forward will be 100% Europa Cup.

• The potent
    Saviola
    /Cardoza tandem looks v tired.
    They need a rest more than any other striker pairing in Europe.

• Quim can be beat.
    I know the goals against @ home doesn't suggest this, but he looks much shakier than a guy like Almunia.

• Despite having speed out the yang, this is a brutally physical team.
    Expect the yellows to fly. Hopefully Mascherano doesn't take the bait.

• Expect Di Maria to flop and flop and flop.
    I haven't seen anything like this guy since Ronnie & Gerrard circa '97/'98/'99;).

• They can be beat on the outside.
    Coentrão impressed me, but he and the other wingback are equal to Insua on the defensive end.

• Ramires will be their best player all game long.
    Luiz could be a close second.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that the Lucas/Masch midfield & try to grind out a goal is the most effective way to beat this team. But we'll see...

Should be a good match. Interesting to see Liverpool as the underdogs.

Saviola is injured for both legs