Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

La Liga is crying out for a manager like Benitez to do what he did at Valencia' date=' by challenging RM and Barcelona for the top spots. I could see him doing something like that given enough time. I would think their are a few clubs in spain desperate to give a manager of his experience a go.[/quote']

The thing is that Valencia team was already great and none of the current Spanish sides can boast that aside from Barcelona and Madrid now,so basically as Valencia is the only Spanish club I could see him managing again are a much worse team and in a mess financially,with Barca and Madrid having teams of a lifetime I doubt Benitez would be able to challenge them,Benitez did a great job at Valencia and carried on Cupers fantastic work but I can't see anyone challenging Barca or Madrid for a long long time.

Heard it first from my uncle who's a steward there' date=' then it was confirmed on BBC.

Apparently Blackpool will be fined next season if they don't install under-pitch heating.[/quote']

It's hard for a small club like blackpool but even championship teams have games on, even a confrence game was on last week!

Liverpool being link with Dzeko in this morning's telegraph. Probably not true but would you like to see him strutting his stuff at Anfield? Or would you prefer a different striker/player for the price being mentioned for him (34million with possible ad ons of Babel and Agger)?

Liverpool being link with Dzeko in this morning's telegraph. Probably not true but would you like to see him strutting his stuff at Anfield? Or would you prefer a different striker/player for the price being mentioned for him (34million with possible ad ons of Babel and Agger)?

I'd much rather have Aguero

Dzeko is a good player but I don't think he is the right fit for Liverpool.

I think Dzeko is perfect for EPL football, strong, good target man, has good skills and most importantly a great finisher, only problem is his asking fee. Would love to see him in a LFC shirt.

I dont really care who it is, Dzeko or Aguero, we definetely need a quality striker, you could maybe add Benzema to that list also.

If anyone had said that those names would be arriving then my suspicions about 'Pool fans intelligence would have been proven. ;)

Just stating that it's pointless even bringing those names up, the only chance they'll get to play at Anfield is if their team draws them in the Europa League, and even then those 3 players are unlikely to be playing in that competition given the status' of their clubs.

Just having a chuckle at the notion of those players' coming to Liverpool.

It's fantasy football guys, what sort of appeal (apart from the star quality in Torres/Gerrard already at the club) does Liverpool have to top class footballers? This isn't FIFA 11 were you can buy whoever the hell you want, your club can't attract the top players any more.

They're stagnating, and although they'd offer big money, you don't have to travel far (only to the nearest city I think...) to find a club who'd better any financial package you'd put forward. City have the money, and players can claim 'that I want to be part of this development', United and Chelsea have the obvious allure and Arsenal have the appeal to French players or aspiring youngsters - Liverpool have their 'history' which they cannot stop banging on about, no doubt their fans will jump ship to 'which English club's won the most European Cups?' as soon as United inevitably dethrone them as the team to have won the most League Titles.

Yes, you need a top class striker - but you're unlikely to get one. Let's look at the top players being linked away from their clubs:

Dzeko - Would be likely to cost in excess of €35m, already ruling Liverpool out. He's also got the pick of a load of sides who are guaranteed to win silverware and be in contention for Europe's top prize, so a move to a club of Liverpool's standing would be stupid considering what he has available to him.

Aguero - Just no, if £45m would sign him I'd be very surprised... I can't see him moving, and I daresay that if Atletico were to sell him, they'd look for bidders outside of Spain, and you couldn't look beyond Chelsea, Inter or City for those most likely to land him.

Benzema - Recently shown the Benzema that made his name at Lyon, and although on the whole he's been a massive disappointment since arriving, Real wouldn't take too big a hit on him and would easily fetch circa €25m for his signature, and of all the clubs whose interest had been piqued at that price, Liverpool wouldn't be anywhere close to being in contention to sign him.

Suarez - Won't be leaving for anything less than €20m, and although Liverpool could probably afford that, to be frank Ajax are a selling club and given those likely to be monitoring the Uruguayan, what chance do 'Pool have of landing him?

You need a top class partner for Torres, but that doesn't mean you'll get one. Pull names from a hat all you want, but you should look in the bargain bin (Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic :o...) before the top stores, where you're likely to get told to sling your hook.

I think you should rather worry about the 'Nuer's and the 'Mertesaker's coming to your club, never mind the rest:rolleyes:. If you actually bothered to read the post we were replying to instead of blabbing utter spam, u'd realise what we was talikng bout.

Hope that^^ clears up things.

I think you should rather worry about the 'Nuer's and the 'Mertesaker's coming to your club' date=' never mind the rest:rolleyes:.

[/quote']

You mean the Germans? :P

Suarez - Won't be leaving for anything less than €20m' date=' and although Liverpool could probably afford that, to be frank Ajax are a selling club and given those likely to be monitoring the Uruguayan, what chance do 'Pool have of landing him?Quote']

I heard he was going to Spurs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342146/Djibril-Cisse-meets-Steven-Gerrard--discuss-Liverpool-return.html

This could only mean one thing.........

They both have the same taste in food

Aside from that story, he's a question to the rest of the Liverpool faithful:

Would you welcome Michael Owen back after a spell at Manchester United?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342146/Djibril-Cisse-meets-Steven-Gerrard--discuss-Liverpool-return.html

This could only mean one thing.........

They both have the same taste in food

Aside from that story' date=' he's a question to the rest of the Liverpool faithful:

Would you welcome Michael Owen back after a spell at Manchester United?[/quote']

It means nothing.

No never

It must be as it can't mean anything else' date=' can it? :eek:

I'd love Cisse back at Liverpool, I loved watching him while he was on loan at Sunderland 2 seasons ago, he is quite good technically, and his hair changes every match! :D

Aside from that story, he's a question to the rest of the Liverpool faithful:

Would you welcome Michael Owen back after a spell at Manchester United?

I dunno. If he'd score once in a while yes but he's past it now.

Edit: Also, if we did sign him again he would be the only player who could correctly do a bicycle kick, you could argue Torres and Maxi could but one would break their back and one would kick the ball to the corner flag, and we all know which one would do what...