• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Watchin goal it was pathetic defending but reina must take some blame to score from that angle with a keeper coming out is a good finish but it should never happen he came out and slide why not dive at his feet he woudnt of been able to take it round and defo no penalty.

try adding comma's :o

;1301557']And in those 15 mins he was crepe' date=' ok. :o:p[/quote']

There is something called a first half mate:p

It wouldve hlped if youd've actually watched the whole of the match

try adding comma's :o

There is something called a first half mate:p

It wouldve hlped if youd've actually watched the whole of the match

I know there's a first half, don't get smart with me. :confused:

But from what I saw (the 2nd half), he didn't look good at all and all he seemed to do was give the ball away.

Also, I don't think you're in a position to comment on someone's English skills, when you think that the plural of comma has an apostrophe and you make up contractions of words. ;)

First off Burs you are a twenty-four carat mug, a flat track bully who only ever talks when it suits. Your an idiot, you still brownnose Rafa even though I and many others said ages ago his time was up, he lost it miles before anybody else saw it. But you keep up your lies, misquotes big man aren't you.

The simple truth is (I don't have my opinion as some kinda cheereleading muppet) I said Roy would be the kinda steady hand we needed at a time of massive upheaval, destabilising from the rafa,Tom,George fiasco, Truth is he is failing to deliver no arguments there, so far this season has been awful both in terms of performances and results. Roy must take huge amount of responsibility (except when we win when it's down to Rafa :rolleyes:) for results. he has not got the team playing in a cohesive manner and does not know his best team. Where I will agree is that his negativity lately is not helping.

But to blame all of this on him is unfair,unjust and not right. I have said it before and will say it again and again and again there are many to blame H and G, no explanations needed, Rafa,s awful transfer dealing in his last two years and the legacy of a squad full of players that are nowhere near good enough for a club of our stature. That cannot be changed overnight and what I have said all along is that whoever is in charge will need 2-3years to turn this shower around. Time,Patience and Money those are the key words.

Andy Gray is a muppet and so are Sky so for the record I don't ever agree with him. He played forEverton for God sake!! I form my own opinions if I was a cheerleading muppet I'd be doing what you do, it's easy to have a go, easy to have a dig, it ain't so easy to have solutions proper solutions. I won't apologeise for giving a guy a go, giving him time to do the job as I did with Rafa,Hou,kier,Evans and all those beforehand. Is he succeeding no not by a long stretch but you have to give a guy a fair crack of the whip before making snap judgements. Has he had a fair crack....that can be argued, but this ain't his team, it,s Rafas legacy.

However forget all that I have said this for ages the biggest culprits are the players. They show no professional pride, love for the club, passion it is a disgrace. You should have that inner sense of pride and wanting to perform but they don't show it. The only players who do genuinely care are Gerrard and Carrara, the rest don't give monkey. There attitude stinks whether you like the manger or not you should give everything for the club, at least give the fans work rate,effort we can forgive a bad display but a lack of effort,passion is unforgivable.

The simple fact is we ain't good enough or anywhere near good enough. those of you who thought top 4 were living in a dreamworld, the squad is nowhere near good enough. Amass overhaul is required and the problem now is that we cannot attract the top level players the way we used to. I said it at the start 6th is the very best we could hope for we aren't any better than that. Kyriakos,Skrtel,koncheskey,Aurelio,Kuyt,Maxi,Lucas,Poulsen,Babel,Ngog,Spearing are all simply not good enough. Torres,Cole,Johnson are not tge players they should be.

That is basically nearly our whole squad either not good enough or out of sorts, it's not rocket science. I realize it's hard to take and believe me Ifind it extremely hard to take but we are not attheelite level anymore and we won't be for some time. The club has to be completely overhauled. A new stadium is vital to compete financially, money from the owners to revamp the playing squad, it will all take TIME. I am as impatient as the rest of us but you have to face reality we are a million miles away and as much as you and I want a quick fix, it ain't gunn a happen.

Move on TRAG, next time watch full matches, usually helps

I think some of the players you listed as not good enough are worthy of their place such as N'Goals. Agree with everything else you said. Its only natural for a new manager to get rid of the old, and in with the new. As you said before a BIG overhaul is needed. Also mate, even though he's just arrived, Meireles also give 100% every match, before he came, this wasnt what he had anticipated, but hes getting on with it and tries his best every game, he does care, great proffesional.

Move on TRAG' date=' next time watch full matches, usually helps

I think some of the players you listed as not good enough are worthy of their place such as N'Goals. Agree with everything else you said. Its only natural for a new manager to get rid of the old, and in with the new. As you said before a [b']BIG[/b] overhaul is needed. Also mate, even though he's just arrived, Meireles also give 100% every match, before he came, this wasnt what he had anticipated, but hes getting on with it and tries his best every game, he does care, great proffesional.

I excluded Meireles as I think he can be a good player for us. At home to Wolves we should be playing Stevie-Meireles CM and Royhas to accept this is the way to go. In fact athometoany team, but tonight was indefensible, the main problem is the same we have had for five years the wide areas are pathetically bad we have no outlets at all, no pace, no creativity no class. I'm sorry but up front at the moment is almost as bad. I dunno what has happened toTorres, but he ain't trying leg and If we can get40m plusI think with the amount of rebuilding needed and his abject attitude ATM I'd be tempted to sell and I'm sorryI can't agree N'Gog will NEVERbe good enough. It is very depressing don't get me wrong Roy has huge culpability but the players is where your real anger should lie, as I have said I can forgive poor performances, what I cannot forgive is a lack of professional pride,effort and they should be ashamed there attitude stinks!!

Move on TRAG' date=' next time watch full matches, usually helps

I think some of the players you listed as not good enough are worthy of their place such as N'Goals. Agree with everything else you said. Its only natural for a new manager to get rid of the old, and in with the new. As you said before a [b']BIG[/b] overhaul is needed. Also mate, even though he's just arrived, Meireles also give 100% every match, before he came, this wasnt what he had anticipated, but hes getting on with it and tries his best every game, he does care, great proffesional.

I don't know why you tell me to move on, when all I am doing is discussing a player's performance, which is what this thread is for. But all you can seem to do is ignore the point I am making by telling me I did not watch the whole game, even though I didn't say N'gog played badly all game - as obviously I could not make that assessment, as I stated I hadn't watched the whole game. Then Nathan tries to make a point about the goal we conceded, and all you can do is have an ironic dig at his punctuation. What is constructive about that? Seriously.

Also, it is TRAG, if you would take the few moments to actually take in what appears on your browser. ;)

-------------------------

Also, Ray. I don't know how you can say Gerrard and Carragher are the only ones who care. Players like Lucas and Kuyt consistently give their all for the team and put in tireless performances.

I agree though, the players haven't seemed to care this season, however, they were the same last season, and that was the season Rafa was sacked for finishing 7th. Which seems a distant dream, going on recent performances (IE tonight).

ray blaming rafa for this - what a surprise. if its rafa's fault how come we were never anywhere near this bad under him??? and who made the squad unnecessarily weaker by signing poulsen and konchesky, the latter who he has worked with for the past 2 years and thought was good enough - was that rafa benitez or roy hodgson?

absolutely pathetic you are, and having the nerve to call me a 'bully' when you were calling other people 'typical idiots' earlier in this thread when they said that carragher shouldnt be in the team anymore, you little hypocrite calling me a bully when you do the exact same thing when anyone has a difference to your opinion, and you've done that many times before, unlike you the others havent cried about it and have taken it on the chin whereas you are more than happy to call others idiots but when someone calls you one you start calling people bullies - pathetic.

so sad that this person (and some others) blames a liverpool legend for the failings of roy hodgson when it is clear as day to everyone else that this mess is solely the fault of roy hodgsons and you are trying to sully the name of benitez in order to make yourself look knowledgeable and intelligent on an internet forum - you aint knowledgeable or intelligent, and if anyone has any doubts they just need to read your 'hodgson for liverpool' posts within the last year.

so sad and pathetic you are, genuinely makes me ashamed of being a liverpool fan reading your comments. whilst rome is burning ray is blaming johnny foreigner instead of going after the one who is to blame for this mess. so sad, so so sad. and do you know what the funny thing is - you were ripping benitez for far far less last season and yet you are prepared to give hodgson an enormous pass for this cack he's serving up every week, you slagging the players off this season when last season it was all the managers fault and not the players.

absolutely pathetic - next time you are at a match try having a chat with someone and try to convince them that you are right on hodgson, and see how long it takes for you to get laughed off as a crazy man.

First off Burs you are a twenty-four carat mug' date=' a flat track bully who only ever talks when it suits. Your an idiot, you still brownnose Rafa even though I and many others said ages ago his time was up, he lost it miles before anybody else saw it. But you keep up your lies, misquotes big man aren't you.

The simple truth is (I don't have my opinion as some kinda cheereleading muppet) I said Roy would be the kinda steady hand we needed at a time of massive upheaval, destabilising from the rafa,Tom,George fiasco, Truth is he is failing to deliver no arguments there, so far this season has been awful both in terms of performances and results. Roy must take huge amount of responsibility (except when we win when it's down to Rafa :rolleyes:) for results. he has not got the team playing in a cohesive manner and does not know his best team. Where I will agree is that his negativity lately is not helping.[/quote']

There's more to it than his negativity. Why for instance is he playing a right footed player on the left wing, when he doesn't exactly offer much width even if he is played on the right? Why is Raul Mereiles, a central midfielder, playing on the right wing? Why is a proper winger (Ryan Babel) sitting on the bench every week despite putting in better performances than the mentioned players when given a chance? If he can't even play players in their proper positions then what hope does he have for finding his best team?

But to blame all of this on him is unfair,unjust and not right. I have said it before and will say it again and again and again there are many to blame H and G, no explanations needed, Rafa,s awful transfer dealing in his last two years and the legacy of a squad full of players that are nowhere near good enough for a club of our stature. That cannot be changed overnight and what I have said all along is that whoever is in charge will need 2-3years to turn this shower around. Time,Patience and Money those are the key words.

Hicks and Gillette were here while Rafa was managing as well and he had as much to deal with as Hodgson did. In fairness I wouldn't give Hodgson another penny. Cole, despite being pathetic so far, is excusable as he was free but the players he actually paid good money for have been shocking. Konchesky is hopeless, his shot tonight after about 20 minutes sums up his season so far really. Aurelio is a far better alternative and again he sits on the bench. Don't even get me started on Poulsen.

Andy Gray is a muppet and so are Sky so for the record I don't ever agree with him. He played forEverton for God sake!! I form my own opinions if I was a cheerleading muppet I'd be doing what you do, it's easy to have a go, easy to have a dig, it ain't so easy to have solutions proper solutions. I won't apologeise for giving a guy a go, giving him time to do the job as I did with Rafa,Hou,kier,Evans and all those beforehand. Is he succeeding no not by a long stretch but you have to give a guy a fair crack of the whip before making snap judgements. Has he had a fair crack....that can be argued, but this ain't his team, it,s Rafas legacy.

So when will he have had his fair crack? Whenever we're playing in the Championship next season perhaps? If we leave it too late we're going to be tumbling down the table like a ton of bricks. We're now into January - January! and we're well in the bottom half of the table and playing hopeless football. Enough's enough.

However forget all that I have said this for ages the biggest culprits are the players. They show no professional pride, love for the club, passion it is a disgrace. You should have that inner sense of pride and wanting to perform but they don't show it. The only players who do genuinely care are Gerrard and Carrara, the rest don't give monkey. There attitude stinks whether you like the manger or not you should give everything for the club, at least give the fans work rate,effort we can forgive a bad display but a lack of effort,passion is unforgivable.

If Rafa was accused of 'losing the dressing room' in his last season in charge then Roy certainly hasn't won it back. Of course the players should be responsible for themselves and should be able to put in the effort. But it's all too obvious watching these performances that they don't want to play under Hodgson.

The simple fact is we ain't good enough or anywhere near good enough. those of you who thought top 4 were living in a dreamworld, the squad is nowhere near good enough. Amass overhaul is required and the problem now is that we cannot attract the top level players the way we used to. I said it at the start 6th is the very best we could hope for we aren't any better than that. Kyriakos,Skrtel,koncheskey,Aurelio,Kuyt,Maxi,Lucas,Poulsen,Babel,Ngog,Spearing are all simply not good enough. Torres,Cole,Johnson are not tge players they should be.

Have to agree with that and yes Rafa left a lot of the above mentioned players behind. Put simply though, if he was still managing us we wouldn't be in the bottom half of the table.

That is basically nearly our whole squad either not good enough or out of sorts, it's not rocket science. I realize it's hard to take and believe me Ifind it extremely hard to take but we are not attheelite level anymore and we won't be for some time. The club has to be completely overhauled. A new stadium is vital to compete financially, money from the owners to revamp the playing squad, it will all take TIME. I am as impatient as the rest of us but you have to face reality we are a million miles away and as much as you and I want a quick fix, it ain't gunn a happen.

The new stadium is crucial, as sad as it would be to leave Anfield it's badly needed. It's becoming impossible to cope with the demands of the current Premier League with such a small stadium (in comparison to United, Arsenal, etc. which is who we should be competing with). Particularly now that we have teams like City willing to massively over pay for mediocre players. A better financial structure is very important over the next decade or so.

FirstoffBURS thanks for your last post, I don't need to say anything, the fact you think Rafa has no culpability says it all. that lack of intelligence is startling. Unlike you I admit Roy is under performing and I don't misquote people or make up lies like you do. but as I have said before don't talk to me you can't have a proper reasoned debate so on that basis I have no want or need to continue acknowledging you're rubbish. at least Midnight, Johnny C make a proper reasoned thinking behind there words etc.

Simple truth and the bottom line is we ain't good enough, the playing squad is a million miles away, WHOEVER is in charge be it Roy or anybody else there won't be any quick fix, it will take years, a lot of money and a lot of patience which is what I have said all along. I don't deny Roy has made fundamental errors I have eluded to them myself many times and made mistakes. is he the right man....I don't know, this season so far would suggest not but it ain't his side, and he ain't had much time, proper transfer funds etc. does he deserve those things..maybe,maybe not that can be debated.

But like I scythe main culprits and the main vent of any anger should be at the players, I can never understand be it at our or any club blaming it on one man. the players are the ones who cross the white line and can our squad look themselves in the mirror and sleep well at night knowing they are doing everything in there power for this club......the answer categorically is a resounding NOand they should take a good long look at themselves and there poor attitudes.

Wasn't better recall Insua and use him instead of Konchesky? At least the Argentinian would attack better..

If you could sell Jovanovic and Poulsen ( Degen perhaps too?) and get around 8 millions, you could buy Cristian Rodriguez from Porto. He is fast, fighter, not very skillfull, but is also worker and could help you in this hard period because he gives 110% for the team every match.

;1301606']I know there's a first half' date=' [b']don't get smart with me.[/b] :confused:

But from what I saw (the 2nd half), he didn't look good at all and all he seemed to do was give the ball away.

Also, I don't think you're in a position to comment on someone's English skills, when you think that the plural of comma has an apostrophe and you make up contractions of words. ;)

you sound like my mum! :P

the players are the ones who cross the white line and can our squad look themselves in the mirror and sleep well at night knowing they are doing everything in there power for this club......the answer categorically is a resounding NOand they should take a good long look at themselves and there poor attitudes.

Agree 100% with this' date=' I know regardless what manager was in charge if I put on that LFC fans I would be playing for

- my pride

- the fans

- my family

I mean how can those players live knowing there family / friends and fans have seen them put such a performance in? I would be friggin embarrsed!

Simple truth and the bottom line is we ain't good enough, the playing squad is a million miles away, WHOEVER is in charge be it Roy or anybody else there won't be any quick fix, it will take years, a lot of money and a lot of patience which is what I have said all along.

Depends on how high your standards are, very few "top" managers would have done as bad as Roy has in charge regardless of the playing squad, and lets face it when you look at our players we still have a decent side if motivated properly.

Look at Chelsea, they was as bad as us lately but doesn't make there players rubbish.

We dont have a world beating side granted and we aint even as good as chelsea but we are far, far, far better than the team Roy is making us out to be.

I don't deny Roy has made fundamental errors I have eluded to them myself many times and made mistakes. is he the right man....I don't know' date=' this season so far would suggest not but it ain't his side, and he ain't had much time, proper transfer funds etc. does he deserve those things..maybe,maybe not that can be debated.[/quote']

Agree slightly but again even tho it aint his team as a top manager (well I dint think he is anyways and his record proves that) he would still be able to tactically set them up and motivate them to play FAR better than they are.

Rafa even though I and many others said ages ago his time was up' date=' he lost it miles before anybody else saw it. But you keep up your lies, misquotes big man aren't you.[/quote']

The only thing I could never fully understand is how people could go against Rafa for 1 (yes 1) poor season after all the improvments we had made (check the points and goals tally per season for proof) , yet are willing to give a manager who has done NOTHING for us, time and patience a chance?

Its the one thing ive never understood, we have 1 manager who came with an excellent managerial record at a BIG club and then went on to improve us season after season (again please dont debate this without checking back on points and goals tallys) who has 1 bad season and people want him out (although it has to be said very few people around Liverpool itself wanted him gone, more internet based)

Then on the other hand we have the VERY media friendly Roy who has NOT got a good managerial record AT ALL and can only boast getting Fulham to the mickey mouse of Euro comps final (even mclown did that with boro) , people want him in, he comes in, he then does shocking and gets the basics wrong, but the same people bashing Rafa wanna give this guy time and money, WHY???? , because this aint his team?? give me a break , Rafa won the Champions league with a team worse than this (I know you are going to say it wasnt) but there wasnt much between them for sure if you compare them player for player (remembering Owen and Heskey had already been sold)

Ive left out the players Rafa 1st signed and also left out the ones hodgson signed, so both managers get the treams they inherited.

GK - Reina > Dudek

RB - Finnan / Johnson (not really sure, maybe Finnan for defense)

CB - Carragher = Carragher

CB - Skirtel > Troare (i dont rate Skirtel but hes far better than Traore)

LB Riise > Aurelio

RM - Kuyt > Smicer

CM - Gerrard = Gerrard

CM - Hamman > Spearing

CM - Lucas > Biscan

LM - Kewell = Babel (would say the Kewell Rafa got was about the same as Babel)

ST - Torres > Baros.

There isnt loads between the 2 sides, so why could Rafa get his playing so well and Roy can't? - simply because at that time Rafa was a top manager with a proven record and very good tactically, Roy is not and DOES NOT have a good managerial record (its average at best)

People can call his transfer record all they like but didnt he leave the club having made an actual profit? then when you think he started with an ageing side with the likes of Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Traore, Cheyrou and co most of which left for £0

He leaves the club with the likes of Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Kuyt, Johnson.

The 3 in bold alone was worth far more than the entire squad he was given!!

The simple truth is (I don't have my opinion as some kinda cheereleading muppet) I said Roy would be the kinda steady hand we needed at a time of massive upheaval' date=' destabilising from the rafa,Tom,George fiasco, Truth is he is failing to deliver no arguments there, so far this season has been awful both in terms of performances and results. Roy must take huge amount of responsibility (except when we win when it's down to Rafa :rolleyes:) for results. he has not got the team playing in a cohesive manner and does not know his best team. Where I will agree is that his negativity lately is not helping.[/quote']

I would actually say its been the other way around mainly, When things have gone wrong like Tonight muppets like Gray and some fans blame rafa's team.

When things have gone well (Chelsea etc) people just said "Roys finally getting the team playing to his methods) and deserves credit etc.

Andy Gray is a muppet and so are Sky so for the record I don't ever agree with him. He played forEverton for God sake!!

Agree again :)

but this ain't his team' date=' it,s Rafas legacy.

[/quote']

But there are still some very good players and we should be playing FAR better even tho it aint his team, although you already said Roy is underperforming so I guess its pointless me debating that bit :o

However forget all that I have said this for ages the biggest culprits are the players. They show no professional pride' date=' love for the club, passion it is a disgrace. You should have that inner sense of pride and wanting to perform but they don't show it. The only players who do genuinely care are Gerrard and Carrara, the rest don't give monkey. There attitude stinks whether you like the manger or not you should give everything for the club, at least give the fans work rate,effort we can forgive a bad display but a lack of effort,passion is unforgivable.[/quote']

I would add people like Riena, Kuyt, Lucas, Ngog, Kiri to that list.

Some care but Roy is just not getting the best out of them (inc his OWN signings)

The simple fact is we ain't good enough or anywhere near good enough. those of you who thought top 4 were living in a dreamworld' date=' the squad is nowhere near good enough. Amass overhaul is required and the problem now is that we cannot attract the top level players the way we used to. I said it at the start 6th is the very best we could hope for we aren't any better than that. Kyriakos,Skrtel,koncheskey,Aurelio,Kuyt,Maxi,Lucas,Poulsen,Babel,Ngog,Spearing are all simply not good enough. Torres,Cole,Johnson are not tge players they should be.[/quote']

A team something like........

Gk - Reina

RB - Johnson / Kelly

CB - Carragher

CB - Skirtel

LB - Konchesky

RM - Kuyt / Maxi

CM - Merelies / Lucas

CM - Gerrard

LM - Cole / Babel / Jova

ST - Ngog / Babel

ST - Torres

Now if a top manager had that team playing even close to how it could we would be doing pretty well imo, dont get me wrong I dont think we would be blowing the top 4 away but we would be up there around the 5/6 spots and looking FAR better than we are now.

RH is just out of his depth, it was clear before he even took the job he was going to be imo just based on his record alone (the thing most managers use to get jobs, not sure how his landed him the LFC job tbh) - well I know why he got it but thats another story.

My honest Views on Rafa (before he left)

I always belived Rafa was the man to take us forward, his record at the time was proving as much.

We improved season after season, then came last season when he bascially took on the owners and the media, it was simply to much and in the end it took its tole on him and the players and we all know what happened, I still dont think Rafa is over it (or LFC for that matter) and I do think he needs a rest from football.

Take away that and think of the Rafa before that happend, check our improvment season after season, then take a look at the players he actually wanted to sign, imagine if he was allowed to sign them what would people be saying about his transfer record then?, but even if you ignore that as its only a "what could have been / if buts etc" - just check out our proper record under him.

Anybody who wants to say anything against Rafa other than before last season please go right ahead but before making yourself look like an idiot, check his record for both LFC and Valencia.

My views on hodgson before he came

Didnt want him at all, have known about him for years, knew his record and seen how some of his teams have played and knew he wasnt the right person for LFC.

I knew full well he was getting the job because hes very media friendly and at the time he was appointed would not go against certain people at the club unlike Rafa.

His managerial record is what? getting 1 Fulham team into the final of the Euopa league??? have you seen some of the teams that have done well in that competition?

My honest views on hodgson now...

pretty much same as above except now I think hes even worse, not so much as a manager as I know from his previous wrecks at big clubs this was going to happen but I can't believe how stupid his interviews are and how disresctful he can be towards the fans to try and say hes doing a good job when he clearly isnt.

he bangs on and on and on and on about how long hes been in football (and won what again!!!!!!) he fails to mention that bit and how LFC fans expect to much and need to face reality! , hes the one who needs a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ reality check and watch some of these games again on the TV.

Then he can watch other managers getting far more out of much worser players, then if he can actually focus on the team instead of the media everyday maybe he would get more respect from the players?

.. again how people are willing to give this _ _ _ _ time, money and patience is beyond me, its so obvious hes not the right man (just check his CV at previous BIG clubs)

the owners need to use this to get rid of him before January, get someone else in, if they cant get the right man for the long term just yet then use Kenny for now till the end of the season at least and see how it goes, at least he will get the best of out of the current crop (well I think he will anyways, he has there respect) - and the fans

Rafa' date='s awful transfer dealing in his last two years and the legacy of a squad [b']full of players that are nowhere near good enough for a club of our stature[/b]. That cannot be changed overnight and what I have said all along is that whoever is in charge will need 2-3years to turn this shower around. Time,Patience and Money those are the key words.

I'm not sure if it's been said here before but out of the 14 players that played against Real Madrid and won 4-0, 8 of them played last night. With a manager who can get the best out of his players, we'd be challenging for top 4 spot. Maybe we wouldn't get top 4 even with a good manager but we'd be very close. Are you suggesting that our squad is only as good as the league table shows?

It isn't his squad, it's Rafa's legacy but he got to make a quite a few changes to the squad and those changes have set the club couple steps back. Not that Meireles wouldn't be good but Roy doesn't know how to play him. Poulsen and Konchesky in, Aqua and Insua out was also a couple of changes he made to the squad and has it improved the team? NO. Were the signings complete waste of money? Pretty much... plus, we gave 2 pretty good youngsters to Fulham in exchange. So far his transfer dealings has been miles worse than Rafa's and doesn't deserve the chance to buy any more players (granted, it's not really a fair comparison since Rafa got to spend a lot more).

I'm really worried that if Roy stays and gets his hands to the transfer money, he'll get Carlton Cole:mad:

He needs to go, NOW!

Kuyt on the left? Mereiles on the Right (when he has performed well in the middle for quite a few games now)? Like for like substitutions when we're losing against the bottom team in the league at home (when we had one of the better home league records)? Moving Gerrard to the Right to accommodate Cole in the middle? Deary deary me. That has to go down as the most inept tactical management I have seen in my lifetime from a Liverpool manager.

Lacking quality in the squad, player's low confidence, players afraid to get on the ball as they may make mistakes, fans not backing the side etc etc. Every excuse in the book except to acknowledge that he himself is at least partly to blame. I'm ashamed to say it as I never thought I'd see the day where I would turn against any Liverpool manager, but Hodgson has to go now. Unfortunately, the mass media have clearly given him delusions of grandeur about his true standing in World football and his worth as a manager. A little bit of humility or acceptance that he has not got things right might have bought him some more time from the fans, but it's clear that isn't forthcoming any time soon. Wrong man for the wrong job and as he so ineloquently keeps pointing out at the wrong time (poor squad, no funds, blah blah). If he wants to maintain any dignity, he should go graciously now (with whatever hefty compensation packet he gets). We can all then move on from this prolonged nightmare we are having :(

I don't necessarily disagree with most of whatSmart and Neller have said. can understand fully why people would want Roy out and in a lot of it, the reasoning is understandable, the point is and I have said this all along that to blame him solely is totally unjust it ISA combination of things over a three year period. Hicks,Gilette,Rafa,David Moores, Rick Parry and the main culpability the players all have to take there share of the blame for instigating the demise of our once great club.

Roy has under performed no doubt, I don't dispute that and his position can be argued, the point I have made al along is irrespective of who the manager is it will take years touring us back and a lot of money which has to be wisely spent unlike the millions frittered away on big transfer fees and extraordinary wages (have you seen the wages at our club for some of this mediocre rubbish we have in the squad no wonder we can't shift them). In that regard Roy IMO started to do the right thing shifting the likes of Degen,Insua etc but no doubting that Konchesky,Poulsen were stop-gap measures who clearly are not good enough. Poulsen has always been total pap and I said so before we bought him whereas Konchesky looks like a fish outta water at this level. meireles was a good signing but he ain't using him correctly I would 100%agree with that.

Simple truth is we have to many players who don't give you anything both in terms of effort and quality. It is sad to see this happening to the club we love, it hurts it hurts real bad. Roy his position is arguable and I can understand the calls to want him out, however the whole issue is people are solely blaming him which is garbage IMO. The players are the ones I have the real anger for, I personally would let any of them who don't want to be here (toreros included as this season he has been sulking,lack of effort,passion) leave. I want players who WANT TO PLAY for this club. This club is an institution, a wonderful club full of history,prestige it should be a Privilege to play for us yet so many of them have taken the fans for granted and it ain't right.

By all means say Roy out, you may well be right but all I am saying is you have to be realistic about where we are, what was wrong before he came, it hurts real bad but we are not an elite level club and sadly I can't see that changing for many years and worringly some of the rhetoric from the owners suggests that money may not be in plentiful supply and believe me this squad needs a lot of revamping.

just seen pictures of Sylvain Marveaux in the stands yesterday which would suggest he is close to joining the club fora minimal fee as he is out of contract soon so I am hearing.

only ever seen him play twice and he did ok nothing more, but hardly gunn a judge a player on two random games I have seen. Do people know much about him, do you rate him??

if I remember him rightly he is left footed and some decent clubs were chasing him. at the price quoted it looks a minimal risk. Think this May be the first of many signings from France

just seen pictures of Sylvain Marveaux in the stands yesterday which would suggest he is close to joining the club fora minimal fee as he is out of contract soon so I am hearing.

only ever seen him play twice and he did ok nothing more' date=' but hardly gunn a judge a player on two random games I have seen. Do people know much about him, do you rate him??

if I remember him rightly he is left footed and some decent clubs were chasing him. at the price quoted it looks a minimal risk. Think this May be the first of many signings from France[/quote']

I read from Guardian's website that he was in the directors' box to watch the game but I didn't see any photos of him. Haven't seen him play (other than the couple youtube clips I just watched:D) but I'd welcome him with open arms because he seems the type of player our club desperately needs.

only ever seen him play twice and he did ok nothing more' date=' but hardly gunn a judge a player on two random games I have seen. Do people know much about him, do you rate him??

if I remember him rightly he is left footed and some decent clubs were chasing him. at the price quoted it looks a minimal risk. Think this May be the first of many signings from France[/quote']

If that is true, then my god what a player you are so close to sign. He has the speed, the technique and he has a really good left-foot. To add aswell: He is very explosive. He is certinaly an improvement of all the left-sided wingers you posseses, for sure. However, I remember West Ham bidding somewhere around £3 million region during the summer, which Rennes refused, and the fact that he's been playing well this season aswell (although he's been dragging injuries with him a lot this season), his prices may have jumped up higher, though. I do think that with this owners, who seems prepared to invest, it shouldn't be a problem to match Rennes asking-fee.

Still, I don't understand why Pacheco ain't given chances. He is way to good to not getting playing-time. I mean, he was the star of the Spanish team that made it to the finals of the U-19 Euro's (which also possesed players who already has been given opportunties on the highest stage in Canales and Muniain) and he also won the Golden Boot of the tournament, so I don't really understand why Hodgson don't have confidence in this guy. I hope he moves to La Liga before it's to late, as I'm sure he'll bloom out there for sure.

If that is true' date=' then my god what a player you are so close to sign. He has the speed, the technique and he has a really good left-foot. To add aswell: He is very explosive. He is certinaly an improvement of all the left-sided wingers you posseses, for sure. However, I remember West Ham bidding somewhere around £3 million region during the summer, which Rennes refused, and the fact that he's been playing well this season aswell (although he's been dragging injuries with him a lot this season), his prices may have jumped up higher, though. I do think that with this owners, who seems prepared to invest, it shouldn't be a problem to match Rennes asking-fee.

[/quote']

He only has 6 months left on his contract I think, so I cannot imagine his price will be much higher than £3m, especially if it's an upfront payment.

Also, if he is quick (as you say), then it will be great to have a tricky, pacey, left footed wide player at the club, who actually wants to be here (cough Jovanovic).

I guess that means Jovanovic will be off too...

;1302005']He only has 6 months left on his contract I think' date=' so I cannot imagine his price will be much higher than £3m, especially if it's an upfront payment.

Also, if he is quick (as you say), then it will be great to have a tricky, pacey, [b']left footed[/b] wide player at the club, who actually wants to be here (cough Jovanovic).

I guess that means Jovanovic will be off too...

That's not a bad thing...that's a good thing!!