Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I just feel sorry about one player in particular' date=' Raúl Meireles. Destroying his career... Get out of there before it's too late.[/quote']

Lol my mate said Liverpool ruin player's careers. It can't apply to every player but I can actually see what he means. Aquilani is a good example and even Glen Johnson has never been at his best since his Portsmouth days.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

That's easy to answer. Rafa Benitez was bad' date=' wasn't he ? I'd bet Liverpool fans would call him back if they could so.

Bad coach, players can't handle a simple home match v Blackpool. You guys aren't even the best '-pool' in Premier League.

That doesn't mean I dont have a TV to watch Premier League matches.[/quote']

Lol my mate said Liverpool ruin player's careers. It can't apply to every player but I can actually see what he means. Aquilani is a good example and even Glen Johnson has never been at his best since his Portsmouth days.

You guys are funny :rolleyes:

What is funny about my comment? I think it's a fair point when you look at the players that have been bought over the last 4-5 years. Not everyone will agree but you could still argue it.

Isn't it the same for every team? No matter what team you look at you'll find a number of players that have underperformed. In recent years at Liverpool it's been the opposite if anything else, just look at the team that won the Champions League in 2005, all over-performing. Rafa certainly got the best out of the players he had. Roy's now going and ruining his hard work.

As far as I'm concerned Roy has too go by this weekend for 2 reasons.

A. He dosn't get his hands on the transfer budget

B. He dosn't do a repeat full season of what he did at Inter and Blackburn

I'd be happy with Kenny until the summer and then look at who to bring in for the long term, be it Rafa after a break away from the game or someone else.

As far as I'm concerned Roy has too go by this weekend for 2 reasons.

A. He dosn't get his hands on the transfer budget

B. He dosn't do a repeat full season of what he did at Inter and Blackburn

I'd be happy with Kenny until the summer and then look at who to bring in for the long term' date=' be it Rafa after a break away from the game or someone else.[/quote']

Doesn't Damien Comolli control transfers now ?

Or am I wrong

Liverpool's problem is not just the coach. It is also a problem' date=' but just a part of it.

[b']starting with Joe Cole / Benayoun deal. What a great deal to Chelsea, but I can't say the same to Liverpool[/b]...

Benayoun to Chelsea for 6m

Cole to Liverpool for free transfer

Neither has played much for their respective new club since joining - I really don't see how it's been a good deal for Chelsea :confused: . Also not being a follower of Liverpool, you will be unaware that Benayoun was making noises about leaving Liverpool for most of last season so to get 6m for a 30-year-old who was unhappy at the rotation was pretty good business to be honest :) . Admittedly Joe Cole has been a big disappointment up till now, but still can't see how you feel Chelsea did great business there and Liverpool didn't. If anything you could argue it's been mediocre business for both with niether player able to make a positive impact at their new club, but at least Liverpool gathered a transfer fee.

Benayoun to Chelsea for 6m

Cole to Liverpool for free transfer

Neither has played much for their respective new club since joining - I really don't see how it's been a good deal for Chelsea :confused: . Also not being a follower of Liverpool' date=' you will be unaware that Benayoun was making noises about leaving Liverpool for most of last season so to get 6m for a 30-year-old who was unhappy at the rotation was pretty good business to be honest :) . Admittedly Joe Cole has been a big disappointment up till now, but still can't see how you feel Chelsea did great business there and Liverpool didn't. If anything you could argue it's been mediocre business for both with niether player able to make a positive impact at their new club, but at least Liverpool gathered a transfer fee.[/quote']

I understand your opinion, you're absolutely right. But like I said, 'starting with Joe Cole / Benayoun deal. I was talking about the starting of the season, and I'm sure Benayoun was in better shape than Cole.

But now, I have to agree with you. But you say 'at least Liverpool gathered a transfer fee.' That's not important, because the 6M didn't solved the Liverpool crisis...

PS: Happy new Year to everyone :)

I understand your opinion' date=' you're absolutely right. But like I said, '[b']starting[/b] with Joe Cole / Benayoun deal. I was talking about the starting of the season, and I'm sure Benayoun was in better shape than Cole.

But now, I have to agree with you. But you say 'at least Liverpool gathered a transfer fee.' That's not important, because the 6M didn't solved the Liverpool crisis...

PS: Happy new Year to everyone :)

That's true :)

But there is a famous English saying which I believe applies here...'if you look after the pennies, the pounds will take care of themselves'. It may only be a drop in the ocean in terms of the debt, but it is a drop nonetheless :P.

It's a principle Liverpool FC as a whole have not applied in recent years in many ways and now they are paying the price :(

That's true :)

But there is a famous English saying which I believe applies here...'if you look after the pennies' date=' the pounds will take care of themselves'. It may only be a drop in the ocean in terms of the debt, but it is a drop nonetheless :P.

It's a principle Liverpool FC as a whole have not applied in recent years in many ways and now they are paying the price :([/quote']

True :)

Other think that I just can't understand was the Emiliano Insua loan to Galatasaray... I think they should have kept him.

Disappointed with Hodgson's comments today. Thought his initial remark was spot on really and to revoke it seems completely unnecessary.

please tell me this is one big fishing trip - he expected everyone to fawn over him when he came here because he believed his own hype from the press that he was our saviour but people here quickly saw through him as someone not good enough (not his fault), who will publicly throw everybody else under the bus to save his own backside, most can see that he's using this job as a stepping stone for the england job, causing endless amounts of damage to the club in his short time here both on and off the pitch

please tell me this is one big fishing trip - he expected everyone to fawn over him when he came here because he believed his own hype from the press that he was our saviour but people here quickly saw through him as someone not good enough (not his fault)' date=' who will publicly throw everybody else under the bus to save his own backside, most can see that he's using this job as a stepping stone for the england job, causing endless amounts of damage to the club in his short time here both on and off the pitch[/quote']

Not at all. The fans have never been fully behind Hodgson. His performances haven't been up to scratch but when he says "(...) ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there," he's completely right. Be honest, you were sceptical from day one. Being a fan works both ways: the team does well and you're happy but when the team isn't doing well you have to get behind them. He's never been supported by the majority at Liverpool. I'm just disappointed he didn't have the balls to stick by his comments...

;1303967']and then there's Insua for Konchesky. :D

Or

Arbeloa 3m forJohnson 18m

Or Alonso for a 20m crock who despite being fit for the last six months of the season was hardly played coz clearly the manager didn't rate him...

Or clearly wanting to get rid of Alnso for gareth barry!!

Selling crouch,Bellamy and replacing them with....err no-one

Nines,pellegrino,degen,Josemi,Babel etc etc I could list loads more....

Bunch of hypocrites.....one rule for one person....one for another....

not to mention the millions we are squandering away on inept players on massive wages from the last regime.

Or

Arbeloa 3m forJohnson 18m

Or Alonso for a 20m crock who despite being fit for the last six months of the season was hardly played coz clearly the manager didn't rate him...

Or clearly wanting to get rid of Alnso for gareth barry!!

Selling crouch' date='Bellamy and replacing them with....err no-one

Nines,pellegrino,degen,Josemi,Babel etc etc I could list loads more....

Bunch of hypocrites.....one rule for one person....one for another....

not to mention the millions we are squandering away on inept players on massive wages from the last regime.[/quote']

I don't think I once mentioned, or implied that Rafa made no mistakes in the transfer market. So I don't really see how the above is relevant.

Besides, Arbeloa was wanting away and only had 1 year left on his contract, and at the time Johnson was the best RB in the country. (Granted, still not great business).

Alonso wanted away too, there was no stopping his sale. And there is no doubt that Aquilani is a very good player, when fully fit (which he wasn't for all of last season). Just look at how well he is doing at Juventus.