Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Ask yourself why did Alonso want away, everybody with half a brain knows the reality behind him wanting to leave. It all stemmed from the birth of his kid and Rafa's treatment of him because he wanted to be at the birth of his chid(which anybody with kids can fully understand) and goes on from there.....there was only one reason he wanted to leave.

Why pay 20m for a player who has been injured for ages and no guarantee how he wil return from injury. rafa then had the opportunity in the final six months to play him and he very rarely did...why?? the reason is obvious he did not trust him or rate him highly enough that is the simple reason. he didn't trust him to play....so you spent 20m on a player who don't ebb figure in your plans when fit....how is that logical??

he is a good player but he ain't a Premier League player IMO, he will flourish in the less competitive,combative,physical environment with a slower speed of football where he can utilize his qualities but in England you are not afforded that luxury you have to have the grit,determination and steel to go along with your talent to succeed in this demanding League.

I could list millions of mistakes but the point I'm making is everybody makes mistakes....and if anybody tries to suggest Insua is any better than Konchesky they need there head looking at. they are both poor granted but Insua was a liability for well over a year and a constant focal point for the opposition because they knew he was so weak.

Talk about transfers all you want but the truth is Roy has spent nothing and is in profit, he has not been given any significant sums to spend and the one signing of any significant sum Meireles everybody rates (granted he has not been used as he should be-namely CM with Stevie) Poulsen is rubbish and Konchesky will never be a Liverpool player but when you have near enough no funds and Roy hasn't you can't really judge until a manager is given funds,proper funds and then a manager can live or die by his signings.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Not at all. The fans have never been fully behind Hodgson.

probably because he's trying to implement a midtable/relegation scrapping team mentality and trying to turn the likes of torres into zamora. and then there is his constant buckpassing for his own failures' date=' hence why people wont get behind him as he'd damage us like souness did

if anybody tries to suggest Insua is any better than Konchesky they need there head looking at.

and here is me thinking you'd totally lost it the other day when you said carragher was 'one of the finest CB's in europe for the last 10 years' comment despite him never playing CB until april 2004 and prior to that was an above average fullback at best and being average since 2009

oh, and as for alonso going, google "xabi alonso david cameron" and click on the first result:

Of course we footballers think about it; we are not stupid, we keep an eye on it," Alonso said. "When you see your contract down by 30 per cent you cannot be happy. I cannot do anything – it must be Gordon Brown or David Cameron.

" I think the weakness of the sterling is not helping the Premiership because for those competing and fighting against the European teams it is a big weak point. Hopefully over the next few months and years it will get back to what it was not so long ago."

Alonso signed a five-year contract with Liverpool in 2007 worth an estimated £65,000 a week. At the time there were €1.48 to the pound so he was on €96,200 per week but due to the weakness of the pound that has fallen to €76,700 a week. When the 50p tax rate comes in next April that will drop to €69,000 a week, so he could be losing €27,200 every week compared to what he was earning back in 2007. Overall, Alonso fears he could end up losing nearly £1.2 million per year.

so i dont think it had anything to do with the birth of his kid (which was because alonso kept changing his mind on whether he was going or not, nothing to do with him not going at all), but it gave him a nice excuse (and personally i dont really blame him for going back to spain for financial reasons)

Not at all. The fans have never been fully behind Hodgson. His performances haven't been up to scratch but when he says "(...) ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there' date='" he's completely right. Be honest, you were sceptical from day one. Being a fan works both ways: the team does well and you're happy but when the team isn't doing well you have to get behind them. He's [b']never[/b] been supported by the majority at Liverpool. I'm just disappointed he didn't have the balls to stick by his comments...

I agree with the sentiments and al of that is a fairly honest assessment, however the reality is that he has signed his own death warrant now and I can't see anyway back for him after those comments. I know a lot of the regulars at Anfield and especially the away support and they won't forget. You can do many things and take on many people as a manager but the fans...you will never win.

I feel sorry for him personally as you say no doubting he has under performed but there are many reasons to explain and certain circumstances that the has no control over. I personally think he is an honest man of integrity, cincereand a decent man who has despite what some people may say done a decent job at many places across the globe. However as with all managers you will be judged by results and results have not been good enough, nowhere near good enough. I'm a traditionalist in the fact I believe every manager should be given time but it's a different world we live in now.

Every fan thinks they know best, they want success yesterday, the footballing world has changed so much in the last 20yearsthat its very difficult environment to do anything in without significant money, fans in the main don't look long-term they live in the moment however especially with this club attitudes must change. Must face up to the reality of what a massive rebuilding job we have, trophies.....forget it short term, we must restructure top to bottom have a long-term startegywe don't havemilions to chuck at it....it hurts but it is true. we are in a transitional period and won't be a force for a god few years yet.

But if they are going to sack Roy then now is the time in the sense that it is crunch time. They either back him, give him significant funds and say this is our man or they go the other way and sack him and give any funds (though my sources in Liverpool tell me it is limited) to a new manager. It would be illogical to give him funds in Jan then sack him if a few more results go against us rather than giving them to a new manager.

probably because he's trying to implement a midtable/relegation scrapping team mentality and trying to turn the likes of torres into zamora. and then there is his constant buckpassing for his own failures' date=' hence why people wont get behind him as he'd damage us like souness did

and here is me thinking you'd totally lost it the other day when you said carragher was 'one of the finest CB's in europe for the last 10 years' comment despite him never playing CB until april 2004 and prior to that was an above average fullback at best and hasnt been a 'top' CB since 2009[/quote']

Carrara played all across the back four ever since 2000 odd and I said he was phenomenal between 2004-2009. he has been one of the bestCB'sinEurope for a long time and I never said he was one of the best at this current point in time but that he is without doubt still our best CB by a million miles.

Not surprised you try to alter my comments though, you always do

As for Alonso you believe what you like everybody in and around Liverpool knows the truth why he left whatever you might find by spending half your time googling items to use on an Internet forum. idont deny money the50%tax rate is an issue for players in England nowadays but that ain't the reason Alonso left, I know it, the Liverpool fans know it.....

Carrara played all across the back four ever since 2000 odd and I said he was phenomenal between 2004-2009. he has been one of the bestCB'sinEurope for a long time and I never said he was one of the best at this current point in time but that he is without doubt still our best CB by a million miles.

here is your original quote:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1300295&postcount=5000

Still our best CB by a million miles and one of the finest CB in Europe consistently for the past 8-10years he ain't at the phenomenal level he was between 2004-2009 but still a great defender.

and i cannot ever remember him playing more than one game at CB - hyypia and henchoz were the established pair and even the likes of biscan and even diao were playing at CB ahead of carragher under houillier, only in houilliers latter days when henchoz was no longer of the standard did he play carra but that was for the last few games of that season

although i do agree he was excellent for a period - would personally go with late 2004 to early 2009 but not exactly arguing with what you said, but personally wouldnt class him as 'great' anymore as he's made quite a lot of errors in the last year or so that have cost us (not tracking his man against lyon in the CL for delgado's goal and atletico in the europa where he switched off and gave forlan space, manc game earlier this season for the last 2 berbatov goals) and he's lost that half a yard or so of pace which is the difference from being able to keep up with quicker players despite not being that quick to getting ripped by zavon hines last season

anyway, i'm out for the year. have a good new year y'all

Not surprised you try to alter my comments though' date=' you always do

As for Alonso you believe what you like everybody in and around Liverpool knows the truth why he left whatever you might find by spending half your time googling items to use on an Internet forum. idont deny money the50%tax rate is an issue for players in England nowadays but that ain't the reason Alonso left, I know it, the Liverpool fans know it.....[/quote']

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah alrite then

Just when we as a club thought we had 'turned the corner' in getting rid of Benitez we get someone who is even less capable.

Its like Lucas was disliked greatly by large segments of 'Pool fans but Poulsen has shown us that Lucas isn't the worst midfielder.

ROY OUT!

I'm actually begging Bolton to trash pool so Hogson gets the sack:p But if ROY OUT! WHO IN?:confused:

I'm actually begging Bolton to trash pool so Hogson gets the sack:p But if ROY OUT! WHO IN?:confused:

Thats always the biggest problem with replacing a manager.. finding a replacement who will take the club forward (and we found this out the hard way).

Didier Deschamps (spelling?) has been linked to the club a fair bit. Louis van Gaal has as well. Martion O'Neil as someone who knows the Premier League (but he wants to spend and our last experience of taking a manager with English managerial experience is failing). I'm not sure actually.. but no one could be worse than Roy.. could they?

Roy we are a club in crisis. It pains me to see how far we have fallen behind almost everyone in the league. The defensive tactics are not working and drastic action needs to be taken immediately. We need quality players in this transfer window - NESV need to splash cash now. Roy has lost the faith of the fans and it looks like the players as well. Our team is uninspiring to watch and lacks any sort of team cohesion and passion. I can not see how Roy can continue as manager - surely his position is untenable. Please NESV save our club now before it is too late. As much as I would like to see King Kenny back I don't think it is the best option - there will be no quick fixes and I would hate to see the supporters turn on him as he is the club legend.

Benitez' date=' Domenech, plenty of class managers for you to choose from :D

Wonder what's happened to Rijkaard, Scolari, Hiddink..[/quote']

Benitez should just take a break. Go on a vacation. That guy has lost it.

Domenech can go f... off and study astrology. He can't get the respect of the FFA so why would he get it here.

Rijkaaard? I'm not too convinced of his managerial abilities

Scolari has the language barrier problem that caused him his job at Chelsea so i wouldnt even think about him

Hiddink would be my choice but the fierce Turks won't let him go. Not after their loss of Ozil to Germany.

My ideal choice would be Chris Hughton. Others like Allardyce aren't suited for big clubs like Pool. He has the same problem as Hoggy. small club MENTALITY

Benitez should just take a break. Go on a vacation. That guy has lost it.

Domenech can go f... off and study astrology. He can't get the respect of the FFA so why would he get it here.

Rijkaaard? I'm not too convinced of his managerial abilities

Scolari has the language barrier problem that caused him his job at Chelsea so i wouldnt even think about him

Hiddink would be my choice but the fierce Turks won't let him go. Not after their loss of Ozil to Germany.

My ideal choice would be Chris Hughton. Others like Allardyce aren't suited for big clubs like Pool. He has the same problem as Hoggy. small club MENTALITY

And my suggestions?

And my suggestions?

Sorry bout that. Deschamps could be an ideal option. But it looks like he's a one season wonder at Marseille. Currently quite far off from Lille who's top spot. Quite inexperienced too considering his age. Not really a safe bet to me.

O'neil has got that addictive English thirst where he only buys players in the UK and that could be a negative point. But that could also be a plus point. BUT REMEMBER. He got fired at Villa becos he wanted full control of the club transfers and all. Remember the Milner shenanigans.

Well. We have Damien Comolli right here at the Kop bossing around the transfers. They might not see each other eye to eye.

No idea on Van Gaal but i don't think the Bavaria Giants want to lose him midseason so suddenly.

My IDEAL CHOICES would be Chris Hughton, Hiddink and K.Daglish.;)

Doubt Deschamps will leave l'OM for Liverpool. Not only beacuse l'OM is in a better shape than Liverpool at the moment, but also beacuse he has been given very much money (for a club of Marseille's standard at least) to work with. It's not often you see a player like Lucho, who should be playing in a bigger league to be honest, coming to club in France for €17 million. It's not often you see two player costing a club of Marseille's size around €31-33 million (Gignac and Remy). All those signings means one thing in my opinion: Deschamps is there at l'OM to stay for the long run.

Van Gaal isn't a manager that you need, to be honest. He's a very stubborn manager, who believes in his own managerment and doesn't care about people within the club raise there voice of disappointment. He has already stood up against the Bayern board (Nerlinger, Beckenbauer and Hoeness), who is arguably one of the most powerful and not the exact board who you want to mess with (just ask Magath). Despite the fact Bayern needed new players to arrive this summer, as the squad began to look smaller and smaller, Van Gaal didn't care what the board told to him (buy players, here's a bag of €€€€) and trusted in his own insticts (keep giving youngsters a shot). It's nice to see that he is giving the academy players/younger players a shot. If he was appointed the manager, I'm sure Pacheco or Ayala would have been given a chance, for instance. However, he took it to a whole new line when he didn't spend one single € on transfers and instend focussed to bring in academy players after academy players in order to hopefully see them becoming these Müller's or Badstuber's. Now we've seen that it was the wrong decision to do (look at the Bundesliga table and the overall displays this season) and to be honest, if Van Gaal would be appointed as the manager of Bayern, how much influence would Comolli, who got appointed by the NESV, have when it comes transfering players? I'd say a small influence next to nothing, myself.