• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Man U' date=' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, [b']Sunderland, Villa [/b](When all the squad is fit).

I reckon all of those have a better first XI.

Tbh Adamski is right.

Ur an idiot mate, just looks like ur sucking up to Admaski, really hate people like you, how can you possibly say Sunderland and Villa have a better first 11?

If you can convince me ill call your Sir.

if that man doesnt hand in his notice within the next hour i think it officially destroys his 'decent man' image (this image that is only in this country which nobody in the other countries he has worked in had doesnt exist as they see him as an arrogant ******)

Think about the positives' date=' that's the first goal we have scored in the last 15 mins for ages! :D[/quote']

Shouldn't be enough to save his job thou - a 10-0 win today wouldn't be enough in my view, the last 6 months have shown he should step or be pushed down very quickly. Lets hope we take the lead from Palace who sacked there manager after todays games.

probably because he's trying to implement a midtable/relegation scrapping team mentality and trying to turn the likes of torres into zamora. and then there is his constant buckpassing for his own failures' date=' hence why people wont get behind him as he'd damage us like souness did[/quote']

My initial point was that Hodgson was spot on in saying the fans have never fully supported him. You haven't suggested otherwise at all...

yTxjAHphqyM

Really good offside trap and brave too. Thinking about it; could you feasibly defend a corner/free-kick by standing all 10 outfield players on the half-way line?

;1304563']We should definitely be top 6.

Our squad is better than the likes of Everton & Villa and our 1st team is arguably better than Spurs'

That's rubbish. Especially when you consider the form of your top players is pretty rubbish (before today at least). Any impartial fan would take Spurs' first team over yours and I'd say your squad is on a par with several teams around the Everton/Villa standard. You have little/no strength in depth which has to be blamed on Benitez...

I doubt it will happen' date=' They could have got some momentum going when they beat chelsea and villa but they didnt so i can't see why their going to do it now.[/quote']

Good win today but I agree with Matty. Apparently you showed a bit of steel and resilience in the second half though which bodes well. Winning ugly would be a massive improvement on your current showings.

Shouldn't be enough to save his job thou - a 10-0 win today wouldn't be enough in my view' date=' the last 6 months have shown he should step or be pushed down very quickly. Lets hope we take the lead from Palace who sacked there manager after todays games.[/quote']

AGREED

wed probz lose next week. Weve had better results against chelski, drew the next match to wigan, dont expect a different pattern

Guest Daragh

Really good offside trap and brave too. Thinking about it; could you feasibly defend a corner/free-kick by standing all 10 outfield players on the half-way line?

That would leave the opposition free. Say you have a free kick in a similar position to that of Liverpool's Vs Wolves, and you played your players on the halfway line, the opposition players can sit there, behind the ball and remain onside. Leaving a simple pass to put you through on goal. Same goes for corners.

That would leave the opposition free. Say you have a free kick in a similar position to that of Liverpool's Vs Wolves' date=' and you played your players on the halfway line, the opposition players can sit there, behind the ball and remain onside. Leaving a simple pass to put you through on goal. Same goes for corners.[/quote']

Fair point. Level with the taker then? Forget corners; ball has to go forward to be offside as has been pointed out on my wall :P

My initial point was that Hodgson was spot on in saying the fans have never fully supported him. You haven't suggested otherwise at all...

because we are supporting the team - why does he desperately need people to acknowledge him

Shouldn't be enough to save his job thou - a 10-0 win today wouldn't be enough in my view' date=' the last 6 months have shown he should step or be pushed down very quickly.[/quote']

the attendance today was under 36k, so people are voting with their feets bigtime here (and if you didnt see the game you'll see huge gaps in the anny road/lower cent corner) and cant see hodgson lasting too long when the attendances are THAT bad

because we are supporting the team - why does he desperately need people to acknowledge him

Jeeez...

If he were to get fired and a new guy came in and got similarly bad results in his first few games I bet you'd back him more than you do Hodgson.

You obviously don't like the guy and never have done. A lot of fans share your views and thus Hodgson is spot on when he says what he did.

Jeeez...

If he were to get fired and a new guy came in and got similarly bad results in his first few games I bet you'd back him more than you do Hodgson.

You obviously don't like the guy and never have done. A lot of fans share your views and thus Hodgson is spot on when he says what he did.

the reason why he isnt getting backing from the fans is that the vast majority of the fans can see he is taking the team backwards with his tactics/methods and he is purely a short-termist - his CV would indicate that to anyone (look at how many jobs he has had in his last 20 years, and its not as if each move was a step up the ladder like with someone like owen coyle, and him having more jobs than we have ever had managers in over 115 years)

the reason why he isnt getting backing from the fans is that the vast majority of the fans can see he is taking the team backwards with his tactics/methods and he is purely a short-termist - his CV would indicate that to anyone (look at how many jobs he has had in his last 20 years' date=' and its not as if each move was a step up the ladder like with someone like owen coyle, and him having more jobs than we have ever had managers in over 115 years)[/quote']

You didn't know that before the first game though. Have you ever supported Hodgson as a manager?

You didn't know that before the first game though. Have you ever supported Hodgson as a manager?

i gave him a chance at first despite not wanting him, but it became clear very quickly (after 5 games) that it was a bad decision to hire him and that we would go backwards under him and hence he should go from the club along with the man who hired him

and as far as i can remember no manager since kenny has had their name chanted on day one fyi

Dreadful match, but really happy that we came away with the 3 points.

A couple of random +/- thoughts on the match (via tv):

• Is it me or did Roy start all of the players that the fans have been clamoring for all along ?

• Why didn't Gerrard start? Just curious if anyone has an idea..

• For one of the few times over the past 18 months, SG played better than average (let alone better than sub-par).

• Holy smokes... We can actually carry the ball out of the back... Fancy that ...!

• Crowd seemed to be loving Agger. Great battle with Davies.

• Aurelio's technique and first touch is down-right amazing. Yes, yet again we were done in by a cross coming in from the opposition's right wing (albeit a set-piece), but IMO this guy should be starting with PK as back-up (which it should have always been this year)

• Great substitution of Soto @ the end. He brought more attention on the set-piece

• How bad is Johnson at defending that far post...? It's like clockwork every game (headshake)

• Nice call by the referee/linesman @ the end. But what the heck was JCole doing standing flat-footed in an offside position...?
    :rolleyes:
    £19M folks... £19-frigging-Million tied up with this guy...! Anyway, we'll take it today

• If I was a Bolton supporter I would feel hard done by that result. They had as many quality chances as we did (which were few and far between)

• At some point in the first half the thought went through my head wondering if the Liverpool PD asked more policemen to work today anticipating the absolute WORST if Liverpool lost @ home again. Sad, but true.

Anyway...Here are a couple of different ways to do a post-match interview:

IMO Burs has this one right. The support of the manager has to be earned @ this club.

The real question is whether or not Hodgson could have possibly had that support regardless if the results weren't there. And for that answer there are 6 current Camps:

• Camp 1 (currently 5% of LFC fans): always saw Hodgson as the last remaining vestige of the Hicks/GG reign and were NEVER going to give him his due regardless of the results/tactics
  • Camp 2 (currently 1% of LFC fans): believe that the Hodgson should have their support because they see the effort from him (tactical' date=' training, man-management, etc...) despite the results ; it's the players who deserve the vast vast VAST majority of the blame
    [*']Camp 3 (currently 50% of LFC fans): believe that Hodgson's efforts just haven't been up to par, that whatever he is trying to get across is simply not working (and never will) and that this current crop of players are currently good enough to compete for a Top-4/5 place ASAP given the right manager
  • Camp 4 (currently 30% of LFC fans): same as above except these people believe that Top-6 level of competition is our new competitive level for several years given the current players that we have
  • Camp 5 (currently 10% of LFC fans): see this as a complete CTRL/ALT/DLT scenario where both the manager and many of the players simply need a new scenario rather than @ LFC ; Jog On ; that this was a lose/lose scenario regardless who the manager was
  • Camp 6 (currently 4% of LFC fans): believe that we should give this very experienced manager the full year to instill his philosophy, and are willing to live with the "growing pains"... fair enough

For what it's worth I am somewhere in Camp 4. But I have a very strong feeling that Camp 5 is going to be reality when everything is said and done.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that we are going to see a complete overhaul of this squad over the next 2 seasons. Hopefully the GK isn't included in that though. Then, watch out...cause all any team associated with Henry/NESV do is win trophies! :D

the attendance today was under 36k' date=' so people are voting with their feets bigtime here (and if you didnt see the game you'll see huge gaps in the anny road/lower cent corner)[/color'] and cant see hodgson lasting too long when the attendances are THAT bad

Soooo, glad you brought this up...

Completely noticeable on tv. I was hoping it was just some Anfield security measure or something like that. I have ZERO problem with people not going to the match because the end-product is not worth their £££s in this tight economic environment. Zero problem. It's the way that it should be. But I truly hope there isn't any organized boycott going on as that would be COMPLETELY counter-productive to Liverpool FC.

Think about the positives' date=' that's the first goal we have scored in the last 15 mins for ages! :D[/quote']

It's also apparently the first time we've come from behind to win a game in the Premiership for 16 months :eek:

I would guess he is probably right and it's clear many fans were dubious of his appointment from the offset. I wouldn't however say that they didn't back him or turned against him, he was given a fair crack. The point is you can think like that as a manager, but you certainly shouldn't be making a statement questioning the fans backing of the team in a post-match interview. That was simply foolhardy and as far as I'm aware no top manager (or any manager in fact) would make such a blatant claim. Hence his backtracking was understandable and I'm surprised you feel he shouldn't have done so (in an earlier post of yours I read) and that you were disappointed he did so. Not many managers last in the job when they have so blatantly questioned the fans backing. It was the logical thing to do if honestly feels he wants to maintain a future at the club.

I have no problem with Hodgson and he is a very pleasant man who has conducted himself well over his managerial career wherever he has manged. The problem is, in my opinion and that of other 'Pool fans, is that his credentials never matched up to the ambitions of our club. Many have posted that Liverpool's squad is no longer worthy of top 6 status and they probably are correct. But it doesn't stop the fans from having ambitions of top 6 or higher and why should it? Because as fans we should always have ambitions higher than the realistic position otherwise we can never progress. Most saw the appointment of Hodgson as a significant lowering of ambitions, hence not everyone taking to him. I mentioned it before in the thread, but I would like to know how many fans from any of the clubs who have realistic ambitions of the top 6 would have swapped Hodgson with their manager at the start of the season on the back of last season's exploits. I know what the answer is and it's why so many were dubious. A manager whose various clubs have never managed to win more than 17 games of any season in any of the sides he has managed since his very early years in Sweden. One whose away wins record in the Premiership stands at about 15 away wins out of roughly 100 games in EPL. Ultimately, it looks like it may well have been one step-up too much for him.